ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags timed out , mdc , healing , challenge application

Old 19th April 2005, 12:42 PM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

WARREN WARD, WEIRD

This claim came in on July 16, 2004.

==============================================

I will provide oral tablets containing 25mg of sodium chloride, with normal tablet making excipients Dibasic Calcium Phosphate Dehydrate PhEur, MAgnesium Stearate BP, Talc, purified BP. The tablets will be coated in a waterproof coating sifficiently thick to insure that the tablets will not dissolve or disintegrate in the human body. The tablets cab ne recovered intact from the faeces if required. I will supply as many tablets as are required for testing including random integrity testing that the tablets are as described. The tablets will also contain the red dye Amaranth to further demonstrate that there is no leakage.

I will hold these tablets and concentrate and imagine what they will do and then pass them to or mail them to the tester. If the tablets are taken by a person with uncomplicated essential hypertension classified as High, Mild, Moderate or Severe, their blood pressure will be reduced by signalling each day until after 21 days their blood pressure is normal, according to WHO classification, or below. Their blood pressure will then remain normal or below for at least another 21 days with no further tablets. I do not need to be present during the testing. I do not need to know who the test subjects are. Both the UK and US government medical authorities are agreed that intake of sodium chloride raises, not lowers, blood pressure. I can provide exasctly the same tablets using the signalling method for uncomplicated atopic eczema treatment also.

- Warren Ward

=============================================

Dear Mr. Ward,

Thank you for submitting a duly notarized JREF Challenge application. We accept your claim and ask you to make contact with out associate in the UK Mr. Tony Youens to negotiate an acceptable test protocol. Good Luck with your claim.

-Kramer, JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.

============================================

To post the entire Youens-Ward correspondence here would be lengthy and rather pointless, as the applicant eventually vanished after realizing the stringency of the controls that would need to be in place for the test.

And so it goes.
Old 3rd June 2005, 09:35 AM   #2
KRAMER

From Tony Youens, UK Investigator (3.22.05)

Hello Kramer,

The last email I rec'd from Mr. Ward was 7/9/04...we never actually came up with an acceptable test at the time and everything went quiet. The basic requirements of his test were, in my view, somewhat impractical as well as medically unethical. Perhaps he could send details of how he has tested this ability in the past?

-Tony Youens
Old 3rd June 2005, 09:38 AM   #3
KRAMER

Email sent to Applicant 4.19.05

Dear Mr. Ward,

As we have not heard from you since August 2004 and your correspondence with our associate Tony Youens was terminated by you, we must assume that you have lost all interest in pursuing the legitimate testing of your paranormal claim and abandoned your desire to win the Million Dollar prize we offer.

Unless we hear otherwise from you within a reasonable period of time, we will close your file accordingly.

-Kramer, JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.
Old 3rd June 2005, 09:47 AM   #4
KRAMER

FILE CLOSED (6.3.05)

Dear Mr. Ward,

Regarding the application you submitted to us for the JREF Paranormal Challenge, this is to inform you that your file has now been closed. You are free to re-apply in 12 months if you feel that you can arrive at a test protocol that would be acceptable to both parties.

Yours,

Kramer, JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications