ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th March 2019, 06:07 AM   #841
ahhell
Master Poster

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Depending on the definition of what constitutes "harm", of course. I don't think very many people are nailing others to crosses against their will.
Originally Posted by ynot View Post
Do you really think that nailing an immortal son of a God that can perform magic and miracles would actually cause that son/god any harm? Hell, the guy wasn’t even adversely affected by death. And given it was the will of this God to have his son sacrificed in the first place, then it couldn't have been “against their will” in the slightest. Exactly the opposite in fact.

If you believe the silly JC fantasy myth has any basis in reality, are you still claiming to be an atheist?
Your apparent cognitive dissonance isn't my problem.

Practically the definition of a non sequitur.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 10:52 AM   #842
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Do you really think that nailing an immortal son of a God that can perform magic and miracles would actually cause that son/god any harm? Hell, the guy wasn’t even adversely affected by death. And given it was the will of this God to have his son sacrificed in the first place, then it couldn't have been “against their will” in the slightest. Exactly the opposite in fact.

If you believe the silly JC fantasy myth has any basis in reality, are you still claiming to be an atheist?
Um, in rural Mexico and the Philippines many people undergo actual crucifixion as part the the "Passion Play", you can search for it.
If I remember there are usually three a year in Mexico, in the Philippines they sometimes crucify three people at a time
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar

Last edited by Dancing David; 12th March 2019 at 10:55 AM.
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 02:49 PM   #843
Thor 2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
Um, in rural Mexico and the Philippines many people undergo actual crucifixion as part the the "Passion Play", you can search for it.
If I remember there are usually three a year in Mexico, in the Philippines they sometimes crucify three people at a time

Yes we did touch on this a few pages back and the general consensus was, as I read it, that those being crucified willingly ....... were nutters.

Big money spinner for the towns were this all happens however. Ghouls and sickos from all over the World fly in to soak this **** up. I don't think I would like to rub shoulders with them.
Old 12th March 2019, 05:42 PM   #844
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Yeah, I'd get the heck out of dodge for that too.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 04:55 PM   #845
Thor 2
Philosopher

Well it's on again soon and it must be a big tourist event:

Quote:
Mayor Edwin Santiago of San Fernando, where San Pedro Cutud lies, said more than 400 police officers were deployed and first-aid stations set up to look after the huge crowds.

400 police officers!

I read the words of one who was there expressing her dismay and wishing they would stop it. I would have asked her "What are you doing here!"

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy