ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:03 AM   #81
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Trump has had a more consistent position on Gay Marriage than either of the previous two dem presidential candidates.
He has a consistent position??

2000: Trump states: "marriage is between a man and a woman."

2015: Trump supports "Traditional" marriage but thinks it should be a "states rights" issue

2016: Trump suggests he might appoint conservative judges to overturn court rulings on gay marriage

2019: Trump is "fine" with Buttigieg's marriage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...e-sex_marriage

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:57 AM   #82
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

2015: Trump supports "Traditional" marriage but thinks it should be a "states rights" issue

2016: Trump suggests he might appoint conservative judges to overturn court rulings on gay marriage

Remember, Trump's position on any matter is precisely what his supporters assign to him. If they declare that he has been consistent, then he has, regardless of what he has actually said.
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:08 AM   #83
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Just thought I’d have a go at fixing the thread title:

Trump Hates Buttigieg Anyone Who Doesn’t Sing His Praises Because He's Gay They Don’t Sing His Praises

Not that that would prompt much if any forum discussion.
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:15 AM   #84
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Not true.

Central Park jogger caseThese are not the words and actions of someone who does 'what ever he thinks will make him look best at the time'. It shows that he does have strong convictions about certain subjects. And if you actually listen to what he says, you will find that he doesn't just say things to make himself look good. When Trump described Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists, when he talked about **** hole countries, when he insisted that Obama wasn't a real American - he didn't take those positions just to look good.

Some people argue that Trump just says things that he thinks his base wants to hear. I don't think that's true. I think his 'base' only exists because he was already saying those things - even before he knew there was a group who wanted to hear it. IOW, he's one of them.
Regarding his stand on the CP5, it's also quite likely that his narcissism prevents him from admitting he was wrong, especially after taking out the infamous full page newspaper ad. Admitting error is something he just can't do as it would counter his belief that he is one of the greatest minds of all time.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:36 AM   #85
Toontown
Philosopher

It is good that so many have been able to glean so much information from Trump's various bouts of verbal incontinence.

It is not so good that so much of the gleaned information is in conflict.

The Informer in Chief he ain't. And he's not even a very good indoctrinator.
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:44 AM   #86
ahhell
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

I sit corrected.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:46 AM   #87
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Yeah, to be honest, I don't think there's any position on which Trump hasn't flip-flopped more than a Slinky on a 40 story flight of stairs.*

*EAT: At least on his stated position
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:41 PM   #88
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Yeah, to be honest, I don't think there's any position on which Trump hasn't flip-flopped more than a Slinky on a 40 story flight of stairs.*

*EAT: At least on his stated position
He has never said a single bad thing about Vladimir Putin.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:48 PM   #89
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
Or (from his perspective) himself. Trump's love for Trump is an eternal flame. Or a roaring inferno. Unquenchable. And causing enormous damage to everyone around him.
Old Yesterday, 02:19 AM   #90
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Or (from his perspective) himself. Trump's love for Trump is an eternal flame. Or a roaring inferno. Unquenchable. And causing enormous damage to everyone around him.
To borrow a concept from Lenny Bruce, Trump's the kind of person who if you tell to "Go **** Yourself!" he probably thanks you for wishing him such good fortune.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM   #91
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Regarding his stand on the CP5, it's also quite likely that his narcissism prevents him from admitting he was wrong, especially after taking out the infamous full page newspaper ad. Admitting error is something he just can't do as it would counter his belief that he is one of the greatest minds of all time.
Which is clear and evident proof that he is not even in the running for that .

On the bright side we know that thus his brain has the same density as lead.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #92
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
Could have sworn he was heard saying he wanted to eat Putin. Or, maybe meet Putin.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #93
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Actions Speak Louder:

Quote:
SCOOP: The Trump administration will soon make it easier for adoption agencies to reject same-sex couples, senior administration officials tell Axios
https://twitter.com/axios/status/113...163959808?s=21
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM   #94
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Trump is supporting same-sex couples by not burdening them with kids.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics