ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags assassinations , JFK assassination , John F. Kennedy , Kennedy conspiracies

Old 15th October 2018, 10:14 PM   #1881
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
What can I say, Axxman300? You do it for me, bro. You tickle my undercarriage! Just found this classic post:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=3236
Glad you're enjoying the show.

I'm just here doing my penance to make up for all the years I spread JFK-CT Woo. MJ doesn't seem to understand that this is just a game, and Hank and I know the rules because we helped write them in our CT days.
Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM   #1882
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Glad you're enjoying the show.

I'm just here doing my penance to make up for all the years I spread JFK-CT Woo. MJ doesn't seem to understand that this is just a game, and Hank and I know the rules because we helped write them in our CT days.
I wouldn't refer to your experience as penance, rather civic duty to ensure that the truth is presented.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #1883
Axxman300
Illuminator

Speaking of the truth...

On this day, October 16, 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald begins his first day of work at the Texas School Book Depository.

Not out of grand design, but because his wife's landlady's friend's brother was complaining about all the overtime he was working.

Simple, random fate puts Oswald in the building.
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #1884
Axxman300
Illuminator

Oh, and on this date in 1962 the Cuban Missile Crisis begins.

Beware the Ides of October.

Last edited by Axxman300; Yesterday at 01:51 PM.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #1885
HSienzant
Illuminator

SIXTH REQUEST!

Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Micah Java, still awaiting your reasoned response and your defense of John Armstrong, the conspiracy loon you cited. Please note that ignoring the below is not a reasoned response. A dismissal of the points made is not a reasoned response. Changing the subject is not a reasoned response.
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Hilarious. You've been told before that a conspiracy article isn't a valid citation. Armstrong (who believes there were TWO Lee Harvey Oswalds and TWO Marguerite Oswalds [Oswald's mother]) nonsense was reviewed above.

Quoting from the article YOU just cited:
Minutes before 12:30 PM, on the morning of November 22, 1963 many people observed two men on the 6th floor as the Presidential motorcade approached Dealey Plaza. [emphasis added]
Armstrong then goes on to name some witnesses and falsely summarize their testimony. I would like to point out the absolute false way Armstrong summarized Tom Dillard's testimony to the Warren Commission (this is prevalent throughout the conspiracy literature you read, believe, and cite here).
Tom Dillard, the chief news photographer of the Dallas Morning News, saw two men in the arched windows on the 6th floor of the Book Depository as the car he was riding in turned the corner from Main onto Houston. [emphasis added]
That's simply made up by Armstrong. Tom Dillard said no such thing. His testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/dillard.htm
Mr. BALL - Did you hear something unusual as you were driving north on Houston?
Mr. DILLARD - Yes; I heard an explosion which I made the comment that I believe, in my memory, I believe I said, "My God, They've thrown a torpedo" and why I said "torpedo", I don't know. If you wish, I'll go ahead -
Mr. BALL - Go ahead with your story.
Mr. DILLARD - Well, then I later estimated, immediately later, estimated, oh, 4, about 3 or 4 seconds, another explosion and my comment was, "No, It's heavy rifle fire," and I remember very distinctly I said, "It's very heavy rifle fire."
Mr. BALL - How many explosions did you hear?
Mr. DILLARD - I heard three - the three approximately equally spaced.
Mr. BALL - What is your best estimate of the position of your car with reference to the turn at Main and Houston when you heard the first explosion?
Mr. DILLARD - Perhaps, oh, just a few feet around the corner and it seems we had slowed a great deal. It seems that our car had slowed down so that we were moving rather slowly and perhaps just passed the turn when I heard the first explosion.
Mr. BALL - Did you hear anyone in your car say anything?
Mr. DILLARD - Well, after the third shot I know my comment was, "They killed him." I don't know why I said that but Jackson - there was some running comment about what can we do or where is it coming from and we were all looking. We had an absolutely perfect view of the School Depository from our position in an open car, and Bob Jackson said, "There's a rifle barrel up there." I said, "Where?" I had my camera ready. He said, "It's in that open window." Of course, there were several open windows and I scanned the building.
Mr. BALL - Which building?
Mr. DILLARD - The School Book Depository. And at the same time I brought my camera up and I was looking for the window. Now this was after the third shot and Jackson said, "there's the rifle barrel up there." And then he said it was the second from the top in the right hand side, and I swung it and there was two figures below, and I just shot with one camera, 100-mm. Lens on a 35-mm. Camera which is approximately a two times daily photo twice normal lens and a wide angle on a 35-mm. Which took in a considerable portion of the building and I shot those pictures in rapid sequence with the two cameras.
Mr. BALL - You shot how many pictures?
Mr. DILLARD - Two pictures.
. . .
Mr. BALL - Did you see a rifle barrel?
Mr. DILLARD - No.
Mr. BALL - But you did see some figures or forms in the window?
Mr. DILLARD - Only in the windows which was the windows below.
[emphasis added]
Here's one of the photos Dillard took. It shows the two men in the fifth floor window. The sniper's nest window is vacant, because Dillard didn't snap his photo in time.

http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/wp-...MC-683x540.jpg

Armstrong takes the mention of the two black men in the fifth floor windows below the sixth floor Sniper's nest window and presents Dillard's testimony as if Dillard said he saw two men in the Sniper's Nest window. That is false. That's not true. That's not easy to misunderstand, as Dillard's photographs were published within hours of the assassination, and show the two men Dillard later referenced in his testimony.

That's why you get no traction here. You quote lies by conspiracy authors and expect us to accept them simply because you do.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to once again point out that your sources are lying to you, and lying to all their readers.

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #1886
smartcooky
Philosopher

Hey, micahjava

I thought I would ask you this again, since you seems to have... ahem.... missed it the first time I posted it...

Originally Posted by You
Its like comparing shooting the legs off a stool with shooting off the stool part. The footage shows no initial forward movement of the dummy's head.
Originally Posted by Me
Have a think about the BIG difference between a real human head on a living person, and a ballistics gel recreation of a head and shoulders resting on a target table, and you should be able to work out for yourself why there is no forward movement on impact.
I repeat, I'll be really disappointed if you need to have this explained to you.
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #1887
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Hey, micahjava

I thought I would ask you this again, since you seems to have... ahem.... missed it the first time I posted it...

I repeat, I'll be really disappointed if you need to have this explained to you.
I don't care about the dummy's head moving backwards. The 6.5 round exiting in a mostly straight line through the base of the skull was the important part.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #1888
MicahJava
Master Poster

Your link doesn't work because you cut and pasted too much material.
That's like an excuse Donald Trump would make. More than one layer of hilariously not true.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #1889
MicahJava
Master Poster

Speaking of the truth...

On this day, October 16, 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald begins his first day of work at the Texas School Book Depository.

Not out of grand design, but because his wife's landlady's friend's brother was complaining about all the overtime he was working.

Simple, random fate puts Oswald in the building.
Weren't there employees who were laid off?
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #1890
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I don't care about the dummy's head moving backwards. The 6.5 round exiting in a mostly straight line through the base of the skull was the important part.
And that's exactly what happened when you take into account the position of JFK's head, and the angle of the shot from the 6th floor.

So your point is what, exactly?
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #1891
Axxman300
Illuminator

Weren't there employees who were laid off?
No. At least not that Wesley Buell Frazier says, and it was his sister who mentioned to Ruth Paine about a possible job opening.

Even so, what difference would it make if they had cleaned house?

The Texas trip is nowhere near being finalized by the White House.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #1892
Axxman300
Illuminator

That's like an excuse Donald Trump would make. More than one layer of hilariously not true.
I click the hidden icon and it doesn't open.

I can only see it in the quote feature, and you just cut and pasted a spam entry without reading it.

I'm sure everyone notices you've ignored Hume's statement...again.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories