ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Holes , IBM , paper Punch Cards , president

Old 8th February 2020, 08:04 AM   #41
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

What is the obsession with punch cards? And birtherism?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2020, 05:24 PM   #42
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
What is the obsession with punch cards? And birtherism?
It is where The Trump Scam began, and he admitted it was a lie!
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2020, 09:37 AM   #43
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
That was over a decade ago. It hasn't been relevant since Obama's first term. Why are you putting so much emphasis on it now?

And what does it have to do with holes?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2020, 04:43 PM   #44
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

That was over a decade ago. It hasn't been relevant since Obama's first term. Why are you putting so much emphasis on it now?

Actually see ,Trump's Statement in 2015 and Jerome Corsi's statement in 2019.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:41 AM   #45
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

We don't have many data points about Trump and Politics (beyond bribery), so we have to take what we are given.
Old 10th February 2020, 03:20 AM   #46
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
We don't have many data points about Trump and Politics (beyond bribery), so we have to take what we are given.
It is one of the few. Time Trump admitted he was a Liar and a racist, and I can Build a sign the points that our using the same Technology that recorded Barrack Obama's Birth in 1961,
Paper Cards with holes punched in them.
Old 10th February 2020, 06:47 AM   #47
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Time Trump
Is Time Trump sort of like Dr. Who?
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 07:09 AM   #48
carlitos
"más divertido"

I imagine Time Trump as featuring those melting clocks from Dali paintings.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 07:35 AM   #49
Cabbage
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Is Time Trump sort of like Dr. Who?

I think it's closer to Dr. WTF.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 08:11 AM   #50
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Well, not exactly.
He admitted that President Obama was born in the US, but he never said his 7-year act (“my investigators in Hawaii are getting very close. They’ve already discovered shocking evidence”) was a lie or was dishonest in any way.

From what I can see President Trump will never, ever, ever, ever admit that he told a lie. I am not a health care professional, so I cannot say what his motivation for never admitting a lie might be. Perhaps, he considers himself infallible. Perhaps he believes that it’ll hurt his popularity. Perhaps concepts like true and false are beyond his comprehension. Perhaps something else. But there is enough evidence to conclude that a guy who would draw a line on a map rather than admit to a mistake would never confess to a lie.
Old 10th February 2020, 02:30 PM   #51
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Well, not exactly.
He admitted that President Obama was born in the US, but he never said his 7-year act (“my investigators in Hawaii are getting very close. They’ve already discovered shocking evidence”) was a lie or was dishonest in any way.

From what I can see President Trump will never, ever, ever, ever admit that he told a lie. I am not a health care professional, so I cannot say what his motivation for never admitting a lie might be. Perhaps, he considers himself infallible. Perhaps he believes that it’ll hurt his popularity. Perhaps concepts like true and false are beyond his comprehension. Perhaps something else. But there is enough evidence to conclude that a guy who would draw a line on a map rather than admit to a mistake would never confess to a lie.
By admitting Barrack Obama's USA birth Trump either admitted he lies or that he was so dumb he couldn't understand how punch cards worked You know holes, and worse it only takes a five minute google search to find out. How IBM punch cards worked.
Old 12th February 2020, 11:14 PM   #52
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
At the prayer breakfast, Trump said that he disagrees with the "love your enemies" notion that the pastor preached minutes before Trump's speech and mocked it. Yes, Trump is mocking Jesus's teachings, but the evangelical Christians still love him.
They aren't Christians. Please stop calling them that.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2020, 11:11 AM   #53
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
I just call them brain dead Zombies then they say it hurts their feelings then I remind them brain dead Zombies don't have feelings.
Old 13th February 2020, 11:17 AM   #54
carlitos
"más divertido"

White evangelicals are the largest bloc of Christians in the USA. You don't get to define the term to exclude them. That's the No True Scotsman fallacy.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2020, 11:53 AM   #55
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Well, not exactly.

The problem is not so much that Trump can't admit he tells a lie, but that he really believes he never told a lie,just like he really thinks he can never make a mistake.
He lives in his own reality.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2020, 12:06 PM   #56
rockysmith76
Muse

And you are?
rockysmith76 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics