IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th January 2021, 01:35 PM   #1
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Van Jones on CNN just now: "This is rebellion. This is Treason."

Bravo, Mr. Jones!
Old 6th January 2021, 01:36 PM   #2
Distracted1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
Bravo, Mr. Jones!
I am unclear as to his point?
Is he for or against the principle of "If I can't have it my way, I will burn the country down" ?
Old 6th January 2021, 01:37 PM   #3
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Water also wet and fire also hot.

I mean I don't want to be saractistic, I just wished I actually did live in a world were "Hey violently storming the Capital in an attempt to overturn an election is treason" was just an unsaid assumption and not a "hot take."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:43 PM   #4
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Water also wet and fire also hot.

I mean I don't want to be saractistic, I just wished I actually did live in a world were "Hey violently storming the Capital in an attempt to overturn an election is treason" was just an unsaid assumption and not a "hot take."
This is a level of rhetorical accuracy by the Left that we have not seen for many many years.
Old 6th January 2021, 01:46 PM   #5
Mumbles
Philosopher

So is he saying this isn't "the day Trump became president", then?
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:49 PM   #6
Garrison
Philosopher

The question will be what happens after these terrorists have been rounded up and thrown in jail pending trial? Will the Republicans have an epiphany and realize constantly deriding the democratic process for the sake of a moron like Trump was a bad idea? Or will they as before be so desperate for the support of the deplorables that they will weasel out of full blown condemnation, blaming all of this on the election being 'stolen'?
Old 6th January 2021, 01:51 PM   #7
grunion
Philosopher

I'm really curious to see what Ted Cruz says when he retakes the floor.
“Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome.”
― Charles Mackay, 1841 - Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds
grunion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:53 PM   #8
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Depends on whether he's been able to secure a change of pants, I expect.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:00 PM   #9
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Personally, I'd move to have him expelled if I were a senator, but...
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:02 PM   #10
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

If he doesn't immediately withdraw his objection, we can expect much harsher words from the dissenters than were originally planned.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:02 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

All the "Dont' Tread On Me" flags being waved by the demonstrators made me vomit.
Flags used by genuine Patriots..the people who created this country and won it's indepedence ..are being crapped upon by Traitors. They think they are George Washington, in fact they are Bendedict Arnold.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:03 PM   #12
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Personally, I'd move to have him expelled if I were a senator, but...
Him and all 11 of the GOP members who declared intent to block to vote.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:06 PM   #13
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Depends on whether he's been able to secure a change of pants, I expect.
BRING ME MY BROWN PANTS!

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:11 PM   #14
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod InfoThe Washington insurrection is being talked about across multiple threads, can we try to keep it to one thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=348790
Posted By:Darat
Old 6th January 2021, 02:59 PM   #15
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
BRING ME MY BROWN PANTS!
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 6th January 2021, 04:06 PM   #16
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
All the "Dont' Tread On Me" flags being waved by the demonstrators made me vomit.
Flags used by genuine Patriots..the people who created this country and won it's indepedence ..are being crapped upon by Traitors. They think they are George Washington, in fact they are Bendedict Arnold.
Honestly, we'd be better off as British subjects, all things considered.
Old 6th January 2021, 04:24 PM   #17
dirtywick
Illuminator

eh, they have their own version of trumpism to deal with
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 04:55 PM   #18
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
That's completely unfair! Benedict Arnold had extremely justifiable reasons for turning traitor.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:20 PM   #19
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Deleted, needs to be in a different thread.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 6th January 2021 at 09:22 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 08:56 PM   #20
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Deleted, needs to be in a different thread.
Ah. But which one?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics