IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #1
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

New GOP Caucus to Promote Anglo Saxon Values....

And Marjorie Taylor Green is one of the founders;;

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...tical-n1264338

Now they have even dropped the euphemisms and the dog whisltes.

Anglo Saxon political values????
There has not been a nation governed by Anglo Saxon Political values since 1066.....

And the Architectural bit is priceless...

That sound you hear is McCarthy and the rest of the GOP house leadership banging it head against the walls. The whole game is to promoet bigotry with denialibitly to con the undecided;this caucus blows that strategy to hell. They now have no chioce but to denounce the new Causus or lose the denaiibiliry factor.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #2
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Bah. Always with the Angles and the Saxons. Never any love for the Jutes.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #3
Olmstead
Critical Thinker

... paying off vikings to stop raiding monasteries?
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #4
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I'm sure some of Albert Speer's designs are out of copyright by now.

They could do a nice Haus der Kunst in which to put all their favorite Confederate heroes on horseback.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #5
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
New GOP Caucus to Promote Anglo Saxon Values....
Great. Look forward to a ban on the metric system.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #6
TheSupermeerkat
Muse

The Anglo saxons honoured truth, valor and had a royal family. Surely these things are all antithetical to MTG and her ilk?
TheSupermeerkat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #7
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Pay your Labor Service to the Shire Reeve, Churls.

If we are going to bring back Anglo Saxon Political Traditions let's do it right...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM   #8
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
The Anglo saxons honoured truth, valor and had a royal family. Surely these things are all antithetical to MTG and her ilk?
These idiots would not know Alfred the Great from Ethelred The Unready....

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #9
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Aryan too broad?
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #10
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Aryan too broad?
It includes Iranians, so...yes.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
It includes Iranians, so...yes.
And those damned Irish.....can't have the Celts mess up everything.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #12
Belz...
Fiend God

Anyway, what's wrong with Cro-Magnon values?

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #13
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Angelo Sexy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c42dad_3ec742cc7af746f080fb9e73e73af0bb_mv2.jpg (144.4 KB, 4 views)
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #14
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Or the Picts! Or the Britons!
The Anglo-Saxons were, of course, immigrants who replaced the previous inhabitants of Britain. Emphasis on "replaced".
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #15
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Or the Picts! Or the Britons!
The Anglo-Saxons were, of course, immigrants who replaced the previous inhabitants of Britain. Emphasis on "replaced".
"All and Englishman is is an German who could swim".

BTW recent scholarship has pretty much destroyed the replaced theory of the Anglo Saxon Conquest. Vast majority of Britons servived though a peasents; with the Anglo Saxons as the ruling class.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #16
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Does anyone want to bet MTG learned a new word.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #17
Belz...
Fiend God

America First Caucus....

Gods, these people only know eight words.

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #18
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Just leaving this out there....

Anglo-Saxon paganism...refers to the religious beliefs and practices followed by the Anglo-Saxons between the 5th and 8th centuries AD, during the initial period of Early Medieval England. A variant of Germanic paganism found across much of north-western Europe, it encompassed a heterogeneous variety of beliefs and cultic practices, with much regional variation.

Think they will be offering up a few prayers to the gods Woden or Thunor any time soon as part of their 'Anglo-saxon values'?

(Of course, even if they claim to only want Anglo-Saxon values as they were post-christianization of England, then they should be converting to the Anglican/Church of England religion (i.e. no more evangelicals....)

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot

Last edited by Segnosaur; Yesterday at 04:34 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #19
RolandRat
Graduate Poster

And those damned Irish.....can't have the Celts mess up everything.
Well the Celts were (probably) from Austria originally, just like a certain gentleman Marjorie probably admires.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #20
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post

Perhaps it was spelled (((Jutes))).

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #21
Venom
Illuminator

I love how in the popular imagination we have transplanted Englishmen, but we tend to forget Italy, Spain (by proxy), Netherlands, Eastern Europe, etc. which make up a large chunk of people who check white on the forms.

The fact that people here speak English and share mannerisms within a general American culture I think creates the powerful illusion that there's one white race.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #22
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I love how in the popular imagination we have transplanted Englishmen, but we tend to forget Italy, Spain (by proxy), Netherlands, Eastern Europe, etc. which make up a large chunk of people who check white on the forms.

The fact that people here speak English and share mannerisms within a general American culture I think creates the powerful illusion that there's one white race.
Or even one western culture. Sure, there are some common threads, but there are probably more differences than similarities from one place to the other.

Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #23
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Anglo Saxon political values? Henry the VIII? Off with the wife's head if she questions me.

Or maybe the French and their values displayed in Haiti? Or is that the Normans?
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Anglo Saxon political values? Henry the VIII? Off with the wife's head if she questions me.

Or maybe the French and their values displayed in Haiti? Or is that the Normans?
Henry the VIII was a freaking Welshman.....Anglos Saxon rule had been over for 500 years by the time Henry Tudor took over.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #25
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Goetz has signed up.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #26
Belz...
Fiend God

Goetz has signed up.
"Ok, we're clearly not extreme enough."

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #27
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

The splendid historical documentary "The Last Kingdom" will soon be mandatory in all civics classes.
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #28
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

BTW the current English Monarcy is based upon the Franch model the Normans brought over with them, not the Anglo Saxon Monarchy.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #29
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Does anyone want to bet MTG learned a new word.
Which does not mean what she thinks it;s means....

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #30
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

MTG is now using the standard whine when a politician realizes he or she has really put their foot in their mouth....

"It was taken out of context

Yeah, Right.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #31
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Even when non-racist, over fascination with your "lineage" outside of vague curiosity, to the point, that it becomes anything even resembling part of your "identity" is so goddamn weird to me.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #32
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I am not sure that these morons really understand what "Anglo Saxon" means.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #33
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

It's just another code word for "White." They change every few years.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #34
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
It's just another code word for "White." They change every few years.
That is what I figure.
The idiots would not know Alfred The Great from Ethlered the Unready.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #35
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Quote:
“The saddest thing about any man is that he be ignorant, and the most exciting thing is that he knows.”
― Alfred the Great
Quote:
"Ring out false pride in place and blood, The civic slander and the spite; Ring in the love of truth and right, Ring in the common love of good. Ring out old shapes of foul disease; Ring out the narrowing lust of gold; Ring out the thousand wars of old, Ring in the thousand years of peace."
-- Alfred the Great
How deliciously ironic. Probably think Beowulf was a pack animal, and that mead is served in Chaucers.

So-called lovers of Western culture know nothing about it, and believe "greatness" comes from partying with racists around a bonfire of books.
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #36
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

More and more I thnk MTG's is trying to scam her stupid supporters for every penny she can..jsut like Donnie. She sure as hell does not seem interested in actuallly legislating. That requires work and study....

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #37
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Pay your Labor Service to the Shire Reeve, Churls.

If we are going to bring back Anglo Saxon Political Traditions let's do it right...
And if you can't pay, welcome to Serfdom...

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #38
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Which does not mean what she thinks it;s means....
Apparently.

I really want someone to point out the pagan religion(s) practiced by the last Anglo-Saxons.

Teehehehehe...
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #39
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

MTG is now using the standard whine when a politician realizes he or she has really put their foot in their mouth....

"It was taken out of context

Yeah, Right.
The theme of the caucus she is organizing?

Someone has told her then.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #40
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I'm pretty sure you did that on purpose, but, just in case, or for people who don't recognize it:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics