ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Michael Avenatti

Reply
Old 28th July 2018, 07:42 PM   #241
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 39,043
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Checks in.

No contradiction of my post about Michael Avenati in the Michael Avenatti thread.

No surprise
For some strange reason I have never felt the need to defend Avenatti.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2018, 08:38 PM   #242
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18,942
Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
For some strange reason I have never felt the need to defend Avenatti.
He doesn't really matter. He simply is the messenger.
__________________
ď A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. Ē
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2018, 08:45 PM   #243
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,790
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
He doesn't really matter. He simply is the messenger.
He's a doppelganger for Republican partisans to use in place of Trump, much as Franken was a doppelganger for Roy Moore.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2018, 08:56 PM   #244
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,058
Well, we asked the Vienna Boys Choir but none of them were up for being the first to stab Caesar. We had to go with someone not so pure. Avanatti is perfect for the job.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 05:59 AM   #245
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 39,043
I see that no one has denied my claim that I don't care about Avenatti.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 07:52 AM   #246
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,058
He's a pig but he's a loyal, patriotic pig who loves his country. He's just the pig we need right now. Better than Guilliani, who is a pig and a traitor.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 11:15 AM   #247
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,773
Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I see that no one has denied my claim that I don't care about Avenatti.
He posts in the Avennati thread.

Bit of next level self own there, hmm?

Laughing dog.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 11:33 AM   #248
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher
 
TheGoldcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,722
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
He posts in the Avennati thread.

Bit of next level self own there, hmm?

Laughing dog.
Maybe he just likes your posts, TBD.
__________________
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I'm still pretty sure that you're wrong. -Akhenaten
I sometimes think the Bible was inspired by Satan to make God look bad. And then it backfired on Him when He underestimated the stupidity of religious ideologues. -MontagK505
TheGoldcountry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 12:50 PM   #249
Steve
Illuminator
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,985
Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
Maybe he just likes your posts, TBD.
There is the humor sub-forum and then there is this thread. Matter of opinion where the best entertainment is. This thread doe have the disadvantage of becoming repetitious. New material s required to keep it going.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 02:22 PM   #250
Doubt
Philosopher
 
Doubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,766
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
He posts in the Avennati thread.

Bit of next level self own there, hmm?

Laughing dog.
I started this thread and I don't even care about Avennati. I do follow current events, however.
__________________
Doubt world tour locations:

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 04:37 PM   #251
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,773
Absolute dream thread, no one disagrees with me or contradicts anything I write, nor can they.

Fantastic.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 04:55 PM   #252
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18,942
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Absolute dream thread, no one disagrees with me or contradicts anything I write, nor can they.

Fantastic.
I wonder why that is? Could it be that we don't care? That whatever issues this lawyer has it doesn't change the President's actions.

It doesn't changed that Trump screwed around on his wife with porn stars. It doesn't change that Trump paid at least 5 women for their silence and Avenatti is representing 3 of them.

What I love about Avenatti is that he is effectively exposing Trump as the scumbag he is. Does that mean that Avenatti doesn't have his own issues that are questionable? No. But Avenatti has never been on a ballot. Avenatti is a good tv attorney which Giuliani is not. Hes a fighter, he's smart and he's articulate. They love him on CNN and MSNBC.
__________________
ď A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. Ē
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 05:18 PM   #253
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,622
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Absolute dream thread, no one disagrees with me or contradicts anything I write, nor can they.

Fantastic.
Speaking of own-goaling...

fan∑tas∑tic adjective

1. informal extraordinarily good or attractive.
2. imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 05:45 PM   #254
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,529
Lol are you celebrating "winning" a thread? This is a thread of rational participants. No one is contesting your statements because blind partisanship doesn't effect everyone the same. It looks like Michael has some issues, the rest of us just don't have the interest in being labeled as hypocrites. If he's a shady person and has broken the law then he should be held accountable. Simple as that. No one here seems to have an interest in making excuses for him while not holding others to the same standards. Some people have no issues with that, to each their own I guess.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

ďThere are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.Ē - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 07:14 PM   #255
Doubt
Philosopher
 
Doubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,766
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Absolute dream thread, no one disagrees with me or contradicts anything I write, nor can they.

Fantastic.
No, Avenatti and what people think of him are not binary support or oppose conditions. Not caring is not the same as agreeing or not disagreeing.
__________________
Doubt world tour locations:

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 09:46 PM   #256
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,773
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
No, Avenatti and what people think of him are not binary support or oppose conditions. Not caring is not the same as agreeing or not disagreeing.
Yet, they are not disagreeing, they are certainly not posting any facts to contradict the lights out posts I have been posting.

They say they donít are, heck you started the thread and say you dont Care.

Curious when one demonstrates that the subject of the thread is beneath contempt that our correspondents claim they donít care

Huh
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2018, 02:14 AM   #257
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,622
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yet, they are not disagreeing, they are certainly not posting any facts to contradict the lights out posts I have been posting.

They say they donít are, heck you started the thread and say you dont Care.

Curious when one demonstrates that the subject of the thread is beneath contempt that our correspondents claim they donít care

Huh
But you've completely failed to demonstrate why anyone should care. Framing that failure as a success is a rather Trumpian thing to do.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2018, 02:30 AM   #258
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 19,347
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yet, they are not disagreeing, they are certainly not posting any facts to contradict the lights out posts I have been posting.

They say they don’t are, heck you started the thread and say you dont Care.

Curious when one demonstrates that the subject of the thread is beneath contempt that our correspondents claim they don’t care

Huh
Beneath contempt for failing morals standards that are never applied to Trump sycophants, family, or Dear Leader himself.
__________________
'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.' - Richard Feynman
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2018, 04:01 AM   #259
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,622
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Beneath contempt for failing morals standards that are never applied to Trump sycophants, family, or Dear Leader himself.
Yes, if Avenatti is beneath contempt then Trump is beyond description. Hypocrisy is a common human fault, but trying to defend Trump by smearing Avenatti seems to be hoping that other people have moral standards that he does not. Unfortunately, the strategy only works on people who don't know anything about Trump.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2018, 06:16 AM   #260
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,058
Meh, Avenatti did some sleazy stuff as a lawyer. Jefferson owned slaves. Patriots do seem to have a history of coming with baggage.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2018, 01:31 PM   #261
Doubt
Philosopher
 
Doubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,766
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yet, they are not disagreeing, they are certainly not posting any facts to contradict the lights out posts I have been posting.
Disagreeing will not serve a useful purpose. You will not be convinced of anything other that what you already believe, so that would be pointless. None of the accusations have had any impact on his client or her case. They probably never will.

Quote:
They say they donít are, heck you started the thread and say you dont Care.
I see you have not figured out why I started this thread. There are two reasons. One was a failed attempt at influencing someone else. The other was to be a shiny object to distract from off topic postings in another thread.


Quote:
Curious when one demonstrates that the subject of the thread is beneath contempt that our correspondents claim they donít care

Huh
What you don't seem to grasp is that Avenatti's actions are not relevant to much of anything unless they impact his client's case. Add to that anything you can hit him with can easily just look at Trump's record and find an equivalent action. Maybe you could start another thread just to compare the two. Start a short list of one man's shortcomings and see what parallels we can find.
__________________
Doubt world tour locations:

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2018, 07:50 AM   #262
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,773
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
Disagreeing will not serve a useful purpose. You will not be convinced of anything other that what you already believe, so that would be pointless. None of the accusations have had any impact on his client or her case. They probably never will.



I see you have not figured out why I started this thread. There are two reasons. One was a failed attempt at influencing someone else. The other was to be a shiny object to distract from off topic postings in another thread.




What you don't seem to grasp is that Avenatti's actions are not relevant to much of anything unless they impact his client's case. Add to that anything you can hit him with can easily just look at Trump's record and find an equivalent action. Maybe you could start another thread just to compare the two. Start a short list of one man's shortcomings and see what parallels we can find.
Of course they have, he had to withdraw from the NY case because of his sleazy thirsty reputation, just to name one.

Further, as I have pointed out repeatedly, Thirsty is all sett to speak at the Democratic WingDing which is precursor to running for President, as such the claim "Avenatti's actions are not relevant to much of anything unless they impact his client's case" is spectacularly false.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2018, 09:10 AM   #263
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,924
Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
Maybe he just likes your posts, TBD.
It's the only reason I'm here: hypocrisy in full form!
__________________
I once proposed a fun ban.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2018, 12:42 PM   #264
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,773
The judge today ruled that @SheraBechard has persuasive evidence that @MichaelAvenatti illegally pressured her former lawyer into handing over her confidential information. Only @MichaelAvenatti or @realDonaldTrump would call that a “bogus” lawsuit.

Basta baby!

https://twitter.com/PeterStris/statu...41502273122304
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.