ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th January 2020, 06:50 AM   #1
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Questions About the Law Reguarding a Senator of The United States?

Could A Senator Not Taking seriously a Cry for Help, when one of His Constituents calls him
begging for his help in contacting the FBI because his life is being Threatened and his right to free speech is being curtailed and block do to violence and Intimidation,
Be considered be a civil Rights Crime?
Just wondering?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 06:51 AM   #2
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Depends. Is the request he gets more or less coherent then your post?
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 07:06 AM   #3
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Depends. Is the request he gets more or less coherent then your post?
The Request was for the Number too the FBI, after an attempted Stabbing, the third crime against the person in two month by an online hate group.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 07:24 AM   #4
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

No.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 07:38 AM   #5
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
No.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you that's what I thought, refusing to help, just to give the FBIs phone Number, is not a crime even if it is Morally wrong, Thank you I Understand, allowing people's Rights to be violated happens all the time in politics.
Old 16th January 2020, 08:02 AM   #6
Finster
Graduate Poster

Why would you call a senator to get the FBI's phone number? It's not a secret - in fact it's probably a lot easier to find than a senator's phone number.
Old 16th January 2020, 08:17 AM   #7
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Why would you call a senator to get the FBI's phone number? It's not a secret - in fact it's probably a lot easier to find than a senator's phone number.
Because Your cell phone was busted in the fight, dropped in a mud puddle and wet, 411 was down and was calling from a pay phone at a store that was closed and the card the senator gave you was in your wallet, oh and no phone book at the payphone.
Sorry I asked this on here now, I already knew the answer was no, just wanted to make sure.
Old 16th January 2020, 08:21 AM   #8
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Because Your cell phone was busted in the fight, dropped in a mud puddle and wet, 411 was down and was calling from a pay phone at a store that was closed and the card the senator gave you was in your wallet, oh and no phone book at the payphone.

A lot of
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 08:33 AM   #9
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post

A lot of
I know but reallity isn't kind sometimes like finding the pass port of a 9/11High Jacker on the subject walk after a plane crash coincidences happen.
It helps if you have meet and Talked to the Senator and he knew you.
Old 16th January 2020, 08:47 AM   #10
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

How is it morally wrong?

What help was the Senator supposed to give? The best thing he could possibly do is put you in touch with the FBI. And the FBI is already trivially easy to get in touch with.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 08:54 AM   #11
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
How is it morally wrong?

What help was the Senator supposed to give? The best thing he could possibly do is put you in touch with the FBI. And the FBI is already trivially easy to get in touch with.
The phone Number too the FBI would have been helpful, instead of saying go find a phone book and hanging up the phone.
Old 16th January 2020, 08:59 AM   #12
Finster
Graduate Poster

Sorry I asked this on here now, I already knew the answer was no, just wanted to make sure.
The FBI doesn't generally do emergency response - Even if you had reached the FBI they would have told you to hang up and dial 911 to contact local law enforcement or medical aid.
Old 16th January 2020, 09:05 AM   #13
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The phone Number too the FBI would have been helpful, instead of saying go find a phone book and hanging up the phone.
I'm still not seeing the immorality. Let alone the civil rights crime.

If it had been an emergency, you would have dialed 911 instead of the Senator's office (I assume it was his office, and not his private line). Did you even talk to the Senator, on that call?

Anyway, if it had been an emergency, you would have dialed 911. You didn't, therefore it was not an emergency. You didn't need the FBI immediately. You could have waited until you got to whatever computer you're currently posting from, looked up the number, and gone to a phone to dial it. No need to call up the Senator's office like it's your personal switchboard, and call it a crime when they understandably disagree.

Though, if I understand the scenario correctly, there was a violent assault on the street. The victim's phone was broken, but they were able to find a pay phone nearby.

I think the obvious thing to do in that scenario is call the local police to report the actual crime that just occurred. Then get the FBI's contact info from them. Use the phone and phone book at the police station.

What are the FBI supposed to do, in that situation? They're not going to hop in their FBI van and rush down to the scene of the assault. If you'd gotten through to them, they'd have told you to report local crimes to the local authorities.

If, somehow, you'd managed to convince them that you were reporting a federal crime, then what? They'd take down your information, take your prelim statement over the phone, and if it was convincing, they'd send a couple agents around in a couple days or so for a more thorough interview. There's nothing there that requires immediate action from anybody. All of that could easily wait a day or more, for you to get the number and make the call.

I wouldn't be personal switchboard for anyone who wasn't a close personal friend or close family, and even then I might not bother if it's some non-urgent basic life task that any healthy child can accomplish on their own.

---

I gotta say, this seems like a really weird and wrong-headed hill to die on, man. Is there something else weighing on your mind?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 09:39 AM   #14
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Finster View Post
The FBI doesn't generally do emergency response - Even if you had reached the FBI they would have told you to hang up and dial 911 to contact local law enforcement or medical aid.
I wasn't dying from a nick of the wrist, I had already bandaged it what I was worried about was that Racist had put a price on my head that people were trying to collect, that did concern me some thought the FBI might actually help in that.
Old 16th January 2020, 09:42 AM   #15
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I wasn't dying from a nick of the wrist, I had already bandaged it what I was worried about was that Racist had put a price on my head that people were trying to collect, that did concern me some thought the FBI might actually help in that.
They would have helped you by telling you to call 911 and get local authorities involved. If it turned out to be a federal matter, the FBI would be brought in either by the local cops, or on their own initiative.

... Are you being gangstalked?
Old 16th January 2020, 09:44 AM   #16
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I'm still not seeing the immorality. Let alone the civil rights crime.

If it had been an emergency, you would have dialed 911 instead of the Senator's office (I assume it was his office, and not his private line). Did you even talk to the Senator, on that call?

Anyway, if it had been an emergency, you would have dialed 911. You didn't, therefore it was not an emergency. You didn't need the FBI immediately. You could have waited until you got to whatever computer you're currently posting from, looked up the number, and gone to a phone to dial it. No need to call up the Senator's office like it's your personal switchboard, and call it a crime when they understandably disagree.

Though, if I understand the scenario correctly, there was a violent assault on the street. The victim's phone was broken, but they were able to find a pay phone nearby.

I think the obvious thing to do in that scenario is call the local police to report the actual crime that just occurred. Then get the FBI's contact info from them. Use the phone and phone book at the police station.

What are the FBI supposed to do, in that situation? They're not going to hop in their FBI van and rush down to the scene of the assault. If you'd gotten through to them, they'd have told you to report local crimes to the local authorities.

If, somehow, you'd managed to convince them that you were reporting a federal crime, then what? They'd take down your information, take your prelim statement over the phone, and if it was convincing, they'd send a couple agents around in a couple days or so for a more thorough interview. There's nothing there that requires immediate action from anybody. All of that could easily wait a day or more, for you to get the number and make the call.

I wouldn't be personal switchboard for anyone who wasn't a close personal friend or close family, and even then I might not bother if it's some non-urgent basic life task that any healthy child can accomplish on their own.

---

I gotta say, this seems like a really weird and wrong-headed hill to die on, man. Is there something else weighing on your mind?
The victim Wasn't concerned about the little punk and his girl friend, but about the Information he learned from what the girl Friend said when he was choking the life out of the little punk.
She actually said it wasn't personal he just needed the money to pay her fine to keep her out if Jail.
In other words it was a job.
Old 16th January 2020, 09:48 AM   #17
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The victim Wasn't concerned about the little punk and his girl friend, but about the Information he learned from what the girl Friend said when he was choking the life out of the little punk.
She actually said it wasn't personal he just needed the money to pay her fine to keep her out if Jail.
In other words it was a job.
Why didn't you dial 911 and report that immediately?

ETA: Also, did you end up talking to the FBI? What did they say?

Last edited by theprestige; 16th January 2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old 16th January 2020, 09:56 AM   #18
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

No I was going to call once I got home, and borrowed my brothers I phone, but I found a letter in the Mail box with a picture of my Teenage Niece in West Virginia with a red gunsite over her image and a clear message if I stayed silent she would not be harmed, so I decided to hide and not say anything.
Old 16th January 2020, 09:59 AM   #19
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

This was occuring over state lines, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and the local Sheriff advised me to call the FBI.
Old 16th January 2020, 10:10 AM   #20
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

No I was going to call once I got home, and borrowed my brothers I phone, but I found a letter in the Mail box with a picture of my Teenage Niece in West Virginia with a red gunsite over her image and a clear message if I stayed silent she would not be harmed, so I decided to hide and not say anything.
This was occuring over state lines, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and the local Sheriff advised me to call the FBI.
I think you need to get professional help for this as soon as possible.
Old 16th January 2020, 10:12 AM   #21
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Also, your niece's parents probably deserve to know about the threat against her daughter's life, so they can make an informed decision about her safety.

Whatever is going on here, you seem to be playing it all wrong at every possible opportunity.
Old 16th January 2020, 10:47 AM   #22
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Also, your niece's parents probably deserve to know about the threat against her daughter's life, so they can make an informed decision about her safety.

Whatever is going on here, you seem to be playing it all wrong at every possible opportunity.
This happened Years ago, 2008 and my niece is an Adult now, these were powerful people, and Mitch McConnell's letting me down after I knew and Supported him for year really hurt. My family had been Republican since before Abriham Lincoln was Arrested and My Great Great Grandfather was a juror at his trial. My Cousin was a Federal Marshall appointed By Ronald Reagan.
I was hurt the very people I trusted most seemed to be the ones wanting me dead.
Old 16th January 2020, 10:57 AM   #23
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

This happened Years ago, 2008 and my niece is an Adult now, these were powerful people, and Mitch McConnell's letting me down after I knew and Supported him for year really hurt. My family had been Republican since before Abriham Lincoln was Arrested and My Great Great Grandfather was a juror at his trial. My Cousin was a Federal Marshall appointed By Ronald Reagan.
I was hurt the very people I trusted most seemed to be the ones wanting me dead.
I'm doubling down on the "get professional help soon" advice.
Old 16th January 2020, 10:59 AM   #24
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I know the whole thing started on the 9/11Conspiracy Theories on Jref in 2007.
But if I post the whole entire story it would probably be moved to Abandon all Hope or to the Conspiracy theories section. And I truly did want to know about the legal Questions.
Old 16th January 2020, 11:01 AM   #25
Loss Leader

Thank you that's what I thought, refusing to help, just to give the FBIs phone Number, is not a crime even if it is Morally wrong, Thank you I Understand, allowing people's Rights to be violated happens all the time in politics.

Allowing people's rights to be violated happens all the time everywhere by everybody. There are children in developing nations being forced to marry men 40 years older than them. That seems like a clear violation of human rights. And, with just a phone call or two, you can find out who is best equipped to help them, what those people need most from you (money), and where to send it. A couple google searches more and you can be sure you've connected with a real, helpful charity and not a scam.

Sending as little as twenty dollars a month will help save those girls lives. But you don't send the money. You don't make the phone calls. You don't look up the charities to make sure thy're legitimate.

Why don't you? You're allowing those girls' rights to be violated. Yet you do nothing? Why not? Do you hate young girls? Do you want to see them be economically, socially and sexually abused? You are allowing someone's rights to be violated. You're Morally wrong.

All for what? An extra twenty bucks a month in your pocket? That's sad.

Or, and hear me out, you're not a horrendous monster. You're a regular person. You make the same moral compromises as all of us.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2020, 11:05 AM   #26
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Allowing people's rights to be violated happens all the time everywhere by everybody. There are children in developing nations being forced to marry men 40 years older than them. That seems like a clear violation of human rights. And, with just a phone call or two, you can find out who is best equipped to help them, what those people need most from you (money), and where to send it. A couple google searches more and you can be sure you've connected with a real, helpful charity and not a scam.

Sending as little as twenty dollars a month will help save those girls lives. But you don't send the money. You don't make the phone calls. You don't look up the charities to make sure thy're legitimate.

Why don't you? You're allowing those girls' rights to be violated. Yet you do nothing? Why not? Do you hate young girls? Do you want to see them be economically, socially and sexually abused? You are allowing someone's rights to be violated. You're Morally wrong.

All for what? An extra twenty bucks a month in your pocket? That's sad.

Or, and hear me out, you're not a horrendous monster. You're a regular person. You make the same moral compromises as all of us.
Actually I do send money to those charities when I can.
Old 16th January 2020, 03:53 PM   #27
Loss Leader

Actually I do send money to those charities when I can.

When you can? Let me ask you this: Is your quality of life better than those girls? If not, you're not even doing your part. And you could do more than that if you really cared about Morality. The truth is that you know of ways you could help the less fortunate and you don't do them.

L. Leader
Old 16th January 2020, 04:05 PM   #28
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

When you can? Let me ask you this: Is your quality of life better than those girls? If not, you're not even doing your part. And you could do more than that if you really cared about Morality. The truth is that you know of ways you could help the less fortunate and you don't do them.
That's one of the sad things if I was left alone I could have done more for them, but it might have been better off for the world If I was never born at all.
If I had never been born Donald John Trump probably would not be President.
Old 16th January 2020, 05:52 PM   #29
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

That's one of the sad things if I was left alone I could have done more for them, but it might have been better off for the world If I was never born at all.
If I had never been born Donald John Trump probably would not be President.
If that is what you told the Senator then you are lucky he didn't call a mental hospital.
Old 16th January 2020, 06:34 PM   #30
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
If that is what you told the Senator then you are lucky he didn't call a mental hospital.
It's just the Truth without Birtherism there would have been no president Trump.
Old 17th January 2020, 06:47 AM   #31
Suddenly
No Punting

I'm doubling down on the "get professional help soon" advice.
Yeah.

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
"Sir, this is a Wendy's"
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors