IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags barack obama , democratic party , New York primary , primary elections

Old 5th February 2008, 10:06 PM   #41
SezMe
post-pre-born

I'm a California refuse-to-declare voter (You cannot declare Independent here). Here, folks like me can request a Dem ballot or one other, minor party (American Independence?) but you cannot request a Republican ballot.

Being an Edwards guy, I struggled with the choice and finally ended up 49.9% HRC and 50.1% the big O. I rounded down and voted for the big O. The deciding factor was exactly Loss Leader's:
Quote:
That Obama has a better chance against McCain.
but even then I'm not sure I made the right decision.

So far tonight, the big surprise is the Huckster. He still has some pull with the religious right. Will it be McCain/Huckawannabee?

ETA: I got one phone call during the whole primary season - from Obama.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2008, 10:47 PM   #42
boooeee
Dart Fener

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
ETA: I got one phone call during the whole primary season - from Obama.
Ha! Scarlett Johanson called me.

She said it was about voting for Obama. But I think she just wanted me to call her back. She forgot to leave her number, though.
boooeee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 07:00 PM   #43
IXP
Graduate Poster

After the call from Jack Nicholson asking me to vote for Hillary, I was dissapointed that Tiger Woods did not call me for Obama, but I voted for him anyway!

Strangely, when I came up with Tiger Woods, I was not thinking black vs. white, but young vs. old.

IXP
Old 6th February 2008, 07:18 PM   #44
SnuggleSmacks
Critical Thinker

NC comes late to the party...our Primary is May 6. But, for once, this might make us pivitol instead of just the afterthought we have been in the past, at least as far as Obama and Billary are concerned.

So far, Billary is ahead, but she has steadily slipped in the polls while Obama has crept up, so there is hope.

Unless something major happens before then, I will vote for Obama, or just not bother.

ETA: In accordance with the Prophecies!
SnuggleSmacks is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 07:27 PM   #45
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

I became a Caucusian last night.

The place was Obamarama mayhem, the Hillaroids were trounced 3:1.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 07:33 PM   #46
TriskettheKid
Graduate Poster

Pennsylvania primary is not for a little bit, and you'd better believe I'm voting in it.
TriskettheKid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 08:18 PM   #47
Kestrel
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fishbob View Post

Welcome to the world of grass roots politics.

We had 65 people show up for our precinct caucus last night. In past years it was considered a good turnout when a dozen folks showed up.
Kestrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 06:31 AM   #48
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

I voted*, my country is so democratic they force us to vote!

*In November
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 10:38 AM   #49
Wildy
Adelaidean

Well I voted for the Democrats, then the Greens, Family First, the Independent guy, Liberal, someone, Racists (One Nation), Footballers Wife (Labor).

If I didn't vote I would have gotten a fine.

Oh, you mean in the US?

No. I didn't vote.

Funny how the person they call "the leader of the free world" isn't actually elected by the free world.
Old 7th February 2008, 10:40 AM   #50
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fishbob View Post

On first reading, I thought you were confessing having become a Caucasian. I was very confused...
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 12:34 PM   #51
KoihimeNakamura
Creativity Murderer

Location: In 2.5 million spinning tons of metal, above Epsilion Eridani III
I will actually ahve to retract: I didn't vote, and cannot make the caucus. Kinda makes me wonder why they just didn't go primary.
Old 7th February 2008, 12:43 PM   #52
Kaylee
Illuminator

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
On first reading, I thought you were confessing having become a Caucasian. I was very confused...
Me too. I didn't realize what fishbob meant until I read your post.
Kaylee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics