ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags antifa , protest incidents

Old 5th June 2020, 01:23 AM   #121
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
No question about it...but there are segments of the left trying their darndest to make a game of it.

Have you noticed that there are segments of people who call themselves centrists who are neither nice nor bright? Van Jones: A 'white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter' can pose a greater threat to black Americans than the KKK (The Hill, May 29, 2020)
So when you insist on writing whataboutist posts, you should try to make them a little more inclusive. I Am The Scum is probably right about where "approximately 95%" comes from. My guess is that about 4% of the rest is from people who insist that political ignorance, stupidity and cynicism is something that you only see among either leftists or conservatives and alt-righters.
There are several of those in this forum.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 01:28 AM   #122
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Oh, he is a definent example of it. Look at his postign history
I see once again I am in a minority who can see stupidty on both sides of the political specturm, instead of seeing it onlyu on the side i don't like.
No I doubt you are in the minority there. Why the need to always remind us that you're the most moderate moderate in the history of moderation?
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 01:28 AM   #123
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
The bricks are real, nobody ever claimed otherwise. But there were no pallets of bricks delivered just for the protesters to take advantage of.

About those bricks....

White House Forced to Retract Claim Viral Videos Prove Antifa Is Plotting Violence

The gullible White House believed the bricks were intentionally placed for the protesters, but building is currently occupied by morons who have a tendency to believe anything that fits their worldview.

They should use the bricks to build a very big wall around that place ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 04:25 AM   #124
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, he is a definent example of it. Look at his postign history
I see once again I am in a minority who can see stupidty on both sides of the political specturm, instead of seeing it onlyu on the side i don't like.

Interesting tweet from the centrist "minority who can see stupidty on both sides of the political specturm":

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 5th June 2020, 04:49 AM   #125
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Zeus is antifa, confirmed:

https://twitter.com/alanhenney/statu...57597324279808

Quote:
2 STRUCK BY LIGHTNING--- 17th St and Pennsylvania Ave NW-DC. Victims are possibly law enforcement or National Guard who were standing under a tree. At least 1 had been unconscious but both are now conscious, en route to the hospital.
Old 5th June 2020, 04:55 AM   #126
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
This is going to be really confusing to the nazi neo-pagans who worship Thor. (Yes, they actually exist)
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 05:34 AM   #127
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Extremely nutty twitter thread about a bunch of people in God-knows-where whipped into fear of invading antifa supersoldiers.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 05:36 AM   #128
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Imagine arming yourself to go defend a Gamestop against nobody, a store that is almost certainly not going to exist in a year.

https://twitter.com/LILACPhilly/stat...rom-looters%2F
Old 5th June 2020, 05:47 AM   #129
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Consequences of the right's antifa hoax:

"Family harassed in Forks after being accused of being members of Antifa"

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/c...ers-of-antifa/

A multi-racial family on a camping trip was accused of being antifa by local ********. They followed the family to their campsite and felled trees to prevent them from leaving. They could only leave after 4 high school students with chainsaws cleared the way.

Local idiots spotted the family's camper at an outdoors store and assumed they were antifa terrorists. Seven or eight carloads of local morons thought this was true.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 5th June 2020 at 05:49 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 06:41 AM   #130
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
This is terrible. Those rioters should be placed on administrative leave immediately.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 06:53 AM   #131
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Imagine arming yourself to go defend a Gamestop against nobody, a store that is almost certainly not going to exist in a year.

https://twitter.com/LILACPhilly/stat...rom-looters%2F
Cripes, I’ve gone to that GameStop a couple of times. Do they think they’ve got good sighlines to the BJs?!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 07:07 AM   #132
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Cripes, I’ve gone to that GameStop a couple of times. Do they think they’ve got good sighlines to the BJs?!
Good luck trading in that used XBOX now. Lay down some suppressing fire and move in bounds. You might still get that $5 store credit.
Old 5th June 2020, 07:24 AM   #133
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker

Black Friday came early this year.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 07:55 AM   #134
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Have you noticed that there are segments of people who call themselves centrists who are neither nice nor bright?
There are segments of people from every political angle who are neither nice nor bright. So what?

Quote:
Well, since Van Jones wrote it, I guess it must be true.

Quote:
So when you insist on writing whataboutist posts, you should try to make them a little more inclusive. I Am The Scum is probably right about where "approximately 95%" comes from. My guess is that about 4% of the rest is from people who insist that political ignorance, stupidity and cynicism is something that you only see among either leftists or conservatives and alt-righters.
My guess is that the other 5% is from self-righteous posers who insist that anyone who doesn't fully subscribe to their half-baked drivel is a "centrist" and worse than a Klan member.

Wollen owns the stage

Last edited by trustbutverify; 5th June 2020 at 08:04 AM.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 07:57 AM   #135
crescent
Illuminator

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Extremely nutty twitter thread about a bunch of people in God-knows-where whipped into fear of invading antifa supersoldiers.
My home town (Greeley, Colorado) has a protest scheduled for today, another for tomorrow. Greeley is a sort of bifurcated place - a good bit of the white population trends very, very conservative, but the town also has a pretty large minority population, mostly hispanic.

Anyway, lots of paranoia. The planned protest has been moved three times. First they were going to use the downtown plazas, but that frightened the business owners. So then they decided to plan for a protest in front of the police station - but that led to fears of escalation, plus the police station is on a busy street and the protesters were worried that some sort of inadvertent interaction with traffic could lead to violence.

So they moved to a park, a nice big open park (one with few trees, just a big grassy area for football and soccer and such). Fully permitted, restrooms and port-a-potties, water and first aid tents planned, all for a few hours of protest. Well away from the police station, well away from any business district. Plenty of big parking lots well off the busy street. So now they are accused of moving away from downtown as a mean to draw the police away from downtown, so there will be nobody downtown to stop the busloads of antifa who the paranoiacs expect to show up.

So now people are organizing armed patrols for the downtown business district and some of the strip malls. Posting themselves along highways to watch for the buses transporting antifa (they expect luxury interstate buses).

https://twitter.com/JohnTiegen/statu...57113070436360

https://twitter.com/HeatherNestor8/s...44983776329729

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Weld...58374679973188

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3851571&type=3
Quote:
Antifa is in Greeley. They have been since at least Monday. Their “scouts” are staying at downtown Hilton. They have been surveying the downtown, especially the courthouse, Coronado building and malls.
Now they have announced a “protest” for Friday the 5th from 6-8PM at Montfort park. I believe the protest is meant to draw our police away from the downtown so they can vandalize our courthouse and loot downtown.
It is time to be vigilant and report suspicious activities immediately to police. The most obvious are stacks of bricks just “showing” up near targeted areas and the appearance of large tour buses which will be carrying their shock troops.
We are organizing to protect our courthouse and downtown in the event that this turns into another 16th street mall in Denver event. Maybe if they confront a large group of patriots it will prevent the kinds of damage we are seeing from cities around America.
Take care, be aware, survive.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 08:24 AM   #136
phunk
Illuminator

My home town (Greeley, Colorado) has a protest scheduled for today, another for tomorrow. Greeley is a sort of bifurcated place - a good bit of the white population trends very, very conservative, but the town also has a pretty large minority population, mostly hispanic.

Anyway, lots of paranoia. The planned protest has been moved three times. First they were going to use the downtown plazas, but that frightened the business owners. So then they decided to plan for a protest in front of the police station - but that led to fears of escalation, plus the police station is on a busy street and the protesters were worried that some sort of inadvertent interaction with traffic could lead to violence.

So they moved to a park, a nice big open park (one with few trees, just a big grassy area for football and soccer and such). Fully permitted, restrooms and port-a-potties, water and first aid tents planned, all for a few hours of protest. Well away from the police station, well away from any business district. Plenty of big parking lots well off the busy street. So now they are accused of moving away from downtown as a mean to draw the police away from downtown, so there will be nobody downtown to stop the busloads of antifa who the paranoiacs expect to show up.

So now people are organizing armed patrols for the downtown business district and some of the strip malls. Posting themselves along highways to watch for the buses transporting antifa (they expect luxury interstate buses).
And they'll claim success when antifa doesn't show up.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 08:50 AM   #137
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Turns out that "Antifa super soldier" isn't just a meme.

Look at this massive lad. Soros bio engineered for sure:

https://twitter.com/AntifaCreatin/st...15532552601603
Old 5th June 2020, 10:05 AM   #138
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Must've been the one carring those pallets of bricks around

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 11:45 AM   #139
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

I don't like Antifa much too many of them seem enamoured of left wing dictators like Mao...but they are a threat to nobody.
But I am distrubed that so many people here refuse to see any stupidity on the political left.
Just to be fair, here you have a point.

If (and when) one makes the effort to derive democracy from first principles, (best if free of quote mining or reliance on earlier texts), the exercise does not logically imply economic equality by any means, quite the contrary. True, economic status can condition political access (voting), the only caution that need be remedied while still within this domain of reasoning.

On this, everyone on the left is out of bounds, at least as they formulate their points. Yes, arguments can be made fairly in many regards for economic justice (with all the difficulties in defining that); however, there is no mandate for such in purely political theory if strictly argued, and such a concept needs development of and on its own first principles, and cannot lean on democratic political theory alone for support.

On that, a brief digression: both right and left are mired in outdated models, bad data, and prejudice. A more modern take on economic theory requires systems thinking, quite often a missing perspective.

For example, once the economy is seen as a system of stocks and flows, it is immediately apparent that no part of the system can have its stocks depleted, or all flows cease. (See credit-crunch induced collapses in aggregate demand in the Great Depression and the Great Recession, similar in most recessions to lesser degree.) Note that this perspective is not moralizing, free or left of right righteousness. Descriptive! Measurable! Manageable! Good for policy. The rest is moaning for favorite flavor of lollipop.

Last edited by Hlafordlaes; 5th June 2020 at 11:46 AM.
Hlafordlaes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 01:41 PM   #140
Venom
Illuminator

Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 01:55 PM   #141
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
No I doubt you are in the minority there. Why the need to always remind us that you're the most moderate moderate in the history of moderation?
Since so many here are unwilling to criticise anything or anybody on the left.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 01:58 PM   #142
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/JohnTiegen/statu...57113070436360

https://twitter.com/HeatherNestor8/s...44983776329729

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Weld...58374679973188

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3851571&type=3
Do all protestors are Antifa?
Or , as I suspect they don't like the idea of N--------s coming inot Greely.
I am beginning to hate rural America.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 02:17 PM   #143
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Another antifa hysteric.

Man confronts protesters with chainsaw, spouting racial slurs and other nonsense.

https://twitter.com/Upchurc54601511/...17149760245760

The score so far:

Antifa terrorists attacking no-name suburbs: 0

Dip-**** right wingers freaking the **** out: >0
Old 5th June 2020, 04:14 PM   #144
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Interesting factoid. The Socialist Rifle Association increased in membership by 20% in the last 2 weeks.

Well on our way to ending the right wing's monopoly on gun ownership. To our American forum members, there's probably a chapter near you. Cops and racists need not apply.

Leftists with guns could be useful for a thing later.

I teach new shooters for free. I imagine other chapters are likewise supportive. Time to gun up.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 5th June 2020 at 04:16 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 05:15 PM   #145
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

With so much going on, this slipped through the cracks.

Sitting Republican congressman advocating that antifa be hunted down and killed.
Old 5th June 2020, 05:20 PM   #146
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

So, yeah, I don't criticize the left that much, because the left isn't abhorrently evil.
Old 5th June 2020, 05:43 PM   #147
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Since so many here are unwilling to criticise anything or anybody on the left.
Do you think there is equivalency between the radical right and the radical left?

do you think there is parity between the body count in the last 5 years? Right wing extremists are killing people in mass shootings every few months. Radical left shooters are punctuated by years.
Old 5th June 2020, 06:49 PM   #148
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Fox News host Lara Logan falls for obvious parody account claiming that juggalos are part of the Antifa hierarchy.
Old 5th June 2020, 07:38 PM   #149
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Paranoid crazies harass vacationing family accused of being "antifa"

Some patriotic individuals in Clallam County, Washington (think "flat tip of the "thumb" of Washington State) heard and began to spread rumors that "antifa buses" would be coming to loot and pillage the small local town of Sequim. They resolved to grab 'em them guns and defendin' them homes and bidnesses from the antifas, as one does.

Enter a vacationing mixed-race family from Spokane:

Quote:
The family — a husband and wife, their 16-year-old daughter and the husband’s mother — were driving a full-size school bus and had prepared to camp off a logging road spur on the A Road about 5 miles east of U.S. Highway 101, Anderson said.

The family had shopped for camping supplies at Forks Outfitters and were confronted “by seven or eight carloads of people in the grocery store parking lot,” Anderson said they reported to deputies.

“The people in the parking lot repeatedly asked them if they were Antifa protesters. The family told the people they weren’t associated with any such group and were just camping,” the press release said.

“The family had to drive their bus around vehicles in the parking lot in order to get back onto Highway 101.”

The family told deputies that at least four vehicles followed them as they drove northbound out of Forks. They said that two of the vehicles had people in them carrying what appeared to be semi-automatic rifles.

They drove their bus up the A Road and onto a logging spur road, where they pitched a tent to camp for the night, they told deputies, but then heard gunshots in the distance and power saws down the road from where they were camping. They packed their camp to leave.

They found that someone had cut down trees across the spur road.

Four Forks High School students contacted deputies as they drove up the A Road toward the campers, Anderson said.

“The students used their chainsaw to clear the roadway for the family,” he said in the release.

Deputies escorted the family to the Forks sheriff’s detachment for interviews. Soon after they left, their bus broke down and deputies helped them get their bus running again so they could travel, Anderson said.
The sheriff's office is still investigating the incident and soliciting information about the perpetrators from the public.

By the way, the big riot in Sequim ended up just being a few locals with BLM signs standing on a corner for a few hours before leaving.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2020, 07:49 PM   #150
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dann View Post
The problem is that you are so obsessed with seeing "stupidty on both sides of the political specturm" that you get upset when people point out to you that some of the stupidty was made up by the other side. You may not have noticed, but spreading the stories about violent socialists made up by fascists puts you in the category of people like Trump Jr.
That is nothing to be proud of, dudalb. It's actually a very good thing that you are "in a minority"

Dit your spellchecker get the 'rona or something?
Bell’s first law is always a pisser.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2020, 12:14 AM   #151
Venom
Illuminator

The antifa paranoia in this country is out of control.

It's absolutely stunning.
Old 6th June 2020, 01:34 AM   #152
dann
Penultimate Amazing

And the rest of the world is beginning to notice:
Felaktiga påståenden om protesterna i USA sprids till miljoner (SVT.se, June 5, 2020)
Fake claims about protests in the USA are spread to millions

It shows other examples besides the fake antifa tweet: an alleged FBI agent being arrested, a manipulated photo of Hitler holding a Bible the way Trump did and an alleged shop owner being attacked by protesters in Dallas.
Old 6th June 2020, 01:38 AM   #153
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Fox News host Lara Logan falls for obvious parody account claiming that juggalos are part of the Antifa hierarchy.

Are you claiming that they aren't?!
Man, we can't afford to lose them in the current situation!
Old 6th June 2020, 09:42 PM   #154
crescent
Illuminator

Has this one been posted yet? It's from three or four days ago, I think.

'Not a call to arms,' Curry County Sheriff explains Facebook post on rumored "Antifa bus

Quote:
He said the message read "there are three busses full of Antifa coming, they left less than 45 minutes ago." He said the message went on to say "law enforcement is geared up in Coquille, I'm in Coquille now, if they blow through they are headed to Coos Bay and we will need help, they stated they are ready for a fight."

A Coos County-based news outlet reported today that 100's of armed residents showed up in Coquille to protect the small town based on what appears to have been the same rumor.

The social media post apparently lead to this:

Hundreds turn out to stop rumored riot

Quote:
Nearly 200 locals, some armed, waited outside Coos County Courthouse ready to meet buses of purported rioters.

As of 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, those buses never arrived.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2020, 12:09 AM   #155
Checkmite

Quote:
The Coos County Sheriff's Office said it was inundated with reports that three buses holding Antifa would arrive at the courthouse at 8 p.m., an “anti-fascist” political protest movement currently being blamed for the violence across the nation. Small cities throughout the state and country are reportedly getting similar false reports of Antifa arriving in buses.
This same rumor about "antifa buses" led to the incident Friday in northern Washington that I posted about above. It's surely no coincidence that these very small rural towns that receive notices about an upcoming very small local BLM support protest, then mysteriously get blasted with this recycled rumor - edited to match each new location apparently - about buses full of Antifa on their way. This time we have a case of the county's own sheriff spreading the rumor, completely unsourced and unsupported, and even admittedly embellished based on things he'd heard about riots in "other parts of the country".
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2020, 12:18 AM   #156
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
This same rumor about "antifa buses" led to the incident Friday in northern Washington that I posted about above. It's surely no coincidence that these very small rural towns that receive notices about an upcoming very small local BLM support protest, then mysteriously get blasted with this recycled rumor - edited to match each new location apparently - about buses full of Antifa on their way. This time we have a case of the county's own sheriff spreading the rumor, completely unsourced and unsupported, and even admittedly embellished based on things he'd heard about riots in "other parts of the country".
Because ANTIFA can do no wrong?
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2020, 01:55 AM   #157
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Because U.S. establishment are paranoid about an imaginary organization?
Right now, the people who consider themselves to be part of antifa are probably busy outing Trump's paramilitary stormtroopers:

I AGREE

I AGREE
Old 7th June 2020, 06:13 AM   #158
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Even when they have to resort to illegal violence like thugs. How admirable and righteous of them.
I'm waiting for your to condemn the thuggery of Sam Adams and his 'Sons of Liberty'....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2020, 06:18 AM   #159
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I Am The Scum just made a sloppy argument in that little sidetrack.

That's it.
So no actual, factual, response then....

Maybe it's time for this.
I AGREE
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2020, 08:07 AM   #160
Checkmite

And again. Klamath Falls this time, same story: small local protest, and the local community receives warnings about "antifa buses" full of looters on their way and due to arrive any minute, leading platoons of Gomers to show up to protect businesses from nobody.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events