IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2022 elections

Old 28th September 2021, 09:03 AM   #41
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

There are some things that are going to help Democrats:
The Supreme Court will probably smack down the Texas Bounty hunter bill, which will demoralize those who thought that having six Judges would get them their Theocracy.
And if the court actually does do away with Roe, that would be an excellent rallying cry for Democrats.
Old 28th September 2021, 12:46 PM   #42
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think if the US defaults and sends the country into a recession it's all over for the Dems in 2022.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 12:46 PM   #43
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think if the US defaults and sends the country into a recession it's all over for the Dems in 2022.
And then the Civil War. We know.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 01:02 PM   #44
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
And then the Civil War. We know.
GIve me some reason to be opitmistic about the next few years in the US.I see little cause of optimism. The GOP is Evil but Competent about what they need to do to seize power, but Dems seem to be self destructing by infighiting.
I just don't see how, to be specific, the blame game over a default, if it happens, can be shifted from the Democrats to the GOP because the Dems are perceived to be in power. The blame game is all about who is perceived to be to blame, not who is actually to blame.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 03:22 PM   #45
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I'm not worried. All those banking special interests will step in first. The major investment banks won't care whose fault it is. They'll apply pressure until it's fixed.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 03:29 PM   #46
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Of course, if Democrats want to win in 2024, they need to poor in organization, resources and 527 money into state races in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nevada for 2022. They need to pick off vulnerable State House members and go hard negative early on Trump backed Secretary of State candidates. If the Lincoln Project wanted to do something besides taunt, they could try to run Raffensperger or his deputy, the pudgy guy with a temper as a third party candidate if a piece of Trumptrash wins the GOP primary.

The enemy (Trump supporters) found the resistance points. 2022 is when they'll try to remove them.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2021, 08:15 AM   #47
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Winning 2024 will be easier than 2022, because traditionally, Republicans are more motivated to vote in midterms than Democrats.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics