ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 28th August 2019, 02:57 PM   #2001
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Maybe that's where your faulty reasoning lies. You imagine, 'I wouldn't have committed such a terrible crime' and extrapolate from that that Knox is just like you as she is from Seattle and you are from nearby Iowa.

Look, read her early essays posted on MySpace. She writes in graphic detail about murdering 'chicks' and their getting it in the neck.

Koko saw her lying in wait by the bins.

She was after Mez - thought the better-looking, cleverer, taller, with handsome ski-ing boyfriend whom she herself had fancied - with a vengeance consumed with her angry belief Mez had 'stolen her job', never mind her 'boyfriend'(all in her mind), not to mention avoiding Knox like the plague over Halloween and not inviting Ms Billy-No-Mates to join her group for partying, Mez being highly popular and Knox not at all.

Wow.

A psychiatrist would, I have no doubt, be able to draw all sorts of inferences about the sort of mind that had invented this latest twisted (and, as usual, evidence-free) fantasy. And I'm equally sure the term "projection" would feature highly in that psychiatrist's conclusions.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2019, 03:32 PM   #2002
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Wow.

A psychiatrist would, I have no doubt, be able to draw all sorts of inferences about the sort of mind that had invented this latest twisted (and, as usual, evidence-free) fantasy. And I'm equally sure the term "projection" would feature highly in that psychiatrist's conclusions.
My favorites were the highlighted parts:

Quote:
Maybe that's where your faulty reasoning lies. You imagine, 'I wouldn't have committed such a terrible crime' and extrapolate from that that Knox is just like you as she is from Seattle and you are from nearby Iowa.

Look, read her early essays posted on MySpace. She writes in graphic detail about murdering 'chicks' and their getting it in the neck.

Koko saw her lying in wait by the bins.

She was after Mez - thought the better-looking, cleverer, taller, with handsome ski-ing boyfriend whom she herself had fancied - with a vengeance consumed with her angry belief Mez had 'stolen her job', never mind her 'boyfriend'(all in her mind), not to mention avoiding Knox like the plague over Halloween and not inviting Ms Billy-No-Mates to join her group for partying, Mez being highly popular and Knox not at all.
Oh, dear....did I just highlight 95% of Vix's post?

Oops.. that's Vix' as in Vix' Big Blue Book of Erroneous Punctuation.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2019, 03:47 PM   #2003
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post

The box' insides (when Sollecito's knife was placed into it) were far from sterile.

The double helix' gene arrangements (in respect of Kercher's alleged DNA on Sollecito's knife) were utterly unreliable and non-credible.

The fox' provenance (in respect of the "Foxy Knoxy" nickname) had everything to do with her mid-teen footballer identity, and nothing to do with anything sexual.

The Minx' attempts to mislead the court over the handing over of the raw DNA control data (I like to call Comodi "The Minx" because, well, she just acts like a minx) were risible and unlawful.

Can I submit these for entry into the Big Blue Book as well?!
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2019, 03:54 PM   #2004
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I am rarely wrong as my assertions are based on well-founded facts or sources.
You can't even admit that something so inconsequential as writing Vix' is incorrect. You've been given the correct way to form such a possessive (Vix's) from a BRITISH site, yet you continue to use Vix'.

You can't admit that Sollecito is not left-handed, that he did not own a Napapijri jacket or that no white cap with a red band was found by the police in his apartment. You can't admit that negative TMB tests prove all those luminol revealed footprints were not in blood. You can't admit that no blood on the knife indicates it was not the murder weapon. You cannot admit that finding the Y DNA of 3 other men on the bra hook indicates contamination. You cannot admit that Knox and Sollecito would have gotten rid of the bath mat, or at least washed it, if that footprint belonged to Sollecito instead of pointing it out to the police. You cannot admit that Kokomani's story was ridiculous even though he claimed to see some something that was impossible (Knox and her uncle in Perugia before she ever arrived there). You cannot admit that Kercher's alleged DNA on the knife was impossible considering the complete lack of blood on the knife which could only have been accomplished by soaking it in bleach, thus destroying any DNA. You cannot admit that NO ONE ever reported any arguments or even raised words between Knox and Kercher or Knox ever having said a negative word about Kercher. Hell, you can't even admit that Knox was a freaking SUSPECT, not merely a 'witness' before she ever set foot in that questura on Nov. 5 even though Mignini and the police have admitted she was. Give me a break that you are 'rarely wrong'. Only narcissists think they're rarely wrong.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2019, 03:55 PM   #2005
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Of course not. The great thing about the flight is while the press were able to get seats on the large plane, they didn't get near Amanda. They really wasted their time and money.

And of course it didn't take rocket scientists within the media to figure out that once they knew Knox and her family had travelled to Rome and had boarded a morning BA Rome-London flight, the overwhelming likelihood (given a cursory examination of the London-Seattle flights timetable for later that same day) was that Knox was going to be on that specific LHR-SEA flight (which was a BA flight with an American codeshare - I've been on that exact flight a few times). Though I imagine that at least a few of the media operators would have planned to put other reporters onto other LHR-SEA flights as well, as a contingency.

As I say, it didn't take rocket scientists in the media to figure this out very easily. But I can fully understand how most of the pro-guilt community wouldn't have been able to figure it out for themselves.......
Old 28th August 2019, 03:56 PM   #2006
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I really like that Vixen calls Iowa nearby. Only 1559 miles from Seattle to Sioux City which is in the NW corner of Iowa. That's 2508 Kilometers. 700 more kilometers further than it is between London and Rome. I drove it last year.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2019, 04:04 PM   #2007
Stacyhs
Philosopher

The box' insides (when Sollecito's knife was placed into it) were far from sterile.

The double helix' gene arrangements (in respect of Kercher's alleged DNA on Sollecito's knife) were utterly unreliable and non-credible.

The fox' provenance (in respect of the "Foxy Knoxy" nickname) had everything to do with her mid-teen footballer identity, and nothing to do with anything sexual.

The Minx' attempts to mislead the court over the handing over of the raw DNA control data (I like to call Comodi "The Minx" because, well, she just acts like a minx) were risible and unlawful.

Can I submit these for entry into the Big Blue Book as well?!
Certainly. But I'm sure Vix will be along any time now with a source supporting her claim that a word ending in X can be made a possessive by merely adding an apostrophe to the X.
Old 28th August 2019, 04:15 PM   #2008
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'm usually mad when I find myself responding to Vixen. That is mad at myself. I know her nonsense doesn't matter and somehow she suckered me down her rabbit hole. I'm still a little curious about Amanda and Raffaele and how it all turns out. I use to worry more about Amanda as she always seemed more vulnerable, but now I worry more about Raffaele.

And here we are talking about money. Imagine how hard this would have been if the two didn't have the resources to fight this injustice? I know if this had happened to me I would have been screwed. It's unfair that the government doesn't reimburse them. The measly amount the ECHR awarded Amanda is nothing in the scheme of things.
>snip for irrelevancy<
Vixen, could you please point out to me exactly where acbytesla said anything close to 'I wouldn't have committed such a terrible crime' or even mentioned Seattle or Iowa? I'd like to see exactly how your brain works and derives any of that from what acbytesla actually said. I imagine it looks something like this:

Old 28th August 2019, 04:15 PM   #2009
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

And of course it didn't take rocket scientists within the media to figure out that once they knew Knox and her family had travelled to Rome and had boarded a morning BA Rome-London flight, the overwhelming likelihood (given a cursory examination of the London-Seattle flights timetable for later that same day) was that Knox was going to be on that specific LHR-SEA flight (which was a BA flight with an American codeshare - I've been on that exact flight a few times). Though I imagine that at least a few of the media operators would have planned to put other reporters onto other LHR-SEA flights as well, as a contingency.

As I say, it didn't take rocket scientists in the media to figure this out very easily. But I can fully understand how most of the pro-guilt community wouldn't have been able to figure it out for themselves.......
It really is kind of amazing many in the press did just that. Last minute tickets are expensive. And for what? Did any of them really expect to get some kind of exclusive? What I loved at the time was how the media really got nowhere near Amanda for quite a while.

They were able to leave in vans using the tarmac so the press couldn't follow in cars. There were also local tv news helicopters following the vans and they were able to ditch the choppers by some kind of switch under a freeway overpass. The vans also split up and yet when they got back to the Knox and separate Mellas residences Amanda was nowhere to be found.

That was slick.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2019, 04:23 PM   #2010
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Vixen, could you please point out to me exactly where acbytesla said anything close to 'I wouldn't have committed such a terrible crime' or even mentioned Seattle or Iowa? I'd like to see exactly how your brain works and derives any of that from what acbytesla actually said. I imagine it looks something like this:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...70b120a471.png
I must have said I was from Iowa sometime in the past. I give Vixen kudos for remembering that. But I don't know why it was worth mentioning. I have lived in and around Seattle most of life though.
Old 28th August 2019, 04:33 PM   #2011
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

It really is kind of amazing many in the press did just that. Last minute tickets are expensive. And for what? Did any of them really expect to get some kind of exclusive? What I loved at the time was how the media really got nowhere near Amanda for quite a while.

They were able to leave in vans using the tarmac so the press couldn't follow in cars. There were also local tv news helicopters following the vans and they were able to ditch the choppers by some kind of switch under a freeway overpass. The vans also split up and yet when they got back to the Knox and separate Mellas residences Amanda was nowhere to be found.

That was slick.

No, but but but..... Knox and her family were positively COURTING press attention! That's what Vixen said, and - as she herself reminded us - she is "rarely wrong as (her) assertions are based on well-founded facts or sources". I'm similarly confused as to why Knox and her family chose not to engage with those reporters who had got onto the LHR-SEA flight - per Vixen's "rarely wrong and "well-founded facts or sources" assertion, Knox and family should have been absolutely clamouring to talk with those reporters in-flight.

So, yeah, I'm baffled. I mean, it seems hugely unlikely (at the very least) that Vixen could be wrong about this, since she told us how rarely she is wrong, and how her assertions are based on well-founded facts or sources. But yet the actual evidence on this issue seems to indicate the complete OPPOSITE of what Vixen asserts.

Oh well, at least now I know what cognitive dissonance feels like.....
Old 28th August 2019, 04:38 PM   #2012
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

I must have said I was from Iowa sometime in the past. I give Vixen kudos for remembering that. But I don't know why it was worth mentioning. I have lived in and around Seattle most of life though.

Kudos, or intermediate-level cyberstalking......?

I seem to remember how a number of pro-guilt commentators in the past used to cut/paste quotes by certain pro-acquittal/pro-innocence commentators (with the dates of posting) and save them to their own files - all so that they could pull them back up easily at some point in the future and/or use them for their own *ahem* "activities". That's some level of obsessive/weird.

ETA: I'm guessing you like corn in all its glorious forms.......

Last edited by LondonJohn; 28th August 2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 28th August 2019, 04:53 PM   #2013
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Kudos, or intermediate-level cyberstalking......?

I seem to remember how a number of pro-guilt commentators in the past used to cut/paste quotes by certain pro-acquittal/pro-innocence commentators (with the dates of posting) and save them to their own files - all so that they could pull them back up easily at some point in the future and/or use them for their own *ahem* "activities". That's some level of obsessive/weird.

ETA: I'm guessing you like corn in all its glorious forms.......
And I'm going to do exactly that! Call it obsessive, call it weird. I call it using her own words against her which, I'll admit, I do derive a certain amount of pleasure from doing.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 28th August 2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 28th August 2019, 05:51 PM   #2014
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

No, but but but..... Knox and her family were positively COURTING press attention! That's what Vixen said, and - as she herself reminded us - she is "rarely wrong as (her) assertions are based on well-founded facts or sources". I'm similarly confused as to why Knox and her family chose not to engage with those reporters who had got onto the LHR-SEA flight - per Vixen's "rarely wrong and "well-founded facts or sources" assertion, Knox and family should have been absolutely clamouring to talk with those reporters in-flight.

So, yeah, I'm baffled. I mean, it seems hugely unlikely (at the very least) that Vixen could be wrong about this, since she told us how rarely she is wrong, and how her assertions are based on well-founded facts or sources. But yet the actual evidence on this issue seems to indicate the complete OPPOSITE of what Vixen asserts.

Oh well, at least now I know what cognitive dissonance feels like.....
The press never spoke to Amanda or anyone in the family on the plane. The press conference at the airport when Amanda arrived lasted under 5 minutes and included multiple requests to be left alone.. Amanda spoke for less than a minute. And with local tv cameras pointed at their home in West Seattle a representative for the family again asked the press to let them get back to normal.

That's how much they courted the press.
Old 28th August 2019, 08:33 PM   #2015
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

What nonsense. There was zero sign of a burglary attempt.
What is the matter with you? Of course there was evidence of a burglary. Even the cops, the PM, and convicting courts conceded that. With no forensics to back it up, indeed no investigation whatsoever of their claim, the cops, the PM, and the convicting courts called evidence of a break-in staged.

The most ludicrous part of the PM's factoid-based narrative, was claiming that AK and RS had tried to frame Guede with the "fake" break-in, but then ruined all of that by days' later accusing Lumumba.

Neither Mignini nor guilter-nutters could explain why at times Knox had to have been a master criminal, yet at other times a klutzy buffoon.
Old 28th August 2019, 09:50 PM   #2016
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
What is the matter with you? Of course there was evidence of a burglary. Even the cops, the PM, and convicting courts conceded that. With no forensics to back it up, indeed no investigation whatsoever of their claim, the cops, the PM, and the convicting courts called evidence of a break-in staged.

The most ludicrous part of the PM's factoid-based narrative, was claiming that AK and RS had tried to frame Guede with the "fake" break-in, but then ruined all of that by days' later accusing Lumumba.

Neither Mignini nor guilter-nutters could explain why at times Knox had to have been a master criminal, yet at other times a klutzy buffoon.
Don't forget that Knox was simultaneously covering for Guede AND setting him up to take the fall.
Old 29th August 2019, 01:57 AM   #2017
Matthew Best
Philosopher

I am rarely wrong as my assertions are based on well-founded facts or sources.
Guess I'll be waiting for some considerable time.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 05:13 AM   #2018
NotEvenWrong
Muse

There is zero forensic evidence of Guede in that room.
Vixen logic!! Love it.

I think most people believe that a rock thrown through a second floor window is evidence of a burglary. Particularly when in the next room there was DNA evidence of the exact same burglar everywhere next to the dead body. And that same burglar with the same DNA broke into a building shortly prior by throwing a rock through a second floor window. And that same burglar with the same DNA evidence admitted to his friend over Skype that he was at the crime scene when Meredith died.

Of course this isn't evidence of a pagan sex orgy murder orchestrated by she-devil Knox, so the above counts as "zero evidence" to our resident mensa member.

The rest of your post is entirely fabricated from oddly interpreted tabloid stories from 2007 (you've actually managed to exaggerate evidence you obtained from tabloid stories... wtf) and I think you're getting story lines confused with your favorite soap opera this week.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 05:19 AM   #2019
bagels
Master Poster

There is zero forensic evidence of Guede in that room.
A good qualifier since there's direct evidence of him in that room, his own testimony
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 07:11 AM   #2020
whoanellie
Critical Thinker

Are you suggesting Vixen was correct about something?
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 07:44 AM   #2021
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Great. Now I need to order Irony-o-meter number 4. Can I start invoicing you for the ongoing destruction of my machines?
You should know by now you can not use standard Irony-o-meters with Vixen. You should try one of these handy dandy multi-meter Irony-o-meter, which use Krell technology to avoid overloads. It was costly, but it doesn't break. This is the model I'm using;

As you can see, there are 11 meters reacting to a recent Vixen post. Considering the capacity of each meter increases exponentially, it speaks to the degree of irony coming from Vixen and it also explains why you are now purchasing your 4th meter. Consider upgrading.. it will pay for itself in a few weeks.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 07:53 AM   #2022
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Don't forget that Knox was simultaneously covering for Guede AND setting him up to take the fall.
Long time ago I was arguing with a guilter-nutter (my bad, reflection on me, not on the guilter-nutter!) about what evidence converges towards. If it converges towards someone, like it does with Guede, then that means they are to be suspected.

The evidence against RS and AK actually diverged. To this nutter, that meant that what were in reality divergent pieces of evidence, were additive - meaning that there was MORE reason to suspect them.

The nutter had argued that Knox had been trying to set up Guede by staging things, like the staged-break-in factoid. "Criminals always turn on each other."

But then the nutter argued that Knox had been trying to protect Guede by accusing Lumumba. "Knox knew there'd be repercussions if she named Guede, so she named someone else."

I'd said that those two factoids, whether true or not (ie. "even if true", which is the language the final Supreme Court used in acquitting!) meant that that nutter was relying on diverging evidence, therefore arguing for a reason NOT to suspect the pair.

Then there's the coup de grāce. I accuse Vixen of recycling old factoids, so let me recycle something a guilter-nutter actually DID write about.

John Follain. A Death in Italy. He "matter of factly" recounts the early case against the pair, often with unprecedented access to the very thoughts of people like Mignini, Napoleoni, Ficarra, and Chiacchiera.

On one page, Follain writes about Mignini, that Mignini knew Knox to be a liar. Not mistaken, stressed, confused, tired, PTSD'ed..... a liar. She'd been a masterful liar, in everything before and up to her accusation about Lumumba.

Next page: why, then, did Mignini arrest Lumumba? "Because Amanda accused him." Some other cop had summarized it even better, "She buckled and told us what we already knew to be true."

Knox had been seen as a shameless, manipulative liar..... all until she suddenly told the truth. That was Mignini's story to John Follain. "What could we do? She'd accused him?" And then two weeks later when the cops discovered Guede..... then all of a sudden Knox had been lying about Lumumba too. Not mistaken, stressed, confused, tired or PTSD'ed. A liar.

Sure.

Back to lurking.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 29th August 2019 at 08:19 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 08:46 AM   #2023
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
Are you suggesting Vixen was correct about something?
You know what they say about a broken clock.
Old 29th August 2019, 09:45 AM   #2024
Matthew Best
Philosopher

It should be thrown in the bin?
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 09:54 AM   #2025
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
It should be thrown in the bin?
That too.
Old 29th August 2019, 10:03 AM   #2026
Stacyhs
Philosopher

You know what they say about a broken clock.
It's wrong 98% of the time.
Old 29th August 2019, 11:39 AM   #2027
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I really like that Vixen calls Iowa nearby. Only 1559 miles from Seattle to Sioux City which is in the NW corner of Iowa. That's 2508 Kilometers. 700 more kilometers further than it is between London and Rome. I drove it last year.
You're not getting it. You - like many people - just can't fathom that others are not like yourself. As you go about your daily life in Seattle you meet folk who appear to think and act the same way you do. Have manners in the street and whilst out driving etcetera. It's easy to think that because the majority of people one meets empathises with each other, for example, saying 'sorry' if you bump into them that seeing your fellow citizen from Seattle, your impulse is to assume they cannot possibly have committed such a disgusting crime as they look normal and talk the same as me.

People just don't get that psychopathic killers are not wired the same. It is pointless asking the reason 'why would they be motivated to commit such a crime?'

There were two escaped psychopathic killers from New York who just thought nothing about blowing out the brains of a cop for no discernable reason at all.

As a criminal psychologist explained, it is pointless asking why? Just accept these guys are not normal and do not think like you do.

You strongly feel Knox is innocent because she is from Seattle just like you and because you are sceptical anyone like yourself could have done this dreadful crime you start inventing reasons it can't be true.

However, just accept that sometimes where you have a sociopathic killer or killers, there isn't any particular reason they did it. They just did.

Piers Morgan interviewed some guy who had killed his sister when he was a kid. His Mom was out. He sent the baby sitter away. He killed his little sister. He just did.

There is no reason.
Old 29th August 2019, 11:55 AM   #2028
bagels
Master Poster

You strongly feel Knox is innocent because she is from Seattle just like you and because you are sceptical anyone like yourself could have done this dreadful crime you start inventing reasons it can't be true.
Invention is what is required to create a Knox guilty scenario consistent with the evidence. It's why in your 15,000+ posts on this topic you've never succeeded (or attempted) to put together a simple timeline of the events surrounding the murder.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2019, 12:02 PM   #2029
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

You're not getting it. You - like many people - just can't fathom that others are not like yourself. As you go about your daily life in Seattle you meet folk who appear to think and act the same way you do. Have manners in the street and whilst out driving etcetera. It's easy to think that because the majority of people one meets empathises with each other, for example, saying 'sorry' if you bump into them that seeing your fellow citizen from Seattle, your impulse is to assume they cannot possibly have committed such a disgusting crime as they look normal and talk the same as me.

People just don't get that psychopathic killers are not wired the same. It is pointless asking the reason 'why would they be motivated to commit such a crime?'

There were two escaped psychopathic killers from New York who just thought nothing about blowing out the brains of a cop for no discernable reason at all.

As a criminal psychologist explained, it is pointless asking why? Just accept these guys are not normal and do not think like you do.

However, just accept that sometimes where you have a sociopathic killer or killers, there isn't any particular reason they did it. They just did.

Piers Morgan interviewed some guy who had killed his sister when he was a kid. His Mom was out. He sent the baby sitter away. He killed his little sister. He just did.

There is no reason.
Well, as I happened to be browsing and this post appeared;

I fail to see how this rambling bit of cod-psychology is pertinent to the murder of Meredith Kercher. Someone called Rudy Guede was convicted of the crime on the basis of some rather damning direct evidence, in the form of hand and finger prints in her blood and his DNA (not in the form of 'low copy number', sub-microscopic traces but from identifiable cells - epithelial) in multiple places in the room she was killed in, including on and in her body. There isn't the slightest need to resort to BS amateur psychoanalysis to figure out why he killed her to be certain that he did.
Old 29th August 2019, 12:06 PM   #2030
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'm usually mad when I find myself responding to Vixen. That is mad at myself. I know her nonsense doesn't matter and somehow she suckered me down her rabbit hole. I'm still a little curious about Amanda and Raffaele and how it all turns out. I use to worry more about Amanda as she always seemed more vulnerable, but now I worry more about Raffaele.

And here we are talking about money. Imagine how hard this would have been if the two didn't have the resources to fight this injustice? I know if this had happened to me I would have been screwed. It's unfair that the government doesn't reimburse them. The measly amount the ECHR awarded Amanda is nothing in the scheme of things.
>snipped for irrelevancy)

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...70b120a471.png

There is no reason.
Once again, please point out exactly where in his post acbytesla said anything about his feeling strongly that "Knox is innocent because she is from Seattle just like (him) and because (he is) sceptical anyone like (himself) could have done this dreadful crime." Also please point out where acbytesla starts "inventing reasons it can't be true."

Hint: he didn't.

As for the rest of your irrelevant post, you start out on the wrong premise immediately: Knox and Sollecito are not psychopaths. Well, unless you want to believe 'DR.' Miss Represented of TJMK fame.
Old 29th August 2019, 12:11 PM   #2031
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post

I fail to see how this rambling bit of cod-psychology is pertinent to the murder of Meredith Kercher. Someone called Rudy Guede was convicted of the crime on the basis of some rather damning direct evidence, in the form of hand and finger prints in her blood and his DNA (not in the form of 'low copy number', sub-microscopic traces but from identifiable cells - epithelial) in multiple places in the room she was killed in, including on and in her body. There isn't the slightest need to resort to BS amateur psychoanalysis to figure out why he killed her to be certain that he did.
But you don't understand! Vixen is "rarely wrong as (her) assertions are based on well-founded facts and sources!"
As we all know, that Knox and Sollecito are psychopaths is based on well-founded facts and sources. I'm sure Vix will be happy to supply them.
Old 29th August 2019, 12:13 PM   #2032
Stacyhs
Philosopher

By the way, Vix, are we to expect the evidence that David Marriott was paid $2 million by Knox soon? I'm sure you have some well-founded facts and sources to prove it. Right?

Right?
Old 29th August 2019, 12:39 PM   #2033
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ThisIsTheLife

But you don't understand! Vixen is "rarely wrong as (her) assertions are based on well-founded facts and sources!"
As we all know, that Knox and Sollecito are psychopaths is based on well-founded facts and sources. I'm sure Vix will be happy to supply them.
Even the first convicting court, the Massei court in 2009, which wrote in 2010 the reasons - even that court did not need to resort to BS psychoanalysis to conclude that the initiator of the crime was Rudy and all Rudy Guede.....
Originally Posted by Massei court in 2010
It is not possible, however, to know if Rudy went to Meredith’s room on his own
initiative, almost subjugated by the situation which he interpreted in erotic terms
(the two young lovers in their room and Meredith who was on her own in the room
right next to it) or, instead, he went to Meredith’s room at the urging of Amanda
and/or Raffaele.

This Court is inclined towards the first hypothesis.

It cannot see, in fact, the motive for such an invitation on the part of Amanda Knox
and/or of Raffaele Sollecito. Besides, Rudy does not seem to have needed to be
encouraged to make advances toward Meredith.
As for it's own version of pop-psychoanalyzing, the Massei court DID address what it thought spurred on Knox and Sollecito to act totally out of character when he wrote....
Originally Posted by Massei court in 2010
Why, then, two young people, strongly interested in each other, with intellectual and
cultural curiosity, he on the eve of his graduation and she full of interests, resolved
to participate in an action aimed at forcing the will of Meredith, with whom they
had, especially Amanda, a relationship of regular meetings and cordiality, to the
point of causing her death, falls within the continual exercise of choice among [the
range of] possibilities, and this Court can only register the choice of extreme evil
which was put into practice. It can be hypothesised that this choice of evil began
with the consumption of drugs
which had happened also that evening, as
Amanda testified.
He then goes on to quote some of the prosecution experts, who all imply that smoking a joint turns people into homicidal maniacs.

Does anyone now wonder why the Italian Supreme Court eventually acquitted the pair? The bolding and underlining are not in the original, but note that Massei concedes that he's only hypothesizing.

He'd condemned two people to prison on a hypothesis, not on evidence.
Old 29th August 2019, 04:03 PM   #2034
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

There is no reason.

All that may be true.

But:

a) Knox almost certainly didn't "do it",
b) there's certainly zero (credible, reliable) evidence of Knox's participation in "it", and
c) there's also zero evidence that Knox is a psychopath.

But k'now, apart from that..........
Old 29th August 2019, 04:07 PM   #2035
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, Vixen!!

How're you coming along with that evidence supporting your (asshat) assertion that "David Marriott" was the source of your ludicrously-wrong "$2 million PR Supertanker" bat guano?

I'm waiting. And I'm sure others are too. Because you're almost never wrong, are you? Because your assertions are always based on impeccable facts and sources, aren't they? Because you yourself told us both those things, didn't you?

Hurry along and show me (us) this evidence please, Vixen!!
Old 29th August 2019, 04:21 PM   #2036
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post

It beggars belief (from people with adequate intellectual horsepower and the ability to perform logical analysis....), doesn't it?

And on top of everything you've said above (all of which is of course correct), there's also these slam-dunk additional points:

1) Not ONE piece of credible, reliable evidence was ever found or produced which linked either Knox or Sollecito to the murder;

2) ALL of the credible, reliable evidence in this case is in fact wholly compatible with Guede as sole perpetrator.

It shamefully took the Italian criminal justice system not far off a decade to figure this out (owing to numerous complex factors and failings). Plenty of us on this forum, and plenty of eminently qualified relevant experts and jurists (outside, naturally, of the small number of "experts" on the prosecution side in Italy who had skin in the game, and the grossly faulty early convicting lower courts.....), had obtained enough access to the evidence years and years ago - together with enough information to enable reasoned analysis of the evidence (and "evidence") - to realise that a) beyond all doubt Knox and Sollecito should never have been found guilty (and should probably never even have been charged), and b) almost certainly neither Knox nor Sollecito had anything whatsoever to do with the murder, which was committed by Guede acting alone.

Rather pathetically, a tiny cohort of zealots for some reason refuse to give up on their ill-founded, logic-free, evidence-free a priori belief in the factual guilt of Knox and Sollecito. It appears (though only they themselves could say for sure) that at least part of this desperation to cling to that belief is predicated on the twin deceptions that a) they're doing it "all for Meredith", and b) those who argue for Knox's/Sollecito's acquittals/innocence are somehow motivated to do so by something more insidious and underhand than simple facts and analysis. So strange.
Old 29th August 2019, 04:35 PM   #2037
Stacyhs
Philosopher

It beggars belief (from people with adequate intellectual horsepower and the ability to perform logical analysis....), doesn't it?

And on top of everything you've said above (all of which is of course correct), there's also these slam-dunk additional points:

1) Not ONE piece of credible, reliable evidence was ever found or produced which linked either Knox or Sollecito to the murder;

2) ALL of the credible, reliable evidence in this case is in fact wholly compatible with Guede as sole perpetrator.

It shamefully took the Italian criminal justice system not far off a decade to figure this out (owing to numerous complex factors and failings). Plenty of us on this forum, and plenty of eminently qualified relevant experts and jurists (outside, naturally, of the small number of "experts" on the prosecution side in Italy who had skin in the game, and the grossly faulty early convicting lower courts.....), had obtained enough access to the evidence years and years ago - together with enough information to enable reasoned analysis of the evidence (and "evidence") - to realise that a) beyond all doubt Knox and Sollecito should never have been found guilty (and should probably never even have been charged), and b) almost certainly neither Knox nor Sollecito had anything whatsoever to do with the murder, which was committed by Guede acting alone.

Rather pathetically, a tiny cohort of zealots for some reason refuse to give up on their ill-founded, logic-free, evidence-free a priori belief in the factual guilt of Knox and Sollecito. It appears (though only they themselves could say for sure) that at least part of this desperation to cling to that belief is predicated on the twin deceptions that a) they're doing it "all for Meredith", and b) those who argue for Knox's/Sollecito's acquittals/innocence are somehow motivated to do so by something more insidious and underhand than simple facts and analysis. So strange.
Despite their numerous allegations that the PIP knowingly support two murderers, I have to wonder if they really believe such a stupid claim. I mean, are they really that far down the rabbit hole that they think we know the two are guilty but just don't care for 'reasons'?
Old 29th August 2019, 04:37 PM   #2038
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Hey, Vixen!!

How're you coming along with that evidence supporting your (asshat) assertion that "David Marriott" was the source of your ludicrously-wrong "$2 million PR Supertanker" bat guano?

I'm waiting. And I'm sure others are too. Because you're almost never wrong, are you? Because your assertions are always based on impeccable facts and sources, aren't they? Because you yourself told us both those things, didn't you?

Hurry along and show me (us) this evidence please, Vixen!!
Yes, please, Vixen. Enquiring minds want to know!
Old 29th August 2019, 04:59 PM   #2039
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

There is no reason.
WRONG ANSWER. I don't feel Knox is innocent because she comes from Seattle. You know who else comes from Seattle? Gary Ridgeway and Ted Bundy. I could care less where Amanda is from.

I get that people are not all alike.and psychopathic killers are not wired the same. You might have an argument they don't require a motive or reason. But you can't prove that Amanda or Raffaele committed the crime or that either of them are psychopathic. No history of violence or psychotic episodes with either of them. Not in the two decades before the murder or the decade since. That's a damn long time Vixen.

I'm not going to argue the case with you as that is done. They have been exonerated. They are free. They have gone on with their lives. Maybe you should too.
Old 29th August 2019, 07:03 PM   #2040
bagels
Master Poster

Vixen I think you will never make any progress on understanding this case if you don't even understand the PIP position. We don't believe Amanda Knox is innocent because we want to, but because we can't make guilt work. If we start with the assumption that she is a psycho killer who definitely killed Meredith - this doesn't explain anything. It doesn't change the fact that the evidence doesn't fit and the crime scenario is logistically unworkable.

Once you accept that as our actual view (which it is) you are free to believe that we hold that view because we are delusional. But that's an important step to reach. You need to come to the realization that by definition one side (PIP or PGP) must be severely delusional. Then it becomes a question of determining which side. If you can't trust yourself (since it might be you) you can use basic outside clues. For example, which side is more likely to be the delusional one, the one with all court outcomes and esteemed professionals on their side, or the side that believes a mafia conspiracy occurred at the national court level to free two nobodies...You may discover some unsettling truths

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors