ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , rejected , mdc , julli henning , challenge application

Old 28th March 2005, 01:33 PM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

JULLI HENNING, Speaks without Speaking

To whom it may Concern,

I, Julli Ann Henning, can demonstrate that I have a form of telepathy - not clairvoyance. I can not see objects that are hidden from my eyes. Rather, I have a gift that allows me to "speak" to people telepathically. I cannot, repeat CANNOT hear or know what people are thinking. However, my gift can allow me to "project" my thoughts into another person's mind.

Unfortunately, I cannot "make" anyone admit they have heard me telepathically.

For the demonstration purposes, I would need a handful of people in a quiet room. I would need to speak to them each for about a half an hour. If any one of those people "heard" me, then, by my standards, it (I) would be a success.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

-Julli Henning

============================================

Dear Ms. Henning,

Thank you for submitting your JREF Challenge application.

If you have an email address through which we might correspond, that would certainly serve to expedite matters.

In the meantime, we need you to clarify what it is that you propose to do as a demonstration of your claim. Your letter tells us many things that you CANNOT do. That is of no interest to us.

Please tell us only what you CAN do, and how you propose to demonstrate it. Be as clear and as concise as you can be, and your application will be quickly processed.

-Kramer, JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.

=============================================

Although what she is claiming is fairly clear, much needs to be clarified regarding her proposed protocol. Her response will tell us how to proceed.
Old 2nd April 2005, 08:52 AM   #2
KRAMER

A Request from JREF

Dear Mr. Kramer,
I hope you'll excuse the harried letter that I sent earlier. I will try to be as precise as possible considering the talents I have so there will be no further questions as to what I can do, as opposed to what I cannot do.
I can, for whatever reason, communicate to other people my thoughts solely with my mind. I believe that a demonstration would require only two people (I would not need to know them before hand). I would require to have a few moments with them, to set myself at ease with them. I would prefer that the two people not be affliated with jref, but if that's what you would feel comfortable than that would be fine.
I have given some thoughts to what would constitute a success. I believe that if an
written and established set of words, one per person, given to me. I could be 'psychically' give the people those words telepathically. Of course, the two people would have no
knowledge of the words before hand.
I'm sure The James Randi Foundation and I could agree on the words and any other possible scenerio as I'm sure I have not thought of everything with this challenge.
Thank you so much for your very prompt reply and I'm looking forward to any further correspondence.

Sincerely, Julli A. Henning

Dear Ms. Henning,
Thank you for your reply. With claims such as these (which have consistently failed each and every test) we ask the applicant to submit 3 notarized affadavits from 3 professionals (doctors, lawyers, professors, etc - no housewives, barbers, or dishwashers, please) who have experienced this phenomenon and can provide no reasonable explanation for it. They must state such in their affadavit. Once we receive that,. we will accept your claim and proceed to the task of establishing a mutually agreeable test protocol.
Old 19th April 2005, 07:51 AM   #3
KRAMER

Surprised? I'm not -

Hello,

I was wondering if I was still in consideration for the challenge. I'm assuming nobody has won yet and would still like to try to come down

to Ft. Lauderdale to see if I can prove my 'ability' to you. I haven't heard from you in a while and was just wondering what may be happening.

I would really appreciate if I knew where my application was with the James Randi foundation. thanks so much.

Sincerely,

Julli A. Henning

Dear Ms. Henning,

My previous email of April 2nd clearly outlined what you needed to do next.

The application process is stalled until you address those issues.

-Kramer, JREF

p.s. Please address all future correspondence to me at this email address. Sending your emails to the JREF general email box only slows things down further.
Old 20th April 2005, 05:57 AM   #4
KRAMER

Kramer,
My deepest apologies for any misunderstandings. If you wouldn't mind, and aren't too busy, could you email what it was I needed to do next. My understanding was that I needed to present to you what I would need to prove my ability, and I believe I emailed to you what I needed and how it should go. But, to clear the air so to speak, I'll reiterate. I'll need two honest people to give a half an hour (at most) to the session. Since my talent is "projecting" my thoughts, I'll simply have to prove I can do that. I don't want to go out on a limb here, but I'll continue anyway. I'll need to talk with the subjects for a little bit, and you are more than welcome to choose whoever you want to be the subjects, and after we all get acquainted the subjects can sit in the same room with me and I will 'do my thing' by asking with my mental ability, you can tape my mouth shut if that's what you'd like. Anyways, I'll ask them to write down the same words I will be writing down on my paper. Two or three words at most. I think that sounds like a fair challenge. If they write down the same words as me, then I suppose I'll have won the preliminary part of the contest. I know you asked for a detailed description of what psychic abilities every contestant has, and mine is very simple and easy to prove.

I hope that this email will clear up any further misunderstandings and misgivings. If this email doesn't clear up everything that I need to, I hope you'll email me and list what I have missed. Thanks so much.

=============================================

Dear Ms. Henning,

As per my email to you of April 2, 2005...you need to submit three (3) notarized affadavits from "3rd parties" who are professional individuals (doctors, executives, managers, lawyers, town/city officials - no dishwashers, burger king cashiers, janitors, etc.) who have experienced the phenomenon you claim and can offer no reasonable explanation for it. The reason for this requirement is that no one has ever been able to prove a claim such as this, and for us to put the extensive time and effort needed into negotiating a test protocol with you and then setting up a test, we need to have independent verification that something unexplainable is actually taking place - "independent", in this case, means testimony from someone other than a personal friend who would support your claim based solely upon their friendship with you. So, you do have some work to do before we can accept your claim for testing. You need to get out there and demonstrate your ability to three persons who will write and sign affadavits attesting to your ability.

As we have had hundreds of similar claims that were never verified under controlled conditions, we consider this to be the starting point for all such claims. I hope this clarifies what is needed in order for us to proceed with this matter.
Old 25th April 2005, 12:50 PM   #5
KRAMER

Kramer,

That sounds fair enough, as I have already had several doctors and nurses, even a therapist 'reply' to me all in regards to my psychic ability, one even in an odd way, but I have to level with you, even though the people that did 'hear' me and respond to me I doubt very seriously that any one of them would want to have their name in any way associated with me or my ability. Just because I will have trouble getting people to 'vouch' for something they themselves are afraid of and want no part of. I don't see how this can possibly be a necessary requirement. I will try to find 3 such persons to vouch for me, although it seems a bit hen-peckish. And while I look for three professionals that will lend their name to this, I hope you'll consider that I am telling the truth about my claim and that realistically, I probably won't find three people that will want to be in any way associated with this. Please reconsider.

==========================================

Sorry, Julie.

We will not reconsider. If you wish to proceed, you must comply with our request for 3 afadavits.

-Kramer, JREF
Old 2nd June 2005, 12:52 PM   #6
KRAMER

FILE CLOSED

Dear Ms. Henning,

As we have not heard from you since our request for 3 notarized affadavits, we are now closing your file.

Please feel free to re-apply in one year, if you can meet our requirements for the acceptance of your claim.

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications