IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags BFRO , bigfoot , matt moneymaker , sasquatch

Old 25th July 2017, 09:50 AM   #961
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
New Bigfoot photo being promoted by Matt Moneymaker as real.
Typical bigfoot photo. He didn't zoom in enough to make it obvious that it's a suit.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2017, 10:13 AM   #962
The Shrike
Philosopher

Only the best people are tweeting between 3:00 and 4:00 am on a Tuesday.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2017, 08:41 PM   #963
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
New Bigfoot photo being promoted by Matt Moneymaker as real.
It's a suit made by Chris Walas. He gave me several frames of it. I'll post them later when I am home.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2017, 04:56 AM   #964
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

I have many frames of that suit Chris made. These are two of the clearest...

It was not made as any manner of hoax attempt. It was made from scraps of other suits for a Bigfootery mockumentary he was working on last year. He's had some health issues that have been impeding him the last few years so he's taking things slow.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2020, 09:37 AM   #965
Drewbot
Philosopher

OK so we all know the BFRO is housed at BFRO.net

I was wondering what would happen if we typed in BFRO.com

FUNNY RESULT!
Its a kooked-out hyper religious website.
Almost like a landing page for an even kookier site called lifeisatest.com
Quote:
PROOF THE BIBLE IS TRUE The WORLD′S BIGGEST SKEPTIC regarding the Bible.
Then, he went to Israel and saw the evidence of Biblical places and prophecies. He proved the Bible is true. BE SURE TO BOOKMARK THIS SITE. In good times and bad—read your Bible daily.
There are app 10,385 Bible prophecies. NONE have ever been wrong. Three Bible prophecies of these days are— violence, and public unrest, and diseases shall increase.
Life's #1 decision: Will “YOU” repent and trust in Jesus, plus read and obey the Bible? Or will you choose eternal damnation by doing nothing? After repenting, be baptized by full immersion.
God′s Word reveals “What Lies Ahead” with 100% accuracy. Sadly, when most die, they do not go to a better place
I'm just wondering if the ad geniuses glommed onto the Bigfoot thing by grabbing up BFRO.com before Moneymaker could grab it.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2021, 11:10 AM   #966
mysteriousmonsters65
New Blood

I saw an article that as of March 2019, Moneymakin was worth 3.2 million dollars. The last name Moneymaker is so spot on it's scary. I would post that link but something about a 15 post rule here before I can add those. This PT Barnum type has conned his way into riches. Hard for me to think he actually believes in bigfoot since it's highly likely he has faked aspects of encounters to keep his tour believers happy and the revenue stream going for all these years with NOTHING to show for it except maybe some coyote howls.
mysteriousmonsters65 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2021, 12:28 AM   #967
rockinkt
Master Poster

Originally Posted by mysteriousmonsters65 View Post
I saw an article that as of March 2019, Moneymakin was worth 3.2 million dollars. The last name Moneymaker is so spot on it's scary. I would post that link but something about a 15 post rule here before I can add those. This PT Barnum type has conned his way into riches. Hard for me to think he actually believes in bigfoot since it's highly likely he has faked aspects of encounters to keep his tour believers happy and the revenue stream going for all these years with NOTHING to show for it except maybe some coyote howls.

I would suggest he made the most of his money by being a reality TV star in the TV show Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet.
The last I heard the average minimum for a recurring cast member on a reality type show like this was about $3,500 per episode. Popular characters in higher rated shows get up to $35,000 per episode and Finding Bigfoot was the highest rated show on Animal Planet and they did 100 shows.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2021, 12:43 PM   #968
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
I would suggest he made the most of his money by being a reality TV star in the TV show Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet.
The last I heard the average minimum for a recurring cast member on a reality type show like this was about $3,500 per episode. Popular characters in higher rated shows get up to $35,000 per episode and Finding Bigfoot was the highest rated show on Animal Planet and they did 100 shows.
And the actors should just be glad they did not find one (particularly early on in the series) since the whole gig would be over. Right now they are good for an other hundrend or more.
Old 4th February 2021, 02:14 PM   #969
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
And the actors should just be glad they did not find one (particularly early on in the series) since the whole gig would be over. Right now they are good for an other hundrend or more.
I watched a bunch of episodes when I was in the UK with increasing amusement.

The title of the show ought to have had a 'Not' at the start!
Old 9th February 2021, 09:59 AM   #970
DennyT
Illuminator

They’re baaaack!
“DON'T STOP BELIEVING! THE "FINDING BIGFOOT" TEAM RETURNS IN "FINDING BIGFOOT: THE SEARCH CONTINUES" STREAMING ON DISCOVERY+ MONDAY, FEB. 8

-Back Together for the First Time in Three Years, Animal Planet's "Finding Bigfoot" Team is Armed with the Latest Equipment and Technologies for All-New, Epic Bigfoot Investigations-“
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2021, 10:21 AM   #971
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Not Finding Bigfoot: The Bull **** Continues!
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2021, 11:47 AM   #972
mysteriousmonsters65
New Blood

Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
They’re baaaack!
“DON'T STOP BELIEVING! THE "FINDING BIGFOOT" TEAM RETURNS IN "FINDING BIGFOOT: THE SEARCH CONTINUES" STREAMING ON DISCOVERY+ MONDAY, FEB. 8

-Back Together for the First Time in Three Years, Animal Planet's "Finding Bigfoot" Team is Armed with the Latest Equipment and Technologies for All-New, Epic Bigfoot Investigations-“
Noooooooooooooooooo ! The same results... Nothing. Bobo on any noise "Yep, that's a squatch !"

Last edited by mysteriousmonsters65; 9th February 2021 at 11:49 AM.
mysteriousmonsters65 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2021, 10:18 AM   #973
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

We also have a thread on Finding Bigfoot.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=210528
Old 10th February 2021, 05:47 PM   #974
Axxman300
Illuminator

I love how none of the TV Bigfoot shows stay in the same location for the entire season. I worked a modest chunk of real estate for 3 years hoping to photograph a Mountain Lion. In that time I found tracks, scat, and evidence of predation almost every time I went into the park.

I never saw the cats once.

But, had I used trail cams, and arranged to stay in the park after sundown my chances would have improved.

These days a week hardly passes without photos and or video of a Mountain Lion caught on private motion-activated security cams, and even doorbell cameras. The county has had to re-write the book on just how common the cats are in this area,

...And yet the same cannot be said for Bigfoot. Why?

And as far as expeditions searching for the large, hairy fellow are concerned, why has no one set up a permanent base at Port Chatham, Alaska?:

https://alaskamagazine.com/authentic...the-mountains/

Here is a place with a few existing structures, and is accessible by air and water in the non-winter months. Sounds like shooting fish in barrel, an easy Nobel Prize, and a ticket to paid lecture-easy street. But no.

If I want to find a gorilla I go to Africa, and then to those places where they live. If I want to find a tiger I go to Asia. The same is true for King Cobras, Koalas, Jaguars (the cat, not car), and any other region-specific creature. Look at how long it took to film Architeuthis in the wild. That team didn't just bop around the globe hoping to get lucky, they did their homework, and searched an area which had the best probability of success. Even then it took a while.

Bigfoot might be hard to find but no creature on earth has been this lucky.
Old 14th February 2021, 11:53 AM   #975
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Oh goody.....the insanity countinues, but hey if they wanted to pay me to travel around and declare "its Bigfeets'!! Heck ya I'm in!!!!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal