IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Kyle Rittenhouse , murder cases

Old 1st January 2021, 10:09 AM   #401
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
smartcooky, we have been down this same road before --- Section C of the law as you posted it refers to the EXCEPTIONS --
(c) This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593.

Was Kyle in violation of s 941.28? Yes or no?
Was he in compliance with 29.304 and 29.593? Yes or no?

This is all covered back from post #61.
Right, and Master Rittenhouse was not in compliance with the hunting regs, which might have provided him an exemption. We've been through all this.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 10:21 AM   #402
webfusion
Philosopher

Thermal, yes, we've been "through all this" and YOU were shown to be incorrect in your reading of the statute.

29.593 refers to "certificate of accomplishment to obtain hunting approval." --- while there has been no documentation produced to indicate Kyle Rittenhouse was certified, my best guess is he was.

And if he had that approval, he was in compliance with the statute/regs.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 10:29 AM   #403
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Thermal, yes, we've been "through all this" and YOU were shown to be incorrect in your reading of the statute.

29.593 refers to "certificate of accomplishment to obtain hunting approval." --- while there has been no documentation produced to indicate Kyle Rittenhouse was certified, my best guess is he was.

That seems to be a poor guess.

The state has charged him with a violation of that law. It's not particularly in their interest to make a charge that can be dismissed with the simple showing of a certificate. Plenty of time elapsed between the killings and charging for an investigation or Rittenhouse's legal representation to go over any documentation which might effect that charge.

The fact that the charge was made and their has been no news of the charge being dismissed is a very good reason to think that any simple and readily available evidence that would negate that charge does not exist.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 10:55 AM   #404
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
That seems to be a poor guess.

The state has charged him with a violation of that law. It's not particularly in their interest to make a charge that can be dismissed with the simple showing of a certificate. Plenty of time elapsed between the killings and charging for an investigation or Rittenhouse's legal representation to go over any documentation which might effect that charge.

The fact that the charge was made and their has been no news of the charge being dismissed is a very good reason to think that any simple and readily available evidence that would negate that charge does not exist.
The State has also charged him with 2 counts of murder one, and THAT seems absurd on its face.
And now, the curfew violation? Soon, jaywalking, too.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 11:06 AM   #405
Cavemonster
Philosopher

The State has also charged him with 2 counts of murder one, and THAT seems absurd on its face.
The validity of murder charges is down to mens rea and how his self defense claim stacks up. Those are questions with some amount of subjectivity to them. So while you or I might have strong ideas, only a court and jury can really determine the issue.

Whether he has a specific piece of paper that makes it legal for him to carry a weapon is a simple, objective question, easily resolved with no particular room for differences of interpretation.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 11:16 AM   #406
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Not so fast. A hunting license grants permission to hunt. That means complying with hunting regulations. Which, I hope I don't have to explain at length, do not allow hunting or discharging a firearm within city limits. So Ky-Ky would not be covered by the hunting license exemption, even if he had one, which he has not even been shown to have.

I'll give you the opportunity to cite the hunting laws within city limits in downtown Kenosha.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 11:35 AM   #407
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Why would you guess that? He doesn't even live in Wisconsin. And he was clearly not hunting. I don't think your position is as solid as you think.

Quelle suprise, there are contradictory statements in a statute!

Where I live people charged with first-degree murder usually don't get bail. But Kyle is probably not a danger to others as long as he doesn't try to play street vigilante.
ETA: If you decide to defend property with lethal force, uninvited, you are asking for trouble IMO. Whatever happens legally, I hope he understands that he made a bad decision. Reality is not a ******* video game.

Last edited by Minoosh; 1st January 2021 at 11:48 AM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 11:39 AM   #408
webfusion
Philosopher

Nowhere does that Statute mention "Hunting License" -- only that a person has been approved/accomplished after taking a course in safety, etc. (Hunter education certification)

At his probable cause hearing, this charge of 'minor in possession' was supported by the prosecutor, Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger.
"We don't allow teens to run around with guns. It's that simple." he said.

And just in case anyone was interested, Kyle turns 18 on Sunday.
Old 1st January 2021, 11:39 AM   #409
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

It is not at all uncommon for people charged with serious crimes to also be charged will lesser crimes at the same time (called a lesser related offence).
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 11:54 AM   #410
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Nowhere does that Statute mention "Hunting License" -- only that a person has been approved/accomplished after taking a course in safety, etc. (Hunter education certification)
Your entire weak tea argument hinges on this certification, and exactly what it certifies, that (surprise, surprise) you are not citing here for review.

Your wishful thinking means squat. Prove first that he had this certification as an out-of-state hunter. Then present the agreements and requirements to hold and maintain the certificate.

What do you want to bet that in order to hold this certificate, you have to agree to abide by hunting laws, including remaining outside city limits?

In fact, how about an avatar bet that the underage charge sticks, and your cockamamie exemption theory doesn't even exist?

Last edited by Thermal; 1st January 2021 at 11:59 AM.
Old 1st January 2021, 11:59 AM   #411
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
It is not at all uncommon for people charged with serious crimes to also be charged will lesser crimes at the same time (called a lesser related offense).
Yeah, I know.
I was a witness at a trial of a drunk driver who killed someone.
The charges went all the way from homicide to "failure to yield to a traffic control device" -- and he pled guilty to the entire laundry list.

After all is said and done in this criminal trial, no matter the outcome, it's inevitable that the families of Mr. Huber and Mr. Rosenbaum will seek redress in civil court.

Last edited by webfusion; 1st January 2021 at 12:27 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 12:06 PM   #412
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

This is old and I've never heard of the Minnesota Reformer:

Mike Lindell says he didnít mean for his $50,000 donation to help bail out Kenosha killer Kyle Rittenhouse
By Deena Winter - November 23, 2020
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 12:07 PM   #413
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

After all is said and done in this criminal trial, no matter the outcome, it's inevitable that the families of Mr. Huber and Mr. Rosenblum will seek redress in civil court.
Yeah, something about being gunned down in the street by some teenage visitor who *checks notes* thought he was...hunting?

Old 1st January 2021, 12:22 PM   #414
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Yeah, something about being gunned down in the street by some teenage visitor who *checks notes* thought he was...hunting?
He was out there for target shooting, under the supervision of adults. He did pretty well.

Where are you getting that it's not OK to fire a rifle in the Kenosha city limits? I don't doubt it, I just wonder if he committed that crime. Wouldn't self-defense be a mitigating factor?
Old 1st January 2021, 12:26 PM   #415
webfusion
Philosopher

They brought their deaths upon themselves, by their own actions.
Plainly. These men were NOT 'gunned down' by any stretch of the meaning that phrase connotes.
Old 1st January 2021, 12:35 PM   #416
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
He was out there for target shooting, under the supervision of adults. He did pretty well.

Where are you getting that it's not OK to fire a rifle in the Kenosha city limits?
I used to hunt, and it's a pretty universal thing, that you can't hunt in, um, cities. In my state, there are further restrictions regarding how close you can be to houses, etc.

Quote:
I don't doubt it, I just wonder if he committed that crime. Wouldn't self-defense be a mitigating factor?
Pretty sure they could also bang him with firing a gun within city limits, if they wanted to appear petty. My guess is the optics are not favorable for that.

We had a shooting in NJ recently where discharging a gun within 1000 feet of a school was the charge that sent the guy down. NJ is a tough gun law State tho

Last edited by Thermal; 1st January 2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 12:40 PM   #417
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

They brought their deaths upon themselves, by their own actions.
Plainly. These men were NOT 'gunned down' by any stretch of the meaning that phrase connotes.
How you doing on that hunting certificate that you claim exempts Kyle from the 'no deadly weapons under 18' law? Dying to see it, in addition to proof of Kyle's participation.

Otherwise, we are back to him being a criminal from word go.

Last edited by Thermal; 1st January 2021 at 12:42 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 12:40 PM   #418
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Gunned down - to shoot someone with a gun.

Maybe you're using a different dictionary to the rest of us?
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 12:43 PM   #419
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

How you doing on that hunting certificate that you claim exempts Kyle from the 'no deadly weapons under 18' law? Dying to see it, in addition to Kyle's participation.

Otherwise, we are back to him being a criminal from word go.
There's some argument that the statute is poorly written enough that it creates what appears to be an unintentional loophole.

Despite how webfusion presents it, this is very much an untested legal theory. I suppose we'll all find out once Rittenhouse goes to trial.

I personally don't find it all that convincing, but I'm not a lawyer. Rittenhouse's lawyers simply have to have an answer for this charge, as it stands to severely undermine his entire self-defense claim otherwise.

Screeds about "2nd Amendment rights" are, of course, totally worthless. Prisons are full of people convicted of possessing guns unlawfully. Prohibitions on the carrying of firearms in public, especially by children, are nowhere near the grey zone of contemporary 2A legal issues. Not even in the wet dreams of NRA life members are local ordinances prohibiting the carrying of rifles openly in the streets considered constitutional violations.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 1st January 2021 at 12:50 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 12:50 PM   #420
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
There's some argument that the statute is poorly written enough that it creates what appears to be an unintentional loophole.
It is only written poorly if the hunting certification makes no mention of validity only when in compliance with other applicable laws, including barring of hunting activities in city limits. My hunting permits in Jersey sure did. You acknowledged felonies for violating its terms by your signature.

Quote:
Despite how webfusion presents it, this is very much an untested legal theory. I suppose we'll all find out once Rittenhouse goes to trial.
I'm sure we will. When I get back on laptop, I'll look into what an underage agrees to, including penalties, when he applies for this hunting cert, and hunting laws in...downtown Kenosha.

Eta: your edit: largely agreed. This was no 2A rally or protest. It was an expression of rage. Which, although still criminal, I support. Criminality is IMO a legitimate response to police murdering citizens.

Last edited by Thermal; 1st January 2021 at 12:59 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 12:53 PM   #421
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

It is only written poorly if the hunting certification makes no mention of validity only when in compliance with other applicable laws, including barring of hunting activities in city limits. My hunting permits in Jersey sure did. You acknowledged felonies for violating its terms by your signature.

Im sure we will. When I get back on laptop, I'll look into what an underage agrees to, including penalties, when he applies for this hunting cert, and hunting laws in...downtown Kenosha.
I agree. I think it reads pretty plainly that permissions to carry weapons come strictly tied to the hunting license requirements.

If this were something that had any legal legs, you might expect them to prefer a bench trial over a jury trial. A judge might be more likely to accept a legal technicality like this rather than a jury who's lay reading of the law and common sense leads them to the plain intentions of the statute.

I don't think Rittenhouse had a hunting cert at all, so he likely never signed anything. That's how absurd this legal hail-mary is.

Edit: As far as I can tell, this is all speculative too. I don't see any sources to suggest that Kyle's defense is even going to try this route. Some lawyer guy wrote an op-ed suggesting this, but I'm not seeing much else other than it getting repeated around the web.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 1st January 2021 at 01:24 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 12:57 PM   #422
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
Gunned down - to shoot someone with a gun.

Maybe you're using a different dictionary to the rest of us?
He wasn't hunting; he wasn't target-shooting; he wasn't 'gunning' people down.

This youth was defending his own life against real nasty dudes.
And succeeded, in the result.
Old 1st January 2021, 01:22 PM   #423
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

This youth was defending his own life against real nasty dudes.
And succeeded, in the result.
You understand a mixed verdict is a possibility right?

A valid self defense claim won't make his unlawful carrying of a rifle legal, nor does a guilty verdict for the gun charge necessarily mean his murder defense will fail (though it certainly won't help)
Old 1st January 2021, 01:41 PM   #424
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

You understand a mixed verdict is a possibility right?

A valid self defense claim won't make his unlawful carrying of a rifle legal, nor does a guilty verdict for the gun charge necessarily mean his murder defense will fail (though it certainly won't help)
If an unlicensed or disqualified driver involved in a crash - no matter whose actual fault the crash was, the unlicensed/disqualified driver is liable because he was not even legally allowed to drive... if he had followed the law, the crash would not have happened.

This scenarios is similar - if Rittenhouse was carrying a gun illegally, then using his illegally carried gun for a "self-defence" claim is not going to fly, since he his actions in even having the gun were illegal in the first place... if he had followed the law, the shootings would not have happened.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 1st January 2021 at 01:59 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 01:52 PM   #425
webfusion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
If an unlicensed or disqualified driver involved in a crash - no matter whose actual fault the crash was, the unlicensed/disqualified driver is liable because he was not even legally allowed to drive... if he had followed the law, the crash would not have happened.

If he was carrying a gun illegally, then using his illegally carried gun for a "self-defense" claim is not going to fly, since he his actions in even having the gun were illegal in the first place... if he had followed the law, the shootings would not have happened.
Same thing about the curfew violation charge that was just tacked-on, apparently because
the Kenosha prosecutor is trying to basically say "His very presence was criminal. All subsequent acts arising from that basic premise nullify a self-defense claim..."

and around and around we go...
Old 1st January 2021, 02:05 PM   #426
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Same thing about the curfew violation charge that was just tacked-on, apparently because
the Kenosha prosecutor is trying to basically say "His very presence was criminal. All subsequent acts arising from that basic premise nullify a self-defense claim..."

and around and around we go...

Ky-Ky didn't even live there. He drove to the neighboring State to illegally insert himself into a riot with an illegally carried weapon, evidently provided by a felonious accomplice.

This is not an innocent victim. He got on his knees and ******* begged for this. Or is just too wrapped up in his Avengers fantasy to see that vigalantism is a crime, like it or not.

Old 1st January 2021, 02:17 PM   #427
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Did he shoot someone with a gun?
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 02:39 PM   #428
webfusion
Philosopher

Nor did Mr. Ziminski live there -- he is a resident of Racine/Caledonia --- he brought his own firearm and glommed onto Joseph Rosenbaum during the festivities of that fateful evening. Ziminski and Rosenbaum cooked up a plan to isolate Kyle, and steal his weapon. It almost worked. Almost, because they didn't take into consideration that Kyle would actually pull the trigger when under attack from the two of them.
Nor was Mr. Grosskreutz a Kenosha resident -- (this paramedic-with-a-gun traveled from the Milwaukee area/West Allis, farther away from Kenosha than is Antioch, Illinois).

You wanna know why some people admire Kyle Rittenhouse?
Because he protected himself, and survived multiple deadly felonious attackers.
Old 1st January 2021, 02:53 PM   #429
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Nor did Mr. Ziminski live there -- he is a resident of Racine/Caledonia --- he brought his own firearm and glommed onto Joseph Rosenbaum during the festivities of that fateful evening. Ziminski and Rosenbaum cooked up a plan to isolate Kyle, and steal his weapon. It almost worked. Almost, because they didn't take into consideration that Kyle would actually pull the trigger when under attack from the two of them.
Hot Damn. We gots us a psychic in da house. Tell us more about this conspiracy you overhead.

Quote:
Nor was Mr. Grosskreutz a Kenosha resident -- (this paramedic-with-a-gun traveled from the Milwaukee area/West Allis, farther away from Kenosha than is Antioch, Illinois).
The rioters were criminals, you say? Let me alert the press.

The rioters were criminally engaging in social protest. Burning stuff and whatnot. They didn't wave an illegally carried rifle till the inevitable conflict went down. Kyle begged for this to happen.

Quote:
You wanna know why some people admire Kyle Rittenhouse?
Because he protected himself, and survived multiple deadly felonious attackers.
You wanna know why some people are contemptuous of Kyle Rittenhouse?
Because he waltzed, illegally armed, into a riot till he had the opportunity to kill, which he took. Twice.

Don't carry guns into violent places that you have no ******* business even being in unless your intent is to kill. Defending your home is one thing. A ******* field trip to get some bloody target practice is quite another.

Old 1st January 2021, 03:11 PM   #430
webfusion
Philosopher

Did he shoot someone with a gun?
Yes, he shot THREE people who were all engaged at the time with trying to end his life.

JoJo Rosenbaum, who was hooked-up with the gun-carrying career criminal Joshua Ziminsky (aka Alex Blaine), as the two of them (IMO) hatched a plan to steal the AR15 -- an expensive gun, that Ziminski knew would be worth a lot of money in his biker-gang circle of thugs/friends.

This is Rosenbaum's buddy -- a real paragon of society.

Mr. Huber was not very well-trained in the deployment of a skateboard as a deadly weapon to smash someone's skull (use the heavy trucks, not the board), and he found out the hard way what happens when you try to 'cranium' an armed man and fail.

As for Mr. Grosskreutz, that freakshow got exactly what he deserved for his actions. Disgusting guy, who KNEW that Kyle was headed to the cops, and yet,
his only regret was in not blowing Kyle's brains all over the avenue.

Kyle Rittenhouse had NO INTENT to 'gun down' anyone.
He fired at point-blank range against violent attackers who displayed a clear and present danger.

Last edited by webfusion; 1st January 2021 at 03:35 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 03:31 PM   #431
webfusion
Philosopher

More Incitement from the Peanut Gallery

Hot Damn. We gots us a psychic in da house. Tell us more about this conspiracy you overheard.

----- It's on video, as JoJo is screaming at another rifle-toting security man (not Kyle) to "Shoot me, n*gga" Mr. Ziminski (pictured above in a prior arrest photo) is right there alongside brandishing his handgun, as an ally of that mentally-unstable street urchin.
Ziminski then later entered the deadly fray FIRST by firing his gun, as JoJo went chasing after Kyle with the intention to take away the very valuable weapon.

There were a lot of shots fired that night. Not just Kyle's shots.
Who fired these rounds?

The rioters were criminals, you say? Let me alert the press.

The rioters were criminally engaging in social protest. Burning stuff and whatnot. They didn't wave an illegally carried rifle till the inevitable conflict went down. Kyle begged for this to happen.

No.
Kyle did everything he could to avoid having to open fire. Except for JoJo getting hooked up with Ziminski, everyone in Kenosha likely would have gone home safe and alive.

You wanna know why some people are contemptuous of Kyle Rittenhouse?
Because he waltzed, illegally armed, into a riot till he had the opportunity to kill, which he took. Twice.

Three times, if you count disarming, instead of killing, the weapon-carrying Paramedic.

Don't carry guns into violent places that you have no ******* business even being in unless your intent is to kill. Defending your home is one thing. A field trip to get some bloody target practice is quite another.
In Europe, Australia and Canada home defenders already serve more prison time than home invaders.

Last edited by webfusion; 1st January 2021 at 04:28 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 03:38 PM   #432
RolandRat
Graduate Poster

Ky-Ky didn't even live there. He drove to the neighboring State to illegally insert himself into a riot with an illegally carried weapon, evidently provided by a felonious accomplice.

This is not an innocent victim. He got on his knees and ******* begged for this. Or is just too wrapped up in his Avengers fantasy to see that vigalantism is a crime, like it or not.
This is the crux in my opinion. He shouldn't have even been there. Everything that happened afterwards is on him. He willingly went out of his way to seek this out. Committing crime on his way by the looks of it.

So we have a criminal, who willingly went looking for violence. Then shot some people. Fun day out for all, bring the family, see the sights.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 03:40 PM   #433
RolandRat
Graduate Poster

In Europe, Australia and Canada home defenders already serve more prison time than home invaders.

Where those "home defenders" actually defending their home or where they extracting revenge on someone who no longer posed a threat? If you could name some cases then perhaps we can take a look-see.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 04:08 PM   #434
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
This is the crux in my opinion. He shouldn't have even been there. Everything that happened afterwards is on him. He willingly went out of his way to seek this out. Committing crime on his way by the looks of it.

So we have a criminal, who willingly went looking for violence. Then shot some people. Fun day out for all, bring the family, see the sights.
This.

Rittenhouse is probably lucky that Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty for first degree murder*. I would be quite happy to see this little gun-toting scumbag spend the bulk of his remaining life behind bars where he no longer presents a danger to the public.

*ETA: It seems Wisconsin does have the death penalty for "Felony Murder". Is that what Rittenhouse has been charged with?

Last edited by smartcooky; 1st January 2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:13 AM   #435
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Yes, he shot THREE people who were all engaged at the time with trying to end his life.

JoJo Rosenbaum, who was hooked-up with the gun-carrying career criminal Joshua Ziminsky (aka Alex Blaine), as the two of them (IMO) hatched a plan to steal the AR15 -- an expensive gun, that Ziminski knew would be worth a lot of money in his biker-gang circle of thugs/friends.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...13c4.image.jpg

Mr. Huber was not very well-trained in the deployment of a skateboard as a deadly weapon to smash someone's skull (use the heavy trucks, not the board), and he found out the hard way what happens when you try to 'cranium' an armed man and fail.

As for Mr. Grosskreutz, that freakshow got exactly what he deserved for his actions. Disgusting guy, who KNEW that Kyle was headed to the cops, and yet,

He fired at point-blank range against violent attackers who displayed a clear and present danger.
This transcends baseless speculation into outright fanfic.
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:00 AM   #436
webfusion
Philosopher

This transcends baseless speculation into outright fanfic.
Everything I posted is accurate.

This case revolves around two particularly sociopathic fellows -- Alex Blaine and JoJo Rosenbaum, and their connection that night.
Can't ask JoJo what was HIS motivation in attacking Kyle Rittenhouse.

So, that leaves Alex Blaine (Ziminski), and since he will be appearing in court in Kenosha on 'disorderly conduct' charges, maybe someone will actually ask him why he was providing 'covering fire' for JoJo. Or, ask the pink-haired Ashley Krueger (aka Kelly Ziminski).

This is the CASE STUDY in self-defense.
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:05 AM   #437
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Everything I posted is accurate.

This case revolves around two particularly sociopathic fellows -- Alex Blaine and JoJo Rosenbaum, and their connection that night.
Can't ask JoJo what was HIS motivation in attacking Kyle Rittenhouse.

So, that leaves Alex Blaine (Ziminski), and since he will be appearing in court in Kenosha on 'disorderly conduct' charges, maybe someone will actually ask him why he was providing 'covering fire' for JoJo. Or, ask the pink-haired Ashley Krueger (aka Kelly Ziminski).

This is the CASE STUDY in self-defense.
Yes, clearly this was a larceny gone wrong. An elaborate caper motivated by the desire to steal an AR-15, perhaps the most available weapon in the entire country.
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:06 AM   #438
Matthew Best
Philosopher

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...13c4.image.jpg

I don't know what his INTENT was, but he gunned those people down. In other words, he shot them with a gun. Just admit you were wrong, and move on.
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:55 AM   #439
webfusion
Philosopher

I don't know what his INTENT was, but he gunned those people down. In other words, he shot them with a gun. Just admit you were wrong, and move on.
Being shot with a gun can be different than "being gunned down" -- the phrase has a Dictionary definition, and also a common usage.

If you want to be right, then you can be, I am OK with your strange evaluation of "gunned down" in this scene. However, in context, Kyle Rittenhouse didn't go after JoJo and plan to kill him in the street. (what I think of when hearing gunned down). The opposite, actually -- JoJo went after Kyle and tried to take away the expensive rifle
(with Ziminski following the action, and interceding on JoJo's behalf in the robbery) and the shots fired by Kyle were because he feared for his own life. Period.

Last edited by webfusion; 2nd January 2021 at 07:56 AM.
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:56 AM   #440
Matthew Best
Philosopher

The dictionary definition and the common usage are the same: gun down = shoot someone with a gun.

Get over it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors