ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th January 2016, 12:50 AM   #121
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
As opposed to a "90% chance of a drop of 30%" ? It's almost as if you're making it up as you go along
Oh The Don, I am trying to be helpful. I think there could be a useful rally here. Essentially you seem of independent means, so have no need to do something clever in the investment field.
But is this true of all your extended family?
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2016, 02:07 AM   #122
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Oh The Don, I am trying to be helpful. I think there could be a useful rally here. Essentially you seem of independent means, so have no need to do something clever in the investment field.
Oh, I have need but acting on your inane unfounded ramblings wouldn't be it.

But is this true of all your extended family?
I've covered at length in this thread the inadvisability of following your recommendations to someone with modest means. I don't propose to do it again.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2016, 03:24 AM   #123
Samson
Philosopher

Oh, I have need but acting on your inane unfounded ramblings wouldn't be it.

I've covered at length in this thread the inadvisability of following your recommendations to someone with modest means. I don't propose to do it again.
I can't make sense of this, because those with modest means should access the facilities those with immodest means use to profit. The irony is I continually state that I pursue a day job while posting trading ideas. Yet the thread shows that I am bloody well right. How can you keep contradicting facts?
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2016, 05:02 AM   #124
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I can't make sense of this, because those with modest means should access the facilities those with immodest means use to profit.
Should I wish to I, being of immodest means, could readily afford to gamble, and lose £10k or even £100k (which is not to say it wouldn't hurt but it wouldn't send me under either). Someone of modest means could ill afford to gamble in that way.

Trading on margin, whether using Technical Analysis or not, is highly speculative and due to gearing losses can rapidly spiral out of control. We know that you claim to have Technical Analysis methods which render this risk minimal but that runs counter to the perceived wisdom of market professionals and counter to the evidence you have presented so far.

The irony is I continually state that I pursue a day job while posting trading ideas. Yet the thread shows that I am bloody well right. How can you keep contradicting facts?
The thread shows nothing of the sort. You haven't demonstrated that you're using technical analysis and the open ended nature of your so called predictions (and your ability to "post-dict" timescales) means that they are essentially useless.

If you really did have a reliable way to pick the market you'd be better off closing down your business which you claim consumes cash and instead plough all your cash and energy into the market. Hell if the Technical Analysis really does work and you're risk averse you could just flog the intellectual property to a large financial institution for £millions and live on the proceeds.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2016, 09:54 AM   #125
Samson
Philosopher

Should I wish to I, being of immodest means, could readily afford to gamble, and lose £10k or even £100k (which is not to say it wouldn't hurt but it wouldn't send me under either). Someone of modest means could ill afford to gamble in that way.

Trading on margin, whether using Technical Analysis or not, is highly speculative and due to gearing losses can rapidly spiral out of control. We know that you claim to have Technical Analysis methods which render this risk minimal but that runs counter to the perceived wisdom of market professionals and counter to the evidence you have presented so far.

The thread shows nothing of the sort. You haven't demonstrated that you're using technical analysis and the open ended nature of your so called predictions (and your ability to "post-dict" timescales) means that they are essentially useless.

If you really did have a reliable way to pick the market you'd be better off closing down your business which you claim consumes cash and instead plough all your cash and energy into the market. Hell if the Technical Analysis really does work and you're risk averse you could just flog the intellectual property to a large financial institution for £millions and live on the proceeds.
Except I enjoy the day job. Who said it consumes cash? One throw away line from me months ago. Who lost money on buying then selling apple stock? Certainly no one on this thread. Did anyone fail to hedge their stocks a few weeks ago on my suggestion from TA? Yes. The first time FTSE traded current price was 17 years ago. Dividends are great, but smart ass people trumpet capital gains.
Hello buy and hold disciples. What do you have to say to the Japanese?
Old 15th January 2016, 03:35 AM   #126
Samson
Philosopher

Well yes, there was a rally, but it is over. I expect a black monday.
Old 15th January 2016, 04:29 AM   #127
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Well yes, there was a rally, but it is over. I expect a black monday.
flip. flop. flip? yesterdays rally was a technical bounce, hardly a buying opportunity for investors lol.

I'm still short. moved my take profit down to 1850, it could be today, or Monday. Both WTI and USDJPY are in full negative momentum across all timescales and tractor-beaming the indices down. If we get close to it tonight I may close manually rather than have it bounce away again.

I've also added in short on the Nikkei & Nasdaq last week and this week, theyre not as far into profit as this, but are running nicely.

edit. I was thinking about sending this to those idiots on CNBC, who think it is only oil, and cant work out why "everybody is selling" apart from that. what do you think?

"The world will soon wake up to the reality that everyone is broke and can collect nothing from the bankrupt, who are owed unlimited amounts by the insolvent, who are attempting to make late payments on a bank holiday in the wrong country, with an unacceptable currency, against defaulted collateral, of which nobody is sure who holds title." - Anonymous

Last edited by kevsta; 15th January 2016 at 04:39 AM.
kevsta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2016, 04:13 AM   #128
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Apple update

Originally Posted by kevsta
15 Nov 2015
so what with all the work launching the hedge fund its been a little while since I looked at Apple. Short - Medium term Bearish IMO.

Momentum is also gathering / accelerating on the downside across all timeframes, once the algos switch to net short watch out below for a while, this was a heavily played Momo stock all the way up.

I think its more likely to run a couple more pushes down the newly formed weekly downtrend channel something like as marked out here.

Ok this is in inverse BTFD mode now, ..STFR (Sell the Flipping Rallies) it has just fired off a weekly Bollinger Squeeze downwards in the first 2 weeks of the year. These dont happen all that often and are generally significant, note the movement following previous occurences, both down and up.

Every momentum algo and trader in the world will be selling this for a while now, if I personally (still) owned a significant amount of this I would be looking at taking some sort of downside protection from the top of the next poke up, it may get past $100 again before the next downdraft.

I think we touch $92, bounce from there to 100ish and I will be looking to short it from the top of it's channel again.

On the monthly chart, if we close January (bar is only 2 weeks into the month) below 97.85, then IMO we are visiting the green oval area over the coming months.

also, why does nobody continually want to tell me how useless my predictions are in any way? ..feeling a bit left out here, Samson gets all the attention

edit. I should stipulate that as ever, these technical predictions are only in play until the Fed reverses course, or starts talking about it, which I believe is inevitable at some point. But until they do, this is what's coming, IMO.
"The world will soon wake up to the reality that everyone is broke and can collect nothing from the bankrupt, who are owed unlimited amounts by the insolvent, who are attempting to make late payments on a bank holiday in the wrong country, with an unacceptable currency, against defaulted collateral, of which nobody is sure who holds title." - Anonymous

Last edited by kevsta; 16th January 2016 at 05:08 AM.
kevsta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2016, 06:01 AM   #129
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Hedge Fund Insider News

Ok, so it's not all roses as a world-beating hedge fund manager you know..

the boys had a great first 4 days of the week and completely lost the plot on Friday. one of them is getting the boot on weekly review tomorrow I think.

the dilemma is when he's had this many losers in a row he's statistically due a couple of big winners again soon, so maybe I should wait for those, then can him. decisions decisions. anyway, broadly where we were last week-ish. boring.

Unobtainium in particular had 3 accounts past 40% on Thursday, Stock-Slayer gave back 7.2% on Friday Oh well, easy come, easy go, it is aggressive I suppose, but still.

Interestingly though, even with our very poor week, I noticed while looking at the figures that with Stockslayer at +35.64% and the S&P's Friday close, this equates to 1384 on the S&P which means it has matched the S&P since 1st February 2012, in it's first 6 weeks of trading.

and ....

anyone wanna tell me how TA can't outperform the superior market returns of major indices over long periods of time again, or are we done with that now?

Any ill-advised pairs traders based on this clearly incorrect "market truism" would likely be getting Margin calls right about now.

Last edited by kevsta; 16th January 2016 at 06:13 AM.
Old 20th January 2016, 10:25 AM   #130
Samson
Philosopher

Silence as the technical prediction of share market setbacks for retirees unfolds. Including people I have to worry about.
I wonder about you critical thinkers and the ridicule you piled on the principle in the lengthy previous thread.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:12 AM   #131
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Silence as the technical prediction of share market setbacks for retirees unfolds. Including people I have to worry about.
I wonder about you critical thinkers and the ridicule you piled on the principle in the lengthy previous thread.
Given that your last recommendation was a buy, seems that as usual your "predictions" are as useful as usual
Old 20th January 2016, 11:32 PM   #132
Samson
Philosopher

Given that your last recommendation was a buy, seems that as usual your "predictions" are as useful as usual
There was a 200 point rally after that call. Then the market dived again. The main post is hedging from the top, but I was talking to just three people.

I me and myself.
Old 21st January 2016, 01:42 AM   #133
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

There was a 200 point rally after that call. Then the market dived again. The main post is hedging from the top, but I was talking to just three people.

I me and myself.
Like I say, useless "predictions" whose value only becomes apparent in retrospect
Old 21st January 2016, 03:42 AM   #134
Samson
Philosopher

Like I say, useless "predictions" whose value only becomes apparent in retrospect
Hal.
The computer is dying. You are slowly pulling the plugs on me.

It costs you and me nothing to retire from the discussion, but I will never understand the character assassination of Samson on this thread.
Old 21st January 2016, 04:12 AM   #135
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Hal.
The computer is dying. You are slowly pulling the plugs on me.

It costs you and me nothing to retire from the discussion, but I will never understand the character assassination of Samson on this thread.
It really is quite straightforward. You made some claims regarding both your methods and your effectiveness and have completely failed to back them up. Repeating yet again:
  • You have claimed to be using Technical Analysis methods but haven't demonstrated that you're actually using them as opposed to pulling predictions out of the air
  • The method you claim to be using is so subjective that whether it constitues technical analysis is arguable
  • You made some specific claims about long term performance but failed to back them up over a 6 month period
  • During that period, your performance was indistinquishable from chance

Furthermore:
  • Your "probability" calculation demonstrated a basic mathematical illiteracy
  • Your claims regarding that calculation and its basis in mathematical and statistical modeling undermined your credibility
  • Time and again I have demonstrated how the "open" nature of your predictions mean that they are almost certain to be correct eventually BUT when boundaries are placed on them then as expected, they're no better than chance
  • You claim an infallible method of picking the market and yet seem not to be using it for your own personal gain.

All against a background of a lack of effectiveness of Technical Analysis among investment professionals despite the time, effort, manpower and resources which have been invested in it over the years whereas you claim that "your" Technical Analysis formula is implemented in a single Excel formula.
Old 21st January 2016, 04:13 AM   #136
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

my accuracy is also slipping a little, Apple turned $2.10 higher than my predicted ($92.65 - Jan 07) downside target (the pin down missed by 75c.) before bouncing yesterday.

it may yet get back down there again before turning up again, but this should due for another look at $100-102 from the underside before dropping again over the next few weeks, IMO

Originally Posted by kevsta
AAPL at $97.50 (red arrow) in pre-market, next downside target 92.65 (blue 200ma)

and a somewhat frustrating day yesterday, greed got the better of me really, I was short S&P from 1876 & 1864 with target at 1805, with a vague idea of hedging at least (take the same positions long to lock in gains) if not closing and reversing there, the 2 trades were +12% at that point, and I (still) have a NASDAQ short which was also +8% at sub 4000 ..so +20% with all 3 trades, well I left them on, and both S&P both were stopped out at zero..

now back to only +4% running equity and short again from 1850. I think we get one more drive down to the 1775 ish level, and then a good bounce back towards 1875 before it turns down again.

Last edited by kevsta; 21st January 2016 at 04:44 AM.
Old 21st January 2016, 06:36 AM   #137
Samson
Philosopher

It really is quite straightforward. You made some claims regarding both your methods and your effectiveness and have completely failed to back them up. Repeating yet again:
  • You have claimed to be using Technical Analysis methods but haven't demonstrated that you're actually using them as opposed to pulling predictions out of the air
  • The method you claim to be using is so subjective that whether it constitues technical analysis is arguable
  • You made some specific claims about long term performance but failed to back them up over a 6 month period
  • During that period, your performance was indistinquishable from chance

Furthermore:
  • Your "probability" calculation demonstrated a basic mathematical illiteracy
  • Your claims regarding that calculation and its basis in mathematical and statistical modeling undermined your credibility
  • Time and again I have demonstrated how the "open" nature of your predictions mean that they are almost certain to be correct eventually BUT when boundaries are placed on them then as expected, they're no better than chance
  • You claim an infallible method of picking the market and yet seem not to be using it for your own personal gain.

All against a background of a lack of effectiveness of Technical Analysis among investment professionals despite the time, effort, manpower and resources which have been invested in it over the years whereas you claim that "your" Technical Analysis formula is implemented in a single Excel formula.
The first time ftse traded current price is january 1998, so 18 years rolls by and dividend yield is the fruit of that investment strategy. There are a few on thread that say quality and patience is the recipe. Ftse should be quality, 18 years sure is patience. For your edification I will audit the thread myself to explain what a strategy would have yielded. You are wilfully blind, and making false statements each time you say no better than chance.
Old 21st January 2016, 07:08 AM   #138
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

The first time ftse traded current price is january 1998, so 18 years rolls by and dividend yield is the fruit of that investment strategy. There are a few on thread that say quality and patience is the recipe. Ftse should be quality, 18 years sure is patience. For your edification I will audit the thread myself to explain what a strategy would have yielded.
You're not really qualified to "audit the thread" yourself as the mathematical illiteracy you so clearly demonstrated through the whole probability debacle demonstrates.

Yes, the FTSE is at the same level now as it was in 1998 but then again the companies making up that FTSE 100 now are considerably different than those in 1998.

You are wilfully blind, and making false statements each time you say no better than chance.
The only objective test we have - the 6 month experiment - showed performance indistinguishable from chance.

Regarding your other pronouncements, as I've repeatedly pointed out they are so vague as to be impossible to determine whether they represent a 50/50, 80/20 or 99/1 call.
Old 21st January 2016, 03:52 PM   #139
Samson
Philosopher

You're not really qualified to "audit the thread" yourself as the mathematical illiteracy you so clearly demonstrated through the whole probability debacle demonstrates.

Yes, the FTSE is at the same level now as it was in 1998 but then again the companies making up that FTSE 100 now are considerably different than those in 1998.

The only objective test we have - the 6 month experiment - showed performance indistinguishable from chance.

Regarding your other pronouncements, as I've repeatedly pointed out they are so vague as to be impossible to determine whether they represent a 50/50, 80/20 or 99/1 call.
It seems I will have to extract all specific predictions, collate them with charts to show why you are interviewing your keyboard rather than describing the facts. After all it is my reputation that is being impugned.
Old 21st January 2016, 04:07 PM   #140
Samson
Philosopher

The snp is trading at 1869. I expect it to reach 1950 from here. No time frame but an equal dimension stop loss.
I would choose to close beforehand for any reason and would notify.
Old 22nd January 2016, 01:32 AM   #141
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

The snp is trading at 1869. I expect it to reach 1950 from here. No time frame but an equal dimension stop loss.
I would choose to close beforehand for any reason and would notify.
And here we have it in a nutshell......

In effect you're saying that the S&P will hit 1870 (because you can elect to close as soon as you're in positive territory) before it hits 1798. I'd say that it's a pretty certain bet from your perspective, not least because the recent falls in the markets mean that a recovery - even if it is just a dead cat bounce - is pretty likely.

Your (in)ability to pick the market was ably demonstrated during the 6 month experiment.
Old 22nd January 2016, 01:46 AM   #142
Samson
Philosopher

And here we have it in a nutshell......

In effect you're saying that the S&P will hit 1870 (because you can elect to close as soon as you're in positive territory) before it hits 1798. I'd say that it's a pretty certain bet from your perspective, not least because the recent falls in the markets mean that a recovery - even if it is just a dead cat bounce - is pretty likely.

Your (in)ability to pick the market was ably demonstrated during the 6 month experiment.
There is a straightforward syndrome on the thread. It was fun for posters early because it seemed random with the snp trading, but as the predictions trend towards deadly accurate when finding ideas as they presented, no one wants to know.
Why?
I believe it is human nature to never admit having been wrong, even at the expense of missing high value hedging opportunities. I believe indeed there is serious antipathy, and a solid desire for me to be wrong, though the converse, a desire for me to be right, and then following the recommendations, would make you all rich.
Old 22nd January 2016, 03:53 AM   #143
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

well I was wrong about a final drive down before a reversal bounce, and so I have to adjust the target for the bounce to around the 1930-50 mark.

a couple more false starts and out at zero again yesterday.

and the more doubtful amongst you will likely be pleased to learn that one of the Skeptica trading systems seemingly blew up a couple of days ago, the graphs look pretty catastrophic on the accounts he was plugged into.

obviously it was the trader I was deliberating about removing last weekend, and yet did nothing. thankfully as these are test accounts this is exactly what I need to see happen on demo.

still looking good to go (live) on the Wildfire account in Q1.
Old 22nd January 2016, 04:28 AM   #144
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kevsta View Post
well I was wrong about a final drive down before a reversal bounce, and so I have to adjust the target for the bounce to around the 1930-50 mark.

a couple more false starts and out at zero again yesterday.

and the more doubtful amongst you will likely be pleased to learn that one of the Skeptica trading systems seemingly blew up a couple of days ago, the graphs look pretty catastrophic on the accounts he was plugged into.

obviously it was the trader I was deliberating about removing last weekend, and yet did nothing. thankfully as these are test accounts this is exactly what I need to see happen on demo.

still looking good to go (live) on the Wildfire account in Q1.
kevsta, go long snp. Take profit 1950.
I sent you the algo months ago, just trust me,
Old 22nd January 2016, 06:08 AM   #145
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

kevsta, go long snp. Take profit 1950.
I sent you the algo months ago, just trust me,
apparently the narrative is that markets are bouncing on the sniff of more Centrally Planned CTL+P

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...timulus-return

IMO it is inevitable, or have the truth about the ongoing economic depression be finally revealed, but I'm not sure they're ready just yet.

but the market may call their bluff again, as heading higher with no action taken, negates the need for the action, setting us up for the next more violent push down if they disappoint again.
Old 22nd January 2016, 06:14 AM   #146
Lothian
should be banned

The irony is I continually state that I pursue a day job while posting trading ideas.
A fantastic system that you are not prepared to give up your job for. The irony is not lost on me.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:46 AM   #147
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
A fantastic system that you are not prepared to give up your job for. The irony is not lost on me.
Did you do the apple trades I suggested? These are the motherhood solutions to happiness.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:09 AM   #148
Lothian
should be banned

Did you do the apple trades I suggested?
Did you? I bought 100 pounds, I noticed however that some were quite bruised and am a bit concerned about the investment

Last edited by Lothian; 22nd January 2016 at 10:13 AM.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:13 AM   #149
Samson
Philosopher

Did you?
When my grandma dandled me on her knee she instructed never answer a question with a question.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:45 AM   #150
Lothian
should be banned

When my grandma dandled me on her knee she instructed never answer a question with a question.
In her defence with the traditional "Who is a clever boy then?" ruled out she was probably reaching.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:29 AM   #151
Samson
Philosopher

In her defence with the traditional "Who is a clever boy then?" ruled out she was probably reaching.
punctuation?

Let me try

In her defence, with the traditional "Who is a clever boy then?" ruled out, she was probably reaching.

I still don't get it though.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:44 AM   #152
Lothian
should be banned

pPunctuation?

Let me try.

In her defence, with the traditional "Who is a clever boy then?" ruled out, she was probably reaching.

I still don't get it though.
Old 22nd January 2016, 03:40 PM   #153
Samson
Philosopher

To my avid supporters:

After recommending to buy SnP at 1869 in real time, I am delighted to tell you all it closed for the weekend at 1906. Thus we are 37 points towards our target, with 44 to go.
If it seems to falter I will suggest we exit early, but at the moment I think we should hold out for the full 4.3%.

Enjoy your weekends.

ETA this is technical analysis at its finest. Here is a screen capture I took before the move.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new x dec 53 buy 2 hr snp 22 1 16.jpg (69.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Samson; 22nd January 2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 25th January 2016, 07:48 AM   #154
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

To my avid supporters:

After recommending to buy SnP at 1869 in real time, I am delighted to tell you all it closed for the weekend at 1906. Thus we are 37 points towards our target, with 44 to go.
If it seems to falter I will suggest we exit early, but at the moment I think we should hold out for the full 4.3%.

Enjoy your weekends.

ETA this is technical analysis at its finest. Here is a screen capture I took before the move.
still confident? I'm short again from 1900 and DJI from 15951. I don't think this is "the bounce" we are looking for and we are going down again first, at least to 1865, but maybe lower again.
Old 26th January 2016, 12:52 AM   #155
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

still confident? I'm short again from 1900 and DJI from 15951. I don't think this is "the bounce" we are looking for and we are going down again first, at least to 1865, but maybe lower again.

the next liquidity levels are 1846 1824 and 1811, and I don't think we are done probing the downside yet. possibly not by a long way..

Last edited by kevsta; 26th January 2016 at 12:53 AM.
Old 26th January 2016, 01:31 AM   #156
Samson
Philosopher

No not confident at all. What is clear is people only want to buy. If it's going up they want to buy because it's going higher. If it's going down they wan to buy because it's cheap. Since there is zilch traction when I say sell, I decided to call rallies. Two out of two. The crowd is going wild.
Old 26th January 2016, 01:44 AM   #157
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

No not confident at all. What is clear is people only want to buy. If it's going up they want to buy because it's going higher. If it's going down they wan to buy because it's cheap. Since there is zilch traction when I say sell, I decided to call rallies. Two out of two. The crowd is going wild.
As long as you define "calling rallies" as the market gaining one point before it loses 5%
Old 26th January 2016, 01:45 AM   #158
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

I'm sticking to evil short-selling speculation, making money out of other people's misery etc..

and if you only want to call rallies, maybe focus on this for a while

http://www.proshares.com/funds/spxu.html

Quote:
ProShares UltraPro Short S&P500 seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily performance of the S&P 500®.
plus dude, I would stop worrying about what "people want to do" seriously, nobody else is going to act on anything said here.

Last edited by kevsta; 26th January 2016 at 01:48 AM.
Old 26th January 2016, 02:16 AM   #159
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

As long as you define "calling rallies" as the market gaining one point before it loses 5%
"counter-trend trading" or put another way, "standing in front of a moving train"
Old 26th January 2016, 09:38 PM   #160
Samson
Philosopher

"counter-trend trading" or put another way, "standing in front of a moving train"
With the market at 1890 I suggest joining in for the run up to 1950 in the next 2 days.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance