ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Reply
Old 17th August 2013, 04:59 PM   #121
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
Chris, maybe you can shed some light on something. You say that skeptics are afraid or threatened by what you have witnessed? I see this, or other versions of it, quite often at the BFF. I really don't understand it. Why would anyone here be afraid of the discovery of Bigfoot? My world view would not be rocked off its hinges so to speak if someone dragged the monkey out of the bush. I would applaud it and happily chow down on crow. But afraid? Threatened by the prospect even? I can assure you that is not the case at all and I truly do not understand the accusation to be honest.


ETA: Chris, you mentioned your "work" at the primate research center voluntarily. Now you act like we're prying into your personal life by asking you to offer something to verify that claim? Why mention something like that in the first place if you were not prepared for at least a follow up question or two?

Last edited by dmaker; 17th August 2013 at 05:02 PM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 05:22 PM   #122
River
Illuminator
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,320
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
This is a common mistake among skeptics. They tend to classify Bigfooters along with a faith based religion of one type or the other.

Many witnesses of bigfoot are eye witnesses. The same can't be said of faith based beliefs.

There is no reference to bigfoot in the Bible. Maybe the odd hairy child being born once in a while, or giants, but not definitively Bigfoot.

Granted, those who are only looking at what evidence is available for bigfoot without having an actual visual encounter may believe that there's a good chance the creature exists without ever having seen one. There are none in that classification that have "0" doubts though.

Am I a Christian? I was raised as a Baptist but do not attend any church. I am certain evolution is the correct path as I have witnessed evidence of parallel evolution. Namely that of a large bipedal primate.

I consider myself a "knower" rather than a "believer" because I have actually witnessed the creatures personally.

It would seem I'm in a hostile environment. By my being here it seems many must feel threatened because I've witnessed the very thing they deny. By attacking me or my mental state, they seem to feel more secure in their disbelief. That's unfortunate because I really wish everyone could experience an encounter on their own. Not on some pay-per-trek bigfoot adventure ripoff, but experience them by doing the homework, finding a good area and making treks into that area. That is the way to solve the mystery. Even if you think there is no bigfoot, a little exercise isn't gonna hurt. Some time spent in nature is a good thing. Critical thinking implies an open mind to discovery, not a closed book denial.

Now, can we please get on another subject besides myself.


Why not a bigfoot being cataloged and "discovered"?

Why is it only that you want people to have an "encounter"?

You know why? Because you know as well as I do there is no real creature to be found. The experiences or "encounters" are made up, or someone coaxes you to believe the rattle in the bushes, the blob I saw MUST be bigfoot. How could it be anything else?

The "knowers" like yourself, are full of crap. The only denial here, is by you and by other "believers" (hint, you wouldnt have to "believe" anything if it were real) that the bigfoot phenomenon represents a real non discovered apelike being. Bigfoot is folk lore, stories, hoaxes, cons. It is humans being fooled, and fooling others. Sometimes it's just fools. You will never prove your assertions about bigfoot. You insist people address you differently than they might others who have delusions of beasts, or creatures. Why should they? Bigfoot is no more real than mermaids. Certainly insisting they're real "because you've seen one" won't be acceptable. People claim to see all kinds of garbage. Your claims of "seeing" bigfoot is no different than this.
__________________
"I've seen more Bigfoot creatures than Mountain Lions and Wolves combined here in KY." ― ChrisBFRPKY

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 05:32 PM   #123
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Chris, maybe you can shed some light on something. You say that skeptics are afraid or threatened by what you have witnessed? I see this, or other versions of it, quite often at the BFF. I really don't understand it. Why would anyone here be afraid of the discovery of Bigfoot? My world view would not be rocked off its hinges so to speak if someone dragged the monkey out of the bush. I would applaud it and happily chow down on crow. But afraid? Threatened by the prospect even? I can assure you that is not the case at all and I truly do not understand the accusation to be honest.


ETA: Chris, you mentioned your "work" at the primate research center voluntarily. Now you act like we're prying into your personal life by asking you to offer something to verify that claim? Why mention something like that in the first place if you were not prepared for at least a follow up question or two?
If you need to see evidence of insecurity, just look up thread, this is what's called a "pile on".

It seems most think they can simply behave in any way they choose, civil or not until a bigfoot body is brought in. Then, they'll promise to eat crow and all the World is right. My view is that one must remain civil during a discussion, that's the only way to have an intelligent conversation.

There are some here I personally booted from the BFF. Not because I didn't like them, but because they refused to follow the forum rules and as an Admin, I had no choice. That may be the larger reason for the pile on, I'm not sure.

I don't do interviews with reporters and I don't post anything online of a personal nature. If you wish to post your personal info online for all to see, be my guest, I wouldn't suggest you actually do so though. If you wanna give me a ring and have a discussion, my number is on my website.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 05:36 PM   #124
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by River View Post
Why not a bigfoot being cataloged and "discovered"?

Why is it only that you want people to have an "encounter"?

You know why? Because you know as well as I do there is no real creature to be found. The experiences or "encounters" are made up, or someone coaxes you to believe the rattle in the bushes, the blob I saw MUST be bigfoot. How could it be anything else?

The "knowers" like yourself, are full of crap. The only denial here, is by you and by other "believers" (hint, you wouldnt have to "believe" anything if it were real) that the bigfoot phenomenon represents a real non discovered apelike being. Bigfoot is folk lore, stories, hoaxes, cons. It is humans being fooled, and fooling others. Sometimes it's just fools. You will never prove your assertions about bigfoot. You insist people address you differently than they might others who have delusions of beasts, or creatures. Why should they? Bigfoot is no more real than mermaids. Certainly insisting they're real "because you've seen one" won't be acceptable. People claim to see all kinds of garbage. Your claims of "seeing" bigfoot is no different than this.
Nice to see you again River. I miss reading your posts at the BFF.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 05:38 PM   #125
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,882
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
It seems most think they can simply behave in any way they choose, civil or not until a bigfoot body is brought in. Then, they'll promise to eat crow and all the World is right.
Eat crow for what reason? The skeptical position is correct in regard to this unevidenced cryptid. A footie is bagged, then a skeptic says, "Hey look, a bigfoot."

Until then, "got monkey?" is a perfectly reasonable query.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 05:44 PM   #126
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
Why is it that when proponents cannot verify their claims they cry "pile on"?
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 05:51 PM   #127
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Why is it that when proponents cannot verify their claims they cry "pile on"?
The "Pile on" is evident, I think what I said was: "Call me."
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 05:53 PM   #128
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Eat crow for what reason? The skeptical position is correct in regard to this unevidenced cryptid. A footie is bagged, then a skeptic says, "Hey look, a bigfoot."

Until then, "got monkey?" is a perfectly reasonable query.
I agree "got monkey?" is a perfectly reasonable question. Telling a bigfoot witness "You're a liar!" is unreasonable.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 06:06 PM   #129
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
I don't know that anyone called you a liar. They are, understandably, not convinced by your picture of a blob.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 06:12 PM   #130
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 4,900
That was me and it was based on fact.
__________________
Normal in a weird way.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 06:13 PM   #131
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
I got a "pile on" when I first showed up here, too. I was still entrenched in the idea of bigfoot, a romantic notion shared even by noted primatologist Jane Goodall. The members here collectively tried to talk me out of my delusion.

It seemed overwhelming at the time. But I was honest in my arguments, admitted mistakes, and used this place as a home-base for research into falsifying the PG suit. Eventually I shut the door on the very possibility of the big guy even existing. I needed that pile-on, because my confirmation bias and cherry picking were out of control. Logic is ruthless, and so are all these guys.

But you know, it's not like we're all in the same room ganging up on Chris, one after the other. Each of us is an individual, responding individually to the many fallacies and mistakes Chris throws out. He needs to be taken to task, repeatedly by all indications, to disabuse him of his illusions.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 06:16 PM   #132
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,667
No Bigfoot knower has ever been able to show that they are not lying. Never ever.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 06:59 PM   #133
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,882
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I agree "got monkey?" is a perfectly reasonable question. Telling a bigfoot witness "You're a liar!" is unreasonable.
When a person who claims a bigfoot experience cannot possibly be explained by other common natural phenomenon such as mundane cognitive errors, to which all human beings are subject, is that person not dishonest?
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 07:20 PM   #134
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
In all fairness, I don't know that dishonesty can be claimed without error when genuinely mistaken can also suffice. Stubborn adherence to the mistake displays a certain type of behaviour trait, but I can't say that is proves, without a doubt, outright dishonesty.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 07:37 PM   #135
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,649
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
If you need to see evidence of insecurity, just look up thread, this is what's called a "pile on".
It seems to me that you could make more sense and have a better time.

All we want is decent evidence for extraordinary claims.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by eerok; 17th August 2013 at 07:50 PM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 07:38 PM   #136
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,882
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
In all fairness, I don't know that dishonesty can be claimed without error when genuinely mistaken can also suffice. Stubborn adherence to the mistake displays a certain type of behaviour trait, but I can't say that is proves, without a doubt, outright dishonesty.
Not seriously considering other options is certainly close-minded, and of course not being honest with yourself.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:02 PM   #137
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 20,310
Maybe people that are promoting nonsense should be "piled on"?

The nonsense has been costly over the years. Monetarily, ruined lives, wasted time, wasted resources, etc.

Maybe it's time to stop treating the nonsense and it's promoters with kid gloves?
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 17th August 2013 at 08:04 PM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:30 PM   #138
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Not seriously considering other options is certainly close-minded, and of course not being honest with yourself.
I agree.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:30 PM   #139
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
I don't doubt that Chris had an agenda to try to trip up us nasty scofftics. But he could still very well actually believe that the blob he showed us was a real, live Sasquatch. My only point is that we cannot discern dishonesty from delusion. At least in my opinion.

As to whether or not he has a sock puppet account? Who knows? Who cares? I know that I do not.

ETA that being dishonest with yourself as an example of genuine deception requires a certain awareness that, again, we cannot prove. I do believe that not all Footers are dishonest. A great many are, to be sure. Especially at the higher "ranks". But the rank and file, so to speak, who have drank the kool-aid probably genuinely have convinced themselves that what they have seen or heard is evidence of a giant, hairy ape running around North America.

Last edited by dmaker; 17th August 2013 at 08:33 PM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:32 PM   #140
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
It seems to me that you could make more sense and have a better time.

All we want is decent evidence for extraordinary claims.
I know what you want. I cannot provide definitive proof of bigfoot for you and never claimed I could.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:34 PM   #141
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
When a person who claims a bigfoot experience cannot possibly be explained by other common natural phenomenon such as mundane cognitive errors, to which all human beings are subject, is that person not dishonest?
It could mean that. It could also mean they've seen the monkey.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:42 PM   #142
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Thinker
 
STRONG LIKE BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
It could mean that. It could also mean they've seen the monkey.
It is probably the least likely explanation you can come up with. Seeing as you know.. there is no fossil record of such a creature.. no evidence for one.. and Kentucky has been ruthlessly exploited throughout the industrial era..
STRONG LIKE BEAR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:47 PM   #143
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,882
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
It could also mean they've seen the monkey.
Not where alleged it can't. Not in WI, MI, IL, KY, TN, OK, CA. Nor in MN, SD, ND, and on and on. This monkey, this giant monkey could not have escaped harvest during the 10,000 + year exploitation of this continent. Just not possible. It would have been killed and stuffed, hide tanned for blankets and trickets, trophy-hunted for profit, and perhaps a remnant population preserved for prosperity.

These things have not occurred because there's no monkey save for in the mind of enthusiasts.

ETA: I've just spent a week in the CO Rockies looking at wildlife, tasting microbrews, and getting a bit altitude sick. Not once during all of that did I, nor could I, mistake the ass-end of a moose for six-foot monkey because I am not so disposed, whether consciously or unconsciously.

Last edited by Resume; 17th August 2013 at 08:54 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 08:47 PM   #144
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,002
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
That's unfortunate because I really wish everyone could experience an encounter on their own. Not on some pay-per-trek bigfoot adventure ripoff, but experience them by doing the homework, finding a good area and making treks into that area. That is the way to solve the mystery. Even if you think there is no bigfoot, a little exercise isn't gonna hurt. Some time spent in nature is a good thing.
But nobody except bigfoot researchers has the courage and experience to drive to a state campground and trek all the way to a picnic table.

Amazing video. I saw the dark spot, yeah.

Last edited by AlaskaBushPilot; 17th August 2013 at 08:50 PM.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 09:10 PM   #145
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
I don't doubt that Chris had an agenda to try to trip up us nasty scofftics. But he could still very well actually believe that the blob he showed us was a real, live Sasquatch. My only point is that we cannot discern dishonesty from delusion. At least in my opinion.

As to whether or not he has a sock puppet account? Who knows? Who cares? I know that I do not.

ETA that being dishonest with yourself as an example of genuine deception requires a certain awareness that, again, we cannot prove. I do believe that not all Footers are dishonest. A great many are, to be sure. Especially at the higher "ranks". But the rank and file, so to speak, who have drank the kool-aid probably genuinely have convinced themselves that what they have seen or heard is evidence of a giant, hairy ape running around North America.
It's very kind of you to point out I may not be a liar, simply delusional.

I've not presented any evidence of bigfoot here. I think it was Kitakaze that actually started posting pics and links to my website and told everyone to ask me any questions but please remain civil. lol And the fact is none of my pics or video is definitive proof of bigfoot.

That was a great spin in order to provoke a pile on, Kitakaze is like that and I like him even though we don't see eye to eye on every issue. Reviewing his posts became a favorite past time of mine on the BFF.

I agree that not all footers are honest. There are those that promote and grab handfuls of dollars as often as they can. Whether real evidence or hoaxed is at the center of that promotion.

Not all skeptics are honest either. Those quick to dismiss with certainty cannot do so logically. Those that dismiss without investigation cannot do so logically. That's not skepticisim it's denialism. That doesn't fly well with science either.

Making money by taking people on pay per trek adventures is another thorn in my side. Self proclaimed "experts", pay per entry websites, invisible bigfoot, the invisible space ship (operated by bigfoot), mind control bigfoot, vanishing bigfoot, all sour my stomach as well.

But, there are those out there trying to sort thru the BS. Exposing hoaxes, investigating sightings, never accepting monies from those who wish to go out on a trek with them. Never claiming to be an "expert". That's the kind of bigfooters I like.

We don't have to agree on all issues. Name calling is a good indicator that you've lost the argument. Just because you haven't witnessed something doesn't make it impossible that someone else has.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 09:14 PM   #146
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by STRONG LIKE BEAR View Post
It is probably the least likely explanation you can come up with. Seeing as you know.. there is no fossil record of such a creature.. no evidence for one.. and Kentucky has been ruthlessly exploited throughout the industrial era..
I don't know if the fossil record contains any examples of bigfoot or not. What I've seen looked alot like Giganto. So, until we have a body on file it's gonna remain an unanswered question either way.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 09:24 PM   #147
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
But nobody except bigfoot researchers has the courage and experience to drive to a state campground and trek all the way to a picnic table.

Amazing video. I saw the dark spot, yeah.
lol Now that's funny. That's the thing, alot of those guys camp out one or two weeks a year near populated areas and expect to have an encounter. I think it's safe to assume even though bigfoot is reportedly sighted in urban areas at times, they probably stay away from populations most of the time.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 09:43 PM   #148
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
So Chris, by your own standards you would have to say the the owner of the below linked business is guilty of "Making money by taking people on pay per trek adventures..." and that person "... is another thorn in my side." ?

That same person is a very vocal, and from what I can tell, well respected member of the BFF who often posts supporting the PGF.

http://www.sasquatchcountryadventure...Schedules.html
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 09:44 PM   #149
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
No Bigfoot knower has ever been able to show that they are not lying. Never ever.
And no sailor that was a giant squid witness was ever able to show that they were not lying. Until one washed up on a beach.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 09:47 PM   #150
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
So Chris, by your own standards you would have to say the the owner of the below linked business is guilty of "Making money by taking people on pay per trek adventures..." and that person "... is another thorn in my side." ?

That same person is a very vocal, and from what I can tell, well respected member of the BFF who often posts supporting the PGF.

http://www.sasquatchcountryadventure...Schedules.html
Yes I would say that and I did say that. To be clear, I do not believe taking people out on paid bigfoot adventures is worthy of anything other than lining their own pockets.

Last edited by ChrisBFRPKY; 17th August 2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: left out "own"
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 09:51 PM   #151
leisureclass
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post

I've not presented any evidence of bigfoot here. I think it was Kitakaze that actually started posting pics and links to my website and told everyone to ask me any questions but please remain civil. lol And the fact is none of my pics or video is definitive proof of bigfoot.

That was a great spin in order to provoke a pile on, Kitakaze is like that and I like him even though we don't see eye to eye on every issue. Reviewing his posts became a favorite past time of mine on the BFF.

Making money by taking people on pay per trek adventures is another thorn in my side. Self proclaimed "experts", pay per entry websites, invisible bigfoot, the invisible space ship (operated by bigfoot), mind control bigfoot, vanishing bigfoot, all sour my stomach as well.

But, there are those out there trying to sort thru the BS. Exposing hoaxes, investigating sightings, never accepting monies from those who wish to go out on a trek with them. Never claiming to be an "expert". That's the kind of bigfooters I like.

We don't have to agree on all issues. Name calling is a good indicator that you've lost the argument. Just because you haven't witnessed something doesn't make it impossible that someone else has.
1. With regards to your claim that none of your evidence is definitive: On your website, do you or do you not state that "Most Researchers are very afraid when presenting any evidence to the public, they will NOT say "IT'S BIGFOOT" for fear of being wrong or for fear of an honest misidentification. This is not the case with myself." Are you or are you not making a definitive statement that the subjects in the photograph are bigfoot, or at least an unclassified animal species matching the generally accepted physical descriptions of bigfoot? If not, what exactly are you claiming with that statement?

2. With regards to your disdain for self-proclaimed experts, do you or do you not describe yourself as the "Director of Operations" for the BFRPKY and an experienced "researcher" with years of observations? If so, how is this any different than being a "self-proclaimed expert?" If not, how would you define expert, and what criteria would be looked at in determining expertise?

3. With regard to your statement that name-calling "is a good indicator that you've lost the argument," would you agree that misrepresenting or intentionally altering a person's remarks to make them look foolish would be the same thing? If so, how would you defend your comments on the BFF and here, suggesting that we should have known that a photo, never actually posted on these forums, was identified incorrectly? If not, how do you differentiate between insult through deceit, and simple name calling?

Last edited by leisureclass; 17th August 2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: corrected typo
leisureclass is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 10:09 PM   #152
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
This is to dispel the rumor that natives didn't hunt gorillas.

http://vimeo.com/64039673

Highly recommend.
This is to dispel the rumor that the local natives hurt their gorillas.

"WCS maintains that while many gorillas are threatened by poachers, these gorillas in Kagwene have been protected by the local belief that the apes are people, and therefore should not be hunted or eaten."

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/...-gorillas-vin/

From about 1:20

It is confirmed that elsewhere locals hunted the Gorilla for meat, but not in Kagwene. The locals there protected them.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 10:17 PM   #153
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
Do the natives in Kentucky harm the Bigfoots there? I am fairly sure that I am missing your point.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 10:35 PM   #154
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by leisureclass View Post
1. With regards to your claim that none of your evidence is definitive: On your website, do you or do you not state that "Most Researchers are very afraid when presenting any evidence to the public, they will NOT say "IT'S BIGFOOT" for fear of being wrong or for fear of an honest misidentification. This is not the case with myself." Are you or are you not making a definitive statement that the subjects in the photograph are bigfoot, or at least an unclassified animal species matching the generally accepted physical descriptions of bigfoot? If not, what exactly are you claiming with that statement?

2. With regards to your disdain for self-proclaimed experts, do you or do you not describe yourself as the "Director of Operations" for the BFRPKY and an experienced "researcher" with years of observations? If so, how is this any different than being a "self-proclaimed expert?" If not, how would you define expert, and what criteria would be looked at in determining expertise?

3. With regard to your statement that name-calling "is a good indicator that you've lost the argument," would you agree that misrepresenting or intentionally altering a person's remarks to make them look foolish would be the same thing? If so, how would you defend your comments on the BFF and here, suggesting that we should have known that a photo, never actually posted on these forums, was identified incorrectly? If not, how do you differentiate between insult through deceit, and simple name calling?
1. Yes I know what I have seen. What I have seen are the creatures described as Bigfoot. As far as my failure to capture crisp clear images of them, how many times do I need to agree my pics and video are not of any quality? I know they're not to be considered as evidence for proof of existence. This is beating a dead horse. You got me, my pics are trash, you win.

2.A self proclaimed expert is one who announces to the World "I'm a Bigfoot expert." Just because I'm the director of the BFRP KY, doesn't make me an expert and I've never said otherwise anywhere. Who would I consider to be an expert? The person that brings in the body.

3.First of all, I don't deceive. The link was to WIKI and I'm sure you already know not all that's posted there is true. Some info there may be intentionally misleading for one reason or another. One can only speculate.

My opinion on the lack of identification of two different species by members here stands.

It was not my creation, it was theirs. The feeding frenzy further escalated the number of posts as many wanted to get their "piece" of me. Sometimes silence is golden. There is no redemption in my view, either you saw a chimp or you saw a gorilla. You are you're own judge. If you saw a chimp congratulations. If you saw a gorilla, well that makes one not so qualified to discuss primate anatomy. Can't we just get along? I really try to be good to everyone but don't tread on me.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 10:41 PM   #155
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Do the natives in Kentucky harm the Bigfoots there? I am fairly sure that I am missing your point.
It's from earlier in the discussion. I said the local natives protected the Cross River Gorillas because they were considered "hairy people" and of course that was promptly denied.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 10:41 PM   #156
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,318
1. Then why do you tout your photos as genuine Bigfoots on your website?

2. No, the person that brings in the body is a successful hunter. Period.

3. You don't deceive? You are so innocent in that point? Then why did you immediately go over to the BFF and tout so loudly about how the folks at JREF couldn't tell the difference? You fail to regard the fact that some of us read posts on BOTH forums. Shame on you.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 10:52 PM   #157
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,591
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
1. Then why do you tout your photos as genuine Bigfoots on your website?

2. No, the person that brings in the body is a successful hunter. Period.

3. You don't deceive? You are so innocent in that point? Then why did you immediately go over to the BFF and tout so loudly about how the folks at JREF couldn't tell the difference? You fail to regard the fact that some of us read posts on BOTH forums. Shame on you.
1. Because they are. But they're of such a low quality they cannot be presented as proof of existence.

2. That could happen as well. But it is my hope someone will study a group of the hairy ones over a period of several years, get to know their habits and areas, and be there when one expires either from natural causes or accidental death. I'm not pro-kill.

3. I don't deceive. I merely state the facts and if that burns your butt, well it's still the facts. I'm happy to converse at either forum so if you have a topic I'm there as time permits. I would hope you have better topics than my pics.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 11:00 PM   #158
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,002
FWIW I see that the biggest wilderness area in Kentucky is the Clifty. The trail that spans the breadth of it is six whole miles long.

Took my wife two hours to hike that far at eight months pregnant, thirty below zero, full expedition gear and shin-high snow. In shorts she'd do it in about an hour.

It would take me two medium-sized doobies.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 11:21 PM   #159
leisureclass
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
1. Yes I know what I have seen. What I have seen are the creatures described as Bigfoot. As far as my failure to capture crisp clear images of them, how many times do I need to agree my pics and video are not of any quality? I know they're not to be considered as evidence for proof of existence. This is beating a dead horse. You got me, my pics are trash, you win.

2.A self proclaimed expert is one who announces to the World "I'm a Bigfoot expert." Just because I'm the director of the BFRP KY, doesn't make me an expert and I've never said otherwise anywhere. Who would I consider to be an expert? The person that brings in the body.

3.First of all, I don't deceive. The link was to WIKI and I'm sure you already know not all that's posted there is true. Some info there may be intentionally misleading for one reason or another. One can only speculate.

My opinion on the lack of identification of two different species by members here stands.

It was not my creation, it was theirs. The feeding frenzy further escalated the number of posts as many wanted to get their "piece" of me. Sometimes silence is golden. There is no redemption in my view, either you saw a chimp or you saw a gorilla. You are you're own judge. If you saw a chimp congratulations. If you saw a gorilla, well that makes one not so qualified to discuss primate anatomy. Can't we just get along? I really try to be good to everyone but don't tread on me.
1. Your answer is non-responsive.
2. Your answer is evasive. How is claiming to be an experienced researcher and director of a BF research project any different than claiming to be an expert?
3. Your dishonesty continues. Your comments imply, and are intended to imply, that the photo was actually posted on these forums, and were not simply a hyperlink that most people probably didn't follow.

By the way, I notice that you still have not provided any information about your extensive experience at the Alamogordo Primate Research Center. I'm sure that everyone here would appreciate insight into BF physiology and behavior from an experienced primatologist such as yourself, especially if we had the chance to read some of your previous work to better understand your current research.
leisureclass is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2013, 11:39 PM   #160
River
Illuminator
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,320
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
1. Yes I know what I have seen. What I have seen are the creatures described as Bigfoot. As far as my failure to capture crisp clear images of them, how many times do I need to agree my pics and video are not of any quality? I know they're not to be considered as evidence for proof of existence. This is beating a dead horse. You got me, my pics are trash, you win.

2.A self proclaimed expert is one who announces to the World "I'm a Bigfoot expert." Just because I'm the director of the BFRP KY, doesn't make me an expert and I've never said otherwise anywhere. Who would I consider to be an expert? The person that brings in the body.

3.First of all, I don't deceive. The link was to WIKI and I'm sure you already know not all that's posted there is true. Some info there may be intentionally misleading for one reason or another. One can only speculate.

My opinion on the lack of identification of two different species by members here stands.

It was not my creation, it was theirs. The feeding frenzy further escalated the number of posts as many wanted to get their "piece" of me. Sometimes silence is golden. There is no redemption in my view, either you saw a chimp or you saw a gorilla. You are you're own judge. If you saw a chimp congratulations. If you saw a gorilla, well that makes one not so qualified to discuss primate anatomy. Can't we just get along? I really try to be good to everyone but don't tread on me.

I took a picture of the bigfoot I saw too. Check it out man. I HA bichitated em.




You come here touting "im a knower" "i saw bigfoot", there are photographs of "nothing" and then wonder why people aren't convinced and bowing to you like at the BFF? Perhaps you should consider how outlandish your claims are.

You've claimed to have spotted, and photographed a creature that does not exist according to science. A creature that is allegedly very close to an ape, or manlike creature that is between 7-10 feet tall. In Kentucky. lol.

Science can't find it, or the military, but you did. You even managed a photograph of it. Amazing.

In the year 2013, with our current technologies there is a very smart, naked beast running around that is between 7-10 feet tall and between 300-800 lbs, in enough of a population to breed, and be spotted often by humans. Some even claim to have them habituated. Yet, no one has managed to collect any evidence of them, or manage to collect a body for classification of the species. Interesting.

Every other animal that man is able to see often, in a very large range has been shot. Including other men. Bigfoots are so smart, and elusive, they run around naked, and get spotted by humans. They don't fend off intruders, or eat them. No, they exchange gifts with them. What exactly do the bigfoots do all day? Where do they sleep? Don't you think an animal that size would have to feed pretty often? Poop often?

Apparently they are all knowing, and all sensing. They won't come near you with a gun, or with a camera. They avoid trail cameras. (not curious of them like other primates) But why? Do they "know" what a camera does? How? Brain talk? Do bigfoots have computers to view the images taken by people? Do they understand this box takes pictures, but the other electronics are fine to be around?

Sureee. lol.


Anyways, your stories are ridiculous, as are your photos of "bigfoot". There is no pile on going on, you're just getting the attention because of your wild claims and nothing to back them.

Why should we feel any different than if someone came here spouting they had seen a Tyrannosaurus Rex and had a photo of a dark blob?

Wait, Tyrannosaurus Rex actually existed before! We can prove it. Might be a little more credible IMHO than claiming you have seen and photographed a bigfoot.
__________________
"I've seen more Bigfoot creatures than Mountain Lions and Wolves combined here in KY." ― ChrisBFRPKY

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY

Last edited by River; 17th August 2013 at 11:49 PM.
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.