ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags internet incidents , internet issues , John Synott , madeleine mccann , manfromatlan , trolling

Old 27th August 2017, 02:28 PM   #321
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
How so? Anyway, this thread was brought up by you, not anyone from "Friends of Amanda". Try to keep things straight, for once. Is Friends of Amanda even a thing anymore? Are you making stuff up (again)?

I find this hard to believe. Given your history, likely another case of reality being distorted for your insano purposes. Got a citation? (lol who am I kidding)

I have seen the twitter posts from the sociopathic trolls that have been discussed in this thread. It's all really self explanatory. Unless you have an agenda and want to protect these people for some strange, unknown () reason.

When did the McCanns say they never read them (or did you just make that up)? Did they read the sociopathic twitter rants in the past and simply stopped, because it's been going on for 10 years now? Either way, it's despicable behavior.

Why would I be disappointed? It's good you keep your online vigilantism behavior to a minimum. Synott would be proud.

Uh, what makes you think they aren't using the funds properly? Are you investigating them? I thought you had no emotional investment in this case and you were just discussing the facts? Weren't they found innocent?

Also, the charity isn't called "Find Maddie". As you've been told numerous times the family never called her Maddie. WTF and why do you keep using pet names for people who have disappeared or have been murdered.

Wait have you objected to the charity? Is that what's going on here? What has your investigation into the McCanns uncovered, Vixen? Have you found any evidence or is this another case of you making up fantasies in your head?

Those questions have been asked, and answered. 10 years on, it's time to stop when they've been found innocent.

There's also nothing stopping people from donating to a charity. Except maybe some vile sociopathic internet trolls who can't let something go after 10 years.

He didn't diagnose anyone in particular, Vixen. Lucky you! He categorized the group behavior as sociopathic, because they exhibited traits of antisocial personality disorder based on their internet behavior. Clear now?

When did he do that? Evidence? Or making up elaborate fantasies again?

It was published here:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...47563217300614

So uh, clearly peer reviewed. Making up a distorted version of reality again, I see. Thanks Vixen.

Having his assistant ask questions to the sociopathic internet trolls to see how they behave in response isn't "trolling", by the way. You know what trolling is? Oh, nevermind....

That's some awesome invective. I am beginning to see what Dr Synnott is on about. You've converted me.

- Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2017, 02:29 PM   #322
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
Approbation. I think you do not know what that word means.
Obviously, a typo. Well spotted!

- Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2017, 09:04 PM   #323
NotEvenWrong
Muse

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
That's some awesome invective. I am beginning to see what Dr Synnott is on about. You've converted me.
Why do you always think people disagreeing with you is "invective"? Isn't it more "invective" to harass the parents of a (likely) murdered child? Shouldn't you be accusing the McCann trolls of invective rather than professional scientists and people trying to defend innocents?

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Obviously, a typo. Well spotted!
A typo is an error in spelling, generally due to hitting the wrong keys by mistake. You used a word that means entirely the opposite of what you intended. Obviously. I think it more likely you had no idea what the word meant, rather than "typo".

Why do you always claim "typo" when you write errant nonsense? I think it's about time you start talking about your Mensa membership. You know, to throw people off the scent of your BS.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2017, 02:32 AM   #324
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

A typo is an error in spelling, generally due to hitting the wrong keys by mistake. You used a word that means entirely the opposite of what you intended. Obviously. I think it more likely you had no idea what the word meant, rather than "typo".

Why do you always claim "typo" when you write errant nonsense? I think it's about time you start talking about your Mensa membership. You know, to throw people off the scent of your BS.

* arrant.

Sorry, but that was too good to miss.
Old 28th August 2017, 04:04 AM   #325
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

* arrant.

Sorry, but that was too good to miss.

They were just demonstrating what a real typo looks like.

Yeah, that's it.

Old 28th August 2017, 05:01 AM   #326
Rolfe

I still think both were malapropisms, but the first one was much worse.
Old 28th August 2017, 06:25 AM   #327
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Why do you always think people disagreeing with you is "invective"? Isn't it more "invective" to harass the parents of a (likely) murdered child? Shouldn't you be accusing the McCann trolls of invective rather than professional scientists and people trying to defend innocents?
This is a person who took offense to the generalization of a standard McCann troll being an overweight housewife, but thinks that trolling the parents of a missing and probably deceased little girl is fine, and also has a habit of making things up to use in her argument.
Edited by kmortis:  Removed to comply with Rule 0

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'

Last edited by kmortis; 29th August 2017 at 08:50 AM.
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2017, 02:15 PM   #328
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

I still think both were malapropisms, but the first one was much worse.

So do I. I guess I wasn't emphatic enough in my attempts to indicate that.

(Being from the other side of the pond the final line may not have carried the same significance for you as it would over here. It is a variation on a catch phrase, "Yeah. That's the ticket.", made famous by the SNL character "Tommy Flanagan, The Pathological Liar", played by two-time Emmy nominee Jon Lovitz.)
Old 28th August 2017, 03:22 PM   #329
Rolfe

I did pick up on the sarcasm (though not the specific reference), I was just being a bit over-literal in my reply.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events