ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez , democratic party

Closed Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 07:46 AM   #441
Cabbage
Master Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Somehow the subject is always Trump supporters. AOC is trying to pull her party leftward? "But Trump supporters."

Hey, don't blame me: That is the topic xjx388 decided to challenge me on, for some reason. I'm perfectly happy to move it to another thread or drop it entirely.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th February 2020, 07:59 AM   #442
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
If Trump actually wanted corruption investigated, why didn't he turn to the agencies he commands whose job it is to investigate corruption? Why did he place his lawyer in charge, doing something that his own defence team admitted was nothing to do with US policy but was instead an entirely personal errand for Trump? Why did he have fired the ambassador who was actually actively combating corruption? Why was he not concerned (again, according to his own defence team) with any corruption other than the alleged corruption by Hunter Biden? Why (yet again according to his defence team) was he not concerned with Hunter Biden's corruption before Joe Biden started beating him in polls? Why did he try to cover up his actions? Why did he lie about his actions?
Entirely valid point that Trump did not go through the ordinary channels or use the resources he commanded to their most effective use. It is one of my biggest beefs with Trump.

However, his firing of the ambassador was completely justified, and as was already stated, His conversation was well before Biden announced.

As to why he lied. Trump lies about everything, in true politician manner, but he hasn't learned to speak politician yet.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th February 2020, 09:12 AM   #443
xjx388
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Hey, don't blame me: That is the topic xjx388 decided to challenge me on, for some reason. I'm perfectly happy to move it to another thread or drop it entirely.
Let's correct the record, shall we? Who brought "Trump supporters" into the conversation?

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
OK, for the needlessly pedantic: I'm not sure why you find observable facts an attempt at trying to be insulting.

Trump supporters are in denial of reality. I commented on that observation. Even if you think I am merely trying to be insulting, you're coming off to me as being overly sensitive. I am merely reporting the facts.
And yes, I did challenge you on it because I found it to be a common tactic that's pretty dang annoying. We can't talk about anything on this subforum without someone bringing up "Trump supporters," that someone's "facts" about "Trump supporters," and how Poster A is a Trump supporter, blah blah blah.

Stop doing that and maybe we can finally have a productive discussion.
Old 7th February 2020, 09:52 AM   #444
Cabbage
Master Poster

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
Let's correct the record, shall we? Who brought "Trump supporters" into the conversation?
Only because theprestige was denying reality, which I pointed out, and which he then accused me of "trying" to be insulting. I'm not gonna mince words to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

Quote:
And yes, I did challenge you on it because I found it to be a common tactic that's pretty dang annoying. We can't talk about anything on this subforum without someone bringing up "Trump supporters," that someone's "facts" about "Trump supporters," and how Poster A is a Trump supporter, blah blah blah.

Stop doing that and maybe we can finally have a productive discussion.

Not when so many Trump supporters are denying reality, we can't.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th February 2020, 11:44 AM   #445
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningLots of rule 11, 12 and zero breaches. Thread closed until a Mod has time to go through and do the cleanup and suspensions and warnings. As ever don't try to continue the topic in another thread.
Posted By:Darat

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics