IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Alexei Navalny , Russia incidents , Russia issues , Russia politics , vladimir putin

Old 2nd February 2021, 03:49 PM   #121
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
The only things you post here, beyond pro-Russian conspiracy theory narratives, is apologetics of Putin and Russia especially after they have committed another new atrocity.

Hei, I'm sticking up for Sweden in that nasty thread by that Danish fellow you fled many months ago.
Old 2nd February 2021, 03:54 PM   #122
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Question

For the lulz on the other page, who of the Kremlinologists can identify this guy that I claim will likely be the successor to Putin:

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Old 2nd February 2021, 06:06 PM   #123
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
I'm not sure if I count as a Kremlinologist, but here's another pic of him.

Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2021, 06:50 PM   #124
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Good job, Orphia.

It's Dmitry Rogozin, currently the head of Roskosmos.
Old 2nd February 2021, 07:50 PM   #125
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

There is no "West" other than in your head.
Yeah, right.

Another person trying out for a Tui billboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world
Old 16th March 2021, 10:49 AM   #126
lambent
Thinker

Smile

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
The only things you post here, beyond pro-Russian conspiracy theory narratives, is apologetics of Putin and Russia especially after they have committed another new atrocity.
And how do you explain the fact that at 59:34

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

promising to show us the main entrance to Putin's palace, we are shown a gate with a double-headed eagle of the coat of arms of Montenegro?
lambent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2021, 10:47 AM   #127
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

I'm pretty sure that if Vlad hadn't ended up being a dictator, he'd have found a superb career in stand-up comedy.

This is gold: https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe...-killer-remark
Old 18th March 2021, 02:43 PM   #128
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lambent View Post
And how do you explain the fact that at 59:34

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

promising to show us the main entrance to Putin's palace, we are shown a gate with a double-headed eagle of the coat of arms of Montenegro?
More like a badly executed version of the old Russian Double Headed Eagle under the Czars...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2021, 02:44 PM   #129
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

WHen Putin goes,I think we will have yet another "Time Of Troubles" for Russia.missing only the False Dimitri.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2021, 02:51 PM   #130
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Just Vlad ensuring Ukraine doesn't invade Russia - nothing to see here: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...raine-tensions
Old 5th April 2021, 10:39 AM   #131
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Just Vlad ensuring Ukraine doesn't invade Russia - nothing to see here: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...raine-tensions
As opposed to Russia invading Ukraine, which would never happen.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2021, 11:19 AM   #132
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Classic Risk move - Putin is as opaque as the average car's windscreen.
Old 5th April 2021, 08:04 PM   #133
Orphia Nay
Tagger

In a surprise move, the Duma has proposed a mechanism to re-set Vlad's presidency to zero, allowing him another 16 years at the top, if he wants it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-russia-2024

Putin has reluctantly decided he will have a go, if the people want him to stay, so the obvious answer is to hold a referendum on the issue.

In what will clearly be an honest and free vote, I can't wait to see the results.

All Hail Emperor Vladimir I!

What a selfless chap this bloke is. We could all take a leaf out of his book and be more giving of ourselves.

I'm going to bet $5 he stays on as President.

Any takers?

He did it. Anyone take you up on your bet?

Navalny fears prison tuberculosis outbreak as Putin signs off on presidential power play
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...ency/100049988
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2021, 10:16 PM   #134
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Wait, TA, I think I misunderstood.

You bet he'd have another run in an election?

That hasn't happened yet; my bad.
Old 6th April 2021, 03:07 AM   #135
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Wait, TA, I think I misunderstood.
No, you were on it, but nobody was ever going to bet against it.

I'm pretty sure Vlad has his eyes on Stalin's record period as leader of 26 years and he's already at 17, so should clean that up in 2030, with still another six years to go.

He'll only be 84 when his time's up and if he wants to carry on I doubt anyone will try to stop him. It'll be interesting to see if he trusts anyone enough to groom them for the job, because if he doesn't, succession could be pretty messy.
Old 6th April 2021, 08:17 AM   #136
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Will he or won't he ...

"inundate U.S. coastal cities with radioactive tsunamis."

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news...y-summer-2022/

https://interestingengineering.com/r...ctive-tsunamis

you know, the guy Republicans love so much is building nuclear first-strike weapons.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2021, 11:18 AM   #137
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
you know, the guy Republicans love so much is building nuclear first-strike weapons.
I don't think it's that they love him, just that he's infinitely preferable to the pinko commie pedophile filth known as Democrats.
Old 6th April 2021, 11:25 AM   #138
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Someone's a rebel!

I hope they have their funeral planned out already.
In Russia, funeral plans you!
Old 6th April 2021, 12:30 PM   #139
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I don't think it's that they love him, just that he's infinitely preferable to the pinko commie pedophile filth known as Democrats.
I think they do.
They yearn for a strongman like him.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2021, 02:09 PM   #140
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I think they do.
They yearn for a strongman like him.
So did the Germans in 1932.That ended well.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th April 2021, 02:42 PM   #141
Venom
Illuminator

Just imagine for a moment the QAnon wing of the U.S. hearing claims like this.

Alexander Litvinenko accused Vladimir Putin of being a paedophile four months before he was poisoned
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2021, 01:14 AM   #142
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

It'll be interesting to see if he trusts anyone enough to groom them for the job, because if he doesn't, succession could be pretty messy.

Look upthread. Dmitry Rogozin. He'll sink your bloody island if you keep up the crap posting.
Old 7th April 2021, 03:11 AM   #143
TheSupermeerkat
Muse

Look upthread. Dmitry Rogozin. He'll sink your bloody island if you keep up the crap posting.
You're accusing others of crap posting? Ha!
TheSupermeerkat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2021, 03:43 AM   #144
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

He'll sink your bloody island if you keep up the crap posting.
I love the passion you have for those filth.
Old 7th April 2021, 02:27 PM   #145
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Btw, we will get a lot of awful news from Ukraine in the short future, because Yankistan has a new president who is the corrupt, senile and pervert head of that Ukraine scheme in the first place."Texas" in Donbass, a Yankistani of my flavour, explains it here:

I AGREE
Old 7th April 2021, 04:17 PM   #146
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Btw, we will get a lot of awful news from Ukraine in the short future, because...
...Putin is attacking them, having already stolen large parts of their country.

I do give you 10/10 for humour, though. Vlad is a god in your eyes.

Don't you like in Germany? I imagine you're probably more free with your Vladimir-love here than in your country.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics