ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , Hurricane Matthew , Matt Drudge , natural disasters , rush limbaugh , weather conspiracies

Old 7th October 2016, 08:03 AM   #1
carlitos
"más divertido"

Hurricane Matthew Truthers

The usual suspects are questioning "the media" and their role in feeding us information on the hurricane.

Media Matters Link Media Matters is not my favorite and maybe this was written early yesterday, but the death toll in Haiti alone is over 300.

Quote:
As millions evacuate the east coast of Florida in preparation for Hurricane Matthew, which has already been responsible for more than 113 deaths across the Caribbean, the curator of the most widely read conservative website, Matt Drudge, irresponsibly peddled a conspiracy theory that federal officials have exaggerated the danger posed by Hurricane Matthew “to make exaggerated point on climate.”

On October 6, Drudge claimed “the deplorables” were wondering if the government was lying about the intensity of the deadly hurricane and also questioned the legitimacy of the National Hurricane Center’s data:

Quote:
MATT DRUDGE ✔@DRUDGE
The deplorables are starting to wonder if govt has been lying to them about Hurricane Matthew intensity to make exaggerated point on climate
3:01 PM - 6 Oct 2016
1,596 1,596 Retweets 2,143 2,143 likes

Follow

MATT DRUDGEVerified account
‏@DRUDGE
Hurricane Center has monopoly on data. No way of verifying claims. Nassau ground observations DID NOT match statements! 165mph gusts? WHERE?

The always reasonable Alex Jones reminds us that this is why "they" "want to eradicate free speech," to monopolize the global warming narrative.

Quote:
Alex Jones ‏@RealAlexJones 19h19 hours ago
Alex Jones Retweeted MATT DRUDGE
.@DRUDGE This is exactly why they want to eradicate free speech... so you can't question official #globalwarming narrative. #altright #Trump

And Limbaugh, also from media matters--direct links to tapes of his show are in the article linked above:

Quote:
Limbaugh: "The National Hurricane Center Is Part Of The National Weather Service, Which Is Part Of The Commerce Department, Which Is Part Of The Obama Administration, Which By Definition Has Been Tainted Just Like The DOJ"

Rush Limbaugh On Hurricane Matthew: “There’s Politics In The Forecasting Of Hurricanes Because There Are Votes”
I'm not sure what to think of this. The outrage machine must be fed outrage, I guess. But hey, creating fear, uncertainty and doubt around how serious the government is about hurricane forecasting - what could go wrong?

Last edited by carlitos; 7th October 2016 at 08:11 AM. Reason: first draft wasn't good enough!
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 12:25 PM   #2
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

That the Governor of Florida who issued the warnings is a Republican seems to have passed them by......
I am sure that the NWO actually caused the Hurricane, hiring the Weather Wizard to do it,is next.....

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 7th October 2016 at 12:26 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 12:49 PM   #3
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Well I would suggest that any truthers doubting the veracity of Hurricane Matthew can just head on down to Florida for the party.

Weather forecasters and the people responsible for public safety are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 12:54 PM   #4
Hans
Philosopher

Well at least they didn't say it was imaginary.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 02:28 PM   #5
Axxman300
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Well at least they didn't say it was imaginary.
How do we know? Are you in Florida?

All I see is a red blob on the TV weatherman's map. Obviously this is a false flag operation to throw the Florida vote into chaos and give Hitlery the White House...AND cover the massive UFO landing to off-load the reptilian shock army in secret, and move them to staging areas set up by FEMA to double as concentration camps in the near future.

Wake up sheeple...

(How'd I do? Bubba has yet to comment)
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 02:49 PM   #6
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Perhaps he went out to fly a kite??????

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 02:53 PM   #7
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I seem to recall that the governor of North Carolina called for disaster relief and evacuation. How conservative do you have to be before the utterly insane nut brigade consider you conservative enough?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 03:12 PM   #8
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And the Governor of South Carolina, another Republican, is also in on the plot.......

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 03:37 PM   #9
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
Well I would suggest that any truthers doubting the veracity of Hurricane Matthew can just head on down to Florida for the party.
Not a party, but there really should be a Drudge follower patrol set up. They really need to be down on beachfront to get the scoop on what they are really up to. About a quarter million Drudge/Jones/Trump supporters lining the ocean front should do it. Get right down there, right at the water's edge and stay there for the duration. I bet they could keep the NWO from carrying out whatever eveel plans they really wanted everyone gone for.

Quote:
Weather forecasters and the people responsible for public safety are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Well, yeah, obviously. If people don't evacuate and die it's part of the eveel depopulation progeam.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 04:02 PM   #10
Mark6
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I'm not sure what to think of this. The outrage machine must be fed outrage, I guess. But hey, creating fear, uncertainty and doubt around how serious the government is about hurricane forecasting - what could go wrong?
Idiots will refuse to evacuate. A few less idiots as a result. I don't see a problem.
Old 7th October 2016, 06:24 PM   #11
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Not a party, but there really should be a Drudge follower patrol set up. They really need to be down on beachfront to get the scoop on what they are really up to. About a quarter million Drudge/Jones/Trump supporters lining the ocean front should do it. Get right down there, right at the water's edge and stay there for the duration. I bet they could keep the NWO from carrying out whatever eveel plans they really wanted everyone gone for.

Well, yeah, obviously. If people don't evacuate and die it's part of the eveel depopulation progeam.
I would pay to watch that!!!!!!!

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2016, 08:21 PM   #12
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

At a goodly distance on television!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 9th October 2016, 10:01 PM   #13
ArmillarySphere
Muse

You're all assuming that Florida actually exists! Wake up, steeple!
ArmillarySphere is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories