ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 08:02 AM   #2321
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

“Democrats would rather talk about gun control than get something done.” Governor John Sununu @FoxNews @BillHemmer The big questions are, will they “move the goalposts” and, is this just a ploy to TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY? I hope NOT on both counts, but I’ll be able to figure it out!

They failed on the Mueller Report, they failed on Robert Mueller’s testimony, they failed on everything else, so now the Democrats are trying to build a case that I enrich myself by being President. Good idea, except I will, and have always expected to, lose BILLIONS of DOLLARS..

....for the privilege of being your President - and doing the best job that has been done in many decades. I am far beyond somebody paying for a hotel room for the evening, or filling up a gas tank at an airport I do not own. These Radical Left Democrats are CRAZY! Obama Netflix and chill?
The truth comes out!

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; Today at 08:27 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #2322
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
The reason why I see zero issue with hitting Trump with the full force of the Law after his term(s) is because he isn't a member of any political party - he wasn't before he got nominated, he won't be once out of office.
I agree and both disagree..

I agree that Trump should be prosecuted. But I think you're wrong about Trump not being a "member of any political party".

While he may not have been a lifelong republican, he: 1) Ran as a member of the GOP in 2016, 2) has worked to have conservative judges placed on the bench, 3) was involved in both tax cuts for the rich, and the gutting of Obamacare, policies that the republicans favor, 4) has attacked the LGBTQ community, 5) is racist, 6) puts on a veneer of patriotism while actually undermining the U.S. 7) continues to have a strong majority support among the Republican party.

So what about that says "not a Republican"?

Granted, Trump is mostly a self-serving scumbag hoping to benefit himself at the expense of the country, but again, that doesn't really differentiate him from the rest of the republicans.

The reason Trump should be prosecuted is simply because justice demands it. And strong political ties should not be a reason to prevent justice from being served.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:46 AM   #2323
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
The reason Trump should be prosecuted is simply because justice demands it. And strong political ties should not be a reason to prevent justice from being served.
Yea but by that logic W should have been prosecuted for the war crimes carried out on his orders. Republicans are immune to justice.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:50 AM   #2324
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Yea but by that logic W should have been prosecuted for the war crimes carried out on his orders. Republicans are immune to justice.
Same weak BS was trotted out back then.

"We want to look forward, not behind", or "it is too divisive to the nation" and other platitudes.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #2325
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Same weak BS was trotted out back then.

"We want to look forward, not behind", or "it is too divisive to the nation" and other platitudes.
"How can we imprison our boys for only following orders!"
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #2326
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
the Cult of Trump is much less a sign of how much The Right loves Trump and much more proof of how much it hates the GOP leadership.
Traditional Republicans won't shed a tear for Trump and would rejoice if he takes McConnell down with him.
I think it simply proves there's a large racist population in this country that have been emboldened by Trump.
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #2327
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I think it simply proves there's a large racist population in this country that have been emboldened by Trump.
That is blindingly obvious. I think in the longer term it will be good for your country that this level of racism has been exposed.
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #2328
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweet for everything

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· Aug 31, 2014
Saudi Arabia should fight their own wars, which they won't, or pay us an absolute fortune to protect them and their great wealth-$ trillion!
Mmm, in the great picture, I have to say I agree with him on this. We may have to protect nasty dictatorships because they have something we need (e.g. oil), but at least we should make them pay through their noses for it.

Hans
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #2329
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Mmm, in the great picture, I have to say I agree with him on this. We may have to protect nasty dictatorships because they have something we need (e.g. oil), but at least we should make them pay through their noses for it.
America the whore, willing to service any customer who can pay?
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #2330
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post

Hans
A nasty dictatorship that's the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world and is also currently engaging in an actual genocide.
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #2331
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
I know the feeling. I didn't think it possible but Bush2 made we wistful
for Republicans of yore such as Bush1 and Bob Dole. It's weird now finding
myself wistful for Bush2.

But gives me a stomach ache at the thought of what they may run in 2032.

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
That is blindingly obvious. I think in the longer term it will be good for your
country that this level of racism has been exposed.

Maybe not.

A growing party of racism with billions of dollars backing it worries me.
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #2332
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Obama Netflix and chill?
Wait, what? Did he tweet that? What the heck does it even mean?

OK, Googled. Apparently Obama has some sort of Netflix deal and Trump thinks it should be investigated, because black man bad.

ETA: and it was like a year and a half ago.

Last edited by Trebuchet; Today at 12:02 PM.
Trebuchet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #2333
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Big crowd expected in New Mexico tonight, where we will WIN. Your Border Wall is getting stronger each and every day — see you in a few hours!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #2334
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

OK, Googled. Apparently Obama has some sort of Netflix deal and Trump thinks it should be investigated, because black man bad.

I apologize, I should have made it much more clear that I was making a joke. The joke was that Trump is really being mean to Obama because he wants to be with him romantically. Which I wouldn't blame him for, Obama's a good looking guy.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:49 PM   #2335
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

But imagine if Obama gets better ratings as a TV star than Trump did? That will really cause him to flip out.
Old Today, 01:34 PM   #2336
plague311
Great minds think...

Manhattan DA wants 8 years of Trump tax returns:

Quote:
It isn't clear what deadline Mazars USA has to comply with the grand jury subpoena. A Mazars representative could not immediately be reached for comment.

Any material obtained by a grand jury subpoena is covered by grand jury secrecy rules and would likely become public only if it were used as evidence at a trial.
I wonder how many people are getting subpoenas for Trump's tax returns only to never see them. I firmly believe more people have seen Bigfoot than Trump's tax returns.

Old Today, 01:44 PM   #2337
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Manhattan DA wants 8 years of Trump tax returns:

I wonder how many people are getting subpoenas for Trump's tax returns only to never see them. I firmly believe more people have seen Bigfoot than Trump's tax returns.
The good thing is, this is at a different level of government... It might make it harder for Trump to stonewall the request.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #2338
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I firmly believe more people have seen Bigfoot than Trump's tax returns.
Bigfoot actually prepares Trump's tax returns.
Old Today, 02:15 PM   #2339
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Bigfoot actually prepares Trump's tax returns.
Did he finally get his CPA? I thought him working on it was a myth...

Old Today, 02:34 PM   #2340
plague311
Great minds think...

Mariano Rivera, for some reason, got the Presidential Medal of Freedom for, I'm assuming,:

Quote:
cultural or other significant public or private endeavors
What a weird honor to give out from a President? I love Mariano, make no mistake, I'm a lifelong Yanks fan, but doesn't this seem like something everyone in the Hall of Fame for their respective sports should get?

Anyway, go Mo!

Old Today, 03:59 PM   #2341
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Mariano Rivera, for some reason, got the Presidential Medal of Freedom for, I'm assuming,:

What a weird honor to give out from a President? I love Mariano, make no mistake, I'm a lifelong Yanks fan, but doesn't this seem like something everyone in the Hall of Fame for their respective sports should get?

Anyway, go Mo!
Obama gave the same award to a dozen athletes, but he gave it many more times to non-athletes and Trump is on track to pass a dozen if he is reelected.

(Source: Washington Post article I skimmed.)
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:28 PM   #2342
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“How many stories are wrong? Almost all of the stories the New York Times has done are inaccurate and wrong.” @greggutfeld The New York Times should close its doors and throw away the keys. The women mentioned in the Kavanaugh story said she didn’t even remember the event.

I call for the Resignation of everybody at The New York Times involved in the Kavanaugh SMEAR story, and while you’re at it, the Russian Witch Hunt Hoax, which is just as phony! They’ve taken the Old Grey Lady and broken her down, destroyed her virtue and ruined her reputation...

...She can never recover, and will never return to Greatness, under current Management. The Times is DEAD, long live The New York Times!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:06 PM   #2343
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

“How many stories are wrong? Almost all of the stories the New York Times has done are inaccurate and wrong.” @greggutfeld The New York Times should close its doors and throw away the keys. The women mentioned in the Kavanaugh story said she didn’t even remember the event.

I call for the Resignation of everybody at The New York Times involved in the Kavanaugh SMEAR story, and while you’re at it, the Russian Witch Hunt Hoax, which is just as phony! They’ve taken the Old Grey Lady and broken her down, destroyed her virtue and ruined her reputation...

...She can never recover, and will never return to Greatness, under current Management. The Times is DEAD, long live The New York Times!
Cut-and-paste of some numpty suck-up most people have never heard of at Fox News.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:54 PM   #2344
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Anyway, go Mo!
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Obama gave the same award to a dozen athletes, but he gave it many more times to non-athletes and Trump is on track to pass a dozen if he is reelected.

(Source: Washington Post article I skimmed.)
Rivera has that one all-important attribute.... he's a Trumpista. He's also got assorted features that I'm sure Trump loves (or Jared and Ivanka love). He's an pro-Zionism Israel fanboy, no doubt from his Pentecostal background. He's also apparently a serial philanderer. He co-founded a PAC with Trump!

Y'all know the rules... buddies of Teh Donald get arbitrary awards, pardons, jobs, promotions, plugs on the White House Twitter account (a.k.a. The Shopping Channel for High Rollers).

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics