ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones

Old 12th October 2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Inside Alex Jones' mind

As the 2016 campaign draws to a close, it's interesting to see the complete mental collapse of Alex Jones, who has surely got more paranoid and hysterical as time has gone on, which has culminated in him crying on the airwaves and putting out the idea that Obama and Hillary are literally demons.

Watching his bizarre behaviour over the years has led me to question: Is Jones actually severely mentally unwell and has been for some time? If you knew him outside the context of a radio/rb show wouldn't you think he was?

Perhaps this guy needs sympathy more than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12th October 2016, 02:48 PM   #2
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
As the 2016 campaign draws to a close, it's interesting to see the complete mental collapse of Alex Jones, who has surely got more paranoid and hysterical as time has gone on, which has culminated in him crying on the airwaves and putting out the idea that Obama and Hillary are literally demons.

Watching his bizarre behaviour over the years has led me to question: Is Jones actually severely mentally unwell and has been for some time? If you knew him outside the context of a radio/rb show wouldn't you think he was?

Does he not realize that if they both were demons he would be being burned in hell already?

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 02:50 PM   #3
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Which I think is a wonderful idea!!! Him burning that is!!!!! Along with the idiots, incompetants and ****-eating toadies that worship his butt!!!!! And feast from what it delivers unto them!!!!

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 05:58 PM   #4
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

What the heck does "Actioned" mean?
Old 12th October 2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Just what I was thinking.
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 07:00 PM   #6
RandyK47
Scholar

Actually instead of Actioned? Still doesn't make a lot of sense but more than "actioned".

That said I have always wondered what is the difference, if there is any, between Alex Jones the "journalist" and the person Alex Jones. That kind of intensity would be hard to maintain not to mention exhausting for him and anybody around him. Can't imagine having say a conversation about a sport with him.

Last edited by RandyK47; 12th October 2016 at 07:02 PM.
RandyK47 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 08:23 PM   #7
Hans
Philosopher

The problem is that a person who makes his living proclaiming immediate disaster on a daily basis is he runs out of things to scream about when disaster doesn't strike.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 08:59 PM   #8
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
I came to this thread looking for some action.

Disavow any knowledge of my twitter here.
gerdbonk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 09:04 PM   #9
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

"Actioned" is an internal title mods use to indicate that a report has been dealt with. It can show up outside the mod area when a moderator loses situational awareness and calls a thread "actioned" when he/she meant to call the internal report about the thread "actioned."

It can also occur with an accidental mouse click when trying to select something like "Split Thread" or "Merged."

And now I hope we can return to the discussion.

L. Leader

Last edited by Loss Leader; 12th October 2016 at 09:08 PM.
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 10:03 PM   #10
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Which I think is a wonderful idea!!! Him burning that is!!!!! Along with the idiots, incompetants and ****-eating toadies that worship his butt!!!!! And feast from what it delivers unto them!!!!
Please stop saying what I want to say before I say it.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 10:57 PM   #11
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Please stop saying what I want to say before I say it.
Sorry but I'm 70 and have had lots of practice at it!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 13th October 2016, 12:06 AM   #12
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Here's how to deal with Alex Jones:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Go to about 9.30 if you can't stomach the whole thing.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 01:02 AM   #13
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Inside Alex Jones' mind :

a foul and pestilent place blessed with the fetid stench of old urine and feces and death..............................

Wash this space!

Last edited by fuelair; 13th October 2016 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Changed foul to fetid!!!!!
Old 13th October 2016, 02:00 AM   #14
Degeneve
Muse

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Here's how to deal with Alex Jones:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Go to about 9.30 if you can't stomach the whole thing.
I have jumped to the 9.30 but in fact I can't understand why the BBC bothered to waste time with this guy.
Degeneve is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 02:27 AM   #15
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
... I can't understand why the BBC bothered to waste time with this guy.
It really was a bad idea. I imagine they thought he'd be light entertainment but it just turned into pigeon chess.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 06:51 AM   #16
Myron Proudfoot
Master Poster

I read somewhere that Jones used to perform "exorcisms" as a kid. I have not been able to find the reference because searching for "Alex Jones" and "exorcism" gets you hundreds of hits on sites from Infowars on down.
Old 13th October 2016, 07:17 AM   #17
Belz...
Fiend God

Quote:
Inside Alex Jones' mind
It's probably non-Euclidean in there.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 08:10 AM   #18
rambaldi
Thinker

who has surely got more paranoid and hysterical as time has gone on
Selling conspiracies is like creating dinosaurs.. you have to be bigger louder and wackier with each new version

Welcome to Jurassic World...
rambaldi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 08:23 AM   #19
Marcus
Master Poster

I do miss his radio show, but just a little. I had a routine, I would listen until the serious screaming started and then turn it off. So 10, maybe 20 minutes.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 09:18 AM   #20
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
"HELLO!"
"Hello"
"hello"
"...lo"
: ....o"
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 11:41 AM   #21
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Gonna have to give you a big fat no on that.

Wollen owns the stage

Last edited by trustbutverify; 13th October 2016 at 11:42 AM.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 12:06 PM   #22
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

I once called into his local cable access show back in the 90s, when he was just an Austin, TX based anti-government pundit. I wanted to discuss recent revelations that the Thai government was complicit in the sexual slavery of minors, and to suggest that maybe people who cared should boycott Thai products (if any).

He changed the subject to how the US was enslaving its own people, FEMA camps, blah blah blacccch. I haven't taken him seriously since that time.

I vacillate between thinking he is mentally ill and thinking it's all an act to generate income. Maybe somewhere in between lies the truth.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 03:14 PM   #23
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Talking

I just had to post this:

Also The Offical Alex Jones Thread for all your Alex Jones needs!

I still think he's a Con-artist and I'm sticking to it. He's a real "stage actor", if you ask me!

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 03:49 PM   #24
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Like Rush Limbaugh- feeding off the mentally ill/insane who will send him money and do his bidding.

Wash this space!

Old 13th October 2016, 03:53 PM   #25
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

Ann Coulter, too. She's obviously spouting off baloney no clear-thinking person could possibly believe.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 03:55 PM   #26
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Like Rush Limbaugh- feeding off the mentally ill/insane who will send him money and do his bidding.

Or, as they are known as trumpees: the deplorables!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 13th October 2016, 03:57 PM   #27
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Ann Coulter, too. She's obviously spouting off baloney no clear-thinking person could possibly believe.
And she is clearly doing it for the lulz!!!!!! And the fundage, of course.

Wash this space!

Old 13th October 2016, 04:00 PM   #28
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

By which I mean, she doesn't rant and rave like the ******* twins, she mostly sounds rational as she speaks, but if you listen to the words not so much really.

Wash this space!

Old 13th October 2016, 04:01 PM   #29
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
We have a few members on this site that also have this weird hobby.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 04:01 PM   #30
Marcus
Master Poster

Rush appeals to conservatives, Alex to conspiracy wackos, not the same thing at all.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2016, 05:23 PM   #31
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Rush appeals to conservatives, Alex to conspiracy wackos, not the same thing at all.
Actually, I find both of them, and their audiences, strangely similar.

Wollen owns the stage
Old 13th October 2016, 06:32 PM   #32
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Rush may not be as insane, but I really see minimal difference between them.

And even if your distinction was/is correct they are still both raging ******* biters.

Wash this space!

Old 13th October 2016, 06:34 PM   #33
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Like Glenn Beck, its all an act designed to get him very rich, even at the expense of making him look like a fool
Old 13th October 2016, 06:59 PM   #34
Marcus
Master Poster

Rush may not be as insane, but I really see minimal difference between them.

And even if your distinction was/is correct they are still both raging ******* biters.
Conspiracy wackos are a bit different, they're not restricted to a particular political party.

Also, Alex Jones has a much narrower base, in his wildest wet dreams, he couldn't imagine getting even a fraction of Rush's ratings (or his income).

I am intrigued by the notion that Alex's entire act is fake, driven only by ratings rather than ideology. I really don't know the answer.
Old 13th October 2016, 07:09 PM   #35
Axxman300
Illuminator

With my background as a former CTer, and extensive knowledge of woo, sometimes I think I should buy a camera, and some movie software, and start a CT/Paranormal podcast.

I could clean up by feeding the fringe BS.

My problem is the ethics behind knowingly lying to impressionable people is so evil that I could never do it.

...for now anyway...
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 05:26 AM   #36
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I am intrigued by the notion that Alex's entire act is fake, driven only by ratings rather than ideology. I really don't know the answer.

Well, we'll have an interesting test case if Trump actually (somehow) wins the election, since AJ is essentially endorsing him for President right now.

But I'd be willing to bet large amounts of money that AJ would be demonizing Trump within months of the elections, in terms indistinguishable from how he's spent the last 16 years talking about Bush and Obama.
Old 14th October 2016, 06:49 AM   #37
Marcus
Master Poster

No doubt he's cooking up a conspiracy theory to explain how Hillary stole the election, if he hasn't done so already.
Old 14th October 2016, 06:57 AM   #38
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

No doubt he's cooking up a conspiracy theory to explain how Hillary stole the election, if he hasn't done so already.

Yeah, as I mentioned on Facebook, all this work AJ is doing to set up the next 4 to 8 years of Clinton CTs is really telling: it means even AJ thinks Clinton will win the election.
Old 14th October 2016, 06:58 AM   #39
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Full of the many-angled ones, who lurk at the bottom of the Mandelbrot set...

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 07:08 AM   #40
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Full of the many-angled ones, who lurk at the bottom of the Mandelbrot set...

Dave
Jones has dreamt of R'lyeh once too many times.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories