IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , vaccination

View Poll Results: Have you been vaccinated?
Yes, I am fully vaccinated. 172 86.43%
I have received 1 vaccination shot 17 8.54%
No, I intend to but haven't got around to it. 3 1.51%
No, There are personal medical reasons that I should not receive the vaccine 1 0.50%
No, COVID is a hoax. The vaccine is part of some Communist plot. 4 2.01%
No, God will protect me. You cannot trust science. 2 1.01%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25th July 2021, 04:34 PM   #241
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by OneShotKi11 View Post
Nope, im not vaccinated. Probably will wait a good while longer as more studies and research is done before I make that plunge.
Please, OneShotKi11, take all the time you need.
Old 25th July 2021, 05:16 PM   #242
Purple Pangolin
Scholar

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Curious, do you personally have RNA in your body?
Don't be silly, of course she doesn't have any EVIL EVIL EVIL RNA in her body.

She's a pile of grey goo who communicates with a typewriter that she operates with her pseudopods.

(Sorry, I'm a bit fed up.)
Purple Pangolin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 05:23 PM   #243
kevbo
Thinker

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Please, OneShotKi11, take all the time you need.
Take a couple of decades, maybe. I remember in the 1970's when diet coke and diet pepsi were going to kill us all. Maybe it was the greatest experiment in the history of the world, since decades later, we are not dropping dead from diet drinks after billions having been consumed. Now I realize the vaccine hasn't been around for decades, but millions have taken it worldwide and are not dropping dead. Maybe just a matter of scale? Ya' think?

I jest. Coke and Pepsi are their own pandemic. But jeez, OneShotKi11, get a clue. Same goes for Caroline13.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 06:04 PM   #244
kevbo
Thinker

Back to the start of the OP. Just realized, that although I voted fully vaccinated, I didn't comment on it.

There are 5 adults in our household. We were chomping at the bit to get vaccinated as soon as it was possible in Oregon. The household attitude was that it was the smart thing to do, and was our small contribution to helping end the pandemic. My children are young adults and they didn't hesitate to get the jab. I was very proud of them, and thanked them for helping to protect their mother and me.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 06:48 PM   #245
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
Back to the start of the OP. Just realized, that although I voted fully vaccinated, I didn't comment on it.

There are 5 adults in our household. We were chomping at the bit to get vaccinated as soon as it was possible in Oregon. The household attitude was that it was the smart thing to do, and was our small contribution to helping end the pandemic. My children are young adults and they didn't hesitate to get the jab. I was very proud of them, and thanked them for helping to protect their mother and me.
Yep. My 27 yr. old got the jab as soon as she could. This mama didn't raise no idiot. Of course, she does qualify for Mensa. She got that from her mama, too.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 07:19 PM   #246
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Yep. My 27 yr. old got the jab as soon as she could. This mama didn't raise no idiot. Of course, she does qualify for Mensa. She got that from her mama, too.
I waited longer than I should have. I thought I would need an appointment. You really don't. Anyone who is hesitating should just git er done. Giving someone an injection takes maybe a minute. They will squeeze you in.
Old 25th July 2021, 09:33 PM   #247
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
All you people who did your jabs what the H are you worried about, you are all immune Right? And you can't infect anyone Right? And you can't be infected, Right.
No credible authority makes this claim.

Some outlets may (somewhat carelessly) use such phrasing without qualification, but even the vaccine makers describe it in terms of reduced likelihood of infections as a percentage and make no claims of absolute, bulletproof protection.

If you were unaware of this, then clearly you haven't paid attention to any replies being made to you.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 10:05 PM   #248
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lrrr View Post
Same ****, different day. One needle out of ten.

Why do you keep posting this same crap every few days? There isn't a person in this forum that doesn't know your (ignorance based) opinion on vaccines. I could understand if you were to provide evidence that vaccines are worse than contracting COVID but all we get are links to ******** CT sites and "feels" from you.
At time of writing.....

Number of Covid19 cases worldwide - 194 million
Number of Covid19 deaths worldwide 4.2 million (2.1%)
Number of people fully vaccinated against Covid19 worldwide 1.1 BILLION
Number of people who have died as a direct result of being vaccinated..... ZERO

If the number on the last line rises from ZERO to over 25 million (over 2.1%), which would make dying from the vaccine more likely than dying from the disease) then I might begin to worry.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th July 2021 at 10:06 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 10:24 PM   #249
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
At time of writing.....

If the number on the last line rises from ZERO to over 25 million (over 2.1%), which would make dying from the vaccine more likely than dying from the disease) then I might begin to worry.
I made this point in a different thread, and it was ignored there too.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 05:50 AM   #250
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

At time of writing.....

Approximately zero, anyway:
Quote:
There are three deaths that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine.
A few other rare side effects are potentially serious, but apparently have not caused any deaths.

At the current rate, it will be another million years or so before that number gets to 25 million. When it does, please remember to post an update in this thread.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 07:27 AM   #251
TofuFighter
Master Poster

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vac, second dose on 2 September.
Didn't get any cold/flu symptoms from the jab at all.

I'll keep wearing a mask and washing hands regularly, probably for another year or however long it takes for the majority of people around me to be vaccinated. I have no problem with that. My boss is older and anti-vax, so at least it might help him avoid infection.
Old 26th July 2021, 10:40 AM   #252
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
I got my first dose of the Pfizer vac, second dose on 2 September.
Didn't get any cold/flu symptoms from the jab at all.

I'll keep wearing a mask and washing hands regularly, probably for another year or however long it takes for the majority of people around me to be vaccinated. I have no problem with that. My boss is older and anti-vax, so at least it might help him avoid infection.
I hope he appreciates your willingness to be magnetized and injected with a tracking device in order to protect him.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 10:43 AM   #253
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
My boss is older and anti-vax, so at least it might help him avoid infection.
To the anti-vaxxers, I say, "Good luck".

Last edited by Warp12; 26th July 2021 at 10:45 AM.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 10:46 AM   #254
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Again "LOL anti-vaxxers good luck just die I don't care" would be fine except they are going to stay alive just long enough to make new strains and variants.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 10:48 AM   #255
COLONEL
Sniper of the Galactic Universe

What good are all these vaccinations? Until they stop the illegals from crossing our southern border we will always be at risk of it spreading

Major Ashley-Pitt: In our experience, Americans are uncouth misfits who should be run out of their own barbaric country. Matthew Quigley: Well, Lieutenant...
Major Ashley-Pitt: Major. Matthew Quigley: Major. We already run the misfits outta our country. We sent 'em back to England.
COLONEL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 10:49 AM   #256
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Again "LOL anti-vaxxers good luck just die I don't care" would be fine except they are going to stay alive just long enough to make new strains and variants.
So, you are planning to wear a mask for as long as possible, because, anti-vaxxers? Or, are you proposing the vaccine be required by law? I'm just not sure what you are getting at.
Old 26th July 2021, 11:03 AM   #257
Cain
Straussian

Sarah Huckabee Sanders trying to change the narrative:
"Read my column in today’s @ArkansasOnline on why I decided to get the Trump vaccine."

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...ng-vaccinated/
Diablo: You're a lousy bigot. Apologise and withdraw that remark.
Cain: Nah.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 11:08 AM   #258
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
So, you are planning to wear a mask for as long as possible, because, anti-vaxxers? Or, are you proposing the vaccine be required by law? I'm just not sure what you are getting at.
Oh I briefly didn't notice who I was talking to, sorry I engaged.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 11:19 AM   #259
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Phil Valentine, conservative radio host, now regrets he downplayed the vaccine as he lies in the hospital with Covid in critical condition.
Quote:
Phil Valentine, 62, an outspoken vaccine skeptic and radio host at WTN-FM in Nashville, remained in critical condition Sunday after almost two weeks in the hospital battling COVID-19.

'He’s regretful':Radio host who doubted vaccines hospitalized with COVID, family says

He's has had remdesivir injections, and he has been "proned" (flipped on his stomach so the fluid can't settle in one spot in his lungs).
Quote:
"He is positive, and he is scared," Mark Valentine said. "He knows he is very, very sick."

On June 24, about three weeks before he was hospitalized, he wrote this on Facebook: "Common sense told us that if you weren't at risk for COVID you shouldn't get the vaccine."
https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...19/8086143002/
Old 26th July 2021, 11:35 AM   #260
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

Phil Valentine, conservative radio host, now regrets he downplayed the vaccine as he lies in the hospital with Covid in critical condition.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...19/8086143002/
I just saw an interview with his brother. The brother said Phil was in very good health, worked out daily, took B and C vitamins, and thought he had an excellent immune system. Shades of Caroline13.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 12:19 PM   #261
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
I just saw an interview with his brother. The brother said Phil was in very good health, worked out daily, took B and C vitamins, and thought he had an excellent immune system. Shades of Caroline13.
Significantly, no mention of grape seed extract. Can't have a healthy immune system without grape seed extract.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:44 PM   #262
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Significantly, no mention of grape seed extract. Can't have a healthy immune system without grape seed extract.
I think Caroline meant appleseed or apricot seed extract.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:51 PM   #263
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I think Caroline meant appleseed or apricot seed extract.
At least vanilla extract smells good.
Old 26th July 2021, 01:08 PM   #264
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

At least vanilla extract smells good.
Appleseed and apricot seeds contain amygdalin. A source for cyanide.
Old 26th July 2021, 01:23 PM   #265
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by COLONEL View Post
What good are all these vaccinations? Until they stop the illegals from crossing our southern border we will always be at risk of it spreading
I see you are well versed in the problem .... not.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 02:12 PM   #266
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Sarah Huckabee Sanders trying to change the narrative:
"Read my column in today’s @ArkansasOnline on why I decided to get the Trump vaccine."

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...ng-vaccinated/
I believe I read about half of the article. Plenty long to ascertain, once again, that Sander's full of lies, arrogance, and sheer stupidity. When she was no longer employed by Trumt, given time, she may not be such an idiot.

Oh. What was I thinking . . .
Old 26th July 2021, 03:39 PM   #267
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I believe I read about half of the article. Plenty long to ascertain, once again, that Sander's full of lies, arrogance, and sheer stupidity. When she was no longer employed by Trumt, given time, she may not be such an idiot.

Oh. What was I thinking . . .
From your link:
Quote:
Sanders:
What I found was simple: Dr. Fauci and the "because science says so" crowd of arrogant, condescending politicians and bureaucrats were wrong about more than their mandates and shutdowns that have inflicted incalculable harm on our people and economy. They also misjudged the Trump vaccine plan, which rolled out just as safely, quickly, and effectively as the Trump administration promised.
This is such a blatant lie. It was a mess!

Quote:
The race to vaccinate millions of Americans is off to a slower, messier start than public health officials and leaders of the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed had expected.
Quote:
Dr. Ashish Jha, a health policy researcher and dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, said the main problem is that states are not getting adequate financial or technical support from the federal government. Jha said the Trump administration, principally the Department of Health and Human Services, has set states up to fail.
“There’s a lot states still need to do,” he said, “but you need a much more active role from the federal government than what they have been willing to do. They’ve largely said to states, ‘This is your responsibility. Figure it out.’”
Quote:
Sanders: When the Trump administration initiated Operation Warp Speed in May 2020, the president stated that a vaccine would become available by December of that year at the very latest.
She neglects to say that Trump first claimed the vaccine would be available in October:
Quote:
Trump said he expects the government to be able to distribute a vaccine "sometime in October," though "it may be a little later than that."
But I'm telling you, here's the bottom line: Distribution is going to be very rapid. He may not know that. Maybe he's not aware of that. And maybe he's not dealing with the military, etc., like I do. Distribution is going to be very rapid, and the vaccine's going to be very powerful."
In reality, the vaccine began distribution in late December, but it certainly was not "rapid" nor was it widely available. It was restricted to the elderly and essential workers like health caregivers in retirement homes and medical staff. It wasn't until late spring that it became more available without waiting weeks for an appointment and to non-senior citizens.

Quote:
Sanders: The New York Times ran an opinion piece claiming that whatever the Trump administration released would likely be a dangerous political stunt. CNN did the same.
The NYT actually wrote in June 2020 in an opinion piece that " In a desperate search for a boost, he could release a coronavirus vaccine that has not been shown to be safe and effective as an October surprise."
CNN wrote in Aug. 2020 "President Donald Trump is desperately hoping to turn a Covid-19 vaccine, for which the entire world is longing, into his October Surprise.

He predicts a vaccine breakthrough multiple times a day, assures Americans he has the military on standby to rush it out and promises 100 million, 250 million, even 500 million individual doses will be very quickly available. He hails a "tremendous" vaccine that is "very close" and will be ready "very, very early, before the end of the year, far ahead of schedule."

Experts are very hopeful about the potential for an effective vaccine, but by implying one is almost imminent and will quickly end the pandemic, Trump is raising expectations that are unlikely to be swiftly met and would come too late to save his presidential campaign in any case.

But from a short-term political perspective, talking about a vaccine allows Trump, who's down in the polls, a chance to promise voters an end to the nightmare that has upended everyday life for much of the country. A big White House South Lawn announcement that a vaccine is finally within reach a few days before a close election must dance in the President's dreams at night."

Huckabee misrepresents what the NYT and CNN actually said. Quelle surprise.

Quote:
Sanders: But no one did more to undercut public confidence in the vaccine than Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Biden doubted that the vaccine would be "real," while Harris said in a nationally-televised debate that she would not take any vaccine the Trump administration had a hand in creating.
Nope. Biden never said he doubted the vaccine itself would be 'real'; what he actually said:

"How are you going to distribute the vaccine when it arrives, when it arrives, when it’s there? And the question of whether it’s real, when it’s there, that requires enormous transparency. You’ve got to make all of it available to other experts across the nation, so they can look and see, so there’s consensus this is a safe vaccine. Because already you have, what percent is American people saying if the vaccine were there tomorrow, they wouldn’t take it? And it’s not the usual anti-vaccine crowd. It’s beyond that because people are losing faith in what the president says. Think about it."

Kamala Harris also never said "she would not take any vaccine the Trump administration had a hand in creating." What she actually said:

"Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us. I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump. And it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about. I will not take his word for it. He wants us to inject bleach. I — no, I will not take his word."

And:

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

Again, Huckabee lies about what was actually said. I didn't bother to read any more of her article. But one has to wonder if those reading her article will take it at face value. No... I don't have to wonder; most of those who bother reading her crap will swallow it whole.
Old 26th July 2021, 05:19 PM   #268
Cain
Straussian

And yet the Trump Vaccine is totally safe and effective. Thank you, President Trump.

It's like how "fake news" used to be wholly fabricated anti-Clinton articles on Facebook, but morphed into CNN from 3D chessplayer Donald Trump. Repeat a lie enough, and stupid people will believe it. I mean, look at Joe Biden trying to steal credit for the Trump Vaccine.

Actually, I don't think the Trump Vaccine will ever become a dominant narrative, but it can give wiggle-room to the less hard-core followers.
Diablo: You're a lousy bigot. Apologise and withdraw that remark.
Cain: Nah.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 07:33 PM   #269
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Don't wait too long.*

*See my signature.
For some reason a George Harrison song echoed through my mind with those words.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2021, 07:36 PM   #270
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And maybe have kids....so much for improving the breed.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2021, 03:52 PM   #271
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Well. if you work for the feds you hadbetter get vaccinated.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 27th July 2021, 06:59 PM   #272
Venom
Philosopher

I'm getting more and more frustrated with the contrarian "barstool" social commentators, pretending to sound smart after reading a few blogs by contrarian researchers or outright quacks. I guess the hot talking point now after dabbling in bad science for a few months is "freedom of choice". This is the hill they've chosen to die on, partly to avoid going too deep into the science which they probably know they won't be able to argue against anymore.

Usually I don't wish harm on anyone. But I do think for some people, harm is the only way to get them to see things from a different perspective or stop the harm they could cause.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2021, 09:31 PM   #273
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'm getting more and more frustrated with the contrarian "barstool" social commentators, pretending to sound smart after reading a few blogs by contrarian researchers or outright quacks. I guess the hot talking point now after dabbling in bad science for a few months is "freedom of choice". This is the hill they've chosen to die on, partly to avoid going too deep into the science which they probably know they won't be able to argue against anymore.

Usually I don't wish harm on anyone. But I do think for some people, harm is the only way to get them to see things from a different perspective or stop the harm they could cause.
And even then, some are just too damn stupid to see how wrong they are.
Old 28th July 2021, 04:36 AM   #274
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I would support it being required by law.

I am fully vaxxed up, even though I happen to be an at risk category. As soon as I could I leapt at the vax as fast as humanly possible.

Sure I will continue to wear a mask because there are a crapton of idiotic anti-vaxxers out there determined to propagate the virus at the cost of peoples lives. Because jesus or conspiracy or depopulation or whatever mad bollocks they make up.

Just how stupid would one need to be to be unable to understand that the vaccine is simply instructions for what to do when the virus enters the body?

When the virus enters the body, one well may experience little or no symptoms as opposed to unvaccinated death. So I will continue to wear a mask even though vaxxed. Because I do not want to catch it from some unvaccinated witless moron and unknowingly pass it on to some other unvaccinated witless moron. Or a vulnerable person. Or someone who is unable to get it for medical reasons. Or whatever.

Antivaxxers simply do not care about others.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2021, 01:56 PM   #275
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

This. If it was confined to the Anti Vaxxers, I would just say "Well, it's evolution in action:Mother Nature culling the herd".

Robert Heinlein.
Old 28th July 2021, 01:57 PM   #276
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Biden will drop the Mandatory Vaccination for the Feds bomb tommorow.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 29th July 2021, 05:55 AM   #277
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
This. If it was confined to the Anti Vaxxers, I would just say "Well, it's evolution in action:Mother Nature culling the herd".
I had a brief verbal exchange yesterday with an anti-vax protestor outside our local vaccination clinic when I was on my way down the street to the bank. She was holding up a sign that said "I will not take part in an experiment" . I laughed at her sign and said to her "Too late honey, you already are... you're in the control group". She told me to "**** off!"

It was very satisfying to get under her skin like that, and even more so, when I was walking back from the bank on the other side of the road about 15 minutes later and I saw that she wasn't holding up a sign any longer.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2021, 06:07 AM   #278
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by COLONEL View Post
You mean, until they vaccinate the people who cross at the border, right?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2021, 06:08 AM   #279
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
I would support it being required by law.
Same here. Like seatbelts and plenty of other things, it's a matter of public health and national security.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2021, 06:38 AM   #280
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I had a brief verbal exchange yesterday with an anti-vax protestor outside our local vaccination clinic when I was on my way down the street to the bank. She was holding up a sign that said "I will not take part in an experiment" . I laughed at her sign and said to her "Too late honey, you already are... you're in the control group". She told me to "**** off!"

Two billion people have received at least 1 shot. At what point is it no longer an experiment?

Last edited by acbytesla; 29th July 2021 at 06:54 AM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics