IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 30th June 2019, 04:34 PM   #481
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Yes. Plus, if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it Mignini himself who would not allow Lalli to take body temperature earlier on the afternoon of the 2nd?
We're getting two different stories depending on whom you believe. Mignini from the article cited above:
Quote:
Case Meredith, Amanda wants to meet Mignini, the PM says no and admits: "I'd do it all again. And here's my regret ..."
„ "Only one thing with the benefit of hindsight, I would have done: I would have anticipated the examination of the body's temperature. The medical examiner I delegated asked me to delay that exam because there could be the risk of contaminating the scene of the crime. Now I would do it immediately. Do you know why? It is a fundamental examination that would have allowed us to establish precisely the time of death ". “
Potrebbe interessarti: http://www.perugiatoday.it/cronaca/a...rimpianti.html
Seguici su Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perugi...00142986753754

According to Follain:

Quote:
... Lalli told Mignini that he needed to examine the body and above all to take its temperature to help estimate the time of death – the more time went by, the less data he would be able to gather – but the prosecutor was firm. Mignini insisted that he couldn’t risk modifying or contaminating the crime scene and losing any biological traces. He was adamant that both the local forensic police, and the elite forensic unit which was on its way from Rome, should do their work first.
Follain, John. A Death in Italy: The Definitive Account of the Amanda Knox Case . St. Martin's Press. Kindle Edition.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 04:35 PM   #482
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"Amanda was 20 years old, she was a young girl and I understand what she must have been through, but there is a woman of her age who will never tell her story again ". “
http://www.perugiatoday.it/cronaca/a...rimpianti.html

See what Mignini did there? He professes some kind of sympathy for Amanda (Gee, see what a fair guy I am?) but then immediately implies that Meredith was silenced (killed) by Amanda.

I think that a key part of Mignini's MO in dealing with suspects, courts and the media has been to present himself as a benign, compassionate, scrupulously honest and fair public servant, who perhaps doesn't like/enjoy doing the job he does, but who does the job nevertheless - with neither fear nor favour - to serve victims and the Italian state.

Of course, there's a large amount of evidence to point instead towards Mignini being proud, narcissistic, highly invested in winning (at all costs?), vindictive, a back-door leaker of information to the media when it helps his cause, guided by bizarre extremes of Catholic dogma, and (last but not least) some sort of latter-day Sherlock Holmes who can sniff out perpetrators through intuition, instinct and herculean powers of deductive reasoning.

Oh, and a liar and a cheat to boot (e.g. his lies about his application to hold Knox and Sollecito without access to legal counsel, using legislation that was specifically only designed to be applied to mobsters and terrorists, or his (and his department's, under his control) repeated obfuscation over disclosure/discovery to the defence teams, or the way in which he extracted Knox's "spontaneous declaration").

I suspect his well-cultivated connections within the judiciary and politics will have unfortunately made him somewhat bulletproof (especially in a country as shambolic, patronage-based and petty-corrupt as Italy), but man would it be nice to see him properly held to account.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 04:40 PM   #483
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

We're getting two different stories depending on whom you believe. Mignini from the article cited above:

Potrebbe interessarti: http://www.perugiatoday.it/cronaca/a...rimpianti.html
Seguici su Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perugi...00142986753754

According to Follain:

Follain, John. A Death in Italy: The Definitive Account of the Amanda Knox Case . St. Martin's Press. Kindle Edition.

Indeed - as I said, it's not altogether surprising that conflicting accounts exist depending on who is doing the telling (assuming, as seems likely, that Lalli himself was the source of Follain's information).

It would, I suggest, seem more unusual for a forensic pathologist to tell lies against a PM (who was the senior figure in the investigation, and who would have had significantly more power and connections than Lalli) than the other way around. And in addition, there are plenty more examples of Mignini being, shall we say, "economical with the actualité"
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 04:47 PM   #484
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Amanda speaking in Italy

Here is a clip of Amanda speaking in Italy. You all probably already saw this. But I thought I should post it.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 30th June 2019, 04:49 PM   #485
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Don't forget the fact that Meredith was fully dressed, including her jacket, when she was attacked a full two hours (according to the prosecution) after she went home at 9:00 PM stating she was tired. One of the Brit girls stated they had agreed that they were going to bed right away (cited earlier). Even Guede put himself there by 8:30 and hearing Meredith scream about 9:20. Why would he use this timeline? Because he was sticking as closely to the actual timing of events because truth is easier to remember than lies and someone might be able to place him at the cottage then.

Yes, totally. On the Guede timing, I'd add that Guede would have had no idea whether anyone walking close to the cottage (or even living in one of the nearby apartments) might have heard the scream - if Guede had, say, claimed the scream happened at 10.30pm and then someone reliable had come forward to state they heard a loud scream at 9.20pm, Guede's whole account would immediately become suspicious. And Guede could easily have figured this out.

And on the timing front, I'd further add in Kercher's aborted phone call to her mother, and the fact that she never even attempted to call again. Kercher was in the practice of calling her (sick) mother every day, and she hadn't spoken with her yet that day. It would appear, on the face of it, very strange that Kercher might have attempted an aborted call (we don't know why it was aborted) at 8.58pm that evening, then lounged around on her bed for well over two hours (as per the convicting courts...) without even once attempting to call her mother back. A far more rational explanation is that Kercher indeed intended to try calling again once she was home and had put her stuff down and maybe gone to the bathroom or got a drink etc, but that she was interrupted, confronted and attacked shortly after getting through the front door. By Guede.
Old 30th June 2019, 05:19 PM   #486
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I looked at Lalli's testimony regarding the delay in taking the body temperature. When asked if delaying it was his choice, he said "no".

Quote:
...then this, of course, the activity is a
activity being coordinated, then in activity
the need for a coordinated approach was identified as not
interfering with the... with the crime scene and,
so, on this, of course, I repeat, my
permanence...

Question – it wasn't your choice.
Answer-No.
In my time in the zo... in
proximity was also oriented to say at the time when
you give me permission, I'll do my own surveys.
Question-Yes, I was interested if it was your choice, the
late or late...
Answer-No.
Question - " No."
Answer-No.

Question-When you, you show up. Then he said, exactly.
but he wanted to stay in the area, so that
as soon as he can get back to the scene.
Answer-Yes..
Looks like the fine and upstanding Mignini lied. He blamed Lalli when Lalli testified under oath that it was not his choice to delay taking the body temperature.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 05:52 PM   #487
AnimalFriendly
Critical Thinker

I wonder if she's ever thought of going into law?
She's waiting for Bob Jones University to open a law school.
AnimalFriendly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 06:28 PM   #488
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if Lalli read Mignini's claim that it was Lalli who requested the delay.
Old 30th June 2019, 06:41 PM   #489
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnimalFriendly View Post
She's waiting for Bob Jones Trump University to open a law school.
Fixed that for you.
Old 30th June 2019, 06:50 PM   #490
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnimalFriendly
She's waiting for Bob Jones Trump Quennell University to open a law school.
Fixed that for you.
Fixed that for both of you.
Old 30th June 2019, 07:07 PM   #491
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Fixed that for both of you.
Slick Pete's School of How Are the Kiddies?
Old 30th June 2019, 08:10 PM   #492
Numbers
Philosopher

I looked at Lalli's testimony regarding the delay in taking the body temperature. When asked if delaying it was his choice, he said "no".

Looks like the fine and upstanding Mignini lied. He blamed Lalli when Lalli testified under oath that it was not his choice to delay taking the body temperature.
In an Italian police investigation of a specific crime, the prosecutor is legally in charge of the investigation by the police. That means that the prosecutor has overall responsibility for all investigative decisions.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 09:36 PM   #493
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
In an Italian police investigation of a specific crime, the prosecutor is legally in charge of the investigation by the police. That means that the prosecutor has overall responsibility for all investigative decisions.
Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that Mignini said it was Lalli who asked to delay the taking of the body temperature and not him ...contrary to what Lalli testified to.
Old 1st July 2019, 03:41 AM   #494
Methos
Muse

[...]

On the other hand, this is what the Sun wrote on 25 May 2016:

"American Knox, 28 – dubbed ‘Foxy Knoxy’ – said she was “upset” after hearing news of his {Guede's} temporary release.

She said: “I’m upset by the fact that Guede has never shown any remorse and hope that whoever granted him permission [to take temporary release] did so only as part of a social reintegration programme.” "

But the Sun went on to show that it could be quite incomplete and misleading with the next sentence in the article:

"Earlier this month it was revealed that Knox has won the legal right to sue Italy over the ‘unfair trial’ that saw her wrongly convicted of killing Meredith."

Those reading that sentence would have no idea that it was a reference to the ECHR's Communication to Italy that formalized the transformation of the application of Amanda Knox against Italy to the case Knox v. Italy, and was not related to the wrongful non-final convictions for killing Meredith Kercher, but to the coercive interrogations of Nov. 5/6, 2007 and the wrongful final conviction of Amanda Knox for calunnia.

One can only conclude that the reporters and publishers of the Sun and the other tabloids, such as the Daily Mail, have abysmally low standards for accuracy.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/ne...ood-behaviour/

[...]
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
Just for the record:
The Sun,
Daily Mail
La Repubblica
Looks like this perhaps comes therefore from a press wire article that's simply been reproduced across various publications.

Regardless, the mass media have repeatedly, over the years, been stultifyingly ill-informed about this case. Granted, it's a complex case. And it's definitely also fair to say that a superficial reading of what was presented in the Massei trial would strongly indicate the guilt of Knox and Sollecito. But of course that was/is before every single one of those superficially-strong datum points of evidence was shown clearly to be either an invention, a misinterpretation, or otherwise fundamentally unreliable/non-credible.

And it's also fair to say two further things: firstly, the whole narrative - of a pretty young American female student on a study year in Italy going somehow psychotic in league with her boyfriend to torture and stab her "mild-mannered" English female housemate - is manna from heaven for pretty much all areas of the media (particularly in the UK), so this was a narrative that they were more than ready to swallow uncritically and regurgitate for their prurient audience; and secondly, it's almost always the "safe" practice of the media to defer heavily to the prosecution version of events, since a) this offers an excellent defence against any potential defamation, and b) this also serves to make prosecutors and other authority agencies/figures more ready to supply further information about this case and any potential future cases to the media bodies in question.
My point was, The Sun quotes
Quote:
American Knox, 28 – dubbed ‘Foxy Knoxy’ – said she was “upset” after hearing news of his temporary release.
She said: “I’m upset by the fact that Guede has never shown any remorse and hope that whoever granted him permission [to take temporary release] did soonly as part of a social reintegration programme.”
from the Daily Mail
Quote:
American exchange student Amanda Knox, who was convicted and later acquitted of the killing, said she was disappointed by the decision to release Guede.

She said: 'I regret that Rudy Guede has never regretted it [the murder] and I hope that those who granted him permission [to leave jail] did it for social reintegration.'
...and the Daily Mail is misquoting from the La Repubblica
Quote:
Gelido il commento di Raffaele Sollecito, l'ex fidanzato di Amanda Knox: "Mi rammarica che Rudy Guede non si sia mai pentito e mi auguro che chi gli ha concesso il permesso lo abbia fatto in un percorso di reinserimento sociale". Sollecito dice di non attendersi nuove verità. "Rudy ha sempre detto menzogne e le direbbe anche ora".
Old 1st July 2019, 08:56 AM   #495
Numbers
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Methos View Post
My point was, The Sun quotes
from the Daily Mail

...and the Daily Mail is misquoting from the La Repubblica

Google translation: "The comment by Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda Knox's ex-boyfriend, is cold: "I regret that Rudy Guede has never regretted it and I hope that those who gave him permission did so in a path of social reintegration". Sollecito says he does not expect new truths. "Rudy always said lies and he would even tell you now."

So DM and Sun misrepresented who the source of the quote was. Does anyone think that was an accidental mistake? I suggest that claiming it was from Amanda gave the quote more publicity value for the two tabloids. The tabloids are all about clicks and readership, accuracy or truth, not so much.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 10:11 AM   #496
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

It could have been a mistake but, when it comes to the tabloids, it could just as easily have been intentional. Such is their credibility.
Old 1st July 2019, 10:12 AM   #497
TomG
Muse

In the YouTube link below at position 1:03:30 through to 1:05:24 Mignini discusses the subject of the body temperature. Mignini, Lalli, and Steffanoni are present at VDP. Mignini says he instructs Lalli to take the temperature "immediately"; however Mignini goes on to say that Steffanoni protests and says that the procedure "would disrupt the scene". Further on Mignini says he tells Lalli again to take the temperature; however it didn't happen, he concedes that the temperature should have been taken in hindsight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbOjYpH1WdM&t=2916s

Hoots
Old 1st July 2019, 11:16 AM   #498
TomG
Muse

I don't see much mention of Maresca/Kerchers in any of these links regarding Rudy's temporary release, or did I miss something? A google search didn't come up with anything. I did have a brief look at the Daily Beast but I didn't find much there either. It looks like Rudy's premature short-term release is all fine and dandy to them.

Hoots
Old 1st July 2019, 11:38 AM   #499
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
I don't see much mention of Maresca/Kerchers in any of these links regarding Rudy's temporary release, or did I miss something? A google search didn't come up with anything. I did have a brief look at the Daily Beast but I didn't find much there either. It looks like Rudy's premature short-term release is all fine and dandy to them.

Hoots
That's a little unfair. The media does not care what the victim's family think of the real killer. The chattering class of tabloid readers don't care about that.

The click-bait is when the media hypes what the Kerchers may (or may not) have said about Knox. The Kerchers have no control over sophisticated media out after clicks.
Old 1st July 2019, 11:43 AM   #500
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

This is a recent podcast exchange between two PGPs, Roberta Glass and guest Jennifer Tuesday Prichard. I had many exchanges in a closed group with the latter before she was tossed off for her nasty behavior (and it's a very tolerant forum). To say she's a piece of work is an understatement.
Like many PGP, she parrots the prosecution and presents it as fact. The exchange starts off with claiming Knox got off on 'a technicality'. Later they go into the 'lamp' theory stating it was "found under the bed as if someone was searching for something" and that it had been wiped clean. Neither is true. They also say that PIP claim the (non-blood) mixed DNA in Filomena's room reacted because Knox had "a root vegetable on her feet". They then proceed to state it had to be blood. Glasser says "You never hear about the blood in Filomena's room". That's because there wasn't any! They make no mention of the negative TMB tests. They also state that the bloody bathmat footprint was Sollecito's with no mention that no court found that had been established. Glass claims that the pair were 'continuously kissing" outside the cottage and then states that Knox's hair doesn't look like "freshly washed blow dried hair". Yet no police or anyone else stated that Knox's hair was not clean. Prichard states she can't see how someone could "get in through the glass " of the window without cutting himself as if he climbed in through the broken window instead of opening it like he actually did. Prichard then asks how Sollecito would know nothing was taken from the house during his call to the police as if that supports it being staged. Gee, I dunno...because they saw obviously valuable objects in open view like a camera and laptop? Prichard tells two whoppers and claims Amanda's footprint was found in Meredith's bedroom and that hairs "of Amanda's color" were found in Meredith's hand. Both untrue and famous unsupported PGP myths . Prichard even repeats the "Amanda was caught with a mop in her hand" lie. But my favorite bit of idiocy from this pair is when they claim that,
if you accept that the DNA of RS and AK is contamination or all wrong then you have to accept all of Guede's DNA was wrong too and 'throw it all out'. Of course, they don't mention that none of AK's DNA was challenged at that only the DNA of RS on the bra was claimed as contamination and that none of Guede's was LCN. Prichard then mentions the "cut or abrasion" on Knox's neck. It was a hickey! The prison doctor did not list it as a cut or abrasion. This nonsense goes on and on. Prichard remains as ignorant as ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQWh...e6MalnOvgkax8E
Old 1st July 2019, 12:03 PM   #501
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

That's a little unfair. The media does not care what the victim's family think of the real killer. The chattering class of tabloid readers don't care about that.

The click-bait is when the media hypes what the Kerchers may (or may not) have said about Knox. The Kerchers have no control over sophisticated media out after clicks.
I agree.
Old 1st July 2019, 12:55 PM   #502
bagels
Master Poster

Harry Rag
1 day ago
Amanda Knox repeatedly makes the false claim she was exonerated by the Italian Supreme Court when in reality she was acquitted due to insufficient evidence.

lol
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 01:04 PM   #503
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

"Amanda was 20 years old, she was a young girl and I understand what she must have been through, but there is a woman of her age who will never tell her story again ". “
http://www.perugiatoday.it/cronaca/a...rimpianti.html

See what Mignini did there? He professes some kind of sympathy for Amanda (Gee, see what a fair guy I am?) but then immediately implies that Meredith was silenced (killed) by Amanda.
Mignini saw the body at the crime scene. He saw Knox have a melt down when her knife drawer was searched.

<fx taps side of nose>

He knows who did it.

If you read further in the article he says he would do it all again and ask for a life sentence.

What kind of a diseased mind would want to see a murderer walk free?

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 01:06 PM   #504
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

In the article, Mignini also blames the medical examiner for not taking the body temperature to fix the time of Merdith's death.

Too bad Mignini chooses to forget the other evidence of Meredith's time of death: the attempted or aborted telephone calls and the digestion timing evidence.

Of course, in the Netflix documentary, it was Mignini who said he was a real Sherlock Holmes.
No Sherlock, he says Sherlock Holmes was one of his favourite books to read not that he was Sherlock Holmes.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 01:08 PM   #505
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Except in the skype call the police recorded Guede stated definitively Amanda was not there. This becomes an official first out of the blocks crime narrative.
These first statements are glittering gold that tarnishes with every subsequent iteration.
His saying Knox wasn't there is equivalent to Knox omitting to mention Guede was there. Honour amongst thieves and all that. "Thou shalt not grass".

~ Danzig

Old 1st July 2019, 01:12 PM   #506
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
No Sherlock, he says Sherlock Holmes was one of his favourite books to read not that he was Sherlock Holmes.

Yeah.....uhhh.....you're not quite telling the whole truth there are you Vixen?

(Hint: try to include the part where Mignini very specifically and explicitly states that he essentially modelled himself on Sherlock Holmes)
Old 1st July 2019, 01:12 PM   #507
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I think that a key part of Mignini's MO in dealing with suspects, courts and the media has been to present himself as a benign, compassionate, scrupulously honest and fair public servant, who perhaps doesn't like/enjoy doing the job he does, but who does the job nevertheless - with neither fear nor favour - to serve victims and the Italian state.

Of course, there's a large amount of evidence to point instead towards Mignini being proud, narcissistic, highly invested in winning (at all costs?), vindictive, a back-door leaker of information to the media when it helps his cause, guided by bizarre extremes of Catholic dogma, and (last but not least) some sort of latter-day Sherlock Holmes who can sniff out perpetrators through intuition, instinct and herculean powers of deductive reasoning.

Oh, and a liar and a cheat to boot (e.g. his lies about his application to hold Knox and Sollecito without access to legal counsel, using legislation that was specifically only designed to be applied to mobsters and terrorists, or his (and his department's, under his control) repeated obfuscation over disclosure/discovery to the defence teams, or the way in which he extracted Knox's "spontaneous declaration").

I suspect his well-cultivated connections within the judiciary and politics will have unfortunately made him somewhat bulletproof (especially in a country as shambolic, patronage-based and petty-corrupt as Italy), but man would it be nice to see him properly held to account.

Hahahahahahahaha 'Over the wall we go, ALL copper are bastards'.

~ Danzig

Old 1st July 2019, 01:14 PM   #508
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

His saying Knox wasn't there is equivalent to Knox omitting to mention Guede was there. Honour amongst thieves and all that. "Thou shalt not grass".

You do realise Knox actually wasn't there though, don't you?

(Keener minds can easily realise that the Marasca SC panel only introduced the hypothesis about Knox "being present" - and then going on to say that even if that were true, it in no way constitutes guilt of murder anyhow - in order not to contradict the prior SC ruling on the criminal slander charge)
Old 1st July 2019, 01:18 PM   #509
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Hahahahahahahaha 'Over the wall we go, ALL copper are bastards'.

Um well firstly, Mignini is not and was not a "copper".

And secondly, yes: some law enforcement agents are bastards. And liars. And cheats. Not all of them, but some. And they include our friend in Perugia.

Why on earth do you think UK legislators introduced the Police And Criminal Evidence Act in the 1980s, Vixen? Do you think that most of the clauses in that act would ever have been deemed necessary if the British police could be implicitly counted on to be honest, fair and scrupulous at all times?

Critical thinking: it's genuinely useful in helping to figure out the truth and cut through the crap.
Old 1st July 2019, 01:18 PM   #510
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Mignini saw the body at the crime scene. He saw Knox have a melt down when her knife drawer was searched.

<fx taps side of nose>

He knows who did it.

If you read further in the article he says he would do it all again and ask for a life sentence.

Why do you continue posting libel?
Old 1st July 2019, 01:21 PM   #511
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

In the YouTube link below at position 1:03:30 through to 1:05:24 Mignini discusses the subject of the body temperature. Mignini, Lalli, and Steffanoni are present at VDP. Mignini says he instructs Lalli to take the temperature "immediately"; however Mignini goes on to say that Steffanoni protests and says that the procedure "would disrupt the scene". Further on Mignini says he tells Lalli again to take the temperature; however it didn't happen, he concedes that the temperature should have been taken in hindsight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbOjYpH1WdM&t=2916s

Hoots
Oh dear. At a murder scene, the scene needs to be kept as unchanged as possible. IOW in this case when Mignini arrived, Stefanoni was there heading up the forensics team. Mignini had to think on his feet as to what was more important: capturing DNA or getting the body temperature. He came down on the side of getting the DNA. By that time anyway, Meredith had been dead over twelve hours so an estimate of TOD would not have been exact anyway. We know already the time of death fell within a two-hour time frame. Closely connected to Knox and Sollecito switching off their phones.

~ Danzig

Old 1st July 2019, 01:22 PM   #512
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

<fx taps side of nose>

He knows who did it.

Why would a guilty Knox have a "meltdown" (actually, tears and shaking) when the knife drawer in the cottage kitchen was searched? After all, if there's one thing everyone agrees upon, it's that no knives from the cottage kitchen were used in the attack.

See - a logical, reasonable person might propose that in fact it's perfectly feasible that a factually-innocent Knox might have seen the knives in the drawer when it was opened, knowing that her housemate had had her throat cut with a knife, and it might suddenly have brought into sharp relief the horrific death her housemate and friend had suffered. And that that was actually what caused her tears and shaking.

As I said: Critical thinking - it's great!!
Old 1st July 2019, 01:23 PM   #513
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Hoots
Look at the timing. A couple of days after Knox' appearance in Modena.

Guede is saying, hello, I'm here. Can't say anything just now or I'll get into trouble.

It's no coincidence. It's a warning shot across her bow.

~ Danzig

Old 1st July 2019, 01:24 PM   #514
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Tabloid readers are not the chattering class.

~ Danzig

Old 1st July 2019, 01:25 PM   #515
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Oh dear. At a murder scene, the scene needs to be kept as unchanged as possible. IOW in this case when Mignini arrived, Stefanoni was there heading up the forensics team. Mignini had to think on his feet as to what was more important: capturing DNA or getting the body temperature. He came down on the side of getting the DNA. By that time anyway, Meredith had been dead over twelve hours so an estimate of TOD would not have been exact anyway. We know already the time of death fell within a two-hour time frame. Closely connected to Knox and Sollecito switching off their phones.

You do know it's a near-certainty that neither Knox nor Sollecito had anything whatsoever to do with the Kercher murder? And that in any case there's not one single piece of credible, reliable evidence linking either of them to the murder? And that in fact all of the credible, reliable evidence is entirely consistent with Guede as sole attacker, with a single knife? And that the only logical conclusion to draw from all of the above is that Guede alone attacked and killed Kercher?

Let me know if you need any help figuring this all out.
Old 1st July 2019, 01:27 PM   #516
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Look at the timing. A couple of days after Knox' appearance in Modena.

Guede is saying, hello, I'm here. Can't say anything just now or I'll get into trouble.

It's no coincidence. It's a warning shot across her bow.

Why on earth do you think Knox has any fear of "warning shots" from Guede? She had nothing to do with the murder, which was almost certainly committed by Guede and Guede alone. And she's been definitively acquitted and exonerated by the Italian Supreme Court (did you miss that announcement?).

So sad, so strange.
Old 1st July 2019, 01:30 PM   #517
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Why would a guilty Knox have a "meltdown" (actually, tears and shaking) when the knife drawer in the cottage kitchen was searched? After all, if there's one thing everyone agrees upon, it's that no knives from the cottage kitchen were used in the attack.

See - a logical, reasonable person might propose that in fact it's perfectly feasible that a factually-innocent Knox might have seen the knives in the drawer when it was opened, knowing that her housemate had had her throat cut with a knife, and it might suddenly have brought into sharp relief the horrific death her housemate and friend had suffered. And that that was actually what caused her tears and shaking.

As I said: Critical thinking - it's great!!
Haha! Makes a change from her canoodling outside the cottage, laughing her head off at the Questura and turning cartwheels in front of the police.

~ Danzig

Old 1st July 2019, 01:31 PM   #518
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

You do know it's a near-certainty that neither Knox nor Sollecito had anything whatsoever to do with the Kercher murder? And that in any case there's not one single piece of credible, reliable evidence linking either of them to the murder? And that in fact all of the credible, reliable evidence is entirely consistent with Guede as sole attacker, with a single knife? And that the only logical conclusion to draw from all of the above is that Guede alone attacked and killed Kercher?

Let me know if you need any help figuring this all out.
Your saying it doesn't make it so.

~ Danzig

Old 1st July 2019, 01:34 PM   #519
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Your saying it doesn't make it so.

Critical thinking and proper reasoning make it so, though.

(As opposed to evidence-free hysteria built on a rotten foundation of prejudice, vengeance, bias, creepy-phony-victim-worship and shockingly poor thinking skills......)
Old 1st July 2019, 02:32 PM   #520
toto
Muse

Haha! Makes a change from her canoodling outside the cottage, laughing her head off at the Questura and turning cartwheels in front of the police.
I think you are being a tad provocative with your cartwheel remark seeing as though it started the thread so many years ago. You can't want this thread to continue indefinitely can you , like a version of Escher's stairs?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors