IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 09:26 AM   #3441
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown, trying to kick the football and always falling for Lucy's 'pulling the ball away' trick. I never learn.

Like looking at a bad wreck, someone mentions TJMK and I can't resist visting the cesspool AGAIN... and what's the first thing I see? - a picture of Mignini and Stefanoni talking, with the caption of "Dr Stefanoni with Dr Mignini, two world-class professionals".

I know better than to go there, but I can't resist these tales of lunacy... I feel like I need to see them myself, and I always wind up feeling dirty and filled with regret.
A psychological study on those still active on TJMK would be extremely interesting.

"Dr Stefanoni with Dr Mignini, two world-class professionals".

LOL! Both were solidly shot down in a scathing SC MR but to TJMK, they're "world-class professionals". On the other hand, every expert who criticized Stefanoni's work/findings and any judge who acquitted is "bent" and/or under the control of the mafia and/or Masons. Hysterical!

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd October 2019 at 09:57 AM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:15 PM   #3442
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
A psychological study on those still active on TJMK would be extremely interesting.

"Dr Stefanoni with Dr Mignini, two world-class professionals".

LOL! Both were solidly shot down in a scathing SC MR but to TJMK, they're "world-class professionals". On the other hand, every expert who criticized Stefanoni's work/findings and any judge who acquitted is "bent" and/or under the control of the mafia and/or Masons. Hysterical!
Yeah, in the article with that photo he refers to both Gil and Hampikian as "hoaxers". Delusional doesn't quite capture it.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:45 PM   #3443
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

No judge said that. It was a quote from Prof. Novelli regarding dust and contamination.

Of course, contamination via other means, such as dirty gloves, is quite possible as demonstrated by studies. You know, like the dirty ones Stefanoni is shown wearing in the police video of the bra clasp collection.
So ignorant. You are claiming DNA cultivates on a glove.

Sollecito's DNA is on the bra clasp hook because he placed it there.

If it were on a glove it certainly wouldn't show as a black speck.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:47 PM   #3444
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Or anyone who did not testify in court! Apparently, only testifying in court gives someone expertise on a subject.
Yup, that's how a court works. Only if you turn up in the witness box to be cross-examined can your theories about the crime be considered.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:48 PM   #3445
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Methos View Post
Do you have a quote from the transcripts for that? Last time I looked, that "meteorite" quote was attributed to Hellmann appeal persecution expert Prof. Novelli... (not a judge)
That's right. His testimony was accepted.

~ Danzig

Old 22nd October 2019, 01:51 PM   #3446
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

What a ridiculous statement. The source of contamination cannot always be discovered but that does not mean contamination did not occur. In the Sollecito clasp incident, it's rather obvious to anyone with more than half a brain that the clasp, found 6 weeks after the murder across the room from its original location and among other objects is not going to be in the same forensic state as it was immediately after the murder. It is visibly dirtier and 'rattier' when collected than it was when first found.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...f2b34a99ee.jpg

Then there is the video of the collection showing it being held with dirty, unchanged gloves. What else did that glove touch? The door handle that we know Sollecito touched...but was not tested by the crack scientific police?

There is also the unidentified DNA of several others on the same tiny clasp. How did those get there? Do we know 'where it was born' or the means of how that DNA got there? No. Yet there it is.
So ignorant. DNA does not grow on dirt. You are thinking of bacteria.

~ Danzig

Old 22nd October 2019, 02:11 PM   #3447
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post

Also, the other 2-4 male DNA haplotypes must have been placed there by those unknown men.

Either that or.....

Old 22nd October 2019, 02:13 PM   #3448
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Yup, that's how a court works. Only if you turn up in the witness box to be cross-examined can your theories about the crime be considered.
Ah, er, no. You've got a minute to consider the hole in your (nonsensical) argument.
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:16 PM   #3449
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, good lord. You've written some staggeringly silly things but this one takes the cake. Go back and read my post again and see if you can figure out exactly how your statement that I'm "claiming DNA cultivates on a glove" is so profoundly ridiculous. Pay special attention to the part about the gloves and touching things, specifically the door handle that Sollecito touched.

Quote:
When are you going to learn that your saying something doesn't make it so? The experts disagree with you. That should be your first hint.

Quote:
Sigh. Who said it did? Just when I think you can't top yourself with ignorant comments, you do. DNA is invisible to the naked eye which is exactly why the idea of a 'selective cleanup' was so very, very stupid.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:22 PM   #3450
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Or anyone who did not testify in court! Apparently, only testifying in court gives someone expertise on a subject.
That's not what the point of the discussion was. But, once again, you apparently don't comprehend what you read very well. May we now expect you to never again mention the names of Balding or Garofano (or anyone else who did not testify in court) when it comes to this case?

By the way, that dirty gloves can contaminate evidence by transferring DNA is not a 'theory': it is an established scientific fact supported by numerous studies.
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:28 PM   #3451
Methos
Muse

Don't need to. Any fule 'no DNA does NOT crawl under a door and onto the murder victim's underwear.

As one of the judges put it, 'there is more chance of a meteorite striking this court'.
Do you have a quote from the transcripts for that? Last time I looked, that "meteorite" quote was attributed to Hellmann appeal persecution expert Prof. Novelli... (not a judge)
"That's right."?

What's right? That Hellmann appeal persecution expert Prof. Novelli was not a judge? Nothing new here, that's what I said...

What about my question about you having a "quote from the transcripts" for that "meteorite quote" attributed to Novelli?

Well, thanks to Stacyhs we know that Prof Novelli said that stupid thing to a newspaper a month before he said more stupid things in his actual testimony...

You said: "His testimony was accepted.", do you know, what he said? Hint: nothing about "meteorites striking courts"
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:35 PM   #3452
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

But that quote was not given as part of his testimony. It was given in a newspaper interview. So you are wrong that the quote you provided was made by a judge and during Novelli's testimony.

Pity for you that Marasca Bruno accepted the testimony of Conti and Vecchiotti regarding the contamination over Novelli.
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:36 PM   #3453
Methos
Muse

Please point me to the transcript of the testimony of Luciano Garofano...
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:38 PM   #3454
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

So ignorant. DNA does not grow on dirt. You are thinking of bacteria.
Speaking of ignorant...I never said DNA grows on dirt and I am not thinking of bacteria. I spoke only of the TRANSFERENCE of DNA. I really don't know why you are having such difficulty understanding that very simple concept.

Of course, if you like, you can go back to any of my posts and quote where I ever said anything about contamination by 'cultivation' or DNA 'growing in dirt'. But we all know where that's going to end up, don't we?

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd October 2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:55 PM   #3455
Methos
Muse

What a ridiculous statement. The source of contamination cannot always be discovered but that does not mean contamination did not occur. In the Sollecito clasp incident, it's rather obvious to anyone with more than half a brain that the clasp, found 6 weeks after the murder across the room from its original location and among other objects is not going to be in the same forensic state as it was immediately after the murder. It is visibly dirtier and 'rattier' when collected than it was when first found.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...f2b34a99ee.jpg

Then there is the video of the collection showing it being held with dirty, unchanged gloves. What else did that glove touch? The door handle that we know Sollecito touched...but was not tested by the crack scientific police?

There is also the unidentified DNA of several others on the same tiny clasp. How did those get there? Do we know 'where it was born' or the means of how that DNA got there? No. Yet there it is.
The Dec 18th, 2007 videos are worth watching (anyone interested can find them and the crimescene photos here).
I think these two snippets from the video are quite telling, when it comes to the question of "contamination"... and no, it's not the gloves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW2u84z-xJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YWWH42mzurM
Old 22nd October 2019, 03:18 PM   #3456
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The Dec 18th, 2007 videos are worth watching (anyone interested can find them and the crimescene photos here).
I think these two snippets from the video are quite telling, when it comes to the question of "contamination"... and no, it's not the gloves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW2u84z-xJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YWWH42mzurM
Incredible.
Old 22nd October 2019, 03:53 PM   #3457
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Incredible.
Speaking of the only things being real are limited to those things testified to at trial, where cross examination was available....

Napoleoni testified to the Massei court that everyone who had entered the murderroom had worn forensic countermeasures......

...... except ......

The members of the medical team who'd gone in to examine the victim, in their civvies, no countermeasures.

But remember - there was no obvious route of contamination...........
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:43 PM   #3458
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Remember, the only things which are real are things presented at trial. The following is what the first provisionally convicting judge, Judge Massei, wrote about what he'd heard - he heard this, yet still did not consider there to be a route of contamination into the murder room:
Originally Posted by Massei on pages 91ff
On the afternoon of November 2, 2007 personnel of the Perugia Police headquarters
went to said house. The 118 and Coroner Dr. Lalli also came....

Everyone who entered had gloves and shoe covers on except the 118 personnel who
certified the death.
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:52 PM   #3459
NotEvenWrong
Muse

Vixen

DNA, being a fungus, often sporulates under the right conditions, such as Samhain murder rituals perpetrated by a slut, burglar, and Italian mobster.

One can often see when this happens as DNA will become visible as a black speck, much like soot, dirt, or the scale of a dragon. In fact, Amanda Knox likely used the biological spores of this DNA to brew her fatal concoction in her witch's cauldron.

It's all in the court documents if you'd like to see for yourself.

Last edited by NotEvenWrong; 22nd October 2019 at 04:53 PM.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:57 PM   #3460
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Remember, the only things which are real are things presented at trial. The following is what the first provisionally convicting judge, Judge Massei, wrote about what he'd heard - he heard this, yet still did not consider there to be a route of contamination into the murder room:
That couldn't possibly be the route of contamination; everyone knows DNA contamination is due to it being cultivated in dirt and then flying under the door.
Old 22nd October 2019, 07:00 PM   #3461
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

That couldn't possibly be the route of contamination; everyone knows DNA contamination is due to it being cultivated in dirt and then flying under the door.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...f97683b8ed.jpg
One of those things that has always baffled me was the failure of the Scientific Police to DNA swab the hallway side of Meredith's door, including the door knob and the door jam. The door had been closed and locked by the killer so it would have been a logical place to hope to find the killer's DNA or prints. Instead, the idiots don't test it because "the crime scene was on the other side". What do you say to that? Equally baffling, Raffaele says he tried to break the door down and the police know that.. that side of the door isn't tested for DNA.. and the prosecution then makes an issue of Raffaele's DNA not being found anywhere else in the cottage and therefore there is no source for contamination. I really don't know what to say to that either!
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 01:02 AM   #3462
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Also, the other 2-4 male DNA haplotypes must have been placed there by those unknown men.

Either that or.....

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d64bdf2e8d.jpg
So ignorant. There were DNA fragments that are found in dust (aka background contamination) and are not legally recognised as authentic. For DNA to be recognised in a court of law it needs to be a very strong 10-alleles at the minimum. Raff's DNA on the bra clasp where someone had forced it out of shape is a full house of 17 alleles.

This is as clear a piece of hard evidence as is a fingerprint on a gun.

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 01:10 AM   #3463
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, good lord. You've written some staggeringly silly things but this one takes the cake. Go back and read my post again and see if you can figure out exactly how your statement that I'm "claiming DNA cultivates on a glove" is so profoundly ridiculous. Pay special attention to the part about the gloves and touching things, specifically the door handle that Sollecito touched.

When are you going to learn that your saying something doesn't make it so? The experts disagree with you. That should be your first hint.

Sigh. Who said it did? Just when I think you can't top yourself with ignorant comments, you do. DNA is invisible to the naked eye which is exactly why the idea of a 'selective cleanup' was so very, very stupid.
So ignorant. Even Peter Gill states that secondary transfer is unlikely to happen after 24 hours. Why? because the organic material that contains the DNA (greasy sweat, blood, saliva) has an unfortunate tendency to completely dry up within an hour or less.

You are ignorantly claiming that a casual imprint of Sollecito's hand on the door some six weeks ago (and the delay was deliberately engineered by the defence) has been transferred by tertiary transfer .

Your lack of education in fundamental biology is beyond amusing. Fancy believing a new latex glove from a new box will cultivate Raff's 100% solid DNA and transfer it self to a metal bra clasp. Stefanoni never even touched the door.

The onus is on you to demonstrate that DNA jumps around like a flea on dog's backside.

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 01:13 AM   #3464
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

That's not what the point of the discussion was. But, once again, you apparently don't comprehend what you read very well. May we now expect you to never again mention the names of Balding or Garofano (or anyone else who did not testify in court) when it comes to this case?

By the way, that dirty gloves can contaminate evidence by transferring DNA is not a 'theory': it is an established scientific fact supported by numerous studies.
There is zero evidence the glove is dirty. That speck on the video could be a trick of light, a pixel, a crease, a shadow, graininess of the film. It is absolute bollocks to claim it contains Raff's DNA when he had never even been in the room (or so he claims).

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 01:19 AM   #3465
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

"That's right."?

What's right? That Hellmann appeal persecution expert Prof. Novelli was not a judge? Nothing new here, that's what I said...

What about my question about you having a "quote from the transcripts" for that "meteorite quote" attributed to Novelli?

Well, thanks to Stacyhs we know that Prof Novelli said that stupid thing to a newspaper a month before he said more stupid things in his actual testimony...

You said: "His testimony was accepted.", do you know, what he said? Hint: nothing about "meteorites striking courts"
Novelli showed elegantly and by use of statistical probability (as per correct ENFSI scientific standards) the likelihood the DNA was anybody other's than Raff's. That mathematical probability was >3bn/1 against.

Not even the defence bothered arguing it was not Raff's DNA.

Enter the defence's extremely silly theory Raff's DNA bounced around like a pogo stick to land on the very bend in the clasp where it was twisted by the perp and somehow wriggling its way underneath the sheet underneath the body, underneath the duvet, underneath the scattered debris of a burglary attempt the defence claims happened before the murder.

Even a five-year old can figure out the logic is a load a bunkum.

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 01:21 AM   #3466
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

But that quote was not given as part of his testimony. It was given in a newspaper interview. So you are wrong that the quote you provided was made by a judge and during Novelli's testimony.

Pity for you that Marasca Bruno accepted the testimony of Conti and Vecchiotti regarding the contamination over Novelli.
It says much about your moral standards you think a corrupt judges is great.

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 01:24 AM   #3467
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

It is usual for DNA of lab technicians and such medical staff to have their DNA taken to rule out an such contamination.

The DNA on the bra clasp is unique to Raff, unfortunately for your theory 'it could have been the DNA of Lalli'.

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 01:29 AM   #3468
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
One of those things that has always baffled me was the failure of the Scientific Police to DNA swab the hallway side of Meredith's door, including the door knob and the door jam. The door had been closed and locked by the killer so it would have been a logical place to hope to find the killer's DNA or prints. Instead, the idiots don't test it because "the crime scene was on the other side". What do you say to that? Equally baffling, Raffaele says he tried to break the door down and the police know that.. that side of the door isn't tested for DNA.. and the prosecution then makes an issue of Raffaele's DNA not being found anywhere else in the cottage and therefore there is no source for contamination. I really don't know what to say to that either!
I expect the forensic team reasoned it had to make a decision where best to deploy its expertise. Outside in the hallway where Knox and Sollecito had deliberately let all and sundry trample about before the door was broken down would not have yielded any useful information for the purposes of hard evidence. Now the murder room itself had had just Batistelli, the police officer who was confronted with the scene and the medical/forensic/detective staff.

Raff was not in the room to place his DNA on the bra clasp when the body was discovered, as Knox and he knew it would be.

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 01:54 AM   #3469
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

The pro-Knox nutters like to use as an example of DNA transfer talcum powder. They will sprinkle it on their hands and then go around touching each other and everything 'to show how Raff's DNA spread'.

Only an ignorant moron would be convinced by such a claim for DNA is not contained in talcum powder nor in any powdery substance. It is possible you might pick up some DNA in dandruff, dandruff being associated with greasy hair and hair follicles do contain DNA.

Exercise no.1

Find a bottle of tomato ketchup. This represents blood, say, or any bodily fluid. Sprinkle a few drops on your work top. Leave it untouched and uncleaned. Six weeks later put on a latex glove and touch the now dried stain of ketchup. Any luck in transferring it to the glove?

Here endeth today's elementary lesson.

~ Danzig

Old 23rd October 2019, 02:27 AM   #3470
NotEvenWrong
Muse

The pro-Knox nutters like to use as an example of DNA transfer talcum powder. They will sprinkle it on their hands and then go around touching each other and everything 'to show how Raff's DNA spread'.

Only an ignorant moron would be convinced by such a claim for DNA is not contained in talcum powder nor in any powdery substance. It is possible you might pick up some DNA in dandruff, dandruff being associated with greasy hair and hair follicles do contain DNA.

Exercise no.1

Find a bottle of tomato ketchup. This represents blood, say, or any bodily fluid. Sprinkle a few drops on your work top. Leave it untouched and uncleaned. Six weeks later put on a latex glove and touch the now dried stain of ketchup. Any luck in transferring it to the glove?

Vixen

Only an ignorant moron would use talcum powder as an example of DNA transfer.

Also, Vixen

Here, let's use ketchup.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 04:15 AM   #3471
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

So ignorant. There were DNA fragments that are found in dust (aka background contamination) and are not legally recognised as authentic. For DNA to be recognised in a court of law it needs to be a very strong 10-alleles at the minimum. Raff's DNA on the bra clasp where someone had forced it out of shape is a full house of 17 alleles.

This is as clear a piece of hard evidence as is a fingerprint on a gun.
Since you never gave this evidence at trial, it has no standing. (That's your own standard of acceptance as posted recently on this thread....)
Old 23rd October 2019, 04:42 AM   #3472
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Exercise no.1

You've just increased by 50% the number of forensic-DNA experts who agree with the original prosecutors. One also said that that work had not followed international standards, and the other expert admitted not having had access to negative controls.

But now there's you, the winner of the 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.

Besides, everyone knows DNA is a protein nanobot, used by Mafia-led conspirators, financed by Masonic collectors of fast cars. But since these DNA nanobots are based on Windows10, then the Conti-Vecchiotti report cannot be trusted, and Dr. Peter Gill must be a scientific gun for hire.

Yes, that's it. Post 9 posts in 52 minutes filled with forensickey sounding stuff, and the conspiracy is exposed!

Case closed!
Old 23rd October 2019, 05:44 AM   #3473
NotEvenWrong
Muse

So here is an actual review of the literature on DNA transfer by actual professional scientists:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...72497318303958

They refer to how DNA transfer is like ketchup, so rather than testing actual DNA transfer they just throw ketchup on everything and roll around in it like a bunch of idiots.

Just kidding, they don't actually do that. Sorry Vixen. Thought you may have had a point there for a second.
Old 23rd October 2019, 05:59 AM   #3474
NotEvenWrong
Muse

One thing to note, is that in this paper, they don't use ketchup to test the dynamics of DNA transfer. They use DNA. Flippin' amazing. Some interesting passages in this paper, published in Forensic Science International: Genetics, the top forensic genetics journal in the world:

Quote:
Contamination of DNA profiles through transfer events post crime scene establishment can occur through various means, including:

- Indirect transfer via gloves, because: gloves were not DNA free when purchased [267]; the box of gloves was not kept DNA free during use; gloves were not replaced after picking-up DNA by touching something with DNA on it prior to touching the exhibit (especially an area from which is to be sampled) or an area that was designated to be and remain DNA free (such as a bag of DNA-free tools to be used later) [58,60].

- Indirect transfer via dirty tools or equipment.

- Indirect transfer due to placement of exhibits on unclean surfaces.

Such events may occur due to: absence of proper procedures and/or poor compliance to them; poor training; ineffective cleaning procedures and/or compliance to such; and absence of environmental monitoring procedures [57,127,128,271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276].
Oh look all the things we have video proof the investigators did and did not do during evidence collection cause indirect DNA transfer, as confirmed by scientific studies and empirical evidence published in Forensic Science International: Genetics.

Quote:
Contamination events can be mitigated by: having proper procedures relating to crime scene access, examination laboratories, and exhibits; wearing, appropriate use and replacement of personal protective clothing; effective training and competency assessments; use of validated effective cleaning procedures and regimes; application of effective contamination monitoring procedures.
Oh look, the investigators didn't do any of that either.

Quote:
Furthermore, procedures should be in place that allow detection of contamination events if they occur, so that the profiles can be interpreted accordingly. This should include controls and checks for item to item transfer during examinations and sample processing.
Oh look again. They didn't do any of that either.

Crazy how the investigators at the crime scene didn't follow ANY established protocols to minimize contamination, and yet they somehow found a contaminated bra clasp. WEIRD HOW THAT WORKS EH VIXEN.
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:02 AM   #3475
NotEvenWrong
Muse

So ignorant. Even Peter Gill states that secondary transfer is unlikely to happen after 24 hours.
Oh and Peter Gill never stated that. Just to clarify: you completely made that up.

I'm not saying you're a pathological liar, Vixen. It just seems like you have a compulsive urge to lie about matters big and small, regardless of the situation.
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:05 AM   #3476
NotEvenWrong
Muse

Now, given that we know Vixen and her chums are not, in fact, bat**** insane, and we have overwhelming scientific proof that indirect DNA transfer can and does happen, particularly under the conditions present when the bra clasp was collected, I am glad we can put this issue to rest, and Vixen won't return in x number of months saying the same exact thing about how DNA transfer to the bra clasp was impossible. Yep, sure is good to move past that, given how much overwhelming published scientific evidence there is on the matter. Yessiree.
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:22 AM   #3477
bagels
Master Poster

The thing about guilters is there's no point in discussing the bra clasp if they think the kitchen knife is a good piece of evidence, and there's no point in discussing the kitchen knife if they think the luminol is good, and no point in the luminol if they think Quintavalle is a reliable witness, and no point in discussing Quintavalle if they think Raff dialed 112 minutes after the postal police greeted him at the cottage, and no point in discussing the 112 calls if they think a lady sized Asics bloody shoeprint was left on Meredith's pillow.

You start with the dumbest and most blatantly false evidence and work your way up the hierarchy in a good faith argument. Vixen remains at the starting line, believing something so insane not even a single court accepted it.

I actually worked out the least common denominator of stupid evidence that all guilters believe and it's Quintavalle. A couple of guilters couldn't quite bring themselves to disregard a mountain of irrefutable proof from CCTV video and phone logs proving Raff dialed 112 before the postal police arrived. Only one guilter that I know of is delusional enough to claim Rudy's bloody print is a lady's Asics. That of course being Vixen. That also might explain why she's the only guilter still posting here.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:51 AM   #3478
Numbers
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
So here is an actual review of the literature on DNA transfer by actual professional scientists:

http://<span style="background-color...8303958</span>

They refer to how DNA transfer is like ketchup, so rather than testing actual DNA transfer they just throw ketchup on everything and roll around in it like a bunch of idiots.

Just kidding, they don't actually do that. Sorry Vixen. Thought you may have had a point there for a second.
Here's an excerpt from the reference abstract:

Quote:
Appropriately trained forensic practitioners are best placed to provide opinion and guidance on the interpretation of profiles at the activity level. However, those requested to provide expert opinion on DNA-related activity level issues are often insufficiently trained to do so. We advocate recognition of DNA activity associated expertise to be distinct from expertise associated with the identification of individuals. This is to be supported by dedicated training, competency testing, authorisation, and regular fit for purpose proficiency testing.
The excerpt is a polite way of stating that the biased opinions of technicians such as "Dr." Stefanoni who don't provide their raw DNA data and mislead courts about the presence of DNA contamination in their labs - claiming it is not present when it is, as shown in the control data - should not be considered credible expert evidence.

Last edited by Numbers; 23rd October 2019 at 06:53 AM.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 07:29 AM   #3479
NotEvenWrong
Muse

bagels, Numbers:
Have you guys considered the possibility that DNA transfer may be like peanut butter or even Hershey syrup? Perhaps we're doing this science thing all wrong.
Old 23rd October 2019, 07:51 AM   #3480
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...72497318303958

Why would you quote actual scientists when we already have Vixen to explain it to us? Why defer to expertise when Harry Rag has been carpet bombing comments sections for a decade with tales of "abundant quantities" of Raffaele's DNA being found?

We already know AK and/or RS did this. Why? Because there's another guy also named "Sollecito" who is a genuine, bona fide gangster. We already know the real Sollecito had called 112 after the arrival of the postal police because.... well, just because.

You're purposely and with malice aforethought skewing the ability to railroad two kids by posting actual expert opinion.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors