ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags North Korea incidents , Otto Warmbier , US-North Korea relations

Old 29th September 2017, 01:17 AM   #241
mike81
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
How long until Trump starts attacking the ME?
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I feel like he's already started.
I'm sure Trump knows more about this stuff than even the ME's.
mike81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2017, 09:20 AM   #242
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

The existence of a scar on his foot is not disputed.

"The report -- an external examination, not an autopsy -- describes a 4.3-by-1.6-inch scar on Warmbier's right foot. Parents Fred and Cindy Warmbier mentioned this scar during an interview with CNN's Brooke Baldwin on Tuesday, when they broke their three-month silence." CNN
The parents have also discussed this scar in a way that differs from the coroner's report. On the one hand, the parents do not appear to be entirely reliable sources of information. On the other hand, that is a nontrivial scar in my non-expert opinion.

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 29th September 2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added second-to-last sentence
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2017, 03:54 PM   #243
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
"The report -- an external examination, not an autopsy -- describes a 4.3-by-1.6-inch scar on Warmbier's right foot. Parents Fred and Cindy Warmbier mentioned this scar during an interview with CNN's Brooke Baldwin on Tuesday, when they broke their three-month silence." CNN
The parents have also discussed this scar in a way that differs from the coroner's report. On the one hand, the parents do not appear to be entirely reliable sources of information. On the other hand, that is a nontrivial scar in my non-expert opinion.
The parents have no credability and seem to be saying anything just to get air time. This may be a symptom of their trauma. If so I hope they get help. Otherwise they should just shut up and stop lying. They could have retained credability by allowing a autopsy and not talking out their asses.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2017, 04:07 PM   #244
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

How old was the scar?

I don't know what to make of the parents at this point (I agree that they are not a reliable source of information), but that scar is another matter. Otto was an athlete, and if he had that scar before he went to NK, perhaps one of his fellow athletes would have seen it.
Old 29th September 2017, 04:58 PM   #245
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
North Korea just murdered an American citizen. President Trump should not -- and will not -- let this stand. We must go to war ASAP.
You posted this in June. It's the end of September. No war. You're slipping, Cain, or maybe Trump no longer takes your phone calls.
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
But there was no reason in the world for him to be there.
People do stupid stuff all the time. Sometimes, it gets them killed. Such is life.

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
"At least 16 US citizens have been detained in North Korea in the past 10 years, and three have yet to be released.
But this fool and his parents figured "it could never happen to me." I've got a lot of dead friends who believed the same thing (aviation accidents).
As to the Z society. Good CT forum fodder.
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events