ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags mass shootings , school shootings , shooting incidents

Old 27th June 2020, 07:47 PM   #1881
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Can't argue with you there.

11 shot, four dead? You're right. I didn't even know it had happened.

ETA: And I googled it and couldn't find it. I think I might be misunderstanding of your description.
My apologies, after rereading my post I can understand why it's easily misunderstood. There were two separate events. One in Minneapolis where 11 people were shot at a theater and the other in Charlotte during a Juneteenth celebration where 4 were killed, 5 shot and 4 more were injured by vehicles leaving the scene.

The links can be found up thread
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2020, 08:10 PM   #1882
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Quote:
4 people shot at northwest Fresno party, police searching for suspects
https://abc30.com/4-people-shot-at-n...pects/6274608/

4 shot at a house party in Brooklyn, New York.
Quote:
Law enforcement sources said the first incident happened at 4:14 a.m. on June 27, when a gunman opened fire on a crowd at a house party in Brooklyn, injuring four people.

The incident happened at a home on Rockaway Parkway near Avenue B in Canarsie. Police said the unidentified gunman walked in on the bash and started pulling the trigger.
https://www.amny.com/brooklyn/seven-...and-manhattan/

4 shot in Peoria, Illinois
Quote:
Then, about 10 minutes later, at 2:46 a.m., a ShotSpotter alert indicated a barrage of gunfire, 37 rounds, in the 1400 block of Southwest Jefferson Street.
https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200627...a?rssfeed=true
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2020, 08:08 PM   #1883
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Here is a mass shooting that finally made the rounds on most MSM outlets:

3 dead + 4 shot by disgruntled ex-employee at a Walmart distribution center in Redding, California. The gunmen, who used an AR-15, was among those killed.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...enter-71497302
Old 29th June 2020, 08:50 AM   #1884
Bogative
Graduate Poster

7 shot after argument in Hale County, Tennessee.
https://www.cbs42.com/alabama-news/a...n-hale-county/

3 dead + 1 shot after third-party gets involved in domestic dispute.
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/s...1593407708.png

1 dead + 3 shot in Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...in-kensington/
Old 29th June 2020, 11:08 AM   #1885
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
7 shot after argument in Hale County, Tennessee.
https://www.cbs42.com/alabama-news/a...n-hale-county/
Hales County, Nearly 60% black.

Quote:
3 dead + 1 shot after third-party gets involved in domestic dispute.
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/s...1593407708.png
The man who did the shooting? Marlon Tucker

Quote:
1 dead + 3 shot in Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...in-kensington/
A reasonably diverse neighborhood, tending towards heavily hispanic
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 01:07 PM   #1886
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

You do understand the link between poverty and violence?

And the difference between criminals killing criminals, and police killing innocent people?
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 01:29 PM   #1887
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post

And the difference between criminals killing criminals, and police killing innocent people?
Judging by his posts, probably not!

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 02:24 PM   #1888
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Black Lives Matter would like to have a few words with you. A conversation, if you will.
Old 29th June 2020, 02:29 PM   #1889
Distracted1
Illuminator

.....and criminals killing innocent people, and police killing criminals.

You left out a part.
Old 29th June 2020, 02:32 PM   #1890
Distracted1
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
Kensington is not "reasonably" anything.
Google "shooting Kensington Philadelphia" and you will have difficulty locating a specific one unless you are certain of the date- and which one from that date you are looking for.
Old 29th June 2020, 04:39 PM   #1891
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Police are on salary when they do it.

And they have laws crafted specifically to protect them from oversight and legal retribution.

And they have unions to pay for their lawyers.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 05:04 PM   #1892
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Police are on salary when they do it.

And they have laws crafted specifically to protect them from oversight and legal retribution.

And they have unions to pay for their lawyers....
... and to prevent changes to the laws that would make them accountable.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 05:14 PM   #1893
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Really, you are talking about black criminals killing black criminals. When that happens you lose two criminals forever and that is acceptable, or at least more acceptable than other kinds of lost lives, and most especially innocent lives. But then you have to put aside black lives mattering, in order to avoid the bold hypocrisy.

If you actually had a conversation with BLM leaders, it would be spicy. Security would be required for your safety. Both parties would need to be searched for weapons before the discussion starts. That sounds weird to do for jimbob, but you have to and you will learn why.

Jimbob is an apologist for the slaughter of black lives including children and babies, and the slaughter is delivered by black criminals. Consequent revenge with more slaughter causes the numbers to ramp up steadily. But this is fine because it's only just criminals all the way down, and so who really cares?

All of this is immediately clear to the BLM leader guy. And it couldn't be any worse because all of this is coming from a "left wing" white guy. He's pulling a trick to actually eliminate the black community. So you really can't let BLM bring a gun or knife, but killings can be done with bare hands.

And you certainly can't let the other side have a gun or knife, because the other side apologizes for, or even may be seen as an advocate for, the slaughter of black lives including children and babies. That would represent a clear and present danger for BLM, because that would seem to be the kind of "other side" who would shoot a black BLM guy right there during, or at the end of the conversation.

And a shooting in the back while either side is running away is completely fair game. If BLM kills the other by a shot to the back, this "cowardly murderer" could easily become a national hero with statues of him erected and plaques that all explained what happened and why. None of those statues would be pulled down. The reason is simple.

Black Lives Matter!
Old 30th June 2020, 10:08 PM   #1894
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Do you understand we're talking about mass shootings here?
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:15 PM   #1895
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Kensington is not "reasonably" anything.
Google "shooting Kensington Philadelphia" and you will have difficulty locating a specific one unless you are certain of the date- and which one from that date you are looking for.
There are apparently some blocks that have a fair number of White people but in general the neighborhood enjoys the systemic institutional privilege enjoyed by diverse and multicultural enclaves. Yes, there are alot of peaceful shootings in Kensington. That's one of the benefits of living there.
Old 1st July 2020, 05:13 AM   #1896
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
.....and criminals killing innocent people, and police killing criminals.

You left out a part.
Maybe I am an unrealistic idealist, but I would hope to be able to hold the police to a higher standard than criminals.

We also know how to deal with mass shootings. The UK was a gun culture until the 1920s. You might say that reducing legal firearms wouldn't affect illegal firearms, but when you see how long illegal firearms stay in circulation - that doesn't hold up.

Restrict the legal supply of especially handguns, and require proof of safe storage and the illegal supply would dry up fairly shortly afterwards. After all, criminals don't want to be caught with incriminating firearms, so tend to dump them at the moment.

And yes, I am unhappy with police killing criminals when that is unjustified, as the police should not act as jury and judge.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 05:38 AM   #1897
Distracted1
Illuminator

There are apparently some blocks that have a fair number of White people but in general the neighborhood enjoys the systemic institutional privilege enjoyed by diverse and multicultural enclaves. Yes, there are alot of peaceful shootings in Kensington. That's one of the benefits of living there.
That neighborhood of Philadelphia has had a reputation for violence that goes back to the days when the population was nearly entirely white. Kensington was where "the men were men and so were the women" (in the 1950's sense of the terms)

Today, if you examine the patterns of violence in Kensington, you would notice how most of it occurs within a very small distance from Emerald Street ("the emerald city" as local police refer to it) which is essentially a several block long open air drug market that draws junkies from all over the city. The dealers kill each other over turf pretty regularly (oldest story in the book) just a few blocks from where some fairly developed gentrification is occurring.

Kensington also runs to Fishtown. The exact borders between the two are vague- it depends upon who you ask. Fishtown, as you might have heard was home to the "white vigilantes" who congregated in front of their police precinct expecting trouble during the early days of the protesting- when it still resembled a riot more than it did a parade.
Old 1st July 2020, 01:22 PM   #1898
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Five more mass shootings to finish out the month of June. Of the shootings I've posted over the past week, or so, only one has received much attention from the MSM and only one has mentioned gang violence, and they weren't the same, unsurprisingly.

5 shot in Davenport, Iowa in what was called a targeted shooting.
https://www.kwqc.com/2020/07/01/poli...tuesday-night/

4 shot in gang-related shooting Sylmar, California.
https://mynewsla.com/crime/2020/06/2...ing-in-sylmar/

1 dead + 3 shot during revenge shooting in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...ng/3284334001/

4 shot at a gas station in Chicago, Illinois.
https://abc7chicago.com/4-injured-af...north/6283904/

1 dead + 4 injured during drive-by shooting in Atlanta, Georgia.
https://abc7chicago.com/4-injured-af...north/6283904/

92 reported mass shootings for the month of June.

66 dead

403 injured

The obvious solution is to defund the police.
Old 5th July 2020, 08:46 AM   #1899
Wolrab
Illuminator

But Chicago.... https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/07...g-teen-killed/
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2020, 08:43 PM   #1900
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Here's one that happened in my neck of the woods over the weekend:

11-year-old black girl and a 38-year-old mother of five were murdered and three others were shot.

The police are saying a house was accidentally hit with a firework and that led to the shooting. Two people have been arrested, one of them is a 16-year-old male.

Considering that the very active local BLM is not making a fuss, we can assume the shooters don't fit the description of potential Klan members.

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/16-yea...ouble-homicide
Old 13th July 2020, 11:51 AM   #1901
Bogative
Graduate Poster

42 mass shootings so far this month. At this rate, it's likely to exceed last months record-breaking amount which surpassed the prior months record-breaking amount.

177 shot + 34 dead including a one-year-old baby boy who was shot in the stomach at a cookout in what is reported to be a drive-by shooting.

There will be no media satellite trucks in front of his home broadcasting this tragedy to the world. There will be no protests, looting or rioting. there will be no Black Lives Matter protests, probably not even as much as a fundraiser to help his family with the the funeral costs.

Nobody really gives a **** about his black life because this is just another run-of-the-mill black on black shooting and not a cop pulling the trigger.

Quote:
As many as three suspects drove up in a dark-colored SUV and parked in front of the victims. They then hopped out of the vehicle and opened fire, sources said.
https://nypost.com/2020/07/13/1-year...rce=NYPTwitter
Old 13th July 2020, 01:45 PM   #1902
AnonyMoose
Muse

42 mass shootings so far this month. At this rate, it's likely to exceed last months record-breaking amount which surpassed the prior months record-breaking amount.

177 shot + 34 dead including a one-year-old baby boy who was shot in the stomach at a cookout in what is reported to be a drive-by shooting.

There will be no media satellite trucks in front of his home broadcasting this tragedy to the world. There will be no protests, looting or rioting. there will be no Black Lives Matter protests, probably not even as much as a fundraiser to help his family with the the funeral costs.

Nobody really gives a **** about his black life because this is just another run-of-the-mill black on black shooting and not a cop pulling the trigger.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/13/1-year...rce=NYPTwitter

Yup, nobody cares.

OR

You're the only person on this forum who doesn't understand the difference between a cop unjustifiably killing a member of the community vs a criminal unjustifiably killing a member of the community.

Three guesses as to which one is the correct explanation.

But by all means, do continue tossing around your salty tears because nobody here will recognize your faux indignation at all. You're just too darn cunningly smart n' stuff.

Last edited by AnonyMoose; 13th July 2020 at 01:47 PM.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2020, 02:36 PM   #1903
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

WHY DOESN'T AN ACTIVIST GROUP FORMED TO ADDRESS A SPECIFIC FORM OF VIOLENCE CARE ABOUT OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENCE? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2020, 03:24 PM   #1904
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
(snip)
OR

You're the only person on this forum who doesn't understand the difference between a cop unjustifiably killing a member of the community vs a criminal unjustifiably killing a member of the community.
(snip)
To be fair, this thread is for mass shootings, even though I believe the original poster had intended it to be for four or more people killed as opposed to four or more people shot. As far as I'm concerned, despite Bogative's apparent agenda, his posts in this thread are on topic. People firing guns indiscriminately without regard to the race of the shooter or victims is a problem in the States that we don't see in other parts of the world with which the USA typically identifies, notably Canada, Europe, and Oceania and probably South-East Asia.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2020, 03:36 PM   #1905
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
To be fair, this thread is for mass shootings, even though I believe the original poster had intended it to be for four or more people killed as opposed to four or more people shot. As far as I'm concerned, despite Bogative's apparent agenda, his posts in this thread are on topic. People firing guns indiscriminately without regard to the race of the shooter or victims is a problem in the States that we don't see in other parts of the world with which the USA typically identifies, notably Canada, Europe, and Oceania and probably South-East Asia.
I think Checkmite's comment is most pertinent here.

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
WHY DOESN'T AN ACTIVIST GROUP FORMED TO ADDRESS A SPECIFIC FORM OF VIOLENCE CARE ABOUT OTHER FORMS OF VIOLENCE? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Bogative is inflicting on this thread a barrage of tu quoque. And that, as you know, is a logical fallacy.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2020, 04:13 PM   #1906
Bogative
Graduate Poster

You really should go to blacklivesmatter.com and study up.

They were formed to do many things, and continue to do many other things now, other than to address a specific form of violence.

White supremacy, vigilantism, queer folk, trans folk, disabled folk, undocumented folk, folks with record and women are all mentioned.

Quote:
BLM’s #WhatMatters2020 will focus on issues concerning racial injustice, police brutality, criminal justice reform, Black immigration, economic injustice, LGBTQIA+ and human rights, environmental injustice, access to healthcare, access to quality education, and voting rights and suppression.
The movement is involved in a whole lot of activism about a whole lot subjects, yet they can't be bothered to notice the elephant in the room.
Old 13th July 2020, 04:59 PM   #1907
Checkmite

You really should go to blacklivesmatter.com and study up.
I think you should take your own advice about studying, and pay attention to how your chosen website has a link to a list of "chapters" that don't include any in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle, or many other places where there has obviously been heavy BLM activism post-Floyd. A few of your posts ago you mentioned a crime in your "neck of the woods" that hasn't been responded to by your "very active local BLM"...but your blacklivesmatter.com website doesn't have any chapters anywhere nearby. It's almost as if this link, which oddly talks about some "global organization in the US, UK, and Canada", isn't actually representative of the wider BLM movement, but is just another smaller group that uses the slogan too, and its platform is only its own platform.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2020, 04:59 PM   #1908
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
I think Checkmite's comment is most pertinent here.

Bogative is inflicting on this thread a barrage of tu quoque. And that, as you know, is a logical fallacy.
Yes, if we were arguing in a purely logical vacuum, it would be a tu quoque. But on this forum, we are arguing against specific posters and their body of work, as the phrase has it. Calling out the hypocrisy of a theme is fair game while we are hearkening back to an adversary's positions from years back. 'What you always say' negates tu quoque as foul play.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2020, 05:06 PM   #1909
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Yes, if we were arguing in a purely logical vacuum, it would be a tu quoque. But on this forum, we are arguing against specific posters and their body of work, as the phrase has it. Calling out the hypocrisy of a theme is fair game while we are hearkening back to an adversary's positions from years back. 'What you always say' negates tu quoque as foul play.
But the theme being "called out" was not featured in this thread. This thread was about mass shootings generally; Bogative has chosen to focus specifically on mass shootings he thinks were committed by black people, in order to support via insinuation his theorem that black people are violent and animalistic and as a passive-aggressive protest against people elsewhere in the forum in other threads giving what he deems to be too much attention to the activities of violent white supremacists and other racists.
Old 13th July 2020, 06:22 PM   #1910
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

I think you should take your own advice about studying, and pay attention to how your chosen website has a link to a list of "chapters" that don't include any in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle, or many other places where there has obviously been heavy BLM activism post-Floyd. A few of your posts ago you mentioned a crime in your "neck of the woods" that hasn't been responded to by your "very active local BLM"...but your blacklivesmatter.com website doesn't have any chapters anywhere nearby. It's almost as if this link, which oddly talks about some "global organization in the US, UK, and Canada", isn't actually representative of the wider BLM movement, but is just another smaller group that uses the slogan too, and its platform is only its own platform.
Rookie mistake.

The real website is BlackLivesMatter.Mao
Old 13th July 2020, 08:36 PM   #1911
Bogative
Graduate Poster

It's almost as if this link, which oddly talks about some "global organization in the US, UK, and Canada", isn't actually representative of the wider BLM movement, but is just another smaller group that uses the slogan too, and its platform is only its own platform.

False.
Old 13th July 2020, 09:02 PM   #1912
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Bogative has chosen to focus specifically on mass shootings he thinks were committed by black people
Liar. Go back to where I started posting in this thread up until the end of June(when I stopped posting shootings every day because it was too time-consuming) and compare that to what was posted at gva.org. You will find that I posted every single mass shooting as they listed them daily. It's possible that I missed a few because there are, occasionally, shootings that gva.org does not post the day of the incident. I did not specifically focus on anything, I posted them all.

Quote:
in order to support via insinuation his theorem that black people are violent and animalistic
No theory necessary, the data prove that black people are more violent than other races, per capita, in America.

I said "animalistic," you got a link for that?
Old 14th July 2020, 06:04 AM   #1913
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

But the theme being "called out" was not featured in this thread. This thread was about mass shootings generally; Bogative has chosen to focus specifically on mass shootings he thinks were committed by black people, in order to support via insinuation his theorem that black people are violent and animalistic and as a passive-aggressive protest against people elsewhere in the forum in other threads giving what he deems to be too much attention to the activities of violent white supremacists and other racists.
It depends on what you view the theme to be, no? I think Bogative might see this as over concern about one guy shooting a lot of people, as opposed to one class of people who shoot a hell of a lot more, in toto. Which should we be more concerned about, in terms of actual mass shooting? The better individual marksmen, or the group which regularly racks up a higher body count? Should a Dylan Roof be the focus of a Mass Shooting discussion, or the Crips?

I agree that the theme on this thread is more 'wtf is with Americans mass murdering with guns so often', but I think Bogative is addressing that, just with a different spin. Properly, his argument is at best tangental on this thread. Mass shooters are usually thought of as an individual going out to kill a high umber of people semi/randomly. Gang shooting is targeted, but often sloppy, so not really the same theme.

Anywhoo, the point was just that tu quoque is not fallacious as we argue on the forum. We discuss very much as individuals with a body of work and reputations, and often argue as teams. So hypocrisy/dishonesty is a clean call, even though it is fallacious in a standalone debate.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2020, 12:55 PM   #1914
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

This depiction of the attitudes of your average US racist towards spree shooters pretty much sums it up for me....

Old 14th July 2020, 01:56 PM   #1915
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
This depiction of the attitudes of your average US racist towards spree shooters pretty much sums it up for me....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z5pawajpc...ters.jpg?raw=1
I don't recall any black spree shooters, although there have been so many spree shooters that it's easy to lose track of them.

The white spree shooters tend to be "all people who own guns guilty", or at least "all gun enthusiasts guilty". If the shooter happens to be politically motivated, like the guy who shot up the Republican baseball practice a while back, some will try to ensure that some of the blame flows onto those with similar views.

Last edited by Meadmaker; 14th July 2020 at 01:58 PM.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #1916
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

It's not really Bogative's fault that black lives matter has a crappy website or is simply not very organized. Perhaps you could share with us the black lives matter website that does represent the movement since the blacklivesmatter.com is just some offshoot of the international organization.
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #1917
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

It's not really Bogative's fault that black lives matter has a crappy website or is simply not very organized. Perhaps you could share with us the black lives matter website that does represent the movement since the blacklivesmatter.com is just some offshoot of the international organization.
This implies that blacklivesmatter is an organisation.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events