IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Ashli Babbitt , donald trump

Old 13th October 2021, 09:55 AM   #41
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningBunch of off-topic posts and reactions moved to AAH. The topic of this thread is hinted in the title and the video i.e. Trump.
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:Darat
Old 13th October 2021, 11:14 AM   #42
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
She was honorably discharged, but she was only an E4 after something like 16 years in the service, which shows something lacking.
Absolutely. A shining example she must not have been.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 02:24 PM   #43
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Another pointless, rambling incoherent rant full of lies, from the the world's most narcissitic Serial Liar.

Nothing much has changed!
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 02:28 PM   #44
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
This sounds more than a little hyperbolic, lol. Fear mongering isn't helping matters, on either side.
Of course...that where you will find all the "very fine people"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 02:31 PM   #45
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Of course...that where you will find all the "very fine people"
There are "very fine people" who lean either conservative or liberal. It is the extremists on both sides that are the problem.
Old 13th October 2021, 02:54 PM   #46
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

She was honorably discharged, but she was only an E4 after something like 16 years in the service, which shows something lacking.
Wait... 16 years and still E4? Not even an NCO yet? Really?

[OFF TOPIC (explainer for my incredulity)]
In the USAF promotion to E4 is automatic based on time served and time in grade. Even though promotions in the Air Force go through WAPS (the "Weighted Airman Promotion System") and not a promotion board, an average airman would expect to reach E4 in about 2˝ to 3 years. E5 - Staff Sgt, requires basic trade and leadership skills, most of which are easy to master.

If you not have made E5 by five years, you have issues (most airman will have made E6 - Tech Sgt by five years - if you still haven't made E5 after 16 years, those issues are serious and you are well below average intelligence..... no wonder she was a Trump supporter!
Old 13th October 2021, 04:08 PM   #47
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

In the USAF promotion to E4 is automatic based on time served and time in grade. Even though promotions in the Air Force go through WAPS (the "Weighted Airman Promotion System") and not a promotion board, an average airman would expect to reach E4 in about 2˝ to 3 years. E5 - Staff Sgt, requires basic trade and leadership skills, most of which are easy to master.

If you not have made E5 by five years, you have issues (most airman will have made E6 - Tech Sgt by five years - if you still haven't made E5 after 16 years, those issues are serious and you are well below average intelligence..... no wonder she was a Trump supporter!
Yeah, we've actually discussed this before...to only be an E4 after that many years is indicative of probably having been busted down in rank a time or two. I know officers, if passed over for promotion twice, automatically get discharged. At least that's the way it was when my dad was in the AF.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 04:18 PM   #48
kevbo
Thinker

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Yeah, we've actually discussed this before...to only be an E4 after that many years is indicative of probably having been busted down in rank a time or two. I know officers, if passed over for promotion twice, automatically get discharged. At least that's the way it was when my dad was in the AF.
According to many sources she was only active duty for 4 years. The rest was reserves and guard. Still, how does one not advance? I made E5 in 3 and a half in the Navy while on active duty.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 04:51 PM   #49
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Surprisied she stayed around so long, since the US Military generally has a up or out policy...if you don't make a certain grade after a number of years, you get refused reenlistment.
Orignally this was only applied to officers, but now it applies across the board.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 04:53 PM   #50
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The rules are different in the National Guard. That don't really do high year tenure like the active component does. I gather she had a DUI (not surprising for her kind) and she made E-4 twice.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2021, 03:50 AM   #51
TofuFighter
Master Poster

This link gives the most detailed info I could find.

Quote:
According to service records released by the Air Force Personnel Center, Babbitt served more than 12 years in different parts of the Air Force. She was on active duty from April 2004 to April 2008, and was a reservist from October 2008 to July 2010, AFPC said. The Air National Guard said she was a guardsman from July 2010 to July 2016. (The Air Force initially said Babbitt’s Guard service ended in November 2016.)

AFPC said later on Thursday that Babbitt deployed overseas on multiple occasions, including to Afghanistan in 2005, Iraq in 2006, and the United Arab Emirates in 2012 and 2014. Babbitt’s awards include the Iraq Campaign Medal and the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal.

She last served on active duty at Dyess Air Force Base in Texas as a security forces controller, a job that usually entails manning gate security at Air Force installations.

The Air National Guard said that when Babbitt separated, she was with the 113th Security Forces Squadron of the DC Air National Guard, which is stationed at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland. Her rank at the time of separation from the Guard was not immediately available.
I don't know how that affects the analysis of her military progress.
Old 14th October 2021, 09:46 PM   #52
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And people think I have too negative a viewpoint about the future......
See what you've done, this rhetoric of yours over the past 20 months?
You've broken our shemp!!!

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 14th October 2021 at 09:52 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2021, 11:06 PM   #53
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
See what you've done, this rhetoric of yours over the past 20 months?
You've broken our shemp!!!
NOTHING will break Shemp!
Old 15th October 2021, 11:52 AM   #54
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

The first rule of break Shemp is don’t talk about break Shemp.

ETA: I’m aware of the irony of my statement.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 15th October 2021 at 11:54 AM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2021, 02:51 PM   #55
mgidm86
Philosopher

Can't break what's already broken
Old 17th October 2021, 08:36 AM   #56
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I'm shocked. Gobsmacked. At a loss for words. How can this be? I didn't see it coming. Reality as I've known it has been undermined, reduced to a quivering bowl of jello. Were there clues that I missed?

You're a Trump cultist?!?
Old 17th October 2021, 04:29 PM   #57
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
My selective dyslexia keeps rewriting this thread title as: DJT, Short Attention Span at Iowa Rally
Old 17th October 2021, 04:59 PM   #58
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
My selective dyslexia keeps rewriting this thread title as: DJT, Short Attention Span at Iowa Rally
Selective? I think you mean collective: we all functioning king read it that way!

I'm leaving the above as Otto Corrupt rewrote it. The ways of algorithm is not mine to question.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 09:27 PM   #59
8enotto
Master Poster

Umm yeah....
I made E3 easily within four years with absolutely no effort on my part. Really, I did nothing but go to work every day.

There was some disciplinary action near the end of her career that got her busted down to E4.
But, if the system hadn't changed much in the time of my service and hers it may never be revealed.

Do we get another brilliant explanation of chump being able to draw huge crowds at his rallies as proof he really won? Because unless we redefine "huge crowd" creatively again he is sinking fast already.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2021, 05:15 AM   #60
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
It doesn't. They want blood flowing through the streets. If they take over and end democracy, it will be worse than Nazi Germany. They'll have nuclear weapons and nobody to stop them. Nuclear war with China would be inevitable.
In view of his time in office, he's too fearful of political fallout to be a warmonger. However, also in view of his record, he creates a huge vacuum of power by both lacking authority and by undermining close allies and strategic alliances. Further, if he reaches office again, lesson learned: the security and defense apparatus will be decapitated and replaced with loyalists, with a view toward remaining in office indefinitely. It is this weakened, distracted and chaotic security apparatus that will be ripe for exploitation. This includes Turkish, Iranian, Israeli, Russian and Chinese adventurism. Whether things go nuclear will depend if that is seen as the moment to finally take Taiwan or the Ukraine, and what kind of strategic military guidance he gets from the wacko Flynns of the world.
Old 18th October 2021, 04:46 PM   #61
kevbo
Thinker

Originally Posted by Hlafordlaes View Post
In view of his time in office, he's too fearful of political fallout to be a warmonger. However, also in view of his record, he creates a huge vacuum of power by both lacking authority and by undermining close allies and strategic alliances. Further, if he reaches office again, lesson learned: the security and defense apparatus will be decapitated and replaced with loyalists, with a view toward remaining in office indefinitely. It is this weakened, distracted and chaotic security apparatus that will be ripe for exploitation. This includes Turkish, Iranian, Israeli, Russian and Chinese adventurism. Whether things go nuclear will depend if that is seen as the moment to finally take Taiwan or the Ukraine, and what kind of strategic military guidance he gets from the wacko Flynns of the world.
Except that he will not worry about political fallout in a second term. No more elections for him. He will work toward permanently staying in office. No political fallout to worry about.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2021, 06:53 PM   #62
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Every time I see DJT, I fill in the missing I's: the one before the D and the one before the T.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2021, 07:10 PM   #63
kevbo
Thinker

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Every time I see DJT, I fill in the missing I's: the one before the D and the one before the T.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics