ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 31st March 2019, 01:02 PM   #1
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Jesus Rules Over All of Us

I have finally had the epiphany that has led me to understand that Jesus truly lived and came to this Earth to save all mankind, and the truth of the Bible. I am willing to go into great detail to explain how this all happened today of all days, if anyone is really interested. I have walked away from atheism

May he bless you all.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 01:09 PM   #2
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

No thanks. I'm good.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 01:09 PM   #3
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

He did a lousy job on my lawn last week
Old 31st March 2019, 01:16 PM   #4
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I have finally had the epiphany that has led me to understand that Jesus truly lived and came to this Earth to save all mankind...
From whom?
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 01:17 PM   #5
fromdownunder
Philosopher

From God herself.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 01:39 PM   #6
Thor 2
Philosopher

Strange that you had this revelation on April 1st.
Old 31st March 2019, 01:40 PM   #7
d4m10n
Illuminator

Dang, I forgot about the international date line.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 01:40 PM   #8
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Strange that you had this revelation on April 1st.
Not for another three hours.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 01:44 PM   #9
8enotto
Graduate Poster

Is life more meaningful and complete now that you have been enlightened?

How so?
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 01:54 PM   #10
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Is life more meaningful and complete now that you have been enlightened?

How so?

I no longer bother with earthly calendrics, hence my contempt for the above comment that the date here has anything to do with my Road to Damascus conversion.

I think I will change my name to Paul. Well, I'll think about it.

Norm

Old 31st March 2019, 02:09 PM   #11
p0lka
Graduate Poster

I have finally had the epiphany that has led me to understand that Jesus truly lived and came to this Earth to save all mankind, and the truth of the Bible. I am willing to go into great detail to explain how this all happened today of all days, if anyone is really interested. I have walked away from atheism

May he bless you all.

Norm
I just started a replay of vampire the masquarade: bloodlines, as a malkavian.
So in the spirit of that..

'your tongue is craving the worms wriggling, free them and divulge your lessons to we'
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 02:13 PM   #12
Thor 2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Not for another three hours.
Something just comes to mind. How do the Flat Earthers deal with the different time zone question?
Old 31st March 2019, 02:19 PM   #13
Thor 2
Philosopher

I no longer bother with earthly calendrics, hence my contempt for the above comment that the date here has anything to do with my Road to Damascus conversion.

Norm

Well then Norm (or is it Paul now?) hallelujah then! Please give us the lengthy explanation so we all may have a chance to experience a conversion also.
Old 31st March 2019, 02:33 PM   #14
8enotto
Graduate Poster

Norm
You have rejected earthly desires now understanding better what comes after?

My dad did that. He said it made him feel more complete for being on the straight and narrow path.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 02:44 PM   #15
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

May he bless you all.

Norm
Can you ask him to fix my auto-immune disease, thanks.
Old 31st March 2019, 02:51 PM   #16
fromdownunder
Philosopher

As I was on my journey to the bathroom, I slipped, and brushed an object on the wall. A light suddenly flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice mumble something like , "mumble, mumble, mumble"

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am mumble mumble, mumble", he replied. Now get up and go into the toilet, and you will be told what you must do." I took it as a sign.

I laid there there speechless after hearing the sound but did not see anyone. I got up from the floor, but when I opened my eyes I could see nothing. So I went blinded into the bathroom, and peed all over the floor. For three days afterward I was blind, and did not eat because the stove was invisible to me, but fortunately I knew where the beer was and was able to drink non stop for three days, and my conversion was complete.

Thus this is how the Lord came to me, and my love of God, and Carlton Draft.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 31st March 2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 31st March 2019, 02:55 PM   #17
p0lka
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Which of the attacking oneself afflictions, is the affliction? I have many.

Last edited by p0lka; 31st March 2019 at 02:56 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 02:56 PM   #18
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
You have rejected earthly desires now understanding better what comes after?

Pretty much, yes. After all, there's got to be a morning after.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 31st March 2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 31st March 2019, 02:58 PM   #19
fromdownunder
Philosopher

I did, and he answered. Prayers are always answered. In this particular case, "no".

Norm

Old 31st March 2019, 03:02 PM   #20
8enotto
Graduate Poster

Praise God and pass me a Carlton?
Old 31st March 2019, 03:20 PM   #21
The Big Dog

That is certainly blessed news.

Let us give glory to the Father
Through the Son
In the Holy Spirit,
For God has made us his people, his Church,
And calls us to sing his praises.

All honour and glory and thanks are his,
And praise and worship belong to him.
To God be glory in his Church
For ever and ever!

Amen!

Hallelujah hallelujah!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 03:33 PM   #22
Thor 2
Philosopher

Now you are one of there faithful Norm I hope you stick around, so you can give us some honest input. Honest input is something severely lacking, from our sparse number of existing theist posters.
Old 31st March 2019, 03:58 PM   #23
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Carlton Draft? Must have been Satan.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 03:59 PM   #24
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Carlton Draft? Must have been Satan.

Well, it's better than Fosters.

Norm

Old 31st March 2019, 04:19 PM   #25
p0lka
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
That is certainly blessed news.

Let us give glory to the Father
Through the Son
In the Holy Spirit,
For God has made us his people, his Church,
And calls us to sing his praises.

All honour and glory and thanks are his,
And praise and worship belong to him.
To God be glory in his Church
For ever and ever!

Amen!

Hallelujah hallelujah!
Does the church succur you? you might be twice divided.
Old 31st March 2019, 04:22 PM   #26
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
Which of the attacking oneself afflictions, is the affliction? I have many.
I am the only person on the planet that has this weird problem if internet and PubMed searches are an indicator. My immune system is attacking my entire mouth: tongue, lips, gums, palate, a bit of my throat, and a tiny bit of my left eye.

It doesn't fit all the other diseases like lupus and RA but I have little bits of those too from arthritis to a butterfly face rash.

Which do you have?

I thought since mine is rare it must be special, just the kind of thing Jesus is into healing.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 31st March 2019 at 04:23 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 04:22 PM   #27
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Does the church succur sucker you? you might be twice divided.
FTFY

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 04:25 PM   #28
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I did, and he answered. Prayers are always answered. In this particular case, "no".

Norm
Well, guess I'll wander over to a Wiccan forum and see if Beelzebub is interested.
Old 31st March 2019, 06:42 PM   #29
p0lka
Graduate Poster

I am the only person on the planet that has this weird problem if internet and PubMed searches are an indicator. My immune system is attacking my entire mouth: tongue, lips, gums, palate, a bit of my throat, and a tiny bit of my left eye.

It doesn't fit all the other diseases like lupus and RA but I have little bits of those too from arthritis to a butterfly face rash.

Which do you have?

I thought since mine is rare it must be special, just the kind of thing Jesus is into healing.
I just googled autoimmune and blisters in mouth, lips etc and there are some results for particular conditions, it might be worth looking into.

My autoimmune shenanigans are type 1 diabetes (body wiped out my insulin gland in my pancreas), hypothyroidism (body wiped out my thyroid gland) and my skin melts, bubbles or blisters when I wear a metal watch/metal belt/metal anything that touches my skin.
I don't think my body particularly likes me that much

EDIT:
and whoosh... my brain doesn't help me that much either.

Last edited by p0lka; 31st March 2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 31st March 2019, 06:51 PM   #30
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Well, it's better than Fosters.

Norm
Even Satan wouldn't inflict that on anyone!
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 06:53 PM   #31
Athyrio
Graduate Poster

I think I will change my name to Paul.

Such things occur on that road to Dumbasscus.
Athyrio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 07:02 PM   #32
Marcus
Illuminator

Which do you have?

Maybe if you ask real nice, Jesus will make you a zombie like him. You have to die first though, after that I hear it takes 3 days.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 07:19 PM   #33
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I just googled autoimmune and blisters in mouth, lips etc and there are some results for particular conditions, it might be worth looking into.

My autoimmune shenanigans are type 1 diabetes (body wiped out my insulin gland in my pancreas), hypothyroidism (body wiped out my thyroid gland) and my skin melts, bubbles or blisters when I wear a metal watch/metal belt/metal anything that touches my skin.
I don't think my body particularly likes me that much
Bummer.

Not a sidetrack because Jesus Saves! But in case some people don't want the TMI:
You and 5 specialists who thought it was something simple turned out to be wrong.
It's not geographic tongue
It's not burning mouth syndrome
It's not oral Crohns
It's not a vitamin D or folic acid deficiency
There are no blisters involved
My lips are constantly swollen and chapped
The biopsies show ulcerative mucositis but I don't have typical ulcers
When I'm not on prednisone my tongue gets bald and anything solid makes me gag

It's simply not in the medical literature. Believe me, I still keep looking.
Old 31st March 2019, 08:14 PM   #34
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Myles View Post
Such things occur on that road to Dumbasscus.
I was once on the road to Dimboola. Not much happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 08:41 PM   #35
Athyrio
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Iíve read the brochures and you are correct.
Athyrio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 11:26 PM   #36
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Have you been to Kickatinalong?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 01:11 AM   #37
Dabop
Muse

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Even Satan wouldn't inflict that on anyone!
But he did allow XXXX to exist...

He's got a LOT to answer for

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 01:37 AM   #38
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by lionking View Post

What a coincidence. I almost saw a Movie called Dimboola once

Old 1st April 2019, 01:39 AM   #39
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Have you been to Kickatinalong?

But have you been to Been to Tullamore, Seymour, Lismore, Mooloolaba, Nambour, Maroochydore, Kilmore, Murwillumbah, Birdsville, Emmaville, Wallaville, Cunnamulla, Condamine, Strathpine, Proserpine, Ulladulla, Darwin, Gin Gin, Deniliquin, Muckadilla, Wallumbilla, Boggabilla, Kumbarilla.

Norm

Old 1st April 2019, 02:40 AM   #40
Dabop
Muse

Yes,no,yes,yes,yes,yes,no,yes,yes,no,no,no,yes,yes ,yes,yes,yes,yes,no,no,yes,no
(And lived in three of them to boot)

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin

Last edited by Dabop; 1st April 2019 at 02:41 AM.
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy