IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , Bernie Sanders , democratic party , presidential candidates

Old 4th March 2020, 08:11 AM   #161
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
No, everything he's written makes sense. Your reaction is what doesn't make sense.
Hey, don't blame me for having a far better sense of US politics than you or he, and for being an independent thinker who tries not to let my personal hopes and dreams -- which pretty much align with Bernie -- outweigh reality.
Old 4th March 2020, 08:18 AM   #162
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
....nor is the belief that Sanders would have lost to Trump.
It is by the fact that Clinton, not Sanders, won the Nomination.
I fail to see the argument that voters would be more enthusiastic for the candidate they didn't vote for earlier that year.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2020, 08:20 AM   #163
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I fail to see the argument that voters would be more enthusiastic for the candidate they didn't vote for earlier that year.
Let me explain it. Within a rounding error everyone that thinks Sanders could have beaten Trump '16 or will in 2020 buy, to some degree, into the conspiracy theory that Sanders was cheated out of the nomination in '16.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 4th March 2020 at 08:27 AM.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2020, 08:26 AM   #164
Distracted1
Philosopher

Different pool of voters.
Old 4th March 2020, 08:32 AM   #165
Cabbage
Banned

Actually, it's not. Voting is not transitive. This is well known.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2020, 08:44 AM   #166
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Different pool of voters.
overlapping pool of voters - do I need to draw you a Venn diagram?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2020, 08:45 AM   #167
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Let me explain it. Within a rounding error everyone that thinks Sanders could have beaten Trump '16 or will in 2020 buy, to some degree, into the conspiracy theory that Sanders was cheated out of the nomination in '16.
Old 4th March 2020, 06:31 PM   #168
BrooklynBaby
Graduate Poster

Chuck Schumer threatens two sitting members of the Supreme Court:

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.
BrooklynBaby is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics