ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old 15th July 2017, 07:34 PM   #121
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

I suspect when things get too bad too ignore they'll pretend they were worried about Trump all along.
Lol

It seems I've heard this before also.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 07:43 PM   #122
The Great Zaganza
Master Poster

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol

It seems I've heard this before also.
It would be standard operating procedure for the GOP: most members are on record criticising Trump at some point so that they have a soundbite they can point to when the ship goes down.
Old 15th July 2017, 07:55 PM   #123
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

He mentioned it? lol, you cannot be serious.

Did he also mention the lady was a fraud and that she had no meaningful information.
As verified by the unimpeachable testimony of Junior, who has absolutely told us absolutely everything, as verified by the unimpeachable testimony of Junior. She says she left a folder full of information.

Quote:
Would have been great if she had. Trump jr could have turned it over to the FBI in time for Comey to say "sigh" "no credible prosecutor would want to pursue this"
Comey's opinion was based on his belief that a prosecutor couldn't prove criminal intent, which would have absolutely been necessary for a criminal conviction on charges of mishandling classified information. Junior was quite kind to publish his clear intent to collude with a foreign national and to confirm that he knew it was wrong by trying to hide it and then repeatedly lying about it. That makes things so much easier.

Quote:
The leftist clown car rolls on.
The leftist clowns are absolutely on a roll, eg. Colbert, but so are serious leftists, whereas the wheels are coming off the Trumpmobile. So sorry you bought a lemon.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 08:02 PM   #124
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
As verified by the unimpeachable testimony of Junior, who has absolutely told us absolutely everything, as verified by the unimpeachable testimony of Junior. She says she left a folder full of information.
Lol
Well it's settled then!
Quote:
Comey's opinion was based on his belief that a prosecutor couldn't prove criminal intent, which would have absolutely been necessary for a criminal conviction on charges of mishandling classified information. Junior was quite kind to publish his clear intent to collude with a foreign national and to confirm that he knew it was wrong by trying to hide it and then repeatedly lying about it. That makes things so much easier.
Lol
Ask Patreus about criminal intent.
Too bad jr didn't work for the campaign.
Quote:
The leftist clowns are absolutely on a roll, eg. Colbert, but so are serious leftists, whereas the wheels are coming off the Trumpmobile. So sorry you bought a lemon.
Lol
That lemon just gave us back the court.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 08:15 PM   #125
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Lol
Well it's settled then!

Lol

Lol
That lemon just gave us back the court.

I know U R, but what am I?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 08:20 PM   #126
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

No there isnt any evidence yet, just wishful thinking.
Investigations are ongoing. No one has been charged yet either.

Did you see Kellyann's fun with words on the morning news?
She said "Collusion? Not yet."

I think there is wishful thinking on your "side" too.

Whistling in the dark, holding your breath going past the cemetery.

This administration seems to be unable to get out of their own way.

While people keep repeating that ridiculous word "nothingburger" we
find out there are two more people at the meeting than originally
admitted.

Quote:
Lol
If Jr didn't work for the campaign, then why is he setting up meetings
with Kushner and Manafort?
Did you even read the emails the Jr posted himself on twitter?

What does Patreus have to do with it?
Old 15th July 2017, 11:28 PM   #127
Minoosh
Philosopher

Though it might be fun to see Trump tarred, feathered, impeached and/or imprisoned, the alternative, Pence, will have a very similar agenda. He's not the Gaga MAGA Emperor, but that will be a plus to some conservatives. To anyone not supporting the basic conservative agenda, Pence is better only for not being a buffoon who is systematically demolishing the United States' standing in the world.

That's probably still good enough for me, but it's a win-win agenda for conservatives more focused on court appointments, military buildups and immigration issues than on personalities. Though on balance I might prefer Pence, nothing in his track record leads me to believe he will break with Trump in any substantive way.

I saw somewhere that although Trump may imagine he's an American Putin, Putin probably sees him as an American Yeltsin. Have to think about the implications of that.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 12:08 AM   #128
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

It's interesting how the Trump defenders won't even comment on the quality of Jr.'s actions. They won't say it was good. They won't say it was bad. Instead, it's all about Hillary and Obama, even though it is shamefully obvious that they do not factor into this story.

Word of advice: If you feel the need to change the subject, you're better off changing your beliefs.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 12:36 AM   #129
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Though it might be fun to see Trump tarred, feathered, impeached and/or imprisoned, the alternative, Pence, will have a very similar agenda. He's not the Gaga MAGA Emperor, but that will be a plus to some conservatives. To anyone not supporting the basic conservative agenda, Pence is better only for not being a buffoon who is systematically demolishing the United States' standing in the world.

That's probably still good enough for me, but it's a win-win agenda for conservatives more focused on court appointments, military buildups and immigration issues than on personalities. Though on balance I might prefer Pence, nothing in his track record leads me to believe he will break with Trump in any substantive way.

I saw somewhere that although Trump may imagine he's an American Putin, Putin probably sees him as an American Yeltsin. Have to think about the implications of that.
I don't want to see a President Pence. From a domestic viewpoint he is as bad maybe even worse than Trump. But I'm sick of all the lies. Not that Pence won't lie. It just won't be every other sentence. I don't see Pence trying to undermine the democracy as Trump has been. I doubt we'll hear Pence declare that everyone else is lying when it's clear that they are not. I doubt we'll hear 'fake news' comes out of his mouth. Trump is systematically destroying our foreign service core, our intelligence services and the justice department. I think Pence will reverse those trends. I won't have to hear talking heads trying to tell me that up is down and black is white anymore. The one hope I had about Trump was that he really would do something significant with our obvious infrastructure needs. That turned out to be total vapor.

Pence isn't the brightest bulb and he is a religious nutjob which Trump is not. But Trump is a lying incompetent piece of crap. He's an embarrassment on every level. But most of all I want Trump gone before we are all gone. This guy is crazier than Brad Pitt's character in Twelve monkeys. Nobody this batcrap crazy should have access to the nuclear codes.
Old 16th July 2017, 02:30 AM   #130
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Dude, look at the thread title. All things Trump + Russia. What the other side says is relevant (as a general rule, if you aren't a fanatic), for example that they now openly mock that Russiagate nonsense in advertisements at the international section of the Moscow airport is newsworthy. And the way that information was delivered to us over twitter is nothing short of hilarious.

I understand very well that you would prefer to keep the "discussion" confined to your little echo chamber where only the "Western" pre$$titute media sets the propaganda agenda - which is what all the "fake news" crap is about, remember, started by Washington Pest -, but I'm afraid it won't happen.
That's all very nice, but that doesn't change my criticism: you pretty much always get your stuff from Russian sources.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 02:32 AM   #131
Argumemnon
World Maker

How exactly was it a crime? Should be easy for you to lay it out.
Because it's a crime to solicit favours from foreign government when it comes to the elections. This has been explained many times. Going into that meeting and expecting to get information, even if you don't get anything in the end, falls under that statute.

Quote:
It's much more involved than your conclusions are jumping to. Wishful thinking is all you have.
Nay-saying is all you have, and it's not very convincing.

Quote:
...snip...
...snip...
Edited by jsfisher:  Moderated content and response to same redacted.

Last edited by jsfisher; 17th July 2017 at 05:23 PM.
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 03:42 AM   #132
banquetbear
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Simply amazing that this was on Fox News. Time to dump dumb Trump, the prince of liars.
...just to be clear here: Shepard Smith has been calling it like this since the start of the Trump regime, and has always been a pretty rational stand-up guy. There are a number of editorial commentaries from Smith that echoed what he says here. Chris Wallace has been calling it pretty straight as well. I don't particularly like Chris Wallace: but his interviews with the Trump regime have been pretty damn good, and he catches them off-guard because they come on his show expecting an easy time and he doesn't give it to them.
banquetbear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 06:32 AM   #133
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post

Although it is difficult to predict the American electorate, a severely damaged Trump, or a Trump thrown out of office and replaced by Pence, will probably have an impact on mid-term elections. President Pence would almost certainly have a weaker Congressional position, so giving Trump the boot would probably hurt the conservative agenda.
Old 16th July 2017, 07:47 AM   #134
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
It's interesting how the Trump defenders won't even comment on the quality of Jr.'s actions. They won't say it was good. They won't say it was bad. Instead, it's all about Hillary and Obama, even though it is shamefully obvious that they do not factor into this story.

Word of advice: If you feel the need to change the subject, you're better off changing your beliefs.
If Obama and his "Justice" Dept. had done their jobs, they could have prevented Trump's campaign from collaborating with foreign agents. Trump is on record as saying he supports surveillance efforts, even if they incidentally spill into his campaign workings.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 07:56 AM   #135
The Great Zaganza
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
If Obama and his "Justice" Dept. had done their jobs, they could have prevented Trump's campaign from collaborating with foreign agents. Trump is on record as saying he supports surveillance efforts, even if they incidentally spill into his campaign workings.
What should he have done?
Stop the election via Executive Order?

He told the party leaderahips, and the RNC made it clear that they want the election, fully aware of the Trump-Russia connection.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 16th July 2017 at 07:57 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:19 AM   #136
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

If you don't believe that TrumpCo has lost control of the narrative even in the Fox bubble, watch Chris Wallace vs. Trump's attorney, Sekulow:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:43 AM   #137
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
What should he have done?
Stop the election via Executive Order?
No, no. You're not getting the logic: he shouldn't done something, and damn him because he didn't, but if he had done something, then it would have been the wrong thing, and damn him because he did.

Old 16th July 2017, 08:45 AM   #138
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

As Anti-Trump / Anti-Russia Campaign Fails - Yascha Mounk Feeds New Lies
Old 16th July 2017, 08:45 AM   #139
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Contact them about what?

Reporting their contacts with the Russians to the FBI, which they should have done, but didn't. Instead, they lied. They went to the meeting, which was illegal because they sought to collude with the Russians. It's plain and simple and you cannot change reality from the comfort of your keyboard.

Quote:
Perhaps more investigations will reveal what they already have?

Lol
You were a government official, he isn't!

That doesn't make any difference, they were suppose to contact the FBI.

Quote:
Legal experts say Donald Trump Jr has just confessed to a federal crime

Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 with the express purpose of getting information the Russian government had supposedly acquired on Hillary Clinton, according to a New York Times report published on Monday night.

Trump Jr. then confirmed the story on Tuesday on Twitter by releasing the actual emails between him and British publicist Rob Goldstone setting up the meeting — emails that proved without a shadow of a doubt that the Trump Jr. was told beforehand that the information he would be getting came from the Russian government.

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump,” Goldstone wrote to Trump Jr. “ “If it’s what you say I love it,” he replied.

Trump Jr. had already admitted in a statement that he took the meeting with the Russian attorney, a woman named Natalia Veselnitskaya, to get useful information on Hillary Clinton. His defense of his actions was that the meeting didn’t bear fruit: that “it quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.” In other words, there’s no way this constituted meaningful collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia because Veselnitskaya didn’t provide him with anything useful.

But experts on national security and election law say this “defense” is, legally speaking, no defense at all.

Why Trump Jr. may have broken the law

The statute in question is 52 USC 30121, 36 USC 510 — the law governing foreign contributions to US campaigns. There are two key passages that apply here. This is the first:

A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/10/...-times-illegal

You have no case in defense of Trump Jr. because his own emails point to a crime.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:47 AM   #140
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

If you don't believe that TrumpCo has lost control of the narrative even in the Fox bubble, watch Chris Wallace vs. Trump's attorney, Sekulow:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Sekulow looks as though he realises he's not playing with the strongest hand there.

However, what sort of viewing figures does Wallace get compared to some of the pro-Trump hosts?

Not that this invalidates your point, and Fox is probably going to be more influential with the GOP than say MSNBC.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:55 AM   #141
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I AGREE

I can remember when Trump's lawyer said that Trump was not under an investigation and in the same interview, said that Trump was being investigated in interviews with Fox News and CNN.

https://youtu.be/Hju-K9Q6fAY?t=256

Last edited by skyeagle409; 16th July 2017 at 09:00 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 09:06 AM   #142
Argumemnon
World Maker

I AGREE
Wow, that poor lawyer is just completely lost. He's babbling.

ETA: And he's wearing exactly the same suit and tie as he did in the previous interview. :|

Last edited by Argumemnon; 16th July 2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 16th July 2017, 09:10 AM   #143
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Lol

Let's take a look here.

Quote:
Obstruction of Justice

Trump Jr. could find himself in trouble not just over the meeting itself, but for his shifting accounts of how it transpired. "Did I meet with people that were Russian? I’m sure, I’m sure I did,” Donald Trump Jr. told the Times in March. “But none that were set up. None that I can think of at the moment. And certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.” Then he said the meeting was only about an old program involving American adoptions of Russian children. Then he admitted he invited both campaign manager Paul Manafort and top campaign aide Jared Kushner to sit in on the meeting knowing they would discuss information about Clinton.

Lying to the public or the media is generally not a crime, thanks to the broad free speech protections of the First Amendment. But if Trump Jr. provides shifting or untruthful explanations to the investigators probing links between the Trump campaign and Russia, he could be charged with providing false statements or obstructing justice, both of which are crimes.

http://time.com/4854592/donald-trump...ia-email-laws/

Last edited by skyeagle409; 16th July 2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 16th July 2017, 09:11 AM   #144
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Don't feel too sorry for him, he was a bit evasive about it, but he seemed to suggest that Trump wasn't directly responsible for paying his fees, which probably means that he will get paid.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 09:14 AM   #145
skyeagle409
Master Poster

ETA: And he's wearing exactly the same suit and tie as he did in the previous interview. :|

Using my invisible ink reader, I see "STUPID" written on the forehead of Trump's lawyer.
Old 16th July 2017, 09:15 AM   #146
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Don't feel too sorry for him, he was a bit evasive about it, but he seemed to suggest that Trump wasn't directly responsible for paying his fees, which probably means that he will get paid.

Old 16th July 2017, 09:47 AM   #147
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Uh-huh, good point: Putin didn't kill all those journalists.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:07 AM   #148
Stacko
Philosopher

I AGREE
Sekulow dropped an even more interesting tidbit in an interview with Jonathan Karl.

Quote:
Although he claimed that the president did not know about or participate in the meeting — which was attended by Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort — Sekulow suggested on ABC’s This Week that it could not have been really bad or else the agents would have stopped it.

“I wondered why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why did the Secret Service allow these people in?” Sekulow told ABC’s Jonathan Karl. “The president had Secret Service protection at that point. That raised a question with me.”

In November 2015, then-Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson approved Secret Service protection for then-candidates Donald Trump and Ben Carson. The agency protects “[m]ajor presidential and vice presidential candidates and their spouses,” as well as the president, vice president, their immediate families, and visiting foreign heads of state and their spouses. As such, Trump and his wife Melania were being protected at the time of the meeting.

But at that point, the Secret Service was not protecting any of the Trump campaign representatives who actually attended. Only in September 2016 — well after the Russian visit — did agents begin to provided protection for Ivanka Trump. Prior to that, Trump’s adult children were only provided with protection when “physically near the candidate,” according to a contemporaneous ABC News report. Separate protection for Eric Trump and Donald Jr. came sometime after that.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 12:36 PM   #149
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Secret Service confirms Fredo was not under their protection at the time of the meeting.

Quote:
"Well, I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in. The president had Secret Service protection at that point, and that raised a question with me," Jay Sekulow, a member of Trump's legal team, said on Sunday on the ABC news program "This Week."

In an emailed response to questions about Sekulow's comments, Secret Service spokesman Mason Brayman said that the younger Trump was not under Secret Service protection at the time of the June 2016 meeting that included Trump's son and two senior campaign officials.

"Donald Trump, Jr. was not a protectee of the USSS in June, 2016. Thus we would not have screened anyone he was meeting with at that time," the emailed statement said.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 12:39 PM   #150
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Well, if there's one thing we know, it's that the GOP and their supporters sure know there was something wrong with the meeting, if they're both trying to play it down _and_ blame other people for it.

Old 16th July 2017, 12:43 PM   #151
Stacko
Philosopher

Well, if there's one thing we know, it's that the GOP and their supporters sure know there was something wrong with the meeting, if they're both trying to play it down _and_ blame other people for it.
They might have accidently let us know the daddy was there. The Secret Service gripe would make sense in that case because of his presence but we're dealing with serial liars so who knows at this point.
Old 16th July 2017, 12:44 PM   #152
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Lies after lies from the Trump family and Trump's lawyer to cover-up Trump Jr.'s Russia meeting scandal.

Quote:
Warner: 'Unbelievable' Trump wasn't told about meeting

Washington (CNN)The top Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee said Sunday he did not believe no one told President Donald Trump about a meeting last year between top members of his campaign and a Russian lawyer.

Virginia Sen. Mark Warner said in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" that he wanted to question everyone involved in the meeting as part of the committee's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Trump Jr., in a statement, initially described the meeting as primarily about adoption policy before conceding in a subsequent statement that he had agreed to the meeting in the hope he might get damaging information on Clinton

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/politi...-jr/index.html
Old 16th July 2017, 01:04 PM   #153
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Trump is not doing very well these days.

Quote:
Donald Trump approval rating at 70-year low as Russia scandal swirls

Donald Trump’s approval rating has plunged in a national poll, published on Sunday, that charts Americans’ perceptions of a stalling domestic policy agenda and declining leadership on the world stage.

The Washington Post/ABC News poll, which put Trump’s six-month approval rating at a historic 70-year low, came amid mounting controversy over Russian interference in the 2016 election.

It emerged on Saturday that Trump’s campaign committee made a payment to the legal firm representing the president’s eldest son almost two weeks before a meeting between Trump Jr and a Russian lawyer promising compromising information on Hillary Clinton was made public.

Trump now has a 36% approval rating, down six points from his first 100 days’ rating. The poll found that 48% believed America’s leadership in the world is weaker than before the billionaire took office, while support for Republican plans to replace Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act was at just 24% compared with 50% who support the former president’s signature healthcare policy.

Trump, who has spent the weekend at his private golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, attempted to downplay the poll’s findings. On Sunday morning he used Twitter to claim, incorrectly, that “almost 40% [approval] is not bad at this time” and that the poll in question had been “just about the most inaccurate around election time!”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mails-released

On June 16, 2017, the Trump-supporting Rasmussen poll had Trump at 50% approval rating and Trump proclaimed it "great news", but since then, Trump's rating in the Rasmussen polls continued to plunge.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 16th July 2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 16th July 2017, 01:14 PM   #154
logger
Suspended

You have no case in defense of Trump Jr. because his own emails point to a crime.
Lol
Trump jr can meet with whoever he likes, he's not part of the admin. Sorry you have nothing, as usual.
Old 16th July 2017, 01:20 PM   #155
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Lol
Trump jr can meet with whoever he likes, he's not part of the admin. Sorry you have nothing, as usual.
Campaign. He was part of the campaign.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 01:22 PM   #156
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Lol

You are incorrect so don't expect me to believe it with a straight face.

Let's read the following together because Trump Jr. was clearly soliciting information that he knew was coming from a foreign source.

Quote:
52 USC 30121, 36 USC 510

The statute in question is 52 USC 30121, 36 USC 510 — the law governing foreign contributions to US campaigns. There are two key passages that apply here. This is the first:

A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election.

Which goes to show that you what you have claimed is false! Look what he has done to Trump Sr.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 16th July 2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 16th July 2017, 01:24 PM   #157
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Campaign. He was part of the campaign.

Considering what Logger has been posting, that fact keeps flying over his head.
Old 16th July 2017, 01:25 PM   #158
Argumemnon
World Maker

Lol
Trump jr can meet with whoever he likes, he's not part of the admin.
He, Manafort and Kushner were part of the campaign. Ergo, they cannot legally meet with whoever they want for whatever reason.

Sorry, you are losing.

Old 16th July 2017, 01:25 PM   #159
Minoosh
Philosopher

Quote:
Donald Trump approval rating at 70-year low as Russia scandal swirls
Poor word choice.

Trump's approval rating goes back 70 years? He must have started out as a very unpopular toddler.

Sub word "presidential," that would work.

But it still doesn't totally work. Quick Googling showed historic low approval was in 1952, not 1946.

ETA: Unless it is timed to some benchmark, as graph above indicates. it's still confusing. Internet headlines are written differently than print headlines for search-engine optimization, which may be the reason for the "as Russia scandal swirls" - but to me it seems superfluous. IMO it's not Russia but the culture of lies that flourishes in Trump's inner circle.

Last edited by Minoosh; 16th July 2017 at 01:33 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 01:46 PM   #160
logger
Suspended

You are incorrect so don't expect me to believe it with a straight face.

Let's read the following together because Trump Jr. was clearly soliciting information that he knew was coming from a foreign source.

Which goes to show that you what you have claimed is false! Look what he has done to Trump Sr.
Lol
Thing of value? Who determines that this non information has value. He was quite vague in these emails, it's clear he was interested in what she had to say. He didn't even know her name. You've got nothing.

The statute you are referring to doesn't have the broad terms your side would like to pin on it. You've simply got nothing. Trump is going to survive, he's going to continue to clean out the deep state, he's going to continue policies i and the right agree with and he's going to continue to appoint judges who are from the right.

You and other leftists have nothing.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics