ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th February 2016, 06:05 AM   #321
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

amusingly, with gold hitting 1243 at the top of the last surge, it is now only $11 away from being back in a confirmed bull market, ie 20% off the lows (1045)
"The world will soon wake up to the reality that everyone is broke and can collect nothing from the bankrupt, who are owed unlimited amounts by the insolvent, who are attempting to make late payments on a bank holiday in the wrong country, with an unacceptable currency, against defaulted collateral, of which nobody is sure who holds title." - Anonymous
kevsta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 01:12 PM   #322
Samson
Philosopher

The nasdaq looks set for a decent rally here.
last 3960, I went long.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2016, 02:31 AM   #323
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Originally Posted by kevsta View Post
7 Feb 4.25PM

my charts suggest another run down towards the $27 area, at minimum.

the next levels (potential bounce points) are 26.89 and 25.05. if the floor goes there though it's anyone's guess where the bottom is.
So, once again nails both direction and next stopping / bounce point, publicly, in another thread.

and given that "you cant tell anything from previous price action or charts, TA is all woo etc", I must have "T3H PsYcHiC5" really strong to be able to tell you days in advance, that not only was it going down to the 27 zone again, but once again where the next bounce point was, (26.89) when it hadn't been to that price since 2003?

26.89 is the valid"turn point" on a 4 hour chart, because every close below was immediately rejected above it again, the level is only said to have failed if the next bar opens and closes again, below.

so it seems to me that all you TA woo-woo-ers have a real dilemma.. either it IS possible to extract useful information from charts, or I am indeed lying, and am just psychic. any other rational explanations anyone ?

edit. if we get back down towards the lows and my initial position stop-loss again, I will be tempted to heavily over-lever in at the bottom for a bounce, with really tight stops to keep the risk low, betting that we bounce, rather than make new lows first.
"The world will soon wake up to the reality that everyone is broke and can collect nothing from the bankrupt, who are owed unlimited amounts by the insolvent, who are attempting to make late payments on a bank holiday in the wrong country, with an unacceptable currency, against defaulted collateral, of which nobody is sure who holds title." - Anonymous

Last edited by kevsta; 12th February 2016 at 03:11 AM.
kevsta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2016, 03:00 AM   #324
Samson
Philosopher

And to join in with my trumpet look at that nasdaq go. 4000 now.....
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2016, 03:55 AM   #325
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
And to join in with my trumpet look at that nasdaq go. 4000 now.....
its funny just how differently you and I see things Samson. like almost the exact opposite..

where you're looking a for a breakout back into the higher zone, I'm generally looking to short stop-runs there as the dead-cat fails once again.

Im considering going short from 3990, looks like a stoprun of the liquidity level there from the underside at the moment, before another plunge, to me. the S&P is doing the same thing at 1841.

it might spike a bit higher first, so will wait for NY open and see

Last edited by kevsta; 12th February 2016 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12th February 2016, 04:03 AM   #326
Samson
Philosopher

its funny just how differently you and I see things Samson. like almost the exact opposite..

where you're looking a for a breakout back into the higher zone, I'm generally looking to short stop-runs there as the dead-cat fails once again.

Im considering going short from 3990, looks like a stoprun of the liquidity level there from the underside at the moment, before another plunge, to me. the S&P is doing the same thing at 1841.

it might spike a bit higher first, so will wait for NY open and see
I agree, no one should be fooled into the 40 point easy run up when a more complicated strategy is way more exciting

ETA here is the screen capture I took at the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new x dec 74 buy 30 nasd 12 2 16.jpg (78.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Samson; 12th February 2016 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12th February 2016, 04:04 AM   #327
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

so it seems to me that all you TA woo-woo-ers have a real dilemma.. either it IS possible to extract useful information from charts, or I am indeed lying, and am just psychic. any other rational explanations anyone ?
I don't have any "rational" explanations but some of my less irrational ones include:
  • Superior intelligence
  • Hard work
  • Dumb luck
  • Witchcraft
  • Doing the opposite of what Samson says
Old 12th February 2016, 04:12 AM   #328
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
I don't have any "rational" explanations but some of my less irrational ones include:
  • Superior intelligence
  • Hard work
  • Dumb luck
  • Witchcraft
So you shorted nasdaq just now and bought apple at 120?
Old 12th February 2016, 04:20 AM   #329
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

I agree, no one should be fooled into the 40 point easy run up when a more complicated strategy is way more exciting

ETA here is the screen capture I took at the time.
are you cashed out then or will you watch it retrace the whole way? that is the question.

and my last 2 Nasdaq runs were from 4250 to 4090 and from 4037 to 3900 so I am pretty uninterested in your low reward high risk dead cat catching.
Old 12th February 2016, 04:30 AM   #330
Samson
Philosopher

are you cashed out then or will you watch it retrace the whole way? that is the question.

and my last 2 Nasdaq runs were from 4250 to 4090 and from 4037 to 3900 so I am pretty uninterested in your low reward high risk dead cat catching.
There you go again, talking like it's a contest. How about your trading ideas are great and my trading ideas are great? And who said everyone should hedge their complete equity portfolios on December 9?
ummm, oh it was moi.
Old 12th February 2016, 05:21 AM   #331
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

So you shorted nasdaq just now and bought apple at 120?
Not now that you are recommending it.
Old 12th February 2016, 06:46 AM   #332
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

There you go again, talking like it's a contest. How about your trading ideas are great and my trading ideas are great? And who said everyone should hedge their complete equity portfolios on December 9?
ummm, oh it was moi.
Samson, its not a contest, but given that much of my trading is in direct opposition to you, like:

"The Bear Market is over" ..lol no its not its just getting started.. you were long looking for 1950, I was short from 1940. what happened?

the next time I said in advance that if it closed below 1867, 1810 was next, you were looking for 1888, I told you the ceiling was 1876 that morning and we were going down.

"Oil will hit $4x by February" in contrast I told you $27 was the next stop and it would bounce at 26.89.

you managed one successful Apple (counter-trend)bounce from 114 to 120 at which point it reversed and fell to 102. which I had predicted weeks in advance. then 92.85, which I had also predicted. Its bounced twice off 92.85 now.

Tesla. bearish from 255 with once again the important levels nailed weeks in advance.

can you see the difference? the main difference I see is

a) accuracy
b) not so many failures to be conveniently forgotten about?

today you may well be right and it breaks out bit a higher than I think, it often happens, but attempting to align your prediction record to mine isn't very honest or convincing to anyone else.

how is the trading account doing? that would maybe convince people more of your ability to cash in on dead cat bounces etc. they are just too low reward, high risk for me.

Last edited by kevsta; 12th February 2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12th February 2016, 06:53 AM   #333
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

• Superior intelligence
  • Hard work
  • Dumb luck
  • Witchcraft
if I'm not mistaken there are some compliments in there, for which I thank you
Old 12th February 2016, 07:54 AM   #334
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

lol @ CNBC trying to get people to BTFD.

3 day weekend in the US and China opens after a week off on Sunday night..

"Cover your shorts, cover your shorts.." is their advice.

obviously any "event risk" while the US are locked out of trading Monday, could only be upwards?

I suspect people who took Samson's bounce, might want to close out of their longs too? CNBC are just hilarious buy side pumpers.
Old 12th February 2016, 12:27 PM   #335
Samson
Philosopher

Samson, its not a contest, but given that much of my trading is in direct opposition to you, like:

"The Bear Market is over" ..lol no its not its just getting started.. you were long looking for 1950, I was short from 1940. what happened?

the next time I said in advance that if it closed below 1867, 1810 was next, you were looking for 1888, I told you the ceiling was 1876 that morning and we were going down.

"Oil will hit $4x by February" in contrast I told you $27 was the next stop and it would bounce at 26.89.

you managed one successful Apple (counter-trend)bounce from 114 to 120 at which point it reversed and fell to 102. which I had predicted weeks in advance. then 92.85, which I had also predicted. Its bounced twice off 92.85 now.

Tesla. bearish from 255 with once again the important levels nailed weeks in advance.

can you see the difference? the main difference I see is

a) accuracy
b) not so many failures to be conveniently forgotten about?

today you may well be right and it breaks out bit a higher than I think, it often happens, but attempting to align your prediction record to mine isn't very honest or convincing to anyone else.

how is the trading account doing? that would maybe convince people more of your ability to cash in on dead cat bounces etc. they are just too low reward, high risk for me.
You make it sound like a contest.
I called the run to 120 on apple and the short from 120.

Remember:

4th December on thread 1.

There looks to be equity downside, and everyone should be short apple stock.

Apple Closed 4th December 119.03

So there you are, caught in a flat out lie when you say

you managed one successful Apple (counter-trend)bounce from 114 to 120 at which point it reversed and fell to 102.

You see your problem? You are faithfully recalling all your wins and forgetting your losses, and doing the opposite with my record.

This is what gamblers are prone to do, misrepresent their track record.

When I called the end of the bear market there ensued a decent rally, then I went short again. That is trading.

Yesterday I called a decent rally in nasdaq, from 3960, In fact the algorithm level was 3952 and I posted the screen capture accordingly. Since then it has hit 4019.93, and is plotting to go higher than that as I type. There you have a
rally of 1.6% right there, never out of the money. I could go on and on, and I will trawl back if you persist in supporting the false statements that Psion makes and so on.

No hard feelings, but my specific predictions on thread wipe the floor with your's.
Old 12th February 2016, 01:00 PM   #336
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

No hard feelings, but my specific predictions on thread wipe the floor with your's.
hahahaha no hard feelings at all, that's the funniest thing Ive heard all week, thanks for the laugh
Old 12th February 2016, 01:05 PM   #337
Samson
Philosopher

The subject of End of the Bear Market

Here is a picture of the most famous stock index, the dow Jones 30. Note I called the end of the bear market between the last two spikes down. If the second one holds, my call becomes correct for this index.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dow daily.jpg (84.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 12th February 2016, 01:09 PM   #338
Samson
Philosopher

hahahaha no hard feelings at all, that's the funniest thing Ive heard all week, thanks for the laugh
You are welcome.
Old 12th February 2016, 03:00 PM   #339
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Originally Posted by Samson;11 122600
Here is a picture of the most famous stock index, the dow Jones 30. Note I called the end of the bear market between the last two spikes down. If the second one holds, my call becomes correct for this index.
how did you make out with the Nasdaq whipsawing in the end?

and I'm beginning to doubt that you know what a bear market is. please define this statement further? you mean there will be another bounce from here? to where? with levels? what is telling you this, your famous algo, or just hunch? I suspect the latter.

and (again) how is the live account going?
Old 12th February 2016, 03:14 PM   #340
Samson
Philosopher

how did you make out with the Nasdaq whipsawing in the end?

and I'm beginning to doubt that you know what a bear market is. please define this statement further? you mean there will be another bounce from here? to where? with levels? what is telling you this, your famous algo, or just hunch? I suspect the latter.

and (again) how is the live account going?
Convention is 20% decline from a top. I called 20% declines on all indices from December 9. Spain Italy and Japan have done that, comprising 220 million people. The decline had started, but the point is to nail that 20% from a trader's perspective, so it is not practical to use the top. Noone rings a bell there.

The live account is going fine, I will post quarterly results. Look forward to March 31.
Old 12th February 2016, 07:40 PM   #341
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Convention is 20% decline from a top. I called 20% declines on all indices from December 9. Spain Italy and Japan have done that, comprising 220 million people. The decline had started, but the point is to nail that 20% from a trader's perspective, so it is not practical to use the top. Noone rings a bell there.
no, do you know what it actually is? ie not just when one has supposedly begun?

stop going on about what you called, nobody's listening anyway, and explain to me how a bear market can be arrived and gone in six weeks?

and explain to me how you are arriving at these statements, as Im certain your algo doesnt compute end of bear market calls. I dont think the algo has anything to do with your market opinions at all, does it?

Last edited by kevsta; 12th February 2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12th February 2016, 11:58 PM   #342
Samson
Philosopher

no, do you know what it actually is? ie not just when one has supposedly begun?

stop going on about what you called, nobody's listening anyway, and explain to me how a bear market can be arrived and gone in six weeks?

and explain to me how you are arriving at these statements, as Im certain your algo doesnt compute end of bear market calls. I dont think the algo has anything to do with your market opinions at all, does it?
Kevsta: Can't you see what's happening here. We are supposed to be working as a team to educate and now there is this unseemly squabbling. Remember. United we stand, divided we fall.
Old 13th February 2016, 04:13 AM   #343
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Kevsta: Can't you see what's happening here. We are supposed to be working as a team to educate and now there is this unseemly squabbling. Remember. United we stand, divided we fall.
you should play dodge-ball.

1. I never signed up to any team work.

2. you would have to convince me first

3. how do you think your "mission to educate" is going?

we are not "united" Samson as I have said many times I rate your chances of success in the market at no more than 50/50 from all I have seen.
Old 13th February 2016, 09:20 AM   #344
Samson
Philosopher

you should play dodge-ball.

1. I never signed up to any team work.

2. you would have to convince me first

3. how do you think your "mission to educate" is going?

we are not "united" Samson as I have said many times I rate your chances of success in the market at no more than 50/50 from all I have seen.
Now I understand why I was warned that Americans don't do irony.

However I am delighted you discovered a seeming anomaly in my predictions. Only 14 days for oil left.
Old 13th February 2016, 09:50 AM   #345
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Now I understand why I was warned that Americans don't do irony.

However I am delighted you discovered a seeming anomaly in my predictions. Only 14 days for oil left.
Americans. Tut. I am English.

Samson, dont get me wrong, you seem ok like a nice enough guy, but I consistently wonder what your motives here are. and lately your posts have lost all coherence and veered wildly from the original story, where it was all algo algo algo, into seemingly wild and daily flip flopping macro calls.

it's like you are desperately seeking validation on every utterance, and yet are not providing convincing evidence of anything. and continually dodge all direct questions, while moaning about people's entirely valid skepticism. you are not going to find what you seek here like this.

and if your mission is supposedly about education then use valid non-controvertible evidence, or expect continual ridicule, would be my advice. many people have consistently said that the only thing that matters is can you do it with real money, and ultimately that is the bottom line.

and because of that, and because I am now past the 3 month point on my live accounts and so due a Q1 update, this is what the internal stats and equity on my primary live account look like.

I really started trading in earnest at full position sizes just before xmas, prior to that I was trading at 0.2-03% risk per trade, now it is 1-2%.

so here you can see what a low risk, high reward trading strategy looks like as time goes on. The stats you show everything I have said can, and needs to be done, in action on real money, ie:
  • low running drawdowns
  • smaller losses than wins
  • profitable even with low win rate
  • every single trade has been run with stop losses

I have also sent a PM link to PsionL0 to verify myfxbook.com authenticity, as the account is not publicly viewable.

somewhat amusingly, if a little worryingly also lol, I have also qualified to become a MyFXBook trade signal supplier, if I want to

I look forward to seeing yours in a few weeks.
Old 13th February 2016, 10:11 AM   #346
Samson
Philosopher

Americans. Tut. I am English.

Samson, dont get me wrong, you seem ok like a nice enough guy, but I consistently wonder what your motives here are. and lately your posts have lost all coherence and veered wildly from the original story, where it was all algo algo algo, into seemingly wild and daily flip flopping macro calls.

it's like you are desperately seeking validation on every utterance, and yet are not providing convincing evidence of anything. and continually dodge all direct questions, while moaning about people's entirely valid skepticism. you are not going to find what you seek here like this.

and if your mission is supposedly about education then use valid non-controvertible evidence, or expect continual ridicule, would be my advice. many people have consistently said that the only thing that matters is can you do it with real money, and ultimately that is the bottom line.

and because of that, and because I am now past the 3 month point on my live accounts and so due a Q1 update, this is what the internal stats and equity on my primary live account look like.

I really started trading in earnest at full position sizes just before xmas, prior to that I was trading at 0.2-03% risk per trade, now it is 1-2%.

so here you can see what a low risk, high reward trading strategy looks like as time goes on. The stats you show everything I have said can, and needs to be done, in action on real money, ie:
  • low running drawdowns

I have also sent a PM link to PsionL0 to verify myfxbook.com authenticity, as the account is not publicly viewable.

somewhat amusingly, if a little worryingly also lol, I have also qualified to become a MyFXBook trade signal supplier, if I want to

I look forward to seeing yours in a few weeks.
kevsta you had me fooled, I assumed you were American. I started the thread, and you cheerfully joined in. I am not remotely interested in seeking validation. I wish you luck with your trading, but your methodology has no application in the real world, because you can't make simple how you make predictions. This is my final post on ISF. Best of luck.
Old 13th February 2016, 10:33 AM   #347
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

kevsta you had me fooled, I assumed you were American. I started the thread, and you cheerfully joined in. I am not remotely interested in seeking validation. I wish you luck with your trading, but your methodology has no application in the real world, because you can't make simple how you make predictions. This is my final post on ISF. Best of luck.
my methodology has no application in the real world ?

quoting the whole post again, (images and all, of verified live real world stats) who doesn't understand irony? I dont want you to leave Samson, but it may well be the best thing for you, I've done it before too.

good luck whatever you decide.

Last edited by kevsta; 13th February 2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 13th February 2016, 11:04 PM   #348
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

I can confirm that the screenshots accurately depict what is on the myfxbook.com account.

• low running drawdowns
This is something that I am not clever enough to verify. I can't even see what the trade volumes are.

From what I can see, the returns were slightly negative from September to the end of December and only really took off this month. I guess the stop losses prevent you from having a really bad month but I can't deduce the average waiting time for one of these great months.

I guess the $64 question is, would your system be robust enough to cope with me investing in it? (Don't forget, I have sexy fingers. )
Old 14th February 2016, 01:13 AM   #349
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

I can confirm that the screenshots accurately depict what is on the myfxbook.com account.

This is something that I am not clever enough to verify. I can't even see what the trade volumes are.
if you go into the history tab, all trades are visible there, and hovering over the image on the right shows individual trade details.

but just about all trades are at the smallest position size available on this account, 0.01 lots.

From what I can see, the returns were slightly negative from September to the end of December and only really took off this month. I guess the stop losses prevent you from having a really bad month but I can't deduce the average waiting time for one of these great months.
I intend having them most months from now on

in all seriousness, the strategy was still evolving until Xmas, and too small a trade risk size meant too small a stop loss, which meant many more stopouts on entries before the move goes..

the system will always have a high amount of small losses, until the bigger wins arrive, but I expect to see the trade win rate climb slowly over time.

I guess the $64 question is, would your system be robust enough to cope with me investing in it? (Don't forget, I have sexy fingers. )
it *should* make no difference to the system whether I take a trade at 0.01 lots or 10.00 lots and wins / losses are x 1000 or 10,000

however I am not ready for the psychological (emotional) pressure of trading other peoples money yet. when its at 200% and I have added some more of my own money to it, and done it again, I'll give you a shout

Last edited by kevsta; 14th February 2016 at 01:51 AM.
Old 14th February 2016, 02:39 AM   #350
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

and just to pre-empt the obvious next "cherry-picking" question about my other account, its at +12% currently, (having been up to over 20% last week) but after a trading platform update last year, the stats have not been updated since 15 Dec on MyFXBook.com, at which point it was down by about the same amount. I have their support looking at it now, and will send that link through too when it's working correctly.

I run slightly different strategies on each and try to avoid taking the same trades in the same direction on both, as much as possible, and trade different things on different platforms (due to availability primarily, but better spreads on certain things etc)

so here's the current total, and also showing all Apple trades taken since opening, which again shows the low loss / high win strategy in action, and totals up to 15.33 or +3% of the +12% total, currently.

FYI - for future reference, Metatrader will show you in the top left (orange) whether the account is Real or Demo

so it's currently 2 / 2 real accounts going the right way, doing the same thing, but slightly different, on both.

its obviously early days yet, but I'm only getting better at it with time and practice.

Old 14th February 2016, 03:01 AM   #351
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

So then chaps, are we about done here now then?

I think I have comprehensively proved that "it IS possible" and only time will tell whether it is continually possible, over time.

and as Samson has left the thread and nobody else wants to discuss, dispute or converse otherwise about the evidence with me, so I think I'm about done showing you how previous price history most definitely can be useful.

I have proven it with (10/10 positive) automated trading systems over 3 months, which are running aggregated trader feeds and averaging 69-73% wins over approaching 1000 trades now, and I have proven it myself trading manually on 2 separate live accounts.

I will answer any further questions anybody has about the evidence, but otherwise I don't really think there's much more to add that hasn't already been said many many times before.

Old 14th February 2016, 03:45 AM   #352
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

if you go into the history tab, all trades are visible there, and hovering over the image on the right shows individual trade details.

but just about all trades are at the smallest position size available on this account, 0.01 lots.

When I browse your myfx.com account, this is what I see:

As you can see, the "lots" column isn't there so you can understand my confusion.

however I am not ready for the psychological (emotional) pressure of trading other peoples money yet. when its at 200% and I have added some more of my own money to it, and done it again, I'll give you a shout
Fair enough. I'll just wait until you have rendered your system jinx proof.
Old 14th February 2016, 04:13 AM   #353
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

When I browse your myfx.com account, this is what I see:

As you can see, the "lots" column isn't there so you can understand my confusion.
ah. my apologies, permissions. look again now.

Fair enough. I'll just wait until you have rendered your system jinx proof.
working on it
Old 14th February 2016, 06:28 AM   #354
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

ah. my apologies, permissions. look again now.
Great. Another excuse for not understanding you is gone. ( )
Old 14th February 2016, 06:55 PM   #355
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

So then chaps, are we about done here now then?

I think I have comprehensively proved that "it IS possible" and only time will tell whether it is continually possible, over time.

and as Samson has left the thread and nobody else wants to discuss, dispute or converse otherwise about the evidence with me, so I think I'm about done showing you how previous price history most definitely can be useful.

I have proven it with (10/10 positive) automated trading systems over 3 months, which are running aggregated trader feeds and averaging 69-73% wins over approaching 1000 trades now, and I have proven it myself trading manually on 2 separate live accounts.

I will answer any further questions anybody has about the evidence, but otherwise I don't really think there's much more to add that hasn't already been said many many times before.

Don't go just yet. You still haven't made your system idiot-proof!

Of course, if all this posting is getting tiresome for you, you could limit yourself to monthly or quarterly updates. I could even do it for you but my effort wouldn't sound anywhere near as intelligent as yours.

As far as Samson goes, he has threatened to leave this forum before (promises promises).
Old 15th February 2016, 02:09 AM   #356
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

Don't go just yet. You still haven't made your system idiot-proof!
no manual system can ever be idiot-proof. if I can make it kevsta-proof that would be a good start.

Of course, if all this posting is getting tiresome for you, you could limit yourself to monthly or quarterly updates.
I see the thread getting a lot of reads, but as I think I have supplied enough examples of short and intermediate range predictions which have ALL played out, and there is absolutely indisputable live trade win-rate data that needs to be considered for a start. ..but not a single mention for three months

so we are running into the law of diminishing returns now. if people really want to believe I am psychic instead of extracting these "lucky guesses" from charts, well I can't really do more about their wierd superstitions.

As far as Samson goes, he has threatened to leave this forum before (promises promises).
either way I don't think there's much that hasn't already been said.

and I'm not "leaving" (like last time) but until people want to consider what's already here properly, it's a waste of my time continuing on.
Old 18th February 2016, 10:18 PM   #357
Samson
Philosopher

It is a good idea to buy Indices for a significant rally here.
TA tells me this is so.
SNP currently 1921.52, I am long the market.
Old 19th February 2016, 12:23 AM   #358
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

It is a good idea to buy Indices for a significant rally here.
TA tells me this is so.
SNP currently 1921.52, I am long the market.
he returns..

obviously I'm short again from 1928 yesterday, stop-loss at zero.

Old 19th February 2016, 12:46 AM   #359
Samson
Philosopher

he returns..

obviously I'm short again from 1928 yesterday, stop-loss at zero.

I come and go. The forum is servant, and I am obliged to correct false statements here and there.
I am playing a wave 5, you are seeing a correction to a down trend.

It is very important to never claim certainty, fundamentally or technically, look at the bones in the valley of doom.
The pilgrim's progress.
Old 19th February 2016, 03:31 AM   #360
kevsta
RBL CHeck Failed

It is very important to never claim certainty, fundamentally or technically
haha I never do. even when I am confident and correct things can still go horribly wrong, I had a horrible day yesterday, shorting oil @ 31.65, a massive execution error.

a platform fault prevented me taking it on my usual platform, the order would just not go through, so I switched to the other platform, and managed to take the trade at 1000x the size I meant to, which meant that when I pulled the S/L to where I wanted it, then equated to 88% of the account gone

the spread alone was a 6% account size loss had I closed immediately, however I held out until it ran -21 pips against me and wiped out 23% in one mistake.

obviously after I closed the trade, it only ran another 10 pips against me, (maybe -35% total) and then GAPPED down to what would have been an immediate +70% account win, and then ran down to an approx 250% account win.

knowing what is coming correctly, is often not enough, when the imbecile pressing the buttons is me.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance