ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags facebook

Old 29th June 2020, 07:08 AM   #1
grunion
Philosopher

Facebook Bows To Revenue,Share Price Pressure

After Coca Cola, Unilever and others withdraw all advertising from Facebook and Instagram, at a community meeting on Friday Zuckerberg announced that Facebook now "will hide or block content considered hateful or that could harm voting, with no exception for politicians." I guess all that pablum about not being in the "content" business came home to hit him in the gut now that his advertisers are taking a stand.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fa...ant-2020-06-26
“Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome.”
― Charles Mackay, 1841 - Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds
grunion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:33 PM   #2
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Bbbbbbut...... Free SpeechTM

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 10:16 PM   #3
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
In the USA you can say what you like about the Government and the Government cannot give you any sanction for it. That is free speech. Outside of that people do not have free speech. It is something the ignorant protest about.
Old 29th June 2020, 10:33 PM   #4
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
In the USA you can say what you like about the Government and the Government cannot give you any sanction for it. That is free speech. Outside of that people do not have free speech. It is something the ignorant protest about.
Yes, that was my point, albeit made with a dollop of sarcasm.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 01:15 AM   #5
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Yes, that was my point, albeit made with a dollop of sarcasm.
.... if ya gotta 'splain it.................
Old 30th June 2020, 01:25 AM   #6
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
.... if ya gotta 'splain it.................
What do you mean?

Old 2nd July 2020, 07:13 AM   #7
Random
Illuminator

You have a right to speak. You do not have a right to be listened to.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events