ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th August 2017, 04:42 PM   #1161
Marcus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
You missed the point. You propose a reason people WANT to believe in an afterlife. I think your reason is wrong. I think people believe in an afterlife because they accept that others have insights and have been told there is some sort of heaven and hell.

Personally I do not think it is a binary either/or, but the same place with degrees of pleasantness and unpleasantness. Those above 50% it is heaven, those below 50% it is hell. And I think souls reincarnate.

BTW - Your link?
Ah, but that's the hook isn't it? If you properly Believe you will live forever in Heaven, you will never die. On the other hand , if you don't Believe, you will suffer eternal torture, so sorry. As incredible as it seems, there are people in our current world who believe it. No I don't have another link.

As for you yourself, it looks like you believe in a heaven/hell, plus reincarnation. That's fine with me, people believe in all kinds of crazy things and I don't hold it against them, at least if they are not unbearably preachy, and I don't think you are.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2017, 05:43 PM   #1162
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
You have classified me now with totally another group of people again. Well as I stated earlier. So humanlike.

But seems that Jesus who also "pretended to be God" ended in totally another sphere again. Seems humans struggle to get their classification right. Maybe they should realize that their judgments are not really worth the effort. Maybe judgments should be left with God.

We should then find another way to be. This "other way" might bring in more happiness if it is more according to what we were created to be in the first place.
No, you strike me as depressingly typical.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2017, 05:48 PM   #1163
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yep. I agree. And I am speaking to them about it also. Getting much conflict from their side too. Abbaddon can tell you about that.

Now you are putting me in their shoes.

But even more. You say I am "sick and false".

My Grace is growing towards you. As a mother should have towards her child. No punishment. Just ruling by the Truth and Wisdom. For these words and this Life I got a court order in "Die Herberg" against me.
I'm assuming that means house arrest. I don't speak Afrikans but I muddle through with a bit of Dutch. It's probably better than you deserved.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2017, 10:49 PM   #1164
Johanabrahams
Banned

Free from the law

Some more teaching.

About the ruling of God vs the ruling of man.

Man rules by the law. But the law is not perfect. Everywhere imperfection and lawbreaking is evident. The police cannot handle the situation. And no government can. Even the earth is destroyed by the “lawful human beings”

God does not rule by the law. He rules by the power of Love and the power of Wisdom.
Meaning there are no laws involved. And therefore there are also no punishment. Where Grace resides forgiveness manifests. There is no more punishment. Because punishment was done by God. He took the punishment by dying on the cross. This effectively removes the need for punishment.

A total freedom is created. Laws create bondage. And laws call for punishment. This is the inferior ineffective ruling of human beings. Even those creating the laws create their own bondage. But because they are void of Love they have no other alternative. They have to enforce "order" by the force of their inferior abilities. They but creation and not God.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2017, 10:54 PM   #1165
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I would certainly agree that humanity is making a mess of running the planet, but I don't think imagining there's a god who will solve all our problems for us is the solution.
Yep I agree. imagination will not work.

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Recognising that we're on our own and taking responsibility for fixing the problems we're causing seems a much more effective way forward.
This was the "responsibility" that existed up to now.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2017, 11:13 PM   #1166
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Faith, after all, is the excuse people present for believing things without any evidence at all. That is irrational.
Yep to you as an ignorant person.

But Faith is something else to us. Faith is a characteristic of God by which He creates which is necessary. It is a power to bring about what does not exist. We as gods also operate in that power when we are fully grown.

As a child of God however this Faith is present sometimes as a gift. By this gift only what God wants to do at a specific moment in time will be created.

And then there are Faith in God. This is the knowledge of knowing that God exists. It is created by God in a human being the moment He meets with God. Because He met Him personally he knows He exists. But there is no evidence so it is faith. Such a child of God which is still a baby and who knows very little needs to grow then. He grows then into more of God wich is also faith because it "doesn't exist".

All of this is to you "irrational" yep. To us it is "ignorance". So we can just witness about this "God" and if God finds a "worthy" heart He will reveal Himself to such a person. God is Love and God will not force Himself on somebody that does not want to meet with Him. This is rejection. You have then rejected God.

That is your choice.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:41 PM   #1167
Johanabrahams
Banned

Faith, after all, is the excuse people present for believing things without any evidence at all. That is irrational.
Yep to you as an ignorant person.

But Faith is something else to us. Faith is a characteristic of God by which He creates which is necessary. It is a power to bring about what does not exist. We as gods also operate in that power when we are fully grown.

As a child of God however this Faith is present sometimes as a gift. By this gift only what God wants to do at a specific moment in time will be created.

And then there are Faith in God. This is the knowledge of knowing that God exists. It is created by God in a human being the moment He meets with God. Because He met Him personally he knows He exists. But there is no evidence so it is faith. Such a child of God which is still a baby and who knows very little needs to grow then. He grows then into more of God wich is also faith because it "doesn't exist".

All of this is to you "irrational" yep. To us it is "ignorance". So we can just witness about this "God" and if God finds a "worthy" heart He will reveal Himself to such a person. God is Love and God will not force Himself on somebody that does not want to meet with Him. This is rejection. You have then rejected God.

That is your choice.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:49 PM   #1168
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
No, no, what I mean is that you have latched onto a pre-existing mythology, and try to derive your power from that, but simultaneously ignore it and construct some grand fantasy where the regligion you claim to believe in is false, and you are super duper special. Not a sign of great minds.

You have basically written a Star Wars fanfic where you are a force sensitive unicorn born from Luke Skywalker and Obi Wan, while claiming that you adhere only to the official Star Wars canon.
No, no what I mean is that I have latched onto reality. There is my life in Robertson, my website explaining it and my forum on the internet which God is controlling Himself. There are no laws there and no punishment. Total freedom. Which you also experience here in "my thread". Well that is now from my side only.

You all live in my Grace here. You can do and say what you want. You are just accepted. Only one thing is not accepted. Leaving. By your own doing. Leaving is a breaking of relationship by your own doing. You then deemed yourself unworthy. That is the way with a good mother. The only thing that can break the relationship with her children is they leaving.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:56 PM   #1169
Johanabrahams
Banned

Nope. You so classified youself. Do I accept your claim that you are any form of god? Not even slightly. Do I accept that you are my mother? Nope, It was my duty to formally and legally identify the gently cooling corpse of my actual mother. All you have are deeply offensive claims to all and sundry. Was it my actual mother? Of course not. It was cooling meat, she was long dead. After that, I had occasion to do the very same with my father.

Nothing happened to give rise to any expectation that there was anything else. They died. End of story.
Seems you have a "sad story" which you call your life. My "mother and father" are also dead. And my wife gone like yours. And much more. My children also and my nation also. But unlike you that was just the shadow of the reality. The reality is God. The shadow just show that there is a reality. So having the reality I have a Husband and children. I have a family.

You have maybe just "shadow children" left. Shadow because it is to you reality but actually shadow because the sun go down soon on that too.

So here is reality. No son going down. The real family is the heavenly one. There you will be born as a child again. You will have a Father, a mother and brothers and sisters. Never to be taken from you again.

And you will not have a "sad story" again.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:03 AM   #1170
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

God does not rule by the law. He rules by the power of Love and the power of Wisdom.
Meaning there are no laws involved. And therefore there are also no punishment. Where Grace resides forgiveness manifests. There is no more punishment. Because punishment was done by God. He took the punishment by dying on the cross. This effectively removes the need for punishment.
Why did you advocate burning 'witches' to death then, if there is to be no punishment?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 12:06 AM   #1171
Johanabrahams
Banned

Claims of love and forgiveness in one post, and in the next you want to burn infidels to death to protect them from themselves...
You're full of something allright, but it isn't love.
Actually God died to protect "infidels" from themselves. They can now die too and become born again as God's children. Having now the nature of God. No more "infidels". But if they reject that and choose to stay "infidels" living amongst infidels they should accept the life of infidels which the have chosen themselves.

And if you choose to be a human being, living with human beings on an earth they are destroying then you should just accept your choice.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:11 AM   #1172
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
No, you strike me as depressingly typical.
Well I warned you. You do not heed the warning then you should suffer the "depressingly". You could have had something more "superior" or "godlike" like Love and Joy and Peace and Hope and everything God really stands for and have as a characteristic. Not something like human being life. Having to struggle with things like "depression".
Old 9th August 2017, 12:14 AM   #1173
Johanabrahams
Banned

I'm assuming that means house arrest. I don't speak Afrikans but I muddle through with a bit of Dutch. It's probably better than you deserved.
They tried that but because I obeyed them they had to go further and got a court order from the judge stating that I am not allowed to come closer than 500 meters from the premises and are also not allowed to speak with anyone.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:21 AM   #1174
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Well I warned you. You do not heed the warning then you should suffer the "depressingly". You could have had something more "superior" or "godlike" like Love and Joy and Peace and Hope and everything God really stands for and have as a characteristic. Not something like human being life. Having to struggle with things like "depression".
I'd never have anything that would qualify as superiore from you.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:23 AM   #1175
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

They tried that but because I obeyed them they had to go further and got a court order from the judge stating that I am not allowed to come closer than 500 meters from the premises and are also not allowed to speak with anyone.
Too bad it wasn't a full kilometer.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:26 AM   #1176
Johanabrahams
Banned

Why did you advocate burning 'witches' to death then, if there is to be no punishment?
Actually it was not me. It was my husband. I didn't live in that circumstances. So how come you ask me about things that is not applicable anymore. Let us concentrate on the here and now. And let us concentrate on you and me. You are at this stage struggling with me and what I am now. God has told me everything I need to do with witches. In fact I met one in Delphi forums. And I told her and showed her that she was my daughter which I love. I think she is still debating the issue in her mind.

Seems they have changed now. They do not turn people into frogs anymore. Not that I minded that. I knew she could only work on people and not on gods.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:32 AM   #1177
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Actually it was not me. It was my husband. I didn't live in that circumstances. So how come you ask me about things that is not applicable anymore. Let us concentrate on the here and now. And let us concentrate on you and me. You are at this stage struggling with me and what I am now. God has told me everything I need to do with witches. In fact I met one in Delphi forums. And I told her and showed her that she was my daughter which I love. I think she is still debating the issue in her mind.

Seems they have changed now. They do not turn people into frogs anymore. Not that I minded that. I knew she could only work on people and not on gods.
No, I'm 'struggling' because you contradict yourself. You say there is no punishment, but you also say that burning someone to death for witchcraft is a good thing because they'll be with God sooner.
You define words to mean whatever you want.
'Love' that includes wanton acts of lethal violence against the innocent is not love. Anyone who claims that is a liar or lunatic.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 12:42 AM   #1178
Johanabrahams
Banned

Too bad it wasn't a full kilometer.

Yep. After that they tried to certify me to put me right out of town. The reason was that they could not get me in jail because I was obeying the court order.

But unfortunately the impartial "outsider doctor" that had to confirm with the "insiders" didn't want to go through with this. He told me he is definitely not going to risk his job.

But what you also need to see is that the court order came after me obeying the "verbal house arrest". At that stage I was already obediently sitting in my flat for 30 days.

Another thing you should see is that the house arrests came after I obeyed the authority by not looking at the children.

And then another thing you should see is that the "law" to me not to look at the children came after I obeyed the "law" not to speak to the children anymore.

You will see the same here. I am the most obedient person alive. And I live under the most stringent laws possible.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:44 AM   #1179
Johanabrahams
Banned

I'd never have anything that would qualify as superiore from you.
Yep. That is why I am so "depressing" to you. You could have had Love to me. And you could have had Joy in speaking to me. And you could have had Peace of mind in my presence.

Now you are plagued with "evil spirits"
Old 9th August 2017, 01:04 AM   #1180
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yep. That is why I am so "depressing" to you. You could have had Love to me. And you could have had Joy in speaking to me. And you could have had Peace of mind in my presence.

Now you are plagued with "evil spirits"
You never had that on offer. You're just a deluded person with a protection order against you.
Old 9th August 2017, 01:09 AM   #1181
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yep. After that they tried to certify me to put me right out of town. The reason was that they could not get me in jail because I was obeying the court order.

But unfortunately the impartial "outsider doctor" that had to confirm with the "insiders" didn't want to go through with this. He told me he is definitely not going to risk his job.

But what you also need to see is that the court order came after me obeying the "verbal house arrest". At that stage I was already obediently sitting in my flat for 30 days.

Another thing you should see is that the house arrests came after I obeyed the authority by not looking at the children.

And then another thing you should see is that the "law" to me not to look at the children came after I obeyed the "law" not to speak to the children anymore.

You will see the same here. I am the most obedient person alive. And I live under the most stringent laws possible.
What they didn't have a crown of thorns for you? No public flogging? It must be a bummer to be a god and the court just dispenses with you. Jesus got turned into public performance art. You just got told to leave people alone. Hardly an outcome worthy of a god.
Old 9th August 2017, 02:52 AM   #1182
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Seems you have a "sad story" which you call your life. My "mother and father" are also dead. And my wife gone like yours. And much more. My children also and my nation also. But unlike you that was just the shadow of the reality. The reality is God. The shadow just show that there is a reality. So having the reality I have a Husband and children. I have a family.

You have maybe just "shadow children" left. Shadow because it is to you reality but actually shadow because the sun go down soon on that too.

So here is reality. No son going down. The real family is the heavenly one. There you will be born as a child again. You will have a Father, a mother and brothers and sisters. Never to be taken from you again.

And you will not have a "sad story" again.
It is the natural order of things. There is nothing sad about it. Everyone dies. Deal with it. My wife may be gone, but I am glad to be rid of her.

However, my children are not gone, in fact I will be picking them up in a few hours. And we shall enjoy each others company. They are very real.

Your projection of your fantasy does not work.
Old 9th August 2017, 03:55 AM   #1183
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

It is the natural order of things. There is nothing sad about it. Everyone dies. Deal with it. My wife may be gone, but I am glad to be rid of her.

However, my children are not gone, in fact I will be picking them up in a few hours. And we shall enjoy each others company. They are very real.

The mother of your children gone? Gone where? From this life or just gone from you?
Old 9th August 2017, 03:59 AM   #1184
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
The mother of your children gone? Gone where? From this life or just gone from you?
Divorced.
Old 9th August 2017, 07:18 AM   #1185
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Free from the law

Some more teaching.

About the ruling of God vs the ruling of man.

Man rules by the law. But the law is not perfect. Everywhere imperfection and lawbreaking is evident. The police cannot handle the situation. And no government can. Even the earth is destroyed by the “lawful human beings”

A total freedom is created. Laws create bondage. And laws call for punishment. This is the inferior ineffective ruling of human beings. Even those creating the laws create their own bondage. But because they are void of Love they have no other alternative. They have to enforce "order" by the force of their inferior abilities. They but creation and not God.
I find your reading of religion quite bizarre. You seem to accept Biblical story of Jesus and the crucifixion, and to reject just about everything else. In the Bible God rules by laws. A lot of them, including a set that the Bible claims God himself handed to Moses inscribed on stone tablets. Did some big pieces fall out of your copy?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 11:11 AM   #1186
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Yep as my history is showing I am not readily accepted. Actually I am mostly rejected. But so was Jesus in His time. It should not be new to you.

Same with Jesus. So again there is sacrificing on behalf of the human beings.
But seems that Jesus who also "pretended to be God" ended in totally another sphere again.

Jesus also ****up. That is good enough for me. He knew why He ****up and so do I.

Now I can't help reading Johan's posts in the voice of Tom Noonan as Cain (in Robocop II)- "Jesus...had days like this."

Does this stuff make your teeth wiggle, Johan?

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 11:55 AM   #1187
Beady
Philosopher

Quote:
Yep as my history is showing I am not readily accepted. Actually I am mostly rejected. But so was Jesus in His time. It should not be new to you.
I miss the good old days, when the losers only compared themselves to Galileo, "They laughed at Galileo, too!" before telling us how deprived we were making ourselves by not buying into their elecric-powered toothpaste, or whatever.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Last edited by Beady; 9th August 2017 at 12:04 PM.
Beady is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 05:20 PM   #1188
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

While if the whole world rejects you, the whole world is probably onto something. The problem is not likely with the whole world.
Old 13th August 2017, 04:19 AM   #1189
Johanabrahams
Banned

No, I'm 'struggling' because you contradict yourself. You say there is no punishment, but you also say that burning someone to death for witchcraft is a good thing because they'll be with God sooner.
You define words to mean whatever you want.
'Love' that includes wanton acts of lethal violence against the innocent is not love. Anyone who claims that is a liar or lunatic.
Actually I do not see those that turned the humans into frogs for the sake of money are "innocent".
Old 13th August 2017, 04:31 AM   #1190
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Actually I do not see those that turned the humans into frogs for the sake of money are "innocent".
Such people have never existed.

Nobody ever performed such a thing beyond stage illusionists.

Last edited by abaddon; 13th August 2017 at 04:33 AM.
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 04:37 AM   #1191
Johanabrahams
Banned

You never had that on offer. You're just a deluded person with a protection order against you.
Look. I am giving grace to many. 1500 people in court orders against me. Even 4 institutions as well. Which include three different church organisations. On the internet banned from countless forums.

All of them living in my Grace. And now you too.
Old 13th August 2017, 04:42 AM   #1192
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Look. I am giving grace to many. 1500 people in court orders against me. Even 4 institutions as well. Which include three different church organisations. On the internet banned from countless forums.

Really? And this doesn't give you a hint?
Old 13th August 2017, 04:52 AM   #1193
Johanabrahams
Banned

What they didn't have a crown of thorns for you? No public flogging? It must be a bummer to be a god and the court just dispenses with you. Jesus got turned into public performance art. You just got told to leave people alone. Hardly an outcome worthy of a god.
Well some did try to kill me. One man attacked met with a piece of angle iron 1.5m long 50mm x 50mm x 8mm thick. He went for my head. Another attacked me with a spade. And one policeman tried to run me over with the police vehicle. If you take a look at Paul in the Bible you will see a similar phenomenon. And then similar happened to the earlier Christians. The were burnt to death, fed to the lions etc.

And all just for speaking the Truth.

Grace of God is abounding.

Last edited by Johanabrahams; 13th August 2017 at 04:54 AM.
Old 13th August 2017, 05:21 AM   #1194
Johanabrahams
Banned

That is not "good riddance". It is rather sad consequences.

However, my children are not gone, in fact I will be picking them up in a few hours. And we shall enjoy each others company.
Enjoyment without mom?

They are very real.
For now, yes.

You are living in a "fantasy".
Old 13th August 2017, 05:47 AM   #1195
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

That is not "good riddance". It is rather sad consequences.
Wrong. Life is immeasurably better now that she is removed from my life.

Enjoyment without mom?
Yup. I have no idea why you would question such a thing.

For now, yes.
WTF does that even mean?

You are living in a "fantasy".
Nope. I am living a great life. I have two kids whose company we mutually enjoy immensely, a fine home, no financial worries, loads of leisure time. These things are real.

What I lack is any belief in imaginary beings making stupid and immoral demands upon me.
Old 13th August 2017, 08:10 AM   #1196
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

If that many people are against you, the problem isn't with those people.
Old 13th August 2017, 08:11 AM   #1197
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Well some did try to kill me. One man attacked met with a piece of angle iron 1.5m long 50mm x 50mm x 8mm thick. He went for my head. Another attacked me with a spade. And one policeman tried to run me over with the police vehicle. If you take a look at Paul in the Bible you will see a similar phenomenon. And then similar happened to the earlier Christians. The were burnt to death, fed to the lions etc.

And all just for speaking the Truth.

Grace of God is abounding.
I suspect you're lying. I mean you're telling people you're a god. You couldn't be that honest.
Old 13th August 2017, 09:32 AM   #1198
Beady
Philosopher

Sweet Jesus!

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Old 13th August 2017, 11:02 PM   #1199
Johanabrahams
Banned

Divorced.
She divorced or you both did?
Old 13th August 2017, 11:04 PM   #1200
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Now I can't help reading Johan's posts in the voice of Tom Noonan as Cain (in Robocop II)- "Jesus...had days like this."

Does this stuff make your teeth wiggle, Johan?
Tell us more. For instance. What does "wiggle" mean to you?

A mother should know her children.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy