ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th October 2019, 06:56 AM   #1
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

[Accurate Conspiracy Website]

I found this accurate conspiracy website online

https://www.wanttoknow.info

Tell me if it's accurate. Hope it helps you all in your endeavors

Quote:
Bio : This website provides a concise, reliable introduction to vital information of which few are aware. We specialize in providing fact-filled news articles and concise summaries of major cover-ups and corruption which impact our lives and world. All information is taken from the most reliable sources available and can be verified using the links provided. Sources are always noted, with links direct to the information source provided when possible.

Last edited by ShortHaxYT; 5th October 2019 at 07:59 AM.
ShortHaxYT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 07:10 AM   #2
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

I suspect this may have been where we were heading all along.
Old 5th October 2019, 07:16 AM   #3
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by ShortHaxYT View Post
Tell me if it's accurate.
Looks like mostly paranoid bullcrap to me.
Old 5th October 2019, 07:19 AM   #4
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Looks like mostly paranoid bullcrap to me.
Did you read the About Us page?
https://www.wanttoknow.info/aboutus
ShortHaxYT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 07:21 AM   #5
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
I suspect this may have been where we were heading all along.
Nah. Still just 'Im a regular poster posting stuff' window dressing. Haven't gotten to the money shot yet
Old 5th October 2019, 07:33 AM   #6
eerok
Quixoticist

That page makes no difference. Anti-GMO hysteria, government-sponsored mind control, UFO coverups, 9/11 Truth. That's paranoid bullcrap IMO. Conspiracism is a disorder, and anyone can have it.
Old 5th October 2019, 07:35 AM   #7
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Nah. Still just 'Im a regular poster posting stuff' window dressing. Haven't gotten to the money shot yet
I think one of the other created threads (that currently has no replies) might be a big clue.
Old 5th October 2019, 07:35 AM   #8
catsmate
No longer the 1

It's complete and utter rubbish, suitable only for the pathetically gullible and stupid.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 07:38 AM   #9
catsmate
No longer the 1

What a collection of kooks, nutters and idiots.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 07:41 AM   #10
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
What a collection of kooks, nutters and idiots.
Thanks for the vote of confidence
Old 5th October 2019, 07:46 AM   #11
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

Yes, some people with PHDs also believe crazy, stupid things. Film at 11!
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 08:18 AM   #12
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Took me less than a minute to find an outright lie without even having to leave the home page.
Government documents released through the Freedom of Information Act show top Pentagon generals once approved plans to foment terrorism and kill innocent civilians in major US cities.
Among other problems with the claim, no friendly deaths were contemplated in Operation Northwoods. This is clear from a careful reading of the document, but conspiracists never read carefully when doing so would force them to question their beliefs.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 09:38 AM   #13
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Took me less than a minute to find an outright lie without even having to leave the home page.
Government documents released through the Freedom of Information Act show top Pentagon generals once approved plans to foment terrorism and kill innocent civilians in major US cities.
Among other problems with the claim, no friendly deaths were contemplated in Operation Northwoods. This is clear from a careful reading of the document, but conspiracists never read carefully when doing so would force them to question their beliefs.
Yeah, that was the first lie I spotted too. I don't think it's worth reading any further; for a website that claims to offer accurate information not to be able even to construct a set of headline bullet points without screwing up, is indicative of at best a failure to live up to the standards it claims for itself. I see it references the usual 9/11 crap too, via the usual gateway drug of JAQing off. Overall, it's worth less of my time than I've already spent on it.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 10:08 AM   #14
Venom
Illuminator

It regurgitates the same 9/11 conspiracy theory talking points and fraud "experts".
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 10:14 AM   #15
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks for the vote of confidence
Let me add my welcome to those you've already received.

I think you're reaching the point of diminishing returns, in terms of starting new threads. Take some time to discuss the topics you've already started and gotten responses to.

Also, take some time to participate in topics that other people have started. Try to limit yourself to one new rant thread a week. One a day is a bit much.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 10:23 AM   #16
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

I think you're reaching the point of diminishing returns, in terms of starting new threads. Take some time to discuss the topics you've already started and gotten responses to.

Also, take some time to participate in topics that other people have started. Try to limit yourself to one new rant thread a week. One a day is a bit much.
While we're giving suggestions, it's not necessary to surround your thread titles with special characters just to make them "stand out" more. It's not against the Forum rules but it is rather bad form.
Old 5th October 2019, 10:54 AM   #17
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Try new improved Woo-In™. Use it daily and it'll transform your thread topics from friendly banter to political extremism in just one week. But so gradually, no one will notice!
Old 5th October 2019, 11:42 AM   #18
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

<link intentionally removed>

It is a steaming pile of bovine feces.

That is all.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 04:24 PM   #19
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
It is a steaming pile of bovine feces.

That is all.
INDEED!
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 05:50 PM   #20
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Worse the link supplied does not support what was written.
Old 5th October 2019, 07:04 PM   #21
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

Looks like the website has been confirmed as alien scum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 6th October 2019, 01:31 AM   #22
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Looks like the website has been confirmed as alien scum.
Well that didn't take long.
ShortHaxYT, you asked people here to tell you if this site was accurate.
People obligingly stepped up, looked at the site, and found it to be absolute rubbish. (I include myself in that number. 'Missing trillions', 'The US fomented radical Islam', 'media coverups' and the like. Bilge).
The least you could do is thank us for our efforts. Your question was answered. Why aren't you happy? You got the result you wanted.
No need at all to fly off the handle like that.
Old 6th October 2019, 02:09 AM   #23
p0lka
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
People obligingly stepped up, looked at the site, and found it to be absolute rubbish. (I include myself in that number. 'Missing trillions', 'The US fomented radical Islam', 'media coverups' and the like. Bilge).
The least you could do is thank us for our efforts. Your question was answered. Why aren't you happy? You got the result you wanted.

I could be wrong, but I think when they said the 'website was alien scum' they were referring to the one in the link, not the ISF.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 04:10 AM   #24
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
I could be wrong, but I think when they said the 'website was alien scum' they were referring to the one in the link, not the ISF.
That is the way I read it too.
Old 6th October 2019, 04:31 AM   #25
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
That is the way I read it too.
Yes, I know.
My point was that. rather than accepting our criticisms, the OP has flown into a hissy fit and posted an exagerated strawman of what was said.
No-one here has described the CT site as 'alien scum'- this is the OP being sulky.
Old 6th October 2019, 08:00 AM   #26
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

In the quote about the website being alien scum I did not mean ISF. The phrase was merely a joke to symbolize the conspiracies as "out-of-date." I didn't think you would think of it as me being sulky and exaggerating the OP. It was purely me make a hyperbolic joke
In all honesty,

I truly appreciate everyone’s efforts and commitments to to debunking my thread.

Last edited by ShortHaxYT; 6th October 2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 6th October 2019, 08:49 AM   #27
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Yeah, I also thought (and continue to think) the OP was written tongue in cheek.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 11:24 AM   #28
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

In the quote about the website being alien scum I did not mean ISF. The phrase was merely a joke to symbolize the conspiracies as "out-of-date." I didn't think you would think of it as me being sulky and exaggerating the OP. It was purely me make a hyperbolic joke
In all honesty,

I truly appreciate everyone’s efforts and commitments to to debunking my thread.
To repeat my earlier clarification, I never said you were referring to the ISF as alien scum.
I did not read your post as tongue-in-cheek, probably as a result of seeing so many similar posts by CT-loving posters here over the years.
No insult intended, and apologies for not getting the joke.
The conspiracies are not 'out-of-date' though: ******** is an enduring quality. The site (wanttoknow, not ISF) is full of it.
Old 6th October 2019, 01:19 PM   #29
Worm
Master Poster

It's a load of rubbish, some of it harmless conspiracy fluff, some of it downright dangerous. Nobody should go anywhere near it, and some of it should be taken down if the author had any sense of decency.

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 01:46 PM   #30
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

This.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:08 PM   #31
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I scanned the "9/11 Facts Summary - 10-Page Summary of 9/11 Facts From Major Media" and found
  • it is prepared by Paul Thompson - 9/11 Truther, creator and manager of the 9/11 Timeline
  • it focusses on percieved holes and differing opinions
  • but never points to an alternative narrative
  • confirms that Al Qaida perpetrated 9/11
It is thus vaguely wooish, it's details are not outright wrong, but highly selective and extremely biased - and yet fails to support any 9/11 Conspiracy Theory
Old 6th October 2019, 03:24 PM   #32
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Quote:
As of Oct 6, 2019, we're $13,300 in the red.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 03:48 PM   #33
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

To repeat my earlier clarification, I never said you were referring to the ISF as alien scum.

I did not read your post as tongue-in-cheek, probably as a result of seeing so many similar posts by CT-loving posters here over the years.

No insult intended, and apologies for not getting the joke.

The conspiracies are not 'out-of-date' though: ******** is an enduring quality. The site (wanttoknow, not ISF) is full of it.

No worries. Looks like ISF blanked the word you put after though...
******* is an enduring quality. Can I know what was there so I can understand what you said?

Old 6th October 2019, 04:29 PM   #34
p0lka
Graduate Poster

******* is an enduring quality. Can I know what was there so I can understand what you said?

They said ******** not *******
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 05:12 PM   #35
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I scanned the "9/11 Facts Summary - 10-Page Summary of 9/11 Facts From Major Media" and found
  • it is prepared by Paul Thompson - 9/11 Truther, creator and manager of the 9/11 Timeline
  • it focusses on percieved holes and differing opinions
  • but never points to an alternative narrative
  • confirms that Al Qaida perpetrated 9/11
It is thus vaguely wooish, it's details are not outright wrong, but highly selective and extremely biased - and yet fails to support any 9/11 Conspiracy Theory
Look at their brief synopsis of the "top resources" for 9-11. The give David Ray Grifter's book, Omissions and Distortions, 9.5 out of 10 for accuracy.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 05:53 PM   #36
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Look at their brief synopsis of the "top resources" for 9-11. The give David Ray Grifter's book, Omissions and Distortions, 9.5 out of 10 for accuracy.

Looks like we have someone distinct from the others.
Can we get a unanimous opinion?

Old 6th October 2019, 10:47 PM   #37
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

It's a crackpot site. David Ray Grifter is a charlatan.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 01:51 AM   #38
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

'Bovine excrement', phrased in a more direct manner, was what was blanked out.
Old 7th October 2019, 01:53 AM   #39
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post

You need to read a little more carefully.
Hint: that isn't his real name.
Old 7th October 2019, 04:56 AM   #40
ShortHaxYT
Scholar

Now I see the difference...

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories