ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags police issues , police misconduct charges

Old 8th January 2020, 10:39 AM   #1761
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
He is claiming medical disability related to PTSD from the event in which he gunned downed an unarmed man crawling on his hands and knees, begging for his life.

I am astounded by how grotesque this is.
The funny thing is that I was looking for a different cop who got disability for shooting an unarmed man.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ty/2703702001/

"A former Brown Deer police officer who faced felony charges for shooting an unarmed man in the back is collecting more than $57,000 a year tax-free through duty disability insurance.

Devon Kraemer, 30, could receive the payments for life.

Kraemer was not convicted of aggravated battery because the jury in her February 2018 trial could not agree on a verdict. Two months later, Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said his office would not retry the case."
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 11:39 AM   #1762
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

All that matters is our hero police made it home safe at the end of their shift. #bluelivesmatter.

It's insane the cowardly defenses we allow our police to make with straight faces. A man, on his hands and knees, tried to pull up his pants while sobbing and got shot by a cop with a rifle. It would be too dangerous for our brave police to wait the extra half-second to determine whether or not this was any actual danger. They only had him down on the floor with two guns pointed at him, couldn't risk it.

ACAB
Who was only trying to pull up his trousers in order to comply with the cop's mutually contradictory orders, if it's the case I remember.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 12:08 PM   #1763
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Who was only trying to pull up his trousers in order to comply with the cop's mutually contradictory orders, if it's the case I remember.
Of course it is natural for a cop to panic when confronted by a man in shorts, it is the job of the public to talk the panicking cop down without being shot of course. The killing of Philando Castile is a good example of how to properly and rationally talk down a panicking cop after they already killed your partner.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 12:24 PM   #1764
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

All these incidents just remind me of the absurd inversion of responsibility our society has in the US.

A legally armed civilian would be in jail for such a shooting. There is much less latitude for ordinary people to explain away unnecessary killings with the "I was in fear for my life" excuse. If you have a concealed weapons permit, you had better be sure before you pull the trigger.

Police, the agents of the state with extensive training, are allowed to be trigger happy ********. Any irregularity is an acceptable excuse to mag dump into an unarmed man.
Old 8th January 2020, 03:40 PM   #1765
autumn1971
Illuminator

All these incidents just remind me of the absurd inversion of responsibility our society has in the US.

A legally armed civilian would be in jail for such a shooting. There is much less latitude for ordinary people to explain away unnecessary killings with the "I was in fear for my life" excuse. If you have a concealed weapons permit, you had better be sure before you pull the trigger.

Police, the agents of the state with extensive training, are allowed to be trigger happy ********. Any irregularity is an acceptable excuse to mag dump into an unarmed man.
“A totally unregulated militia, being unreasonably assumed necessary for the subjugation of a free state...”
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 08:02 PM   #1766
deadrose
Illuminator

The worst case I am aware of (and thankfully, the law was changed afterwards) was a cop who claimed disability on the grounds that he was in prison for molesting his stepdaughter. He got it, because there weren't any rules against it (the disability claim, not the molestation) at the time. I'm really not going to give more details than that, because she deserves her life to be free of having that dredged up repeatedly.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 04:54 PM   #1767
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Cleveland cop who urinated on girl as she waited for bus gets 4 1/2 years in prison

Nhiwatiwa was off-duty when he drove up to the girl as she waited for the bus to take her to school, and asked her if she needed a ride, court records say. The girl refused his offers and he drove away, court records say.

Nhiwatiwa then returned on foot, pulled out his cellphone and recorded himself as he urinated on her, according to court records.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 05:07 PM   #1768
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Clearly a case of deep mental illness.
Old 22nd January 2020, 06:37 PM   #1769
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Highest-Paid Baltimore Cop Facing Decades in Prison for Crimes Caught on Camera

For years, Baltimore Police Sergeant Ethan Newberg racked up overtime hours by destroying innocent lives, a thug of a cop who made up the law as he went along, punishing citizens who dared question his tactics or record his arrests.

Newberg, 49, was indicted after investigators reviewed 12-months of footage from his own body camera and determined he had established a “pattern and practice of harassment and intimidation." Many of those crimes were committed while milking the taxpayers on overtime, making $260,000 in the 2019 fiscal year, more than any other city employee including the police commissioner and mayor.

Now he is the 20th Baltimore police officer to have either been suspended, sentenced or arrested this year for crimes committed in the line of duty. Judging by his arrogance in the video, Newberg believed he was invincible. Untouchable. After 24 years on the force, nobody was going to tell him what to do.

His behavior went unchecked until the arrival of the new police commissioner.
https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops-...t06C2L1Cwvzz9g
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:14 PM   #1770
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Clearly a case of deep mental illness.
Only as in the sense of all people who assault and abuse kids.

The reason the report belongs in this thread is that 1) he left the police force and surrended his licence for being a police officer in his state as part of his plea agreement and 2) the "Jones and Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Jennifer Driscoll criticized the Euclid police department for not taking the girl’s report seriously at first."
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:28 PM   #1771
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
And that was from a review of only his last 11 months of behaviour!

I would say he is an example of how "good cops" allow the bad ones amongst them to flourish however given this "... Earlier this month, Mosby announced she has a list containing the names of*more than 300 cops*from the Baltimore Police Department who has integrity or credibility issues..." it would seem to be more likely it is the police force that is "bad" not just individual officers. (Wikipedia has the police force having 2514 officers in 2017.)
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:02 AM   #1772
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
And that was from a review of only his last 11 months of behaviour!

I would say he is an example of how "good cops" allow the bad ones amongst them to flourish however given this "... Earlier this month, Mosby announced she has a list containing the names of*more than 300 cops*from the Baltimore Police Department who has integrity or credibility issues..." it would seem to be more likely it is the police force that is "bad" not just individual officers. (Wikipedia has the police force having 2514 officers in 2017.)
I'm going to emphasize this again, as a person who lives nearby: the complete untrustworthiness of the police has been known for years - when people don't trust police at all, witnesses will refuse to talk to them, and younger men often use violence to settle disputes. It's often outright ruinous for communities.

Meanwhile, in NYC, this tweet from the Police Benevolence Association attempting to rally people to bring back onerous bail may not have gone over the way they thought it would...
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 05:53 AM   #1773
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

A rare win for police accountability, officer who shot dog who was fully restrained on a leash and presented no danger was denied qualified immunity.

https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/sta...69429767286789

A rare setback for the rampant phenomena of police killing dogs.

True justice would be criminal charges for the officer recklessly and needlessly opening fire and killing an animal for no good reason, but that's just a pipe dream. No QI from a civil suit is a start though.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 23rd January 2020 at 06:13 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:22 AM   #1774
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

The train looked great. Maybe they should just pay the "taggers".

The story of Jax's death is heartbreaking, and I'm glad the cop was convicted. Maybe they need to start applying the same principles to people who are crawling on the floor and begging for their lives too.
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:37 AM   #1775
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Surveillance footage of a police killing has been released. The officer involved had been cleared of any wrong doing by the department, despite the video clearly showing that the officer fired at the man's back, either while he was walking or running away.

The cop gunned him down while he was retreating. The cops are seem to be taking the line that since the man had been previously brandishing a firearm, shooting him down while fleeing was lawful.

Link to videos in article.

https://apnews.com/b2b8214a1311046760a681798ee7bcd2
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:47 AM   #1776
Max_mang
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
As I stated before, we are literally paying these people to brutalize us. It seems we should have more power to stop these situations since we're paying the bill, instead of waiting until someone high up in the police force decides to get around to it.
Max_mang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:01 PM   #1777
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Max_mang View Post
As I stated before, we are literally paying these people to brutalize us. It seems we should have more power to stop these situations since we're paying the bill, instead of waiting until someone high up in the police force decides to get around to it.
You're proceeding on the unwarranted assumption that the majority of people are against police brutality. I don't think they are. I think a majority (or large plurality) accept it as long as it isn't committed against those about whom they personally care. My [non-scientific] evidence for this is that people look for ways to justify even acts of police brutality that are recorded with video and audio. They might even believe that police brutality is a key reason our society is as safe as it is.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 09:54 PM   #1778
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
You're proceeding on the unwarranted assumption that the majority of people are against police brutality. I don't think they are. I think a majority (or large plurality) accept it as long as it isn't committed against those about whom they personally care. My [non-scientific] evidence for this is that people look for ways to justify even acts of police brutality that are recorded with video and audio. They might even believe that police brutality is a key reason our society is as safe as it is.
I agree that the majority or large plurality are okay (or don't have much of a problem) with the level of police brutality. But I have [quasi-scientific] evidence that it has to do with diversity and loss of social cohesion. The police don't have an affinity for the communities they are policing like they do in homogeneous countries. The people they police aren't like them and there's much less guilt for mistreating them. The police also have to take into account each race and ethnicity's predilection of criminal behavior. The more "diverse" the city, the more problems presented for the police. (Not a whole lot of gun violence in Boise, Idaho, similarly there are not many acid attacks in Bath, England.)

Other "diverse" countries have similar problems as I've mentioned several times before (but can't get anyone to comment for some reason.) Brazil has 6 times per capita the number of police killings and of course Brazil is multiracial, multiethnic with much fractionalization within the country - even more diverse than US. Mexico is also very diverse, and forget coming up with any numbers of police killings as they're mostly on the cartel's payroll. But it's safe to say even the US police - with all their problems - is way better than Mexico's.

This forum Europomorphizes everything. They can only see things through the lens of a white person living in a white country.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2020, 09:20 AM   #1779
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Video released from 2015 medical neglect case that resulted in the death of the inmate.

I've seen a lot of these police abuse videos and this one is extremely upsetting. Unlike many other such videos, this one has audio.

The man, 26 year old Terral Ellis, died slowly over several days due to untreated sepsis related to pneumonia. Cameras captured video and audio of Ellis as he slowly died, begging jail staff to get him medical aid as his condition deteriorated. Audio repeatedly captured Ellis accurately describing his symptoms and begging for aid, only to be verbally abused and neglected by jail staff.

EMS was once called after Ellis had a seizure, but jail staff informed the medics that they believed him to be faking his illness and urged them not to take him to the hospital.

Jail staff repeatedly mocked him and accused him of faking his illness, even as he legs began to change colors and he was unable to walk to get water or urinate.

The final interaction with jail staff before Ellis died resulted in the jail nurse threatening him with discipline and further restraint if he didn't stop complaining. He later lost consciousness and only then was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Nobody has been charged for this death and the only consequence is an unresolved civil case.

Ellis voluntarily surrendered himself to the jail at the urging of his grandmother. He was serving time for a DUI case and only survived 12 days in custody.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mments-wrapper

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 31st January 2020 at 09:23 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2020, 10:35 AM   #1780
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Video released from 2015 medical neglect case that resulted in the death of the inmate.

I've seen a lot of these police abuse videos and this one is extremely upsetting. Unlike many other such videos, this one has audio.

The man, 26 year old Terral Ellis, died slowly over several days due to untreated sepsis related to pneumonia. Cameras captured video and audio of Ellis as he slowly died, begging jail staff to get him medical aid as his condition deteriorated. Audio repeatedly captured Ellis accurately describing his symptoms and begging for aid, only to be verbally abused and neglected by jail staff.

EMS was once called after Ellis had a seizure, but jail staff informed the medics that they believed him to be faking his illness and urged them not to take him to the hospital.

Jail staff repeatedly mocked him and accused him of faking his illness, even as he legs began to change colors and he was unable to walk to get water or urinate.

The final interaction with jail staff before Ellis died resulted in the jail nurse threatening him with discipline and further restraint if he didn't stop complaining. He later lost consciousness and only then was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Nobody has been charged for this death and the only consequence is an unresolved civil case.

Ellis voluntarily surrendered himself to the jail at the urging of his grandmother. He was serving time for a DUI case and only survived 12 days in custody.

That "nurse" Horn is a callous beast. I hope the lot of them get nailed to the ******* wall.
Old 31st January 2020, 11:05 AM   #1781
3point14
Pi

Jesus. ******* Christ.

I haven't seen the video. honestly, I don't want to, I'm not brave enough.

If I were to take a wild guess at this man's ethnicity, would I be right?

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2020, 11:16 AM   #1782
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Jesus. ******* Christ.

I haven't seen the video. honestly, I don't want to, I'm not brave enough.

If I were to take a wild guess at this man's ethnicity, would I be right?
Probably not. It's a white dude.
Old 31st January 2020, 11:19 AM   #1783
3point14
Pi

Probably not. It's a white dude.
I should have watched the vid and not made wild assumptions.

Thank you.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2020, 11:21 AM   #1784
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

This is what white privilege looks like.
Old 31st January 2020, 12:56 PM   #1785
DragonLady
Illuminator

I don't want to watch the video, either. But the OP is enough to make me think every staff member of the facility who had any interaction with the inmate should be fired, prosecuted and sued into a lifetime of bankruptcy.

“She would be half a planet away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by moonlight to flamenco guitar.” ~ Janet Fitch

The Gweat and Tewwible Winged One
DragonLady is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2020, 03:57 AM   #1786
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
That "nurse" Horn is a callous beast. I hope the lot of them get nailed to the ******* wall.
Not going to happen, this is normal and expected.
Old 3rd February 2020, 06:50 AM   #1787
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Not going to happen, this is normal and expected.
Indeed, they are acting with agency.
Old 11th February 2020, 03:45 AM   #1788
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Cop rapes woman after domestic violence call gets probation because prison is to hard on cops.

"“I understand he made a moral mistake,” William Ollie Alexander III said. “My son is a law enforcement officer. I think you, I and all the men and women of the jury know what happens to law enforcement officers in prison.”"

https://nypost.com/2020/02/03/former...ars-probation/
Old 11th February 2020, 03:59 AM   #1789
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Well of course it would be cruel and unusual for cops to be held accountable for their crimes.

Or at least unusual

Last edited by Puppycow; 11th February 2020 at 04:01 AM.
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2020, 04:06 AM   #1790
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Seriously though, think about it.

If "what happens to any person in prison" were to be considered, then you couldn't send anyone to prison, could you?

Besides, police officers actually get special treatment. They aren't just put in with the general population. So it isn't even true.
Old 11th February 2020, 05:13 AM   #1791
erlando
Graduate Poster

Cop rapes woman after domestic violence call gets probation because prison is to hard on cops.

"“I understand he made a moral mistake,” William Ollie Alexander III said. “My son is a law enforcement officer. I think you, I and all the men and women of the jury know what happens to law enforcement officers in prison.”"

A "moral mistake"?!?!! Sexual assault is a "moral mistake" now?

If anyone should go to jail it should be a cop sexually assaulting a victim of a case of domestic violence said cop was called out to. In this case it should be an aggravating circumstance that he was a cop.
Old 11th February 2020, 05:17 AM   #1792
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by erlando View Post
A "moral mistake"?!?!! Sexual assault is a "moral mistake" now?

If anyone should go to jail it should be a cop sexually assaulting a victim of a case of domestic violence said cop was called out to. In this case it should be an aggravating circumstance that he was a cop.
ISTM that a specialist cops-only prison would be a good counter to the "You can't put cops in prison because it's a death sentence" argument. It doesn't seem like there's a lack of custom available.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2020, 05:17 AM   #1793
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

The problem demonstrated. This wasn't the result of the legal system protecting their own. A jury handed out this lenient sentence.

We're a nation of bootlickers.
Old 14th February 2020, 04:11 PM   #1794
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

Jaylan Butler, college swimmer

I have not followed this thread, and I am not quite sure that the present thread is the right place for this story. In brief, some college athletes from Charleston, Illinois were stretching their legs while returning from a meet. Some cops showed up (they did not all arrive simultaneously and seemed to have been from different jurisdictions). They threatened to blow the [expletive deleted] head off of Jaylan Butler, a black, nineteen-year-old swimmer and pinned him to the ground. Mr. Butler was handcuffed and taken to a squad car. It became clear that Mr. Butler was not who the cops were looking for, but almost a year later it is not clear who or what they were looking for. The ACLU has become involved in a suit that was filed in Rock Island, IL.

Unless it is a crime to take a selfie in front of a seatbelt sign, I don't have any explanation for what happened.
Old 14th February 2020, 04:18 PM   #1795
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

The police should be disarmed.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2020, 03:42 PM   #1796
chrispy
Muse

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
I have not followed this thread, and I am not quite sure that the present thread is the right place for this story. In brief, some college athletes from Charleston, Illinois were stretching their legs while returning from a meet. Some cops showed up (they did not all arrive simultaneously and seemed to have been from different jurisdictions). They threatened to blow the [expletive deleted] head off of Jaylan Butler, a black, nineteen-year-old swimmer and pinned him to the ground. Mr. Butler was handcuffed and taken to a squad car. It became clear that Mr. Butler was not who the cops were looking for, but almost a year later it is not clear who or what they were looking for. The ACLU has become involved in a suit that was filed in Rock Island, IL.

Unless it is a crime to take a selfie in front of a seatbelt sign, I don't have any explanation for what happened.
This has to be one of the most shocking reports I have read in quite a while. I'm just happy he's still alive to get justice
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 09:48 AM   #1797
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

more on the Eastern Illinois swimmer case

“My dad taught me at a young age what to do when you are stopped by police officers – stop instantly, put your hands up, drop anything you are holding, and drop to your knees,” said Jaylan. “I hoped I would never have to use this advice in my life, but all that changed in seconds.” ACLU.

I agree that this is shocking, but it is also puzzling. We still don't know what set the ball rolling.
Old 16th February 2020, 10:32 AM   #1798
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

“My dad taught me at a young age what to do when you are stopped by police officers – stop instantly, put your hands up, drop anything you are holding, and drop to your knees,” said Jaylan. “I hoped I would never have to use this advice in my life, but all that changed in seconds.” ACLU.

I agree that this is shocking, but it is also puzzling. We still don't know what set the ball rolling.
Sadly as has been shown a few times in this thread that is not advice that will always keep you alive.
Old 16th February 2020, 10:39 AM   #1799
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

We still don't know what set the ball rolling.
Being in possession of dark coloured skin in a public place?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2020, 12:34 PM   #1800
chrispy
Muse

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Being in possession of dark coloured skin in a public place?
Yep. Pretty much. I'm a mixed race dude and my ex of a decade was a very, very dark girl. She was terrified that we would have a son because of situations like this. And when I say terrified, I mean terrified. It was a constant topic and problem in our relationship.
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events