IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags BFRO , bigfoot , matt moneymaker , sasquatch

Old 15th May 2008, 09:34 PM   #1
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Moneymakin'! The BFRO Bigfoot Expeditions Thread.

Round up!

Come one! Come all! Are you ready for the magic and the majesty? Are you ready for the truth? Are you ready for THE BOSS OF THE WOODS? Floundering in Florida? Fantastic! Whining in Wyoming? Wicked! Be chillin' in BC? Be cool! If you got the scratch the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization has got scratch for your bigfoot itch at a reasonably forested area near you (preferably private land per special use permit restrictions)! For a low, low $300 we will give you a bigfoot experience to remember.

Upcoming expeditions:

http://bfro.net/news/roundup/exped_next.asp

Expedition FAQ:

http://bfro.net/news/roundup/exped_faq.asp

Expedition testimonials:

http://bfro.net/news/roundup/exped_testimonials.asp

Moderated discussion board with info on past and upcoming expeditions:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=18679

Quote:
The BFRO has identified many potential habitat zones after collecting thousands of sighting reports for more than 10 years. The expeditions target these habitat zones.

Commonly Asked Question: Has anyone ever seen a bigfoot on these expeditions??

The Answer: Yes.

There have been well over 700 attendees, collectively, so far. More than half that number now consider themselves Class B witnesses (They were close enough to hear them).

A least 35 of these people had a Class A sighting.

A "Class A sighting" is a clear sighting -- either in daylight, or under artificial illumination, or in bright moonlight, or with visual aids such as nightvision scopes or thermal scopes. A sighting that is clear enough and close enough to be unmistakeable.

Class A sightings are, by definition, less likely to be misinterpretations than Class B sightings.

Class B sightings are those that occur in poor lighting conditions, or at a distance, or very, very briefly.

Class B incidents are usually auditory (sound) incidents. They might have a minor visual component, or they might have no visual component.

The closest and most impressive encounters with bigfoots are usually Class B incidents. These animals will sometimes approach people very closely at night, in thick brush, or among big trees, where they clearly feel more protected.

The human observers are often not within the brush when this happen, but rather on dirt roads or hiking trails bordering thick brush and/or stands of big trees.

One of the purposes of these expeditions is to show people how these animals operate, so more people can help us identify other habitat areas.

At this stage, many previous expedition attendees have managed to encounter more of these animals in other areas, after learning our techniques for identifying habitat zones and provoking an encounter there.

Naturally, people who have never attended a BFRO expedition might wonder whether this is all some kind a scam. Many new people come with the suspicion that the whole thing might be a setup.

These approaches often reoccur in the same areas long after an expedition is over and everyone has gone home. That's the best proof that these incidents are not a setup.

Too much human pressure in a habitat area can push out these animals, or drive them to more remote portions of a watershed. That's why we do not publicly identify these areas. We want to keep the human pressure to a minimum while learning as much as we can from a given habitat area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An expedition with the BFRO is an opportunity to learn and see and hear many things that cannot easily be seen, or heard or learned anywhere else. You will meet the most active, most experienced, and most knowledgeable bigfoot researchers in person, and in the field, as you can do nowhere else.

You can learn through us in four days what would take you years to learn on your own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials from Previous Participants

Notes from Previous Expeditions

Bigfoot Research in a Nutshell

Special use permit limits and logistical considerations determine the maximum number of people allowed on a given trip.
Some expeditions are limited to 15 people. Others may involve more than 50 people.

To sign up for a particular expedition you must contact the organizer for that expedition. You should only contact an organizer if you have decided that you want to attend, and you've read the Frequently Asked Questions page (the Expedition FAQ).
Have some questions about a bigfoot expedition near you?:

For NORTHERN CALIFORNIA send an email to Brandon Kiel at NCalifornia@BFRO.net

For NEW MEXICO send an email to Dave Warner at New_Mexico@BFRO.net

For MICHIGAN UPPER PENINSULA send an email to B.G.Martin at MichiganUP@BFRO.net

For BRITISH COLUMBIA INTERIOR send an email to Darcy Stoffregen at BCInterior@BFRO.net

For MAINE send an email to Nick Maione at Maine@BFRO.net

For OREGON send an email to Cliff Barackman at Oregon@BFRO.net

For the WASHINGTON CASCADES send an email to Kevin Jones at Washington@BFRO.net

For WYOMING send an email to Brooke Raser at Wyoming@BFRO.net

For BRITISH COLUMBIA COAST send an email to Robert Kennedy at BCCoast@BFRO.net

For ARIZONA send an email to Tim Zamiski at Arizona@BFRO.net

For BC VANCOUVER ISLAND send an email to Blaine McMillan at Vancouver_Island@BFRO.net

For WASHINGTON OLYMPIC PENINSULA send an email to Kristine Walls at Washington@BFRO.net

For CALIFORNIA SIERRA NEVADAS send an email to Cliff Barackman at Sierras@BFRO.net

For COLORADO send an email to Dennis Pfohl at Colorado@BFRO.net

For CALIFORNIA REDWOODS send an email to Brandon Kiel at NCalifornia@BFRO.net

For PENNSYLVANIA send an email to Paul Mateja at Pennsylvania@BFRO.net

I've discussed BFRO expeditions at length in other bigfoot threads but I think we're way overdue to have a thread to address the subject in general. It is often said that bigfootery is one of the harmless types of woo but I think in this case Matt Moneymaker and his BFRO have a pretty well lubed scam going on. IMO, if you are a bigfoot enthusiast that is simply looking to meet other footers and tell some stories by the campfire that is one thing, but this is not how the BFRO markets these expeditions. They know that footers have any number of low cost venues for meeting and they are very specific in enticing bigfoot believers' hopes of encountering the beast.

Now, to fair and to the credit of long-time BF proponents, they almost universally agree that Moneymaker's expeditions are a scam. Nevertheless, the BFRO has 18 expeditions for 2008 and the operation of the expeditions has become one of their top priorities. I think it is extremely important to have as a resource for those curious about these expeditions a critical look at the BFRO's activities and practices regarding the expeditions.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2008, 01:52 AM   #2
kitakaze

Bigfoot Expeditions: Come Along with Us.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1y7CcnRQQiw

(Warning! Nauseating appeal to ignorance follows.)

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2008, 09:21 AM   #3
Drewbot
Philosopher

Wasn't the BFRO associated with Creekfreak at one time?
Wasn't Creekfreak in negotiations to bring the BFRO out to his property for some canned bean surveilance?

There is a rumor going around that this strategic sandboard was bandied about as the SOP for the mission. It's just a rumor however.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2008, 10:06 AM   #4
kitakaze

Slideshow from the BFRO's August expedition on my home island of Vancouver Island:

http://flickr.com/photos/55063726@N0...68054627/show/

They went to the area around Spirit Lake which is 54 km northwest of Campell River on central Vancouver Island.

Highlights include:

- Crisscrossed deadfall labelled as "possible sasquatch markers."

- The erosion that wasn't a cave.

- More deadfall labelled as "possible sasquatch arch."

- Vague impressions in mud listed as "possible foot prints."

- A standing bear.

- A deer.

- Elk droppings listed as "sasquatch food source."

- A native carved figure holding a canoe paddle outside a local McDonald's listed as a "Bigfoot totem pole."

Yes, when Bigfoots are not eating elk or making impressions in the mud that look just like elk they are in fact snacking on elk poo. Like tater tots, really.

Last edited by kitakaze; 19th September 2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:22 PM   #5
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Bigfoot Expeditions: Come Along with Us.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1y7CcnRQQiw

(Warning! Nauseating appeal to ignorance follows.)
"profound otherness"? Simply pathetic.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:40 PM   #6
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Is she chewing gum while looking for Bigfoot through the binoculars?

Quote:
We locate their nests.
...which do not yield one single hair that could be used for scientific documentation.
Old 19th September 2008, 01:55 PM   #7
sanguine
Thinker

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
...which do not yield one single hair that could be used for scientific documentation.
Yeah, I was thinking something like that. After all, thorough genetic studies on entire chimp populations have been done solely via DNA analyses from spoor of various kinds taken from nests.

And hell, I have pet rabbits and have to vacuum every two days to clear out all the fur they leave in their favorite resting areas. Bigfoot must be fastidious to excess, like Ethan Hawke in GATTACA.
sanguine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2008, 11:37 PM   #8
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not going unless they guarantee pig-throwing or butt prints...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2008, 02:39 AM   #9
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon

What's the BFRO's opinion on me bringing a 30.06 rifle with enough rounds to drop a herd of Bigfeetsus if so necessary...and a chainsaw for the delicate procedure of slicing the beast into easy to carry chunks??
Old 21st September 2008, 03:59 AM   #10
kitakaze

Sorry, Madness. BFRO has strict rules about weapons on the expeditions. They don't want you ventilating or eviscerating any of the guys they have standing in the woods knocking stumps, chucking pinecones, and poking your tent where you hide after the fear gets too much.

Old 21st September 2008, 05:48 AM   #11
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Obviously, the only conclusion we can draw from this is BF is really Tony Shalhoub aka "Monk"; nobody else would be as festideous.
Old 21st September 2008, 06:12 AM   #12
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon

Sorry, Madness. BFRO has strict rules about weapons on the expeditions. They don't want you ventilating or eviscerating any of the guys they have standing in the woods knocking stumps, chucking pinecones, and poking your tent where you hide after the fear gets too much.
Precisely...no shooting at the guys out in the woods play acting for the paying customers...wouldn't be good for business afterall.

I'd imagine business would plummet once the fools and their money...errr... Hairy Biped Enthusiasts...found out that the B(ull)S(hite)RO was staging the whole thing with schleps in silly suits out knocking on trees and leaving impressions of their arses in the mud.

It's symptomatic of the Hairy Biped of Unusual Size movement in general. I mean if I'm in the general A.O of a Bigfeetsus knocking sticks on a tree trunk my first inclination would be to lock and load,commence to firing and worry about asking any pertinent questions once we have a heaping pile of blood soaked Hairy Biped DNA,but Bigfoot Nation on the other hand prefers to listen attentively to said spooky Bigfeetsus hijinx,doing nothing whatsoever to gather anything remotely useful from the encounter than they scream from the rafters of how their experience is being ignored by mainstream science.

Go figger huh?

Last edited by Mad Hom; 21st September 2008 at 06:30 AM.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2008, 06:29 AM   #13
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
Precisely...no shooting at the guys out in the woods play acting for the paying customers...wouldn't be good for business afterall.

I'd imagine business would plummet once the fools and their money...errr... Hairy Biped Enthusiasts...found out that the B(ull)S(hite)FRO was staging the whole thing with schleps in silly suits out knocking on trees and leaving impressions of their arses in the mud.
I look at the stories the suckers bring back from those expeditions and I don't think they often if at all even go to the effort to use suits. Beside the risk they might incur by being discovered or shot by someone who is following the expedition they can achieve the results they are looking for without suits and some very hopeful bigfoot enthusiasts. A knock here, a hoot there, and a pinecone at the right time will get those guys so riled up they'll be seeing eyeshine and dark shapes all over the place.

I'm going to post a summary of one of their most recent expeditions that highlights what I mean perfectly.

Old 21st September 2008, 06:37 AM   #14
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon

I look at the stories the suckers bring back from those expeditions and I don't think they often if at all even go to the effort to use suits. Beside the risk they might incur by being discovered or shot by someone who is following the expedition they can achieve the results they are looking for without suits and some very hopeful bigfoot enthusiasts. A knock here, a hoot there, and a pinecone at the right time will get those guys so riled up they'll be seeing eyeshine and dark shapes all over the place.

I'm going to post a summary of one of their most recent expeditions that highlights what I mean perfectly.
You're probably right....by the way do we have a ratio of daytime to night time Bigfeetsus activity on BSRO safaris? To my way of looking at it any daytime tree knocking that did NOT illicit a "let's get closer and maybe shoot it (gun or camera whichever)" type reaction would be absolutely ridiculous.
Old 21st September 2008, 07:56 AM   #15
Stout
Illuminator

Money makin'...I'll say

10+ guys at 300 dollars each.

Bring your own food, supply your own accommodation and transportation

Overhead basically amounts to zero.

Now why didn't I think of that ?

Kitakaze, thanks for the links, I'm not into BF myself, but I do enjoy local content ( I live in Victoria ) I too, don't find this "evil" in any way as these expeditions appear to be marketed to believers, you know, the guys who buy the night vision scopes and IR cameras looking to make the next big discovery. It's not like they're trying to "suck anybody in" here, just giving you an excuse for a camping trip and a reason to drop a hundred bucks a day for someone to organise it.

My inner cynic thinks it would be fun to determine just where an expedition is going, and "seed" the area with Blair Witch type markers, you know, just to up the interestingness factor.
Stout is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2008, 04:34 AM   #16
kitakaze

Starting spring 2009 the BFRO will have its own Canadian network tv series:

http://bfro.net/barna_alper.asp

Move over Rescue Mediums there's some new woo a'comin'.

Expect heavy abuse of night vision cameras on peoples faces while they ask "Did you hear that?", infrared blobs, and pinecone attacks.

Last edited by kitakaze; 22nd September 2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 2nd December 2008, 06:23 PM   #17
kitakaze

BFRO's main financial backer Wally Hersom will provide trail cameras to park rangers:

http://bfro.net/wally_bobcat.asp

BFRO piece on Wally Hersom drawing comparisons to oldtime Bigfoot chase financier Tom Slick:

http://bfro.net/wally.asp

Best of luck to them with that. One wonders with the BFRO's uncanny ability to bring paying customers into close proximity with Bigfoots doesn't have better material already.

Old 2nd December 2008, 07:10 PM   #18
kitakaze

A post from a Monster Quest thread on the BFRO and excuses about focusing on a specific area that I'm too lazy to repost here:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...44#post4213744

Old 2nd December 2008, 10:08 PM   #19
manofthesea
2wu4u

I don't think they often if at all even go to the effort to use suits.
A knock here, a hoot there, and a pinecone at the right time will get those guys so riled up they'll be seeing eyeshine and dark shapes all over the place.

Please do. Don't worry though, I don't expect you to provide any type of evidence for your accusations.

(I've just noticed something peculiar about the bigfoot world, you're welcome to focus on this instead. The list of expeditions that you posted a few posts back were situated in mostly northern states. BFF, run mostly by people who have been disassociated with the BFRO, is teaming with researchers from southern states. Is there a particular reason for this?)
manofthesea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2008, 06:42 PM   #20
kitakaze

Originally Posted by manofthesea View Post
Please do. Don't worry though, I don't expect you to provide any type of evidence for your accusations.
I will make a more detailed posting when I have time. For now here are two links that will get you started:

Past Expedition Notes.

Upcoming Expeditions.

Quote:
(I've just noticed something peculiar about the bigfoot world, you're welcome to focus on this instead. The list of expeditions that you posted a few posts back were situated in mostly northern states. BFF, run mostly by people who have been disassociated with the BFRO, is teaming with researchers from southern states. Is there a particular reason for this?)
Can you be more specific? It is well known among Bigfoot enthusiasts that the BFRO experienced a mass exodus of people, including well known professionals and academics associated with Bigfootery such as Jeff meldrum, out of the BFRO due to issues with head Matthew Moneymaker and a desire to distance themselves with the BFRO's perceived deteriorating reputation.

Old 4th December 2008, 07:12 PM   #21
manofthesea
2wu4u

Can you be more specific? It is well known among Bigfoot enthusiasts that the BFRO experienced a mass exodus of people, including well known professionals and academics associated with Bigfootery such as Jeff meldrum, out of the BFRO due to issues with head Matthew Moneymaker and a desire to distance themselves with the BFRO's perceived deteriorating reputation.
It'd be hard to. I guess you don't remember, but I just found BFF last year. I had never heard about BFRO or BFF, and I've only seen a few regulars bash the BFRO, but they're just the regular sour grapes, they seem to enjoy attacking anybody, even each other. But, almost all of the moderators are distinctly southern. At least the BFRO is out in the field trying to investigate this matter, and they provide encounter reports, investigation follow ups, etc. Which seems the right way to go about an investigation into an unknown subject. You state that Meldrum left BFRO, but he seems to spend his time investigating in Canada, which is more northern than any of our northern states, excepting Alaska.
I've heard BFF people mention the 'Boggy Creek' movie as if it was factual. There seems to be a new group in Texas trying to be scientific about this matter though.

What is "well known to bigfoot enthusiasts" about the seemingly north/south divide and the exodus from BFRO?

Last edited by manofthesea; 4th December 2008 at 07:15 PM.
manofthesea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2008, 07:21 PM   #22
manofthesea
2wu4u

I will make a more detailed posting when I have time. For now here are two links that will get you started:

Past Expedition Notes.

Upcoming Expeditions.

Those are BFRO's own boards. I was asking about any evidence of BFRO people throwing pinecones, deceptively knocking on trees (presumably to act as if that was done by bigfoot), or wearing suits.

Or are those accusations leveled by people who have been disassociated with the BFRO? You know, the sour grapes.
In fact, let me be more exact. Is there any evidence provided by ex members of the BFRO that would implicate the BFRO in fraudulent conduct towards paying expedition people. Or is it the ex members themselves who've stated that they (the ex members) conducted said fraudulent behavior. (And is that possibly why they were then disassociated with the BFRO)

Last edited by manofthesea; 4th December 2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 5th December 2008, 06:55 PM   #23
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
What would the BFRO say about someone bringing a blowgun and a thousand cc's of some nice animal trank? Nappy time for Sasquatch!
Old 5th December 2008, 08:25 PM   #24
ScottSmith
New Blood

kitakaze have you ever attended a BFRO expedition? Well I've attended three this year and enjoyed them all. I learned alot and met some great people. THEY ARE NOT A SCAM. I think what probably happened is you tried to attend an expedition and they declined you. Why else would you rant and rave about it like this?
ScottSmith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2008, 08:37 PM   #25
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

They're here.

Old 5th December 2008, 08:39 PM   #26
SezMe
post-pre-born

Welcome to the fora, ScottSmith!

You are pretty emphatic that the BFRO expeditions are not scams. I'll give you a taste of what is common feedstock around this joint: Do you have evidence to back up your claim?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2008, 09:09 PM   #27
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

Just a brief exhortation to any Bigfeet that might be reading this.
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2008, 09:55 PM   #28
GT/CS
Illuminator

Excellent find.

Thoroughly busted!
Old 6th December 2008, 04:01 AM   #29
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Welcome to the forum, Scott.

Since you've been on these expeditions, maybe you could take a shot (no pun intended) at my question above. Would the BFRO let me take a tranquilizer gun and give ol' Squatch a shot in the bum? We'd all be instantly world-renowned as the ones who brought him back alive.

Or is that against BFRO policy?
Old 6th December 2008, 01:08 PM   #30
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Why am I getting mental images of Desert Jacks Graboid Tours?

But in all fairness, I have to state 2 things.

Regardless of what I think of their "investigative prowess"- They have every right to organize fee based "expeditions" and if people want to attend, more power to them. If they get what they felt they paid for, theres little else to say.

The issue of "scam". I've heard numerous claims from people that they were and some claims of people being asked to scam, make noises, throw stuff and such. So ( in fairness to the BFRO and being a facts and data guy) has ANY claim of this scamming/hoaxing ever been shown to be true? Has there been at least a valid circumstantial case by someone who would know that might be reliable?

If these claims are just unsubstantiated rumor or sour grapes then the BFRO ( or any organization) shouldnt be judged by them or have their business impugned.

If there is a legitimate claim of orchestrating a scam, throw it on the table for the world to see.

Does anyone know of a legitimate claim?

LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2008, 06:41 PM   #31
kitakaze

Originally Posted by ScottSmith View Post
kitakaze have you ever attended a BFRO expedition? Well I've attended three this year and enjoyed them all. I learned alot and met some great people. THEY ARE NOT A SCAM. I think what probably happened is you tried to attend an expedition and they declined you. Why else would you rant and rave about it like this?
Hi, Scott. Welcome to the JREF. I see you heeded the call. I have never been on an expedition with the BFRO though I would be very interested. Considering that I live in Japan it does make things a bit more difficult. Neither have I tried to join one and been refused.

I'm interested in what you experienced in terms of evidence of a giant bipedal non-human North American primate on those three expeditions?

Longtabber makes a very good point. If there is evidence of scamming going on it should be examined. My issue with these expeditions is that the BFRO promotes them with the indication of a high chance of encountering Bigfoot in some manner. The evidence of these encounters consistently comes in the form of something easily accomplished by people in the woods. Did you happen to go on the expedtion with members cowering in fear, thinking they were being corraled by highly organized Bigfoot pinecone lobbing?

Let me make this perfectly clear for you. If you want to go on $300 Bigfoot expeditions, that is absolutely your right. I'm sure you have a very good time. Bigfootery is a social networking activity so you should expected to do such things. Let me ask you a simple question. If Bigfoot really exists across the North American continent and beyond... If it lives, eats, poops, sleeps, humps, makes babies, and dies across the land... If it does these things and your organization can consistently locate them across the continent for paying individuals...

Why can't your organization come up with reliable evidence of these encounters?

Old 6th December 2008, 07:25 PM   #32
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Here is an interesting post from BFF that quotes a post from BFRO .. http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=24394

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread....readid=1976968
Quote:
QUOTE(Moneymaker)
The bottom line: BFRO members and supporters need to help counter-act this BFF-originated propaganda.

Here's what you can do, easily:

1) Do a Google search for "BFRO Expeditions" to look for those threads. Then join those message boards. If you've attended a BFRO expedition, tell them so. Set them straight about the expeditions, and how this "scam" propaganda got started on that rival web site, the BFF.

2) If someone else has not done so already on that forum, start a new thread asking the same kind of question: "Has anyone ever attended a BFRO expedition?" then let others on this (blue) forum know about your thread so they can reply.

Yes, nothing can stop envious BFFers from going to those same threads and continuing to talk crap, but the truth will shine through.

The simple fact is, at this point in time, there are MANY MANY MORE expedition attendees than there are obsessive liars on the BFF.

The people who are considering attending future BFRO expeditions should not be falsely prejudiced by envious people who have never attended these trips.
At present, this thread ( ' Moneymakin ... etc. ' ) shows up at #5 , when you Google " BFRO expeditions "..

So hopefully, we can look forward to more expeditionees joining our discussions...

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 6th December 2008 at 07:27 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2008, 07:33 PM   #33
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

I'm curious.

Exactly what thread or post at the BFF "launched" this claim of the BFRO "scamming" people?

If it started there, why the alleged MM post here?

Did i miss something or was it pulled?
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2008, 07:38 PM   #34
mikeyx
Banned

Originally Posted by LONGTABBER PE View Post
I'm curious.

Exactly what thread or post at the BFF "launched" this claim of the BFRO "scamming" people?

It was on the BFRO public forum from MM himself
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2008, 07:53 PM   #35
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I'm curious.

I think MM focused on the BFF when the blatant claim of scamming was posted here..

I did a search of " BFRO + scamming " over at BFF, and failed to come up with any recent, outright claim of people being scammed on expeditions..

Perhaps he was reluctant to point his members toward a clearly skeptical venue, as opposed to a group of fellow believers.

Ironically, in suggesting the " Google and join other forums " tactic, he will be steering a bunch of them this way ..
Old 6th December 2008, 08:01 PM   #36
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyx View Post
It was on the BFRO public forum from MM himself
If I'm understanding you correctly, there is/was another post there where he pointed to something specific and its no longer there?

If so, do you remember what it was or said?

I dont know what tripped his trigger but its reasonable to accept that something specific did. ( something of significance had to happen for him to start a thread and allegedly come here and make a threatening post to KK you would think)

Its no secret that many INDIVIDUALS on the BFF have an axe to grind with him personally or the BFRO and there are many adverse posts there but to say that the BFF as a forum has some kind of agenda or is actively promoting or endorsing adverse comments regarding the BFRO is totally false on its face and unsubstantiated by fact.

I just feel that there might be an as yet unknown backstory here.
Old 6th December 2008, 08:51 PM   #37
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

If I'm understanding you correctly, there is/was another post there where he pointed to something specific and its no longer there?

If so, do you remember what it was or said?

I dont know what tripped his trigger but its reasonable to accept that something specific did. ( something of significance had to happen for him to start a thread and allegedly come here and make a threatening post to KK you would think)

Its no secret that many INDIVIDUALS on the BFF have an axe to grind with him personally or the BFRO and there are many adverse posts there but to say that the BFF as a forum has some kind of agenda or is actively promoting or endorsing adverse comments regarding the BFRO is totally false on its face and unsubstantiated by fact.

I just feel that there might be an as yet unknown backstory here.
What tripped his trigger was of course money. Times are getting worse money is getting tight. Less and less folks can part with $300 to go play super boyscout for a couple of days looking for Bigfoot. So the last thing BFRO needs right now is a thread or threads here and elsewhere that may cause people not to part with the money.
Crowlogic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2008, 10:23 PM   #38
kitakaze

I want to be clear that I don't think on every single expedition there are created events. I also think that absolutely when you have a gaggle of Bigfoot enthusiasts out camping together they are going to create there own events. Just think of somebody like MOTS in the woods. There going to find some Bigfoot activity. Also it stands to reason that Moneymaker has to be very careful with what kind of "encouragement" can take place on his camping trips. I don't think he would ever be dumb enough to have someone in a suit when it's completely unnecessary to achieve the results desired. All you need is just enough to say "maybe." When all you have to do is throw a few things, whack a few trees, or howl from the other side of the valley and the result is great feedback for your business, I don't think it takes long before some funny business is going on.

Here is some links to some posts I did in the 411 PGF thread on the BFRO's 2007 Vancouver Island expedition:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...37#post2974537

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...71#post2975371

These are some prime examples of a situation ripe for hoaxing and some very embarrassing behaviour by Bigfoot fans.

Old 7th December 2008, 12:00 AM   #39
manofthesea
2wu4u

Just think of somebody like MOTS in the woods. There going to find some Bigfoot activity.
hehe. Finally picked up a new dog friend for my husky. He's a one year old ridgeback.
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27796...00173520jxBuZo

I don't think that they'd run from 'bigolstinky'.

However, living in Hawaii, I'm limited in my bigfoot hunting. I've mentioned before that I have numerous family members that bowhunt and 30.06 hunt and they have the green light from me to 'you know what'.

I wouldn't pay to hike, but I was more curious in seeing if you had any evidence, proof, or just hearsay regarding your repeated accusations of BFRO malfeasance.

I did mention an interesting story on BFF awhile back. There was a discussion about the lack of fossilized remains and I mentioned that I had met an individual in eastern Washington who stated that he 'donated' a fossilized spear to a local museum at Iniat, Wa. He also stated he had access to a couple of very interesting sites that nobody knew about, very old, but since the museum jacked him he would no longer work with them. That was while on a water skiing tour of eastern Washington (my style of bigfooting). Nothing like wakeboarding while the forest service is scooping water for wildfires (Hit it!).
Old 7th December 2008, 12:41 AM   #40
tube
Muse

I have to wonder how many people willing to shell out money to go on a BFRO "expedition" are familiar with the Sonoma scandal.

An excerpt from the Penn and Teller expose' found here on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3BvR6pW-pQ

Yeah, even our favorite bacon-grease-enhanced researchers understand what the BFRO is all about...

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.

Last edited by tube; 7th December 2008 at 12:43 AM.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal