IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags D.I.D. , Dr. Phil , false memory syndrome , Judy Byington , mind control , mpd , multiple personalities , recovered memory therapy , satanic ritual abuse

Old 28th October 2012, 02:53 PM   #241
douglas mesner
Thinker

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Yep, I can see the story, but no comments. Damn, I hadn't read Byington's foray into Satan's den.
Dammit, does anybody have Byington's quote calling us all "Satan-worshipers"? I knew I needed to grab that, but I've been mostly checking up on things by phone and on-the-go today. This is at least the second time this has happened where we posed some hard questions to Byington, only to have the comments removed (though last time the whole article was removed).
Feel free to let that cheap, irresponsible hack, Kimberly Nelson know what you think directly: http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/...t.aspx#CONTACT
Let the station know what you think of Kimberly Nelson: http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/...t/default.aspx
And feel free to remind both of them that I outlined everything for them before they aired their sensationalist garbage: http://dysgenicsreport.blogspot.com/...elson-new.html
douglas mesner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 02:55 PM   #242
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
I found this: "Hill went to the FBI looking for the parents of the child she had seen killed, Byington says. While an FBI agent who looked at Hill's medical records told Byington that there was confirmation that horrendous torture had occurred, "he wouldn't open up a case for her.""

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/blog-...een-unabl.html
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 03:03 PM   #243
Altus
Critical Thinker

I found this: "Hill went to the FBI looking for the parents of the child she had seen killed, Byington says. While an FBI agent who looked at Hill's medical records told Byington that there was confirmation that horrendous torture had occurred, "he wouldn't open up a case for her.""

Horrendous torture?...I thought she was a missing person? Anybody got info?

Whoops, my misread. I thought you were talking about the little girl. Jebbus, I gotta take up coffee again.

Last edited by Altus; 28th October 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Altus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 03:06 PM   #244
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by Altus View Post
It's not clear if Byington means Hill's "torture" or Shea's. perhaps the author knows.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 03:10 PM   #245
Altus
Critical Thinker

It's not clear if Byington means Hill's "torture" or Shea's. perhaps the author knows.
'Tis a franken-sentence.
Old 28th October 2012, 03:10 PM   #246
douglas mesner
Thinker

Whoops, my misread. I thought you were talking about the little girl. Jebbus, I gotta take up coffee again.
She is a missing person. I believe the reference is to Hill's own medical record, and the idea that it shows signs of horrific abuse may or may not be entirely BS. Why would the FBI man first reach for Hill's medical record, of all things? Also, Hill is a former drug abuser and prostitute with a long history of mental illness. Who knows what the poor woman has actually suffered?
douglas mesner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 03:17 PM   #247
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by douglas mesner View Post
She is a missing person. I believe the reference is to Hill's own medical record, and the idea that it shows signs of horrific abuse may or may not be entirely BS. Why would the FBI man first reach for Hill's medical record, of all things? Also, Hill is a former drug abuser and prostitute with a long history of mental illness. Who knows what the poor woman has actually suffered?
Moreover, if the FBI "wouldn't open a case", then how did they end up with the court order necessary obtain Hill's medical record?

ETA: For that matter, assuming they obtained the medical record (in whatever way), why would they share information from it with this random third person?

Last edited by Checkmite; 28th October 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 03:34 PM   #248
joesixpack
Illuminator

Yeah, I saw this and I was going to comment on it on that site. I'm trying to figure out what source other than Byington herself is provided for this information. I could just as easily say that I had spoken to a CIA representative who reviewed my service record and agreed that I had certainly earned a Congressional Medal of Honor, but that they would be unable to award it to me because of the secrecy of my various missions. This is actually totally true and I expect you all to believe it. Only bed-wetting communists who hate Jesus would doubt this statement.

Anyone?
Old 28th October 2012, 03:45 PM   #249
Altus
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Yeah, I saw this and I was going to comment on it on that site. I'm trying to figure out what source other than Byington herself is provided for this information. I could just as easily say that I had spoken to a CIA representative who reviewed my service record and agreed that I had certainly earned a Congressional Medal of Honor, but that they would be unable to award it to me because of the secrecy of my various missions. This is actually totally true and I expect you all to believe it. Only bed-wetting communists who hate Jesus would doubt this statement.

Anyone?
yup...the NPR interviewer just spouted the stuff she gave her and then let Byington prattle on about mind control etc. She named Rosanne Barr as a victim (I think she had Ross as a therapist) Christ on a pogo stick, Rosanne went on Oprah to recant...I mean flying around the empire state building with banner plane does not compare to that recantation...but Judy just prattles about in her own little world, unchecked by reality or journalists.

Last edited by Altus; 28th October 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Altus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 04:09 PM   #250
douglas mesner
Thinker

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Moreover, if the FBI "wouldn't open a case", then how did they end up with the court order necessary obtain Hill's medical record?

ETA: For that matter, assuming they obtained the medical record (in whatever way), why would they share information from it with this random third person?
Exactly. Byington, again, is unlicensed even as a therapist, so in no official sense could she be considered anything other than a random third person unless, I suppose, given power of attorney. Hill's sister did state on another site that Byington worked out all rights to Hill's story, so you never know how deep the exploitation, the milking of this damaged woman, Hill, actually runs
Old 28th October 2012, 04:16 PM   #251
douglas mesner
Thinker

Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post

Anyone?
Ha! Hilarious as that is, that's exactly the kind of crap you hear from some of the male ritual abuse recovered memory crowd. Look up characters like Duncan O'Finian and Neil Brick. Both of them were top secret action heroes. Nobody CAN confirm their military affiliations, you fools! So top secret were they that you are nothing but naive if you doubt them... despite the fact that Neil Brick looks suspiciously like he couldn't play a rousing game of bingo without hurting himself from over-exertion.

http://dysgenicsreport.blogspot.com/...-unit-197.html

http://www.process.org/discept/2009/...nference-2009/
Old 28th October 2012, 04:48 PM   #252
Checkmite

Ha! Hilarious as that is, that's exactly the kind of crap you hear from some of the male ritual abuse recovered memory crowd. Look up characters like Duncan O'Finian and Neil Brick. Both of them were top secret action heroes. Nobody CAN confirm their military affiliations, you fools! So top secret were they that you are nothing but naive if you doubt them... despite the fact that Neil Brick looks suspiciously like he couldn't play a rousing game of bingo without hurting himself from over-exertion.
Another one is Preston Nichols, progenitor of the so-called "Montauk Project" story which (among many other things) included ritual sexual abuse as part of a military program to create child soldiers. He was also an elite secret military agent who, like all ex-elite-secret-military-agents, has reached somewhat un-militarylike body proportions since his "retirement".
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 05:00 PM   #253
Altus
Critical Thinker

http://dysgenicsreport.blogspot.com/...-unit-197.html

http://www.process.org/discept/2009/...nference-2009/
Doug, man, I thought maybe all this mucking in the conspiracy theories had dented your sense of humor. Glad to see it's still intact.
Old 28th October 2012, 05:13 PM   #254
Altus
Critical Thinker

On the subject of Mr. Brick I, for one, was particularly impressed with his video on the subject of Satanic Abuse...he does have that commanding voice of a CIA agent...if you really listen...with one ear, a six inches under water. But what really blew me away were the production values. I know that companies spend lots of money trying to make videos look "home grown". By those standards, this takes the cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSAmGobbD8

Last edited by Altus; 28th October 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 28th October 2012, 05:48 PM   #255
douglas mesner
Thinker

Another one is Preston Nichols, progenitor of the so-called "Montauk Project" story which (among many other things) included ritual sexual abuse as part of a military program to create child soldiers. He was also an elite secret military agent who, like all ex-elite-secret-military-agents, has reached somewhat un-militarylike body proportions since his "retirement".
Disinformation (publishers of a lot of BS) did a DVD with a great segment about this. It showed that there was a lot of homoerotic energy massage associated with it. In fact, the whole bizarre theory seemed to be a product of overcoming dissonance that comes with repression.
Old 28th October 2012, 06:50 PM   #256
Altus
Critical Thinker

Look up characters like Duncan O'Finian and Neil Brick. Both of them were top secret action heroes. [/url]
It's one thing to have delusions...quite another to be a practicing licensed therapist spouting this stuff all over the Internet and holding conferences. To my knowledge, these therapists carry no warning labels. Somebody who walks into Brick's office, vulnerable and in need of help is at risk of being taken right over the edge by Brick's beliefs. http://www.labdraw.com/doctorlocatio...tor=1568553014
Old 28th October 2012, 07:00 PM   #257
Roma
Master Poster

Here's a letter written by a lawyer/psychologist Dr.Christopher Barden that might be of some interest regarding this idiotic therapy:

http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/reform/letter.shtml
Old 28th October 2012, 07:43 PM   #258
Altus
Critical Thinker

Interesting thing I found out about the "Dr." in the book...he's a social worker. He probably has a phd in some unrelated field...why would a real Dr. have a licensed social worker title?

Our Special Projects Director is Weston Whatcott, Ph.D., L.C.S.W.

Last paragraph on staff. ABC failed to mention any of this.

http://www.westsandsadoption.org/ws/about/
Old 28th October 2012, 08:02 PM   #259
cosmicaug
Graduate Poster

JREFers you rock. By going to http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc...spx?p=Comments and posting your very rational comments, you've changed the discussion in a matter of minutes. In addition, you had a person come and admit he/she engaged Judy in a therapy relationship even though Judy is unlicensed--a mere felony in Utah. Hopefully, the authorities take note. Keep posting...believers are gonna show. But JREFers are changing the story as it shapes. Woot!
Is there any reason why I cannot see these comments when I click on that link?

Comments removed?
cosmicaug is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 08:10 PM   #260
Altus
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by cosmicaug View Post
Is there any reason why I cannot see these comments when I click on that link?

Comments removed?
Yup. There were quite a few comments. Byington even showed up...going on about how we were all Satanists because we asked her questions like: In her video why she was feeding Hill lines? And why she, not Hill, said that Hill was programmed. Hill just sat there were her hands on her lap nodding and meekly said "Yes." Guess it interfered with the story ABC wants.

Last edited by Altus; 28th October 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 28th October 2012, 08:42 PM   #261
joesixpack
Illuminator

Originally Posted by cosmicaug View Post

Comments removed?
The Ministry of Truth came in and wiped 'em out. You would have thought that they would have just closed them down and kept the ones up there as they were, but I think their reporters integrity was being impuned, so they had to remove the evidence and hide the bodies.
Old 28th October 2012, 08:56 PM   #262
Checkmite

Disinformation (publishers of a lot of BS) did a DVD with a great segment about this. It showed that there was a lot of homoerotic energy massage associated with it. In fact, the whole bizarre theory seemed to be a product of overcoming dissonance that comes with repression.
That's my impression as well.

It seems to me that this kind of fantasy world-building is the logical progression of memory-recovery techniques like "storytelling" - if it's true that if you can imagine a scenario where you were ritually-abused then it most likely happened, why does that only have to be true about ritual abuse? If the guy "recovers" being ritually-abused and then being programmed into a time-traveling assassin, what makes the time-travel-assassin-training part any less valid?

By far, of course, the most fascinating part (in my opinion) is the ability of these individuals to recruit others into their delusions. People who read Preston's books may "have a feeling" and seek him out to talk face-to-face; he'll meet them, then help them "recover" that, in a shocking turn of coincidence, they were also ritually raped at the secret air force base and were even close associates of Preston's in his later adventures. Similarly, clients of "therapists" like the one this thread is about, having "discovered" the secret gigantic satanic conspiracy, will not find it odd in the least that more and more victims of the exact same cabal will just happen to walk into her office with repressed memories of their experiences.
Old 28th October 2012, 09:38 PM   #263
truethat
Banned

The website comments got shut down. What can I say.... but the truth hurts.

signed truethat.
truethat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2012, 11:22 PM   #264
Orphia Nay
Tagger

"Felicity Lee"'s review of 22 Faces at Amazon has what appear to be numerous sock puppets praising it.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R157AWC...wasThisHelpful

Odd how only 4 people are tracking the conversation.
Old 29th October 2012, 04:26 AM   #265
Altus
Critical Thinker

"Felicity Lee"'s review of 22 Faces at Amazon has what appear to be numerous sock puppets praising it.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R157AWC...wasThisHelpful

Odd how only 4 people are tracking the conversation.
Yeah, it's looking more and more like FL is sockpuppet/troll (is she/he a sock puppet if there is no tie to the author?) central for the book. She/he/they may have cut their teeth on "Sybil Exposed" . From Nathan's FB:

Debbie Nathan said Sybil Exposed on Amazon just got its 100th reader review! Thanks to all who have taken the time to do one, and to those -- including my loyal band of three trolls -- who have, collectively, written thousands of comments. http://www.amazon.com/Sybil-Exposed-...owViewpoints=1

http://www.facebook.com/DebbieNathanAuthor

Any ideas on how to deal? Doug has screen shots of a couple of IDs, but that's about it. Here's the individual in question's site where she/he/they sell $16.99 flip flops with the site URL to victims of the DID belief.

http://dissociativeidentitydisordergroups.com/

I can't seem to find the non-profit filings on any Ivory Garden Group in Washington state. #603-226-143

Last edited by Altus; 29th October 2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 29th October 2012, 04:31 AM   #266
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Multiple personalities should be able to post under multiple user names. I mean, just to be fair.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2012, 04:35 AM   #267
Altus
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Multiple personalities should be able to post under multiple user names. I mean, just to be fair.
I recall a post on Nathan's Amazon page stating FL might not identify a DID or was just profiting off of it. (I am trying to determine FL's therapist status...one source said it was expired, like Byington.) I'll try to find the quote...of course the post got voted down the minute it appeared...multiple times

Last edited by Altus; 29th October 2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 29th October 2012, 07:28 AM   #268
Roma
Master Poster

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
True, especially if they are being billed separately for each personality that is in therapy, like Nadine Coole whose lawsuit against her nutty therapist is explained in the following link:

http://www.illinoisfms.org/199908ar.htm

* there is a nice photo on that link of Dr.Piper, who is also on the FMSF Scientific Advisory Board. The idiots on the recovered memory blog sites have often referred to the FMSF as being part of the KKK. That might be kinda surprising to Dr.Piper eh ?

Last edited by Roma; 29th October 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Roma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2012, 07:37 AM   #269
Altus
Critical Thinker

I can't seem to find the non-profit filings on any Ivory Garden Group in Washington state.
Never mind...found it. Just trying to determine what kind of sock puppet we are dealing with here.
Old 29th October 2012, 07:53 AM   #270
Roma
Master Poster

..... Similarly, clients of "therapists" like the one this thread is about, having "discovered" the secret gigantic satanic conspiracy, will not find it odd in the least that more and more victims of the exact same cabal will just happen to walk into her office with repressed memories of their experiences.
This brings us back to the reason Orphia Nay posted this thread:
Dr.Phil and his upcoming show on October 31st in which he will be giving credence and his approval as a clinical psychologist for this type of therapy. Millions of Dr.Phil fans in North America consider him an authority in all things psychological and they will be viewing him shaking hands with Byington and thanking her for her efforts to bring this horrible hidden secret of satanic child abuse to the forefront. Then he will tell his enraptured audience that they have all been given copies of Judy Byington's book "22 Faces" to take home with them. Yay!!! Then at the very end of the show there will likely be a close camera shot of his face as he warns the viewing audience of the absolute truth of what Judy Byington has written and then (yes I have watched his show, I admit it) he will put up on the screen a list of symptoms that could mean that you also have been a victim of this type of satanic ritual abuse. Ah yes, the LIST OF SYMPTOMS So as a good and patriotic citizen you should also watch for those symptoms in your neighbours and co-workers.

Maybe we could spend a minute to write to the Dr.Phil Show producers and object to this yet-to-be-aired show:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/

Last edited by Roma; 29th October 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Roma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2012, 08:20 AM   #271
Flo
Illuminator

double post

Last edited by Flo; 29th October 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Flo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2012, 08:26 AM   #272
Flo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Then he will tell his enraptured audience that they have all been given copies of Judy Byington's book "22 Faces" to take home with them. Yay!!! Then at the very end of the show there will likely be a close camera shot of his face as he warns the viewing audience of the absolute truth of what Judy Byington has written and then (yes I have watched his show, I admit it) he will put up on the screen a list of symptoms that could mean that you also have been a victim of this type of satanic ritual abuse. Ah yes, the LIST OF SYMPTOMS So as a good and patriotic citizen you should also watch for those symptoms in your neighbours and co-workers.
Will he also distribute pitchforks and torches ?

I've seen this "Dr" Phil once on tv with Oprah (AKA "the High Priestess of the Sob Story") years ago, and I despite the praise one of my American friend heaped on the couple, I was far from impressed, to say the least. I hope she's distanced herself from these latest developments (she used to be a psych nurse, and I despair at seeing books by Edward, Browne, and such in her house )
Flo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2012, 08:54 AM   #273
joesixpack
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Flo View Post
... I hope she's distanced herself from these latest developments...
Sadly, I don't see that as likely. She was in the middle of it all last time around in the '80s, and as I seem to recall she's hosted a number of "repressed memory" guests and satanic abuse victims. She's somehow gotten herself a better reputation now days, but her show wasn't much better than the other talk shows out there (Sally Jessie, Maury Povitch, and Phil Donahue) when it came to credulous advocacy of crackpot theories and fringe lifestyles.
Old 29th October 2012, 09:45 AM   #274
Altus
Critical Thinker

I've seen this "Dr" Phil once on tv with Oprah (AKA "the High Priestess of the Sob Story") years ago, and I despite the praise one of my American friend heaped on the couple, I was far from impressed, to say the least. I hope she's distanced herself from these latest developments (she used to be a psych nurse, and I despair at seeing books by Edward, Browne, and such in her house )

O gave birth to Dr. Phil I thought and Dr Oz too. But...as people migrate to the Intertubes from the boobtube, hold on to your britches.

Unlicensed folk like Byington are becoming little entrepreneurs...she could only hurt one person a decade ago and she did. Now she has every talk show and news org she lands on helping her to pimp her book (because they get instant viewers) and suck people to her site. ABC-4 has a URL at the end of the story. Someone was pimping Neil Brick's site in the comments yesterday (Neil?) before they were pulled and Doug and I are doing a little investigating of this Felicity sock puppet. Look likes she's spamming every DID book/story with legs to get business too. She absolutely made a celebrity of herself spamming every news story on "Sybil Exposed" and was linked to over 1,000 Amazon comments on Nathan's page...all of them damning. If DID goes, so does her business. Google "Felicity Lee Dissociative Identity" and you get her non-profit site. Judy has also set-up a non profit...Judy takes credit cards.

Meet the DID meme in the age of the Internet. The state licensing boards are clueless...they and telecommunications laws are from the days most still lived in a 30 mile bubble around their homes.
Old 29th October 2012, 10:29 AM   #275
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Bikewer View Post
Back in the 80s, I was actually given a "training film" on "How to Spot Ritual Satanic Activity" that was produced by some ex-copper who had jumped on the Satanic bandwagon.....Quite amusing, actually...
I wonder if that is related to a book by Lindsay E. Smith and Bruce A. Walstad, one of whom I think was a cop. The book is Sting Shift, a good book about street cons and swindles otherwise, but it goes off the deep end with a chapter on Satanic Cults. One chapter begins:
Quote:
Are satanic cults real? Are satanic cults in your area? Are people in satanic cults committing crimes? Unfortunately, the answer to all three questions is "yes."
It includes a chart of satanic symbols and a list of 30 warning signs. #14 is "rooms draped in black or red." Someone better alert the interior designers.
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2012, 10:46 AM   #276
Roma
Master Poster

......she used to be a psych nurse,....
Who used to be a psych nurse ?
I know that the woman Ross re-diagnosed as MPD/DID in Alberta used to be a psych nurse, (his very first MPD/DID patient)
are you referring to someone else ?
Old 29th October 2012, 10:48 AM   #277
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bikewer View Post
Back in the 80s, I was actually given a "training film" on "How to Spot Ritual Satanic Activity" that was produced by some ex-copper who had jumped on the Satanic bandwagon.....Quite amusing, actually...
Haven't heard anything since, unless I watch old X-files repeats....
It wasn't so amusing for the people who were charged with, and in come cases convicted of it.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2012, 11:17 AM   #278
Altus
Critical Thinker

Lest we think that Judy Byington is somehow on the fringe...this guy was trained by the Vatican. (Most Catholic priests are lucky if they see the Vatican as part of a tour.) He has a parish in CA. And, he counsels folk. He might be the guy that your neighbor goes to church and receives communion from. These are the semi-credible folk who escort the Satanic Panic into some real dangerous stuff. He just spoke at Rutgers University last month to 200 people.

Will somebody please tell this Father what year it is? His watch appears stuck in in the 15th century.

And, yes, satanic worshippers are a reality.
“They come in the church and steal the Blessed Sacrament to use in a ‘black mass,’” explained Father Gary Thomas, pastor of Sacred Heart Church in Saratoga, Calif., and the exorcist for the Diocese of San Jose.
He has alerted his fellow priests to this danger — and trained his extraordinary ministers of holy Communion so that they note whether people receiving Communion are actually consuming it, not simply transporting it elsewhere for obscene purposes.
Father Thomas, a priest for 28 years, has even addressed people who appear not to be consuming the Eucharist.
“If I don’t know them, I’ll say, ‘Excuse me, will you please finish consuming the body of Christ in my presence?’” he said.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news...#ixzz2AiGR63Sq
Old 29th October 2012, 11:45 AM   #279
Altus
Critical Thinker

Request....

Could a few of you kind folks go over and click my comment "CritThink" as useful so that this sock puppet "Felicity Lee" does not use her various accounts to hide it? Thanks muchly.

Initial post: Oct 29, 2012 9:25:44 AM PDT
Felicity Lee says:
... You are sadly misled and somehow, have come to a completely incorrect idea here. It should be 'you' and others like you who should be prosecuted for slandering...

CritThink says:
Hi Pat, I mean Felicity. Actually, the post is a compliment to Judy...Judy doesn't even have license. That's a fact. Pat, er, um, Felicity. Can you tell me about the status of Patricia's license? There's an online article being considered about how people soliciting business go to online sites like Nathan's and this and post under various names (Say Hi to Lori King) to solicit business so that when people Google their name and the term dissociative identity, it leads to their non-profit site. Would you like to be in it? It's free publicity. Just trying to help...

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2A67FW...x3S16W6LCG1U1R

Last edited by Altus; 29th October 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 29th October 2012, 02:14 PM   #280
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
please contact: Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Aungst 814-696-6100 You may remain anonymous when submitting information. Agency Case Number: G01-0002607
With due respect, this would merely waste the detectives' time in order to make a point in an argument that has nothing much to do with that police department.

There's no need to do this. You've made your point that the book claims evidence of a murder, but they haven't contacted the appropriate authorities. That's all that needs to be said. We certainly shouldn't encourage others to distract investigators from their legitimate jobs.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal