ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , charlie sheen , david lynch , jimmy walter , Ron Bruder

Old 19th March 2012, 01:53 PM   #41
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Yes, great story, Chris!

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
Thinking about this way makes me wonder if failing in their fund-raising is the issue to them that it seems to be to us. We look at it as a failure of their logic to convince people. I'm not sure a faith-based group sees it this way. I'm almost wondering if they see it as a failure of their message to give meaning to people's lives. There is a subtle difference - or at least I mean there to be one. The failure of logic implies that the problem is a flaw in their facts or their argument structure. The failure to deliver meaning implies that the problem lies in their rhetoric rather than the factual nature of their message. As a result, changing the facts or the logic is not what you need to make your message more suitable to a wider audience. Instead, you need to adjust the language of the message.

Or at least something like this. Maybe you can help me refine this.
I'm not sure if Truth gives their lives meaning. Perhaps in a muddled way. But you make a good point. Da Truth is not about substance, but, since it is internet-based, it is largely about style. If one fundraiser fails, the message just gets repackaged in a different way. Yes, they don't see a problem with their message, but in its packaging.
Old 19th March 2012, 02:13 PM   #42
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Hey, didn't some of the Truther movement leaders have an "ecumenical" movement a few months back where they were trying to get common ground with a set of points?

Whatever became of that, anyway?
Old 19th March 2012, 02:34 PM   #43
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Hey, didn't some of the Truther movement leaders have an "ecumenical" movement a few months back where they were trying to get common ground with a set of points?

Whatever became of that, anyway?
I think you might be talking about this.

http://www.consensus911.org/
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=224483

Short story, Nothing has happened.

Long story, They spent a long time and...................nothing has happened.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2012, 08:14 PM   #44
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I think you might be talking about this.

http://www.consensus911.org/
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=224483

Short story, Nothing has happened.

Long story, They spent a long time and...................nothing has happened.

They seemed to get lost with "Highest Common Factor" difficulties...

....or is it "Lowest Common Multiple"????
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories