IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags democratic party , political speculation

Old 6th December 2016, 07:40 AM   #41
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post

Well, that would've been a unique move - the Dems naming a Senator as their House Leader.
LOL

That's the very foundation of Trumps victory, isn't it?

Cluelessness on a grand scale.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2016, 09:25 AM   #42
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
I tried reading his response. It wasn't worth the time or effort.

I quite admire Ms. Duckworth.
what part did you have trouble with?

The part where she got sued for booting two whistleblowers?

Here's an article:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/160729088/

I'm sorry you find it tough sledding. but it is old news to people who live in Madigastan
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2016, 09:55 AM   #43
Denver
Penultimate Amazing

When Obama won a second term and shocked the GOP, they immediately got their own black guy, Michael Steele, to be chairperson of the Republican National Committee.

I expect the dems will now do the same thing. Find someone with Trump attributes, to give the people what they want. Maybe someone famous and rich, with a media presence and a penchant for rough speak.

Though Kevin Spacey might be a bit too on the nose.

Last edited by Denver; 6th December 2016 at 10:50 AM.
Denver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2016, 10:18 AM   #44
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
what part did you have trouble with?

The part where she got sued for booting two whistleblowers?

Here's an article:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/160729088/

I'm sorry you find it tough sledding. but it is old news to people who live in Madigastan
Didn't you get the memo? Being sued, being found guilty, settling out of court, and in general being a scumbag doesn't mean anything in 2016.

So sorry.

Fun whine though!
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2016, 10:30 AM   #45
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Didn't you get the memo? Being sued, being found guilty, settling out of court, and in general being a scumbag doesn't mean anything in 2016.

So sorry.

Fun whine though!
Hey, we are on the same page, she's a scumbag.

Good post!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2016, 10:57 AM   #46
NoahFence
Banned

LOL
"I know you are but what am I"

You guys are a fountain of critical thought.
Old 6th December 2016, 11:01 AM   #47
The Big Dog

LOL
"I know you are but what am I"

You guys are a fountain of critical thought.
Ummm, "we agree" is not a "I know you are but what am I"

Or perhaps he was replying to someone else?
Old 7th December 2016, 01:08 PM   #48
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Denver View Post
When Obama won a second term and shocked the GOP, they immediately got their own black guy, Michael Steele, to be chairperson of the Republican National Committee.

I expect the dems will now do the same thing. Find someone with Trump attributes, to give the people what they want. Maybe someone famous and rich, with a media presence and a penchant for rough speak.

Though Kevin Spacey might be a bit too on the nose.
Alec Baldwin?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2016, 01:26 PM   #49
portlandatheist
Illuminator

Cynthia Mckinney
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2016, 01:53 PM   #50
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Obama will remain the face of the Democrats, thus stifling the development of new leadership.
Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
^How do you figure that? He seems intent on fading off into the background.
Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
No he doesn't. He intends to be working at the grassroots level to get things turned around for 2018. He also will be guiding Trump as much as he is allowed to to hopefully allay the amount of damage the man can do.
I doubt he will fade out of sight like Bush has, but I also doubt he will be the face of the party. I think he will be supportive of the party and organizations that he believes are good for the country, but he has no interest in being the one in charge or the face of the party.

Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2016, 02:06 PM   #51
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I doubt he will fade out of sight like Bush has
He's already said he won't.

Quote:
I think he will be supportive of the party and organizations that he believes are good for the country, but he has no interest in being the one in charge or the face of the party.
Being the face of the party doesn't mean being in charge. It means being the one the public primarily pays attention to. If not Obama, who? Pelosi? Reid? Ellison?
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2016, 02:43 PM   #52
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
He's already said he won't.
I was confirming that I believe him when he says that. Apparently that is now necessary among people who have been elected to this office.

Quote:
Being the face of the party doesn't mean being in charge. It means being the one the public primarily pays attention to.
Right, that is why I used "or" instead of "and". I don't think he wants to be in charge OR the face of the party. He wants to support the party.

Quote:
If not Obama, who? Pelosi? Reid? Ellison?
That's the point of the thread, no?

We would have a better idea if Hillary hadn't run this cycle, but she did. She cleared the field and only one person from the party was willing to stick their neck out while she was running. So now we have to wait and see who comes out of the woodwork.

I don't think it will be Pelosi or anyone over 50 for that matter. I could be wrong, but I think Sanders was an outlier in being able to represent the future from such an advanced age.

I imagine several people will come and go over the next few years. Who was the face of the GOP over the last 8 years? Certainly not Trump or Jeb.

Old 7th December 2016, 03:15 PM   #53
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

The Dems don't need someone to be the face of the party.

The Dems just need someone to show up in 2019 and they have a history of candidates coming out of nowhere and winning. (Kennedy, Carter, B Clinton, Obama)

The Dems aren't so successful with well established contenders. (Humphrey, Gore, Kerry, H Clinton)
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2016, 03:59 PM   #54
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post

The Dems just need someone to show up in 2019 and they have a history of candidates coming out of nowhere and winning. (Kennedy, Carter, B Clinton, Obama)

The Dems aren't so successful with well established contenders. (Humphrey, Gore, Kerry, H Clinton)
Agreed.

Old 7th December 2016, 05:52 PM   #55
logger
Banned

LOL

That's the very foundation of Trumps victory, isn't it?

Cluelessness on a grand scale.
Lol, the new narrative.

Actually, your side ran a terrible candidate.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2016, 07:29 AM   #56
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol, the new narrative.

Actually, your side ran a terrible candidate.
Ouch, what does that say about the worse candidate who won?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2016, 07:45 AM   #57
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post

Is that because the GOP has plenty of time to undermine an established candidate's reputation with lies and innuendo but when a candidate comes out of the blue, so to speak, they don't have time for the groundwork and have to actually rely on policy and the quality of their candidate ?

Of is it instead that to be a "come out of nowhere" candidate you have to be truly exceptional so the GOP is facing a severely uphill battle ?
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics