IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 25th January 2021, 07:49 AM   #3041
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Here he is!

This is a pro- Navalny protester, who, for some stupid reason, decided to dress like the USA's Qanon Shaman.
Maybe they're building up to an "I am Spartacus" moment.
Old 25th January 2021, 01:40 PM   #3042
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Wait,.... was it you who said Biden wouldn't be sworn in as president?
And that Biden would not be allowed to enter the Whitehouse. And that the military would turn on Biden and arrest him.
And a ton of other Qplops that never happened.

Given this truck of fail, one might expect that a rational person would question their nutty beliefs.

Nope. The brand spanky new date is March 7th. When that fails there will inevitably be yet another revised date. Rinse, lather, repeat.

What is fascinating about it is the sheer number of Q-nuts attempting to rationalise the failure. Sure, some have given up. Some are in despair about the abject failure. But there is a cohort that make up any old nonsense to keep the delusion going.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 01:51 PM   #3043
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Maybe they're building up to an "I am Spartacus" moment.
Wrong 1960's epic.
Try "Doctor Zhivago" instead.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 03:11 PM   #3044
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Did I miss the moment when the Space Force landed?
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 07:40 PM   #3045
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
We all did. They accidentally landed on Venus. Quite tragically hilarious.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 07:43 PM   #3046
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
We all did. They accidentally landed on Venus. Quite tragically hilarious.
Aha! That's where the child sex slaves went!
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 08:33 PM   #3047
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Aha! That's where the child sex slaves went!
It's inhumane. Venereal diseases are rampant there.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 08:38 PM   #3048
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

It's inhumane. Venereal diseases are rampant there.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 10:34 PM   #3049
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Wait, .....was it you who said that a DNA test reveals a person's birthplace ?
No, I did not. Now answer my question:
Quote:
You... do realize that link is laughing at you, right?
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 10:45 PM   #3050
Bubba
Philosopher

oops, wrong

Last edited by Bubba; 25th January 2021 at 10:47 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 10:55 PM   #3051
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Out of respect for what I'll assume was an honest mistake in what thread to post in, I'm removing my reply to the prior post.

Last edited by Aridas; 25th January 2021 at 10:56 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 11:37 PM   #3052
Bubba
Philosopher

You'll love this.

Not only is it David Icke.....he paints a more comprehensive picture about Qanon. compared to what the blond woman said.

https://davidicke.com/2021/01/22/qan...-please-share/
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 11:38 PM   #3053
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

To summarize David Icke:

It was the (((Aliens)))
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 11:57 PM   #3054
Aridas

Meanwhile, rather than a psyop, Q was likely originally a troll having a bit of fun. The reactions to his posts likely stimulated more, as such things do, and it grew from there, with financial gain quickly being added to the driving forces.

To treat it as a psyop likely is more palatable for those who believed it, though, given that that triggers a number of the same factors that got the believers to fall for it in the first place.

Last edited by Aridas; 26th January 2021 at 12:01 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 03:57 AM   #3055
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You'll love this.

Not only is it David Icke.....he paints a more comprehensive picture about Qanon. compared to what the blond woman said.

So to deal with the Q-failure, you are glomming on to d.icke?

Really?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 04:07 AM   #3056
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
This is going to cause an internationalplanetary incident!
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 04:14 AM   #3057
TheSupermeerkat
Muse

The Oregon Republican party has falsely claimed in a resolution that there is “growing evidence” that the 6 January attack on the US Capitol by a pro-Trump mob was “a ‘false flag’ operation”.

The resolution, which was published on 19 January and was endorsed by the executive committee of the state Republican party, suggested that the storming of the capitol by Trump supporters was an orchestrated conspiracy “designed to discredit President Trump, his supporters and all conservative Republicans,” and to create a “sham motivation” to impeach the former president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ach-false-flag

Bubba - comments?
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 04:56 AM   #3058
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

Really?
The last time Icke made any sense he was still playing for Coventry City...

I shall leave any fans of English football to decide if Coventry City ever made any sense...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 05:09 AM   #3059
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Wait, .....was it you who said that a DNA test reveals a person's birthplace ?
No, Bubba: that was you, when you were in your Birther Conspiracy phase.
Which you knew.
Which we all knew.
Old 26th January 2021, 05:11 AM   #3060
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

oops, wrong
B, save this post you'll need it later.
Old 26th January 2021, 05:28 AM   #3061
neilg
Student

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
The last time Icke made any sense he was still playing for Coventry City...

I shall leave any fans of English football to decide if Coventry City ever made any sense...
It will always be an embarrassment that David Icke was born and brought up in the same city as me, Leicester, and lived only a few miles away.
neilg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 05:42 AM   #3062
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post

Which you knew.

Which we all knew.

Well thank you.
I was wondering who... ever... would say such a bloody stupid thing.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 10:28 AM   #3063
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

Really?
That's putting it lightly.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 12:55 PM   #3064
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Which you knew.
Which we all knew.

Took the bait, I see.

For the record, back then you wrongly assumed I said that. Then you went searching for proof quotes, and came up empty handed.

What I had said was that presidential candidates perhaps should get dna testing. That was regarding health threats.

Now it seems you 'forgot' the truth.

Last edited by Bubba; 26th January 2021 at 01:01 PM.
Old 26th January 2021, 04:25 PM   #3065
Axxman300
Illuminator

Took the bait, I see.

For the record, back then you wrongly assumed I said that. Then you went searching for proof quotes, and came up empty handed.

What I had said was that presidential candidates perhaps should get dna testing. That was regarding health threats.

Now it seems you 'forgot' the truth.
If a Presidential candidate can't be forced to hand over his tax returns then DNA is certainly off the table.
Old 26th January 2021, 05:26 PM   #3066
Bubba
Philosopher

We need bullet proof vetting of candidates.

and term limits
Old 26th January 2021, 05:36 PM   #3067
eerok
Quixoticist

We need bullet proof vetting of candidates.
Sure, that's a good way to avoid mentally ill candidates like Trump.
Old 26th January 2021, 06:21 PM   #3068
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Sure, that's a good way to avoid mentally ill candidates like Trump.

A hot mic caught Biden saying 'I dont know what I'm signing' as he signed something with Kammy looking on.

Then he mumbled 'salute the marines' as he walked past them with out saluting, as if he was repeating what he hears in his earpiece.

Tell me you haven seen any signs of dementia in him
Old 26th January 2021, 06:27 PM   #3069
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Quote:
Man . . . Woman . . . Big Macs . . . Pussy . . . Ivanka!
Stable genius. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 06:52 PM   #3070
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

What I had said was that presidential candidates perhaps should get dna testing.
So let's get this right.

1) You have left the Q-Anon cult and joined the David Icke cult.

2) You now claim the queen is a lizard shape-shifter and all politicians must have blood tests to prove they are human.

Do you agree with David Icke that the lizard shape-shifters were controlling Donald Trump?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trump a puppet David Icke.jpg (41.6 KB, 8 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 06:56 PM   #3071
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Biden can still spell "haven't". You can't.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 06:59 PM   #3072
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Not only is it David Icke.....he paints a more comprehensive picture about Qanon.
You have joined the David Icke cult and you really really really don't know what David Icke said about Trump, do you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trump a puppet David Icke.jpg (41.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 26th January 2021, 07:08 PM   #3073
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
You have joined the David Icke cult and you really really really don't know what David Icke said about Trump, do you?
Someone's pretending wrong here.
Old 26th January 2021, 08:07 PM   #3074
GraculusTheGreenBird
Critical Thinker

You'll love this.

David Icke is mentally ill.

He literally believes the Queen and the British Royal family are shape shifting lizards, amongst other rubbish.

Its quite sad, really.

Not surprising that Bubba would move on from failed Q nutter prophecies to another nutter, seeing how utterly credulous he is.

Bubba never saw a conspiracy theory, no matter how laughably idiotic, that he didn't believe..
GraculusTheGreenBird is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 08:11 PM   #3075
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

A hot mic caught Biden saying 'I dont know what I'm signing' as he signed something with Kammy looking on.

Then he mumbled 'salute the marines' as he walked past them with out saluting, as if he was repeating what he hears in his earpiece.

Are there legitimate, American sources? The only reference I found were Trump supporting sites and everyone knows their kind lack integrity. Trump supporters don't share our American values and just can't be trusted.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2021, 09:45 PM   #3076
Aridas

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
If a Presidential candidate can't be forced to hand over his tax returns then DNA is certainly off the table.
FWIW, I am very much in favor of the STABLE GENIUS Act.
Old 26th January 2021, 10:38 PM   #3077
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
FWIW, I am very much in favor of the STABLE GENIUS Act.
I missed that one, that's brilliant legislation Mr. Boyle!
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2021, 04:20 AM   #3078
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Originally Posted by GraculusTheGreenBird View Post
David Icke is mentally ill.

He literally believes the Queen and the British Royal family are shape shifting lizards, amongst other rubbish.

Its quite sad, really.

Not surprising that Bubba would move on from failed Q nutter prophecies to another nutter, seeing how utterly credulous he is.

Bubba never saw a conspiracy theory, no matter how laughably idiotic, that he didn't believe..
The clues were there all along with Icke: I mean, someone from Leicester going to play for Coventry City is the start of a slippery slope. Going to either Derby County or one of the Nottingham clubs would have been more obvious, but mebbe he had some good professional help in those days...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2021, 05:30 AM   #3079
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Are there legitimate, American sources? The only reference I found were Trump supporting sites and everyone knows their kind lack integrity. Trump supporters don't share our American values and just can't be trusted.
The "salute the Marines" thing is like that idiocy from a few years ago, when Obama and his wife were watching a flag-folding ceremony, and the RWers got some lip-readers to claim that Michelle said "all that for a damn flag," when what she actually (probably) said was "it's amazing how they fold that flag." (Lip readers were needed because the video was taken from a distance that meant you couldn't hear what she said at all) It couldn't be proven either way, but the righties predictably went into full pearl-clutching mode over the interpretation that let them do so.

Kind of the same thing here. Here's the video-

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

It's at around 0:09 seconds; to me, it sounds like he says "good looking Marines." But the CT morons, of course, will hear what they need to.

Same thing with the "I don't know what I'm signing" stupidity- here's the video:

I AGREE

(At around 0:06 seconds)
There just is not any way, IMO, that anyone can tell what he actually says there, what with the mask and all. But, again, if you've got nothing else, a slender reed is fine support for the lame.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2021, 06:18 AM   #3080
eerok
Quixoticist

Biden is in better shape physically and mentally than Trump.

Biden is also smarter than Trump, values others, and is more interested in improving America than grabbing things for himself.

True, it's not that hard to be better than Trump, but Biden will be a real president.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories