ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th April 2017, 06:31 AM   #321
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
yep . . .every specie on earth fight . . .but God does not.
But that's not what you said earlier, was it?

And what did you actually say here anyway? To say God does not fight is to say nothing except that God is God. A god that can destroy cities and cause plagues and flood the earth does not need to fight, of course. And if there's only one god, then obviously he does not have to fight his equals, for there are none. When I spray a hornets' nest with insecticide I'm not exactly fighting either, but that does not make me the good guy (at least from a hornet's standpoint).

And by the way, not to be too nitpicky, but the singular of "species" is "species."

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 06:35 AM   #322
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Human beings have a problem. They do not have the ability to judge. But even though they do not have it they are still doing it. Only God has that ability. History has it that there was only one. He was king Solomon. He did it by a gift that God gave him.

Love Johan
The Bible is not a history book.
Old 25th April 2017, 06:35 AM   #323
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Human beings have a problem. They do not have the ability to judge. But even though they do not have it they are still doing it. Only God has that ability. History has it that there was only one. He was king Solomon. He did it by a gift that God gave him.

Love Johan
Well, you are quite wrong.

Humans do have an excellent ability to judge and that is a big part of the reason why you are able to say otherwise now.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 06:39 AM   #324
Argumemnon
World Maker

He was a human. Therefore humans have that ability. Second contradiction.

In fact, I'd say, based on your "history book" (snicker) that humans are actually better at judgment than god.
Old 25th April 2017, 06:54 AM   #325
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
yep . . .every specie on earth fight . . .but God does not.
As an opening bid, you have failed to demonstrate that "every specie[sic]" (I will be charitable, and assume you mean 'species') "fight".

Even the "specie[sic]" that do fight, only have the capacity for "fighting" because they do, in fact, demonstrably exist.

Whether you believe your 'god' "fights" is immaterial, unless and until you demonstrate, with concrete, practical, testable, objective, non-anecdotal evidence, that your 'god' actually exists.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 06:55 AM   #326
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
It's easy to distinguish. Most people make sense, you make word salad.
Add some salt then enjoy

No, it really isn't.
Ok . . all do not think alike

Phew, thank you, I was about to have a panic attack.
over such a small matter?

Clever. You are my new internet hero.
I am going to introduce you to the real one.

ps. It's available all over the place, just like the quote function.
Thanks

Sorry, I love my girlfriend and don't do threesomes.
I was actually speaking about "motherly love"
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 06:59 AM   #327
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
I still have most of those brownies I baked. Anyone want some to tide us over until Johan starts telling us the things he says he's been wanting to tell us about?
I already gave a lot . . .but maybe you missed them. Don't just read what I am writing to you. We are all together in this.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 07:04 AM   #328
Argumemnon
World Maker

I already gave a lot . . .but maybe you missed them.
If you think you've given any sort of argument or reason to believe in god, then you have no idea what those words mean.
Old 25th April 2017, 07:05 AM   #329
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

I already gave a lot . . .but maybe you missed them. Don't just read what I am writing to you. We are all together in this.

Love Johan
You have yet to post a single thing that might even charitably be considered objective, non-anecdotal, empirical evidence for the existence of your 'god'...

Last edited by Slowvehicle; 25th April 2017 at 07:13 AM.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 07:29 AM   #330
fagin
Illuminator

Incest? The bible is full of it.

But happily something I've managed to avoid, being a godless atheist.
Old 25th April 2017, 08:18 AM   #331
Crossbow

... snipped for relevance ...

Oh shucks!

I thought that you were speaking of "hot monkey love".

Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 09:56 AM   #332
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
I think you're confused, Porpoise. This thread is dead.
Might be to you . . .but you do not see what I see.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 09:58 AM   #333
Johanabrahams
Muse

It never really lived.
in your opinion yes. . . but I know different. So what is it that I know and you do not?

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 10:00 AM   #334
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
When did that grand alteration of nature occur?
When the love of God became a reality to me.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 10:03 AM   #335
Johanabrahams
Muse

When did that grand alteration of nature occur?
When the love of God became a reality to me. And He picked me out of the human and into the godly.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 10:07 AM   #336
3point14
Pi

When the love of God became a reality to me. And He picked me out of the human and into the godly.

Love Johan

Why are you so special?

We are lions, not tigers.
Turns out I don't know a lot about tigers.
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 10:14 AM   #337
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
Why do I say that? Because I am God ,The Creator of the universe, earth, and Bacon./
Ok so you created everything. Good .. .maybe you can restore for us some of the things we messed up

You claim to speak for, and know the thoughts of a loving God. I'm just setting the record straight.
So . . .was I wrong about your thoughts?

You could try using the quote function, at least.
Yep . . .I tried and gave up . . but there were some . . .not you . . that gave me a helping hand . . .you can learn from them.

But I am not angry . . .I forgive you.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 10:31 AM   #338
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

in your opinion yes. . . but I know different. So what is it that I know and you do not?

Love Johan
You are, as is usually the case with superstitionists, misusing the regular English verb "know".

You believe a good many things that I (for one) do not; you have yet to provide the least bit of actual evidence for some of the things you profess to believe.
Old 25th April 2017, 10:32 AM   #339
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
If by on the same page you mean willing to exchange ideas in an atmosphere of congeniality and respect, even if, nay ESPECIALLY if we do not see eye to eye?

Then hell yes!

Thanks for asking!
Good brother . . .how can two be the same . . .but they can love . . .and love being the glue in their differences because they know they have the same Father . .. making them brothers . . not to be separated by what the Father decided to reveal to each other so that they can be two and not one.

But we know in history religion has managed separation countless of times for those that built on it. But still there was only one Father.

One Father with the same love for all of His children. Some are older . . have grown more in the Life of Jesus . . and some not . . making them of different age . . .but never something else . . .still brothers. And how can anyone not love his brother . . .even as the Father loves him.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 10:33 AM   #340
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Love Johan
I did nothing of the sort. I may be God, but I don't pick people to be special.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 10:33 AM   #341
Argumemnon
World Maker

Which is a problem with your theory, don't you think? Real things can be observed by all.
Old 25th April 2017, 10:38 AM   #342
Crossbow

Love Johan
And did you get fries with that?

Old 25th April 2017, 10:44 AM   #343
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
Now, *that* was a good one.

Yep . . .but irritation will not recognize that . . so better to carry the weaknesses.

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 02:01 PM   #344
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Good brother . . .how can two be the same . . .but they can love . . .and love being the glue in their differences because they know they have the same Father . .. making them brothers . . not to be separated by what the Father decided to reveal to each other so that they can be two and not one.

But we know in history religion has managed separation countless of times for those that built on it. But still there was only one Father.

One Father with the same love for all of His children. Some are older . . have grown more in the Life of Jesus . . and some not . . making them of different age . . .but never something else . . .still brothers. And how can anyone not love his brother . . .even as the Father loves him.

Love Johan

Bob Ross, is that you?

Seriousl, Johan, it's clear you've come here to preach to us. Please commence with the preaching. Deliver your message.

Last edited by ferd burfle; 25th April 2017 at 02:05 PM.
ferd burfle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 02:15 PM   #345
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

I hope The Big Dog will rejoin this conversation! Many or most of his posts have involved tit for tat dismissive or glib arguments with the atheists (such as myself) among us. This thread instead appears to represent a perfect opportunity for TBD to get into substantial issues of religion and faith with Johanabrahams- the very types of discussion that TBD has indicated he wishes to address. And I honestly would look forward to that serious level of discussion; I might learn things despite my skepticism/atheism!

Last edited by Giordano; 25th April 2017 at 02:43 PM. Reason: corrected inadvertent abbreviated version of TBD- sorry and removed unnecessary comments
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 04:28 PM   #346
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Love Johan
What? I asked when it became the case that humans are the only animals that fight, and you say it happened when God picked you out? Quite apart from the fact that you later contradicted your own statement, that response simply makes no sense at all. Not even a little bit.

Do you read the posts you respond to? Do you even read your own posts?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 04:36 PM   #347
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

So let us discuss the possibility of an existing God of Love and what makes Him "a God of Love" .
Alright. Please define 'god' in a coherent, meaningful, and testable way. For you to ascribe attributes such as "god of love", we must first know what the entity is and how it has the capability/possess the characteristics of 'love'.

Quote:
.let us discuss God having done what I am speaking about.
No, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Can't just gloss over the evidence you've got for this 'god' entity and its claimed existence and go right for assigning (or rather, imagining) attributes of it.

Quote:
If he has not done exactly that . . .how would I know of the existence of it. Through all of His creation He said. There should be families. Where the children is the joy of the parents . . and the parents the joy of the children. And the children grow up to . . .one day . . have the joy of the parents.
Similes are good, in their appropriate place and time. But again, jumping the gun here a bit.

Wisdom can be seen. It is evidence in itself. Because human beings do not have it. And when it is seen it is obvious the presence of God.
Here's another attribute you're assigning to your 'god' before we have any evidence that the 'god' is capable of actually having it. Does a rock have wisdom, for example? No. It's not capable of the attribute of 'wisdom' then. Similarly, we must be able to say the same thing for your 'god' before we can argue if this 'god' actually possesses the trait or not.

Love Johan
And you do not see what I see. Are you willing to learn? I think your mind and heart are closed to reality.

Love Johan
So what is it that I know and you do not? Are you willing to learn?

It's quite simple, really. If you think your bible has all the answers, then we're pretty much done here. The god of the bible has been thoroughly proven to not exist for a very long time now.

I say, just relax and be happy in all of what it means to be a human being! Love if that's your wont, or don't. You certainly do not need any book or nebulous, vague 'god' to encourage you to be a better human!
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 10:21 PM   #348
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Love Johan
With enough booze I might.

Who has the Brandy around here?
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 10:24 PM   #349
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
With enough booze I might.

Who has the Brandy around here?
I have a little VSOP...how close to New Mexico are you? I'll share...
Old 25th April 2017, 11:41 PM   #350
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Maybe when you come back you can start posting on topic.
Brother . . .I would love to.

To whom is interested.

I do not want to force myself on people . . so here comes.

Firstly . . brother because the God of love included everyone . . .yep . . you too . . .but do not worry . . .you can exclude yourself.

Now love is to share . . .everything. And for God it is Himself. To give everything that He is to us. Now if you have a dog and you love it. You can teach it to be a good dog. You can teach it to be a very good dog. But you can never call it your child. What you are as a human being you can never incorporate into that dog. That is the problem with the Christian churches. They take human beings and teach them to become good human beings. But God will never call them His children. That was not why He died. He died so that we could have a death . . .and He stood up so that we can stand up . . .in His life. Being a god ourselves . . .His children like all of nature . . which He created . . .is teaching us. God has made a way. The true God has made a way. The Way. Surely . . about this I have much to say. Saying it everywhere . . .also in the Christian forums. . . but mostly they get upset and ban me there.

http://johanabrahams.pnyhost.com/New%20Revelations.html
(Go there to Worthy Christian Forums - the latest one and the best captured by me)

Ok . .I have started . . .but obviously there are lots more but not wanting to give too much again . . .let me stop for now.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 11:43 PM   #351
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Good to here it!

See you then, Cheers!
Thanks brother
Old 25th April 2017, 11:48 PM   #352
Johanabrahams
Muse

Ahh. A shame. God to know. God loves, his followers are free to hate. Such.. Loving.

I'll take myself any day. I may not be a loving God, but I also don't compel my followers to LoveHate in my name.

But do remember: Bacon is Love. Love is Bacon.
You are not a loving God . . .well then you are not a true God. But you said you are. . .So you made a mistake . . .a big one . . .because everybody know that the True One is a loving One.

But if you missed to be a god . . .your way . . .do not worry . . .I have the solution. You can still be one . . . His way.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 11:53 PM   #353
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
And you have a moderator directive not to do that but use the quote function and quote tags.

Just be advised , it is not generally a good idea to ignore a moderator warning and directive.
Yep . . .I saw it . . .after I already made the mistake. So . . .do not worry . . .I am trying my best. And for that there is no punishment. But seems after some mistakes I am there now.

The moral . . do not be scared to do something. Fear will be a handicap to you. Do it! You will get there eventually because those that see that you make mistakes in trying to be there will obviously help you to get there.

That is now . . if they have love. If they do not have . . .you just forgive them. Will teach a lot on this in future.

Love Johan
Old 25th April 2017, 11:58 PM   #354
Johanabrahams
Muse

Johanabrahams, it occurs to me that perhaps you have not figured out how to slice up a quote and thus to address it piece by piece.

You can do this quite nicely by using tags. First enter the entire quotation into your reply, as you've been doing. Then, in the reply space, when you want to interrupt the quote with your rejoinder, enter {/quote}, your reply, and then {quote}. Do this each time you want to interject a reply inside a quote. Note that in order not to accidentally put tags in this post, I have replaced the square brackets with curly ones. For the actual practice of this, enclose the tags in square brackets.

so it seems to be.... Hope all goes well.Don''t then.The result, as you can see, is fairly orderly. As for whether it is coherent, well...that's a different matter.
Now this was the one that put me on the track. Everybody just yelled at me . . .although they didn't use caps .. making it seems as if it is not yelling. And now here comes the true Samaritan. He helped me truely. But all of you other guys . . .do not worry . . God paid your sins on the cross . . .so that I do not need to be angry at you . . .and here is the true Power of Forgiveness . . .The one which is in God . . and which I as a child of His also got . . .By Birth . . .to never get angry, irritated, etc. because of the mistakes of the human race.

Some evidence that some are asking for.

Love Johan
Old 26th April 2017, 12:05 AM   #355
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
God knows!
Good brother

Sure He knows . . but then we should ask him. And if He doesn't answer . . then we can just believe the opposite. We live . . .we die . . we are no more. . . Seems like the true hell to me. . . .to believe the opposite.. . because what you believe in . . .that you will get.

Love Johan
Old 26th April 2017, 12:08 AM   #356
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Is this supposed to be another one of Jesus/God's rules Christians tell everyone else to follow, while not following it themselves? You know, like the "love your neighbor" and "do unto others" ones?

It's odd that self proclaimed followers of Christ seem to think Christ's rules apply to everyone but them.
Or maybe . . .they were struggling . . like me . . .to get into the Quote situation . . .and there is nobody to help.

Luckily for me . . .I found somebody . . .and "Bruto" helped me.. . .and I remember his name.

Love Johan
Old 26th April 2017, 12:17 AM   #357
Johanabrahams
Muse

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
How many times, dear, must a community tell you that your posting style is perceived, even defined, as shouting, and shouting rudely, at that, for you to accept (or at least acknowledge) a norm?
Only once.

It is part and parcel with your refusal to use the "quote" function correctly, which (in addition to conforming to an accepted norm) clarifies your posting (at least as far as attribution of that to which you claim to be responding).
you made a mistake . . .but do not worry . . .God died for your mistakes . . so that I can accept it and correct you . . .with the evidence of the opposite.

Further, your use of scare quotes around the simple English noun, screed, demonstrates that you do not understand its meaning.
well it should not be a problem . . .as lack of understanding has an obvious remedy.

Love Johan
Old 26th April 2017, 12:20 AM   #358
Johanabrahams
Muse

It it not a 'god' that anyone else acknowledges?

Got it.
You should allow me to finish my argument . . .only then can you judge it. Speaking before that will have you blunder like you did. . .But do not worry . . God died for all your blunders . . .so no problem . .that is to me . . I will just help you with it . . .as God is helper.

Love Johan
Old 26th April 2017, 12:23 AM   #359
Johanabrahams
Muse

No actual evidence for your 'god', then...

Got it.
You, missing it, can not judge it . . but do not worry . . God died for your sins so that I can forgive you . . .and obviously Him too. You are forgiven!

Love Johan
Old 26th April 2017, 12:25 AM   #360
Johanabrahams
Muse

...evidence?
Have you seen God fighting?

Love Johan

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy