IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:37 AM   #81
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
.....and yet they did ingest bleach. Just like people died from taking his much touted hydroxychloroquine "the miracle drug".
Look, if someone runs to the pet store and buys some fish tank cleaner to use as a proactive measure...well...

At any rate. Psaki was lying, clear as day. Trump never suggested that anyone inject themselves with bleach.

I'm done with this particular Psaki lie. Time to move on to the next, I imagine.
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:52 AM   #82
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Look, if someone runs to the pet store and buys some fish tank cleaner to use as a proactive measure...well...it's not Trump's fault just because he keeps touting what a wonderful anti- Covid drug it is. Beside, he was just being sarcastic. Or joking.

At any rate. Psaki was lying, clear as day. Trump never suggested that anyone inject themselves with bleach.

I'm done with this particular Psaki lie. Time to move on to the next, I imagine.
Fixed that for you.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2021, 04:53 AM   #83
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Bad argument. Literally nothing supports your position....or hers.

What she said is a lie. Plain and simple.
I agree. What he said was stupid abs was likely to result in dumbass followers injecting bleach but it wasn't a suggestion to do so. Asking whether injecting disinfectant can be done is different than suggesting folks do it.

Agar he said was mockable enough. No need to exaggerate the ignorance and change his words.

Though Psaki's own words are loose enough to be consistent with what Trump did more or less say that I wouldn't call it a bald lie.

Last edited by phiwum; 2nd October 2021 at 04:57 AM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2021, 05:14 AM   #84
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

I, for one, am very adept at finding lies.

Hereís one now:
Talk about dancing around Psaki's lie. Wow.
Old 2nd October 2021, 10:03 AM   #85
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Trump is a compulsive, pathological liar. He can't help himself - lying is the "go-to" for narcissists when they get cornered. Trump could literally be caught with his hand, in the actual cookie jar, with the cookie in his actual hand, in the act of pulling that hand out, and he would still deny he was taking it.
Well, obviously he was just inspecting the cookie for defects to insure that his base would only get the Best Quality Cookies and would never be defrauded by the vast Fake Cookie Conspiracy!
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 08:20 AM   #86
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/st...31716750987271

Quote:
We have a little chart here to help give you a visual. Almost $8 trillion in debt under Trump. $676 billion under Biden. What McConnell is refusing to do is pay the debts he rung up during the Trump administration.
https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/st...93453483302918

Quote:
Why let McConnell off the hook? This is a period of time when we could easily solve this in the next 2 days by allowing Democrats to be the adults in the room despite the fact that Republicans spent like drunken sailors over the past 4 years

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 11:19 AM   #87
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
She's not wrong.
Old 13th October 2021, 06:45 PM   #88
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The Biden Admin. announced that the Port of Los Angeles, which receives most of the cargo ships from Asia and which is experiencing severe back up, will operate 24/7 now. Carriers like FedEx, Amazon, UPS, Target and Walmart will be expanding their working hours to help distribute the backed up cargo. At today's press conference, some idiot reporter asked Psaki "Can this administration guarantee that holiday packages will arrive on time?". I swear Psaki was trying to hold back a laugh when she answered, "We are not the Postal Service or UPS or FedEx. We cannot guarantee. What we can do is use every lever at the federal government's disposal to reduce delays."

Sometimes I think reporters just ask any questions, however dumb, just to get air time.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics