ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th June 2020, 03:27 PM   #41
deadrose
Illuminator

Ugh. You know what happens when white people move into over-crowded black neighborhoods? Prices go up, taxes go up, and people who've strengthened the community are forced out to even poorer neighborhoods. It's called "gentrification" and it destroys the best parts of the community as it forces them into a diaspora.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 03:33 PM   #42
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by deadrose View Post
Ugh. You know what happens when white people move into over-crowded black neighborhoods? Prices go up, taxes go up, and people who've strengthened the community are forced out to even poorer neighborhoods. It's called "gentrification" and it destroys the best parts of the community as it forces them into a diaspora.
So we know that all the white people moving out and so "ghettoizing" black people doesn't work, and white people moving in and so "gentrifying" black neighborhoods doesn't work, so ..... what does?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 04:03 PM   #43
Distracted1
Illuminator

I think you are using some outdated and unreliable assumptions.

https://nlihc.org/resource/gentrific...ats-difference
Old 8th June 2020, 04:05 PM   #44
deadrose
Illuminator

I'd say that requires general housing reform, so that people can live in the places they work and in the places they've lived all their lives. It's a common problem for all races these days, at least in the areas of the country that have job opportunities.

I have lived in neighborhoods where I've seen this gentrification first hand. I was happy to be a part of the neighborhood and respect the culture. The developers and techbros that followed weren't. We were gentrified out just like everyone else.

It's really a matter for an entirely different thread of discussion, not just a pat one-sentence "solution" that's no solution to anything. I will stop here as further discussion would derail the thread.

Last edited by deadrose; 8th June 2020 at 04:08 PM.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 04:12 PM   #45
Distracted1
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
See: The reference to the process of ghettoization in my OP. Sociological phenomenon that stems from jim crow era policies and practices that crystallized the racial landscape and created black ghettos.

You're making the same mistake so many in this country make in treating segregated black ghetto's as some sort of reasonable analogue for your average white neighborhood. They aren't. They should only be compared to other ghettos or slum areas. NOBODY wants to live in a segregated high crime slum (or slum adjacent) community. Black or white. Nothing bigoted about it.

Using immigrant slums of the 1800's and early 1900's as analogues for black ghettos is much more apt. When the members of immigrant slums gained upward mobility they moved OUT of these slum areas. They didn't transform them from the inside out.

Only black america has been burdened with the expectation of transforming these down trodden slum areas into thriving bastions of middle class glory. This seems to be some sort of relic of jim crow era thinking (that a self-sustaining separate but equal black America could and should exist). As I said earlier no one succeeds in a vacuum.
I don't "burden them with the expectation" at all.
Seems pretty silly to expect impoverished, and essentially trapped, families to be able to just up and move to a more-expensive (and often unwelcoming) adjacent neighborhood.

I "expect" the liberal white suburban kids (out marching en mass right now to promote racial justice) to put their money where their mouths are and move in to some struggling black communities in enough numbers to eliminate the struggling aspect of these communities.
Recent studies have shown that this has at worst a "net neutral" affect on the adult residents, and provides a tremendous boost to the existing children in these neighborhoods.
By not allowing any neighborhood to be entirely "minority",or "low income" these kids could actually be achieving something besides getting their "I protested" stickers for their scrapbooks.
Old 8th June 2020, 04:24 PM   #46
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Look at all the problems it's caused in places like jersey city or crown heights. Entire communities are being destroyed.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 05:19 PM   #47
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Seems pretty silly to expect impoverished, and essentially trapped, families to be able to just up and move to a more-expensive (and often unwelcoming) adjacent neighborhood.
Did you miss the "upwardly mobile" part? Upwardly mobile meaning they are earning a wage high enough to allow them to migrate out of their impoverished neighborhoods to areas that match their new socioeconomic status. This is the traditional migration pattern of historically impoverished populations. The pattern is of out-migration and not of in-migration to impoverished/slum regions.

And whether YOU personally burdened anyone with the expectation is irrelevant (not sure what that's even supposed to mean). Point is it's an unreasonable expectation and flies in the face of convention and reality.

Quote:
I "expect" the liberal white suburban kids (out marching en mass right now to promote racial justice) to put their money where their mouths are and move in to some struggling black communities in enough numbers to eliminate the struggling aspect of these communities.
Recent studies have shown that this has at worst a "net neutral" affect on the adult residents, and provides a tremendous boost to the existing children in these neighborhoods.
Well that's a ridiculous expectation.

Quote:
By not allowing any neighborhood to be entirely "minority",or "low income" these kids could actually be achieving something besides getting their "I protested" stickers for their scrapbooks.
Pretty sure these kids achieved more than just meaningless symbolic victories (the beginnings of actual reforms effecting police conduct and accountability is already in the making thanks to these protest).
Old 8th June 2020, 05:28 PM   #48
Distracted1
Illuminator

Did you miss the "upwardly mobile" part? Upwardly mobile meaning they are earning a wage high enough to allow them to migrate out of their impoverished neighborhoods to areas that match their new socioeconomic status. This is the traditional migration pattern of historically impoverished populations. The pattern is of out-migration and not of in-migration to impoverished/slum regions.

And whether YOU personally burdened anyone with the expectation is irrelevant (not sure what that's even supposed to mean). Point is it's an unreasonable expectation and flies in the face of convention and reality.

Pretty sure these kids achieved more than just meaningless symbolic victories (the beginnings of actual reforms effecting police conduct and accountability is already in the making thanks to these protest).
Oh, yeah.
The conditions for minority populations in cities is going to get soooooo much better from this
Old 8th June 2020, 05:31 PM   #49
Distracted1
Illuminator

Your words were ....."only black America has been burdened with the expectation of these downtrodden slums...."

I agree. I don't put the burden of transforming thes "slums" on black America either. It is nonsensical to do so.
But the transformation of the slums could be achieved by diluting the "slum" out of them.
Old 8th June 2020, 07:15 PM   #50
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
You got a sourse for that claim?
Enjoy: http://www.journal.mai.ac.nz/sites/d...%20Article.pdf

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
You think that the land wars were the only confiscation of Maori lands and destruction of their businesses and culture?
No, but the land wars was the main enabler of land seizures in the 19th & early 20th centuries.

When you systematically suppress a culture and forcibly remove the means of production from that culture, how is that not systemic oppression?
Because most of the oppression was enabled by Maori themselves. Without Maori help, the NZ land wars would have lasted a week and the Poms would have given up. I expect NZ history to be sufficiently sanitised some day that the role Maori played in the oppression of other Maori will be completely expunged. They caused the extinction of the Moriori, among other little contretemps along the way.

And they're still at it - or maybe you've forgotten old Tuku "Underpants" Morgan? Pretty sure he's the man behind that stupid old scroat, Tuheitia, these days.

We have an even better plan in NZ - instead of pushing them into poorer neighbourhoods, we've made an entire city so expensive that people at the bottom live in cars or garages.
Old 8th June 2020, 07:59 PM   #51
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
No, that doesn't support the claim

Originally Posted by Lithrael View Post
As to the Maori issues, I donít think anyone proposed that you can only end up with a self destructive culture, through systemic oppression. There are certainly other ways to get there.
...to which you replied...

Except that's exactly what Maori claim.
I am confused about what part of Lithrael's post you are talking about...

a. Claiming that Maori claim "you can only end up with a self destructive culture, through systemic oppression", or

b. Claiming that Maori claim "There are certainly other ways to get there."

If you are claiming a. I say that is irrelevant. We are talking about American Blacks here not other groups in other countries. If you want to discuss racism against Maori and their high criminality index, make another thread.

If you are claiming b. then that's fine. No-one here is disagreeing with that.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 09:44 PM   #52
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

No, that doesn't support the claim
I'm not sure how you managed not to follow what was said, because others got it ok.

Maori claim that systemic oppression by Pakeha is the reason for their over-representation in jail, benefits, drugs, gangs...
Old 8th June 2020, 09:55 PM   #53
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

The entire issue is pretty much predicated on the false belief that the Black man is little more than an animal, unable to control himself, and should he be let out from under the civilizing heel of the white man, he will succumb to his true bestial nature and murder all good god fearing white folks in their beds.

This was the lie told to scare whites into refusing the abolition of slavery, and it is the lie that has continued to be told ever since.
Actually, that was a reason for abolishing slavery. Continuing to import Africans would lead to their numbers spiraling out of control. The danger that would represent was one of the reasons Abraham Lincoln thought slavery should be abolished and the free slaves sent back to Africa.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 10:35 PM   #54
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Oh, yeah.
The conditions for minority populations in cities is going to get soooooo much better from this
No need to muddy the waters. You implied the kids protesting haven't achieved anything beyond getting pat on the back for their contributions. That's not the case. I made no allusion to it improving material conditions of black neighborhoods.

Your words were ....."only black America has been burdened with the expectation of these downtrodden slums...."

I agree. I don't put the burden of transforming thes "slums" on black America either. It is nonsensical to do so.
But the transformation of the slums could be achieved by diluting the "slum" out of them.
Not sure where the conflict is. Seems you agree with my basic point but disagree with the solution and the idea of "diluting the slum out of them" is silly.

Based on how the housing market works the general physical condition of the neighborhood is going to keep housing values low and injecting a handful of middle class whites into the neighborhood isn't going to mitigate the negative economic effects of dilapidation and crime anymore than having working class or lower middle class blacks on the fringes of the ghetto (which many already are), nevermind the fact that most of the "liberal white kids" you keep referring to won't be able to afford a home straight out of high school or while in college. Just a silly proposition all together

Last edited by Juniversal; 8th June 2020 at 10:38 PM.
Juniversal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 11:15 PM   #55
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

They caused the extinction of the Moriori
I'm just going to let this stand as your understanding of NZ History on the basis that, no they didn't, and that the Moriori aren't actually extinct.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 11:23 PM   #56
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I'm just going to let this stand as your understanding of NZ History on the basis that, no they didn't, and that the Moriori aren't actually extinct.
Without even opening the link, can I ask if "gone by lunchtime" would be an appropriate response?

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 11:26 PM   #57
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Haha my bad. Brain fart lol.. I'm so sorry! Never will confuse your people with those degenerates again
Oh don't you worry about that. We have our share of issues too.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2020, 11:29 PM   #58
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not sure how you managed not to follow what was said, because others got it ok.

Maori claim that systemic oppression by Pakeha is the reason for their over-representation in jail, benefits, drugs, gangs...
Right, so your statement "Yet, none of the points you list happened to Maori" doesn't really apply does it, since its off topic (although I would argue that some actually do, even if it doesn't begin with slavery.)

Lithrael made it clear that there is more that one path to poverty and high crime statistics, and that no-one here is arguing that there isn't.

Last edited by smartcooky; 8th June 2020 at 11:44 PM.
Old 8th June 2020, 11:36 PM   #59
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Without even opening the link, can I ask if "gone by lunchtime" would be an appropriate response?
It may have mentioned a certain ex-PM whose first name is close to that of the current US Leader, and who made such a claim on air.

Old 8th June 2020, 11:47 PM   #60
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

It may have mentioned a certain ex-PM whose first name is close to that of the current US Leader, and who made such a claim on air.
He wasn't ever the PM, but he was gone by lunchtime!

Old 8th June 2020, 11:53 PM   #61
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

He wasn't ever the PM, but he was gone by lunchtime!
I have tried to block that period of history from my mind, lol. The best part of it was that Labour did a great election sign about not voting for a National Party lead by a Don Key.

Old 8th June 2020, 11:56 PM   #62
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

So we know that all the white people moving out and so "ghettoizing" black people doesn't work, and white people moving in and so "gentrifying" black neighborhoods doesn't work, so ..... what does?
You decentralize. The ghetto represents a consolidation of a large amount of people to a relatively small area. The populations must be dispersed into larger non-segregated (or less segregated) areas. This has been happening to some degree for decades but racial segregation and poverty is so entrenched in certain areas it won't happen on a large scale until you fix the criminal justice system, end the drug war and improve the educational outcomes of these populations (which may happen naturally to some degree when you fix the criminal justice system and eliminate the prison industrial complex).
Old 9th June 2020, 12:34 AM   #63
Skeptic Tank
Trigger Warning

Racial distancing - ethnostates.

We know that benefits and works well for whites. Does it work well for blacks? Don't care.
Skeptic Tank is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2020, 01:11 AM   #64
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Originally Posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
Racial distancing - ethnostates.

We know that benefits and works well for whites. Does it work well for blacks? Don't care.
No. Besides being completely immoral and unfeasible a major weakness with the idea of white ethnostates is theyre dependent on the notion of purity and whiteness. The moment whites get their ethno state, ethnostaters will "otherize" certain white ethnic groups that arent quite white enough.

Turks, Jews (been there done that), Armenians, ect, that identify as white will be not quite white enough and will become inhabitants of the next ethnic ghetto and suddenly not white at all. You get crime and disorder and the ethnostaters will blame their failed experiment on non-white infiltration by the Turks (or the Jews..or whatever boogie man you want to create).

This will especially happen when you introduce a culture or language foreign to the broader population, you get a xenophobic reaction since the ethnostate culture is predicated on xenophobia and otherization. It just...won't..work.

Last edited by Juniversal; 9th June 2020 at 01:14 AM.
Juniversal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2020, 01:44 AM   #65
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Pffft.

I do realise Moriori "exist" as an Iwi, but the fact is, the last full-blooded Moriori died in the 1930s.

As your link states:

Quote:
Shortly after they arrived they killed around 300 Moriori and enslaved the rest.
The irony in the enslavement of Moriori - which directly led to their being bred out of existence - isn't lost in this thread. I did already mention Maori's only involvement with slavery was as slave masters.
Old 9th June 2020, 01:55 AM   #66
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

I do realise Moriori "exist" as an Iwi, but the fact is, the last full-blooded Moriori died in the 1930s.
Based on that requirement then Maori are extinct too, and thus your argument is entirely moot.

Quote:
The irony in the enslavement of Moriori - which directly led to their being bred out of existence - isn't lost in this thread. I did already mention Maori's only involvement with slavery was as slave masters.
You realise that it was the actions of a small number of one tribe of Maori and not Maori as a whole, right?

Old 9th June 2020, 05:49 AM   #67
Distracted1
Illuminator

No need to muddy the waters. You implied the kids protesting haven't achieved anything beyond getting pat on the back for their contributions. That's not the case. I made no allusion to it improving material conditions of black neighborhoods.

Not sure where the conflict is. Seems you agree with my basic point but disagree with the solution and the idea of "diluting the slum out of them" is silly.

Based on how the housing market works the general physical condition of the neighborhood is going to keep housing values low and injecting a handful of middle class whites into the neighborhood isn't going to mitigate the negative economic effects of dilapidation and crime anymore than having working class or lower middle class blacks on the fringes of the ghetto (which many already are), nevermind the fact that most of the "liberal white kids" you keep referring to won't be able to afford a home straight out of high school or while in college. Just a silly proposition all together
They can certainly afford homes in those areas. The home values there are insanely low, and often a residence can be purchased for the cost of the back taxes.

You call "diluting the ghetto" a silly proposition, then, 7 posts later state that they must be "decentralized...disbursed into less segregated areas". Is it a language barrier?
Old 9th June 2020, 06:16 AM   #68
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

No. Besides being completely immoral and unfeasible a major weakness with the idea of white ethnostates is theyre dependent on the notion of purity and whiteness. The moment whites get their ethno state, ethnostaters will "otherize" certain white ethnic groups that arent quite white enough.

Turks, Jews (been there done that), Armenians, ect, that identify as white will be not quite white enough and will become inhabitants of the next ethnic ghetto and suddenly not white at all. You get crime and disorder and the ethnostaters will blame their failed experiment on non-white infiltration by the Turks (or the Jews..or whatever boogie man you want to create).

This will especially happen when you introduce a culture or language foreign to the broader population, you get a xenophobic reaction since the ethnostate culture is predicated on xenophobia and otherization. It just...won't..work.
Good point.
And really, give any group of people enough time, they'll eventually find a reason to go divide and go to war.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2020, 07:34 AM   #69
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

They can certainly afford homes in those areas. The home values there are insanely low, and often a residence can be purchased for the cost of the back taxes.
Most college aged kids (assuming most of the young people are in that age bracket) are saddled with student debt they cant pay off and are lucky to have any savings at all. Not sure what world you're living in

Quote:
You call "diluting the ghetto" a silly proposition, then, 7 posts later state that they must be "decentralized...disbursed into less segregated areas". Is it a language barrier?
These are two completely different concepts. Decentralization requires out-migration to reduce the population density and the high concentration of perpetually disadvantaged people. Basically the same process italians or Irish went through after being confined in ethnically homogeneous slums.

Your idea of peppering a few white families throughout doesnt solve the problem of centralization and high concentration of blacks being consolidated to very specific neighborhoods.
Old 9th June 2020, 07:50 AM   #70
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, how long would it be before an all-white ethnostate founded on racism reintroduced the idea of Aryan purity? I hope anybody fantasising about living in one has blonde hair and blue eyes, and that everybody they care about does, too. I'm not sure their impurities would be welcome for long, otherwise.
Old 9th June 2020, 09:14 AM   #71
Lithrael
Graduate Poster

Yeah, how quickly they forget the gross caricature posters of Slavs etc next to the other propaganda posters of strong jawed high cheekboned straight pointy nosed blonde fellas looking all dapper while working hard for their proud ethnostate.
Lithrael is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2020, 09:20 AM   #72
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

I live in such an area, and I'm not sure what you've said is correct. There are a lot of problems that a bunch of white college kids (like me, technically) moving in are not going to fix. It's a health food desert, there's drugs everywhere, the buildings are poorly maintained, and quite frankly, it's dangerous. The city needs to do something if they want it to be more livable, I think.

EDIT: Also, I have to say, it REALLY isn't a black/white thing. This area is predominantly black, but there are tons of white people. It's an issue of economic disparity. It's a very poor area, and sadly (as we all know) poverty currently affects black people disproportionately. The crime is mostly a result of the drugs, and the drugs are a result of people being ******* miserable. It's not their fault, and I certainly don't blame color. I just wanted to clarify, because when I re-read my post, I became fearful that it could be misinterpreted.

Last edited by Butter!; 9th June 2020 at 09:23 AM.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2020, 09:36 AM   #73
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
Actually, that was a reason for abolishing slavery. Continuing to import Africans would lead to their numbers spiraling out of control. The danger that would represent was one of the reasons Abraham Lincoln thought slavery should be abolished and the free slaves sent back to Africa.
Okay, I seriously can't take reading crap like this anymore. "Import Africans," like they're products, look at your language. "Numbers spiraling out of control." You're talking about kidnapped people. What has happened to you in your life that you have no problem thinking this way? Pride drips from your ugly comments. It's honestly scary to me.

Every time I enter a race or sex thread, I regret it so deeply, and usually so immediately.

EDIT: Welcome to Ignoresville, thread!

Last edited by Butter!; 9th June 2020 at 09:39 AM.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2020, 11:41 AM   #74
Distracted1
Illuminator

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
I live in such an area, and I'm not sure what you've said is correct. There are a lot of problems that a bunch of white college kids (like me, technically) moving in are not going to fix. It's a health food desert, there's drugs everywhere, the buildings are poorly maintained, and quite frankly, it's dangerous. The city needs to do something if they want it to be more livable, I think.

EDIT: Also, I have to say, it REALLY isn't a black/white thing. This area is predominantly black, but there are tons of white people. It's an issue of economic disparity. It's a very poor area, and sadly (as we all know) poverty currently affects black people disproportionately. The crime is mostly a result of the drugs, and the drugs are a result of people being ******* miserable. It's not their fault, and I certainly don't blame color. I just wanted to clarify, because when I re-read my post, I became fearful that it could be misinterpreted.
College kids-no.
College is a transient situation, college kids are generally temporary and as such care little about their environs.
Young white people with reasonable incomes-yes.
Businesses follow the money (including grocery stores)
Crimes that affect young white professionals draw police attention.
The streets department responds faster, and with greater efficacy to complaints put in by professional white people who have a good understanding of how to demand results.
Working class and professional people have more disposable income to invest in upgrading their property.
Look at some recent studies done. When the influx occurs-the neighborhood benefits.
Old 9th June 2020, 11:50 AM   #75
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Yes, how long would it be before an all-white ethnostate founded on racism reintroduced the idea of Aryan purity?
Some people already do that.
Old 9th June 2020, 05:27 PM   #76
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
I think that the Mandella Effect must be real in your world. Lincoln didn't think that Blacks should be sent back to Africa because Blacks were dangerous, but rather he thought that they should leave the US because he believed that Whites would be so hostile to the Freed slaves that they would always be in danger and could never gain peace and prosperity while in the US. One could give him points there for his prescience.

You are also incorrect as to the reasons for Emancipation. The issue that faced Lincoln was that large numbers of Blacks were moving north after either being freed from plantations, or simply escaping to behind Union lines. Lincoln realised that it would be hard to house and find employment for such numbers, and so decided to fully side with the Abolitionists for Military tactical reasons. The major two reasons were to undercut the South's reliance on slavery by creating a way for slaves to become free and thus creating a enticement for slaves to escape the South and weaken their economy and production further, and secondly, it gave him the ability to recruit those freed slaves into the Union ranks, thus boosting the size of the Union Military. Both of these things he determined would help to end the rebellion faster and allow for the resettlement of the freed slaves, thus taking the pressure of the North's infrastructure.

None of Lincoln's actions had to do with fear of blacks.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 9th June 2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old 9th June 2020, 06:22 PM   #77
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Yes, how long would it be before an all-white ethnostate founded on racism reintroduced the idea of Aryan purity? I hope anybody fantasising about living in one has blonde hair and blue eyes, and that everybody they care about does, too. I'm not sure their impurities would be welcome for long, otherwise.
Originally Posted by Lithrael View Post
Yeah, how quickly they forget the gross caricature posters of Slavs etc next to the other propaganda posters of strong jawed high cheekboned straight pointy nosed blonde fellas looking all dapper while working hard for their proud ethnostate.
Yep.. It'll be nazi Germany all over again where whiteness is very exclusive and you must prove your whiteness or else. Any swarthy Europeans better run for their lives.

College kids-no.
College is a transient situation, college kids are generally temporary and as such care little about their environs.
Young white people with reasonable incomes-yes.
Businesses follow the money (including grocery stores)
Crimes that affect young white professionals draw police attention.
The streets department responds faster, and with greater efficacy to complaints put in by professional white people who have a good understanding of how to demand results.

Working class and professional people have more disposable income to invest in upgrading their property.
Look at some recent studies done. When the influx occurs-the neighborhood benefits.
This is ridiculous. So young white professionals need to serve themselves up as sacrifice to criminals for the supposed benefit of the black community??

What a great idea. Young white profressionals being victimized in black ghettos would definitely improve the police-community relationship.
Old 9th June 2020, 06:32 PM   #78
Distracted1
Illuminator

Yep.. It'll be nazi Germany all over again where whiteness is very exclusive and you must prove your whiteness or else. Any swarthy Europeans better run for their lives.

This is ridiculous. So young white professionals need to serve themselves up as sacrifice to criminals for the supposed benefit of the black community??

What a great idea. Young white profressionals being victimized in black ghettos would definitely improve the police-community relationship.
Are you suggesting that no one should be offered up as a sacrifice to criminals for the "supposed" benefit of the black community?

Why do you think they would automatically be victimized?

Interesting. However,
FWIW. Gentrification has been occurring fairly frequently throughout the nation for a while now without widespread "serving themselves up as sacrifices to criminals"
Old 9th June 2020, 08:48 PM   #79
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Are you suggesting that no one should be offered up as a sacrifice to criminals for the "supposed" benefit of the black community?
Yes. That's exactly what i'm saying.

Quote:
Why do you think they would automatically be victimized?
Can you stop hand waving please? You alluded to one of the benefits of white professionals occupying ghettos being a faster police response. A police response requires victimization no?

Quote:
Interesting. However,
FWIW. Gentrification has been occurring fairly frequently throughout the nation for a while now without widespread "serving themselves up as sacrifices to criminals"
Transforming impoverished black neighborhoods into middle class white neighborhoods isn't the solution to ghettoization.
Old 9th June 2020, 09:31 PM   #80
tanabear
Critical Thinker

It seems in the midst of any racially contentious event many love to trot out black crime statistics as a device to dog whistle to racist without providing a solution or explanation so let me explain. First it needs to be said, to attribute crime in black communities to nothing but poverty (as many do) is doing a huge disservice to the complexity and origin of this problem.
This is true. But the problem with the modern Left is that it is a hermetically sealed ideology that prevents any feedback from reality from intruding upon its sacred beliefs. Any intellectual or practical system needs feedback from reality to adapt; trial and error/tinkering is how one comes to understand the world.

Let's be clear, these high crime communities represent the direct pipeline from slavery, to Jim crow, to ghettoization (and yes that's a real sociological term)
It seems that the further we get away from Slavery and Jim Crow the more important a role they play in explaining the condition of blacks in America today. Yet, everything that has happened in our country since the 1960s is off limits for discussion somehow. Is it possible that social policies since the 1960s could in some way explain the condition of blacks today?

If Jim Crow, racial discrimination and lack of social programs cause high black crime rates then why did the black crime rate go down in the 1940s and 1950s, then soar in the 1960s during the Civil Rights era? As Thomas Sowell wrote,

"But the hard fact is that the murder rate in the country as a whole was going down during those very decades when social problems in the slums were supposedly being neglected. Homicide rates among black males went down by 18 percent in the 1940s and by 22 percent in the 1950s. It was in the 1960s, when the ideas of Chief Justice Warren and others triumphed, that this long decline in homicide rates among black males reversed and skyrocketed by 89 percent, wiping out all the progress of the previous 20 years."

The murder rate in America doubled between 1964 and 1974. The crime and murder rate stayed high until heavy incarceration began in the 1990s.

The war being waged was fought mostly in impoverished black communities and the casualties of this "war" weren't/aren't attributed to a failed, broken, racially biased system but are wrongly attributed to failures In character and black culture.
If high crime rates are a legacy of Slavery, Jim Crow, the war on drugs etc, then why is there a large difference in criminality between black children from single parent families vs. those from stable married two-parent families? Both could have experienced the same legacy of slavery, discrimination and prejudice. Yet, blacks from married families don't seem as criminally prone as their illegitimate counterparts.

As Larry Elder said,

ďThe number one problem domestically facing this country is the breakdown of the family, and President Obama said it, I didnít. A kid raised without a dad is five times more likely to be poor and commit crimes; nine times more likely to drop out of school; and 20 times more likely to end up in jail[

The black illegitimacy rate soared in the 1960s with the advent of the welfare state along with the crime rate. The condition of black America today is a Legacy of Liberalism, not slavery.

Let's be clear, this phenomenon is a legacy/vestige of jim crow America and as long as we believe we can beat, arrest and imprison the problem away, nothing will change.
Liberalism is a snake-oil ideology.

Undesired Walrus: "Why, Ron, Mark mentioned this on your very own show!"
tanabear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events