IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th February 2021, 12:15 PM   #41
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

So it's aliens, then?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 05:36 PM   #42
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Russia, ha! Have you SEEN the Albert Hall lately?

Last edited by Spektator; 18th February 2021 at 05:38 PM. Reason: There's no I in team, but there is a U in you.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 06:24 PM   #43
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Link in OP won't open

Eta, just realised the thread is from the cryogenic store.

Eta 2 hope the local police are looking into it.

Eta3 Bloody ninja'd by stray cat, about 8 years ago too.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP

Last edited by welshdean; 18th February 2021 at 06:28 PM.
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 06:49 PM   #44
Venom
Illuminator

Lower a microphone into the lowest point and you can hear the flames and screams of hell.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 07:43 PM   #45
Dude111
Critical Thinker

Very interesting indeed!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 11:06 PM   #46
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by welshdean View Post
Link in OP won't open

Eta, just realised the thread is from the cryogenic store.

Eta 2 hope the local police are looking into it.

Eta3 Bloody ninja'd by stray cat, about 8 years ago too.
Here's the original blog via WayBack Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160606...n-forests.html

The hole has all the characteristics of a drilled bore.
Nothing like the latest tundra cratering.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 11:49 AM   #47
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Here's the original blog via WayBack Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160606...n-forests.html

The hole has all the characteristics of a drilled bore.
Nothing like the latest tundra cratering.
Thanks for that.
Unfortunately, both links wonít open, on my laptop or iPad Pro??.?.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 01:46 PM   #48
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I've seen one and it feels like the hole was made just for me.

[For any Junji Ito fans here]
Old 20th February 2021, 01:59 PM   #49
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Lower a microphone into the lowest point and you can hear the flames and screams of hell.
No, the Door to Hell is in Turkmenistan.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 03:18 PM   #50
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Russia, ha! Have you SEEN the Albert Hall lately?
Full of holes, I hear. And they know how many it takes to fill it.
Old 20th February 2021, 05:19 PM   #51
EHocking
Philosopher

Thanks for that.
It is slow and the original blog was pretty crap.
I found the links and previews on an iPad, so I canít explain why youíd not see it.
I can only suggest you copy the links in the OP and paste into the Wayback Machine site?
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 09:46 AM   #52
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Thanks for that.
Worked for me but it did take a long time to load for some reason.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 12:16 PM   #53
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Worked for me but it did take a long time to load for some reason.
Ah! If sites donít load after 20 or so secs, I tend to abort. Iíve seen them now and Iím none the wiser.
Old 25th February 2021, 02:57 PM   #54
EHocking
Philosopher

Bores.
Old 25th February 2021, 05:45 PM   #55
pzkpfw
Student

Marjorie Taylor Greene has a theory ...
pzkpfw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2021, 06:15 PM   #56
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
Marjorie Taylor Greene has a theory ...

...it could be bunnies?
Old 5th March 2021, 10:25 AM   #57
TheSupermeerkat
Muse

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
...it could be bunnies?
Jewish bunnies with lasers.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal