ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th October 2019, 05:14 PM   #1
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

A commonly accepted double standard that I hate

Adult women RAPING young boys.

Let me explain...

Yes, let’s call it EXACTLY what it is, RAPE.

When a 41-year-old man has sex with a 14-year-old girl, we call it exactly what it is, RAPE. This is because that’s how it works now.

However, when a 41-year-old woman has sex with a 14-year-old boy, what do we call it? We say: She just had sex with a 14-year-old boy.

No, she RAPED a 14-year-old boy.

When a 41-year-old man has sex with a 14-year-old girl, we call him a monster. We say he forced himself onto her. We say she was coerced.

However when you reverse the role, what happens?

We say the young male wanted it.

We joke that the kid should have been grateful and kept his mouth shut.

We make jokes that this woman did him a favor.

Guys will say things like: “Where were the women like that in my school?”

But then you get a case like Coral Lytle (above) who was charged with 21 counts of sexual misconduct with minors yet only received just a single year in jail with five years probation.

When you read the article, look at the wording- it says she had sex with a minor. No she didn’t.

She RAPED a minor. It‘s called statutory rape.

Seems we want everything to be equal, until, it puts you in a disadvantage.

Call it what it is, RAPE.

All the best,

Aadil V.

Article : https://truecrimedaily.com/2019/06/1...s-faces-trial/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ShortHaxYT; 4th October 2019 at 06:00 PM.
ShortHaxYT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 05:44 PM   #2
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

She has not been convicted yet. So they cannot say she raped anyone. However she is going to face trial.

Quote:
If convicted of all charges, she faces a maximum of 17 years in prison, according to a spokesman for the Tulare County district attorney.
So she has been charged with serious offences, whatever you want to call it.
Old 6th October 2019, 12:37 AM   #3
Samson
Philosopher

Quote:
Let me explain...

The reasonable man theory will suggest strength imbalance and the practicalities of the particular joint venture you are concerned with illuminate the issue. There is little point in trying for a grand unification theory of inter gender crime in my opinion.

Last edited by Samson; 6th October 2019 at 12:43 AM.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 04:14 AM   #4
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
The reasonable man theory will suggest strength imbalance and the practicalities of the particular joint venture you are concerned with illuminate the issue. There is little point in trying for a grand unification theory of inter gender crime in my opinion.
However in this case you have the mature female manipulating an under age vulnerable male. Just because most males are bigger and stronger than females that does not mean all males are more powerful than all females. The under age are commonly vulnerable to adults. The gender is not important.
Old 6th October 2019, 04:32 AM   #5
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Technically, in crime parlance, 'rape' is the act of penetration by the male organ, and therefore - it is claimed - a woman cannot 'rape' as she doesn't have one.
Old 6th October 2019, 05:42 AM   #6
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Technically, in crime parlance, 'rape' is the act of penetration by the male organ, and therefore - it is claimed - a woman cannot 'rape' as she doesn't have one.
Bollocks and entirely irrelevant.

Rape is unlawful sexual activity, usually sexual intercourse, carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 05:45 AM   #7
bluesjnr

Originally Posted by ShortHaxYT View Post
Adult women RAPING young boys.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b163b8e2ba.jpg

Let me explain...

When a 41-year-old man has sex with a 14-year-old girl, we call it exactly what it is, RAPE. This is because that’s how it works now.

However, when a 41-year-old woman has sex with a 14-year-old boy, what do we call it? We say: She just had sex with a 14-year-old boy.

No, she RAPED a 14-year-old boy.

When a 41-year-old man has sex with a 14-year-old girl, we call him a monster. We say he forced himself onto her. We say she was coerced.

However when you reverse the role, what happens?

We say the young male wanted it.

We joke that the kid should have been grateful and kept his mouth shut.

We make jokes that this woman did him a favor.

Guys will say things like: “Where were the women like that in my school?”

But then you get a case like Coral Lytle (above) who was charged with 21 counts of sexual misconduct with minors yet only received just a single year in jail with five years probation.

When you read the article, look at the wording- it says she had sex with a minor. No she didn’t.

She RAPED a minor. It‘s called statutory rape.

Seems we want everything to be equal, until, it puts you in a disadvantage.

Call it what it is, RAPE.

All the best,

Aadil V.

Article : https://truecrimedaily.com/2019/06/1...s-faces-trial/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This kind of behaviour (if she is guilty) by predatory women is generally supported by many of the members here. A number of them have posted fantasies about it happening to them.

Lets see how this turns out.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 07:57 AM   #8
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Where did you get that from?
Rape is sex without consent from the other party
ShortHaxYT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 08:29 AM   #9
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

It depends on the jurisdiction. Here, you can only rape someone if you have a penis. Other types of sexual assault, including "assault by penetration" have different legal terms. The actual penalty for "assault by penetration" is the same as the penalty for rape, so it's regarded as being just as serious. It's just that words mean things, and rape means penetration by a penis without consent. Maybe not where you are, but certainly in lots of places, and that was the original meaning of the term.
Old 6th October 2019, 08:40 AM   #10
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

I see a lot of complaints online about people not taking rape of males by women seriously, and often a criticism of "feminism" is either present in the subtext or quick to follow. I don't deny that there seems to be a discrepancy in people's reactions. However, I cannot help but notice that it is typically MEN who fail to take these kinds of cases seriously. Reddit threads (for example) on cases like this are loaded with men saying, "Where were these women when I was a kid?" etc. I haven't personally seen women defending these perpetrators.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 09:34 AM   #11
bluesjnr

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
I see a lot of complaints online about people not taking rape of males by women seriously, and often a criticism of "feminism" is either present in the subtext or quick to follow. I don't deny that there seems to be a discrepancy in people's reactions. However, I cannot help but notice that it is typically MEN who fail to take these kinds of cases seriously. Reddit threads (for example) on cases like this are loaded with men saying, "Where were these women when I was a kid?" etc. I haven't personally seen women defending these perpetrators.
This, as I have said, is a common refrain on the ISF. You can't call them exactly what they are...... I did once and it didn't end well.

I could name them but they will probably turn up soon enough and anyway, you know who they are as you were in the last thread where they were spouting off their fantasies and high fiving each other.

Last edited by bluesjnr; 6th October 2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 7th October 2019, 08:59 AM   #12
wasapi
Philosopher

When I was 31, my friend had a 17 yr old foster son. One night, he took me aside, told me he was a virgin, was ready to have his first sexual encounter. And, he told me he had a crush on me for the past couple of years, and would I take him to bed. "Please"?.

If I did take him up on it, I could well be on the sex offender list. Forever, a predator of children. Now, when I read stories like this, I must wonder what these women thought would be the outcome.
Old 7th October 2019, 07:00 PM   #13
pharphis
Master Poster

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
I don't see the connection to feminism, here, personally.

If I were to try to make the connection (as I am one who often criticizes feminists)...

One of the most popular memes from feminists is that we "live in a rape culture". The examples of this they point to are some of the following...

- rates of rape/sexual assault (of women and girls)
- conviction rate of "rapists" (those accused or even anonymous people based on surveys of victims)
- rape jokes, themes
- "normalization" of rape

Some feminists claim things like "believe women" and "women don't lie about rape". They make questionable statistical claims regarding the rate of false rape accusations or rate of rape itself. (note: I've seen claims of the opposite extreme regarding false rape accusation rates)

What I almost never hear from feminists are the following which, if anything, I consider to be actual evidence of a "rape culture"...

- rape/sexual assault of boys and men minimized or ignored by individuals, media and the statistics themselves (thank you Koss, for example)
- prison rape of men and boys (juvenile detention)
- how female perpetrators in particular often get a slap on the wrist (if anything) for assaulting boys. (though this discrepancy doesn't just apply to assault by women)
- genital mutilation of male babies being legal and normalized (is this not sexual assault and/or rape???)

/rant
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors