ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Allais Effect , Dark Flow , relativity , Theory of Relativity

Old 23rd May 2018, 08:27 AM   #2681
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
So let me get this straight.

You have no testable/verifiable equations because "we just don't know the full magnitude of any of these" nor do you know if there are any other "contributions" that could play a part in figuring things out. Yet here you are arguing about how right you are based on these untestable, unverifiable equations and all the possible "unknown contributions" that you have no clue about or if they even exist.

I should write a white paper on how adding unicorn feces to your gasoline improves your car's gas mileage and base it on a bunch of made up, unverifiable information.

I suggest you replace the oxygen in the fuel injector with Unicorn Farts to supplement the unicorn feces. That'll be about as productive as trying to get Bjarne to produce something resembling a coherent, testable theory.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:50 AM   #2682
Gamolon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
I suggest you replace the oxygen in the fuel injector with Unicorn Farts to supplement the unicorn feces. That'll be about as productive as trying to get Bjarne to produce something resembling a coherent, testable theory.
Gamolon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:41 AM   #2683
Bjarne
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
So let me get this straight.

You have no testable/verifiable equations because "we just don't know the full magnitude of any of these" nor do you know if there are any other "contributions" that could play a part in figuring things out. Yet here you are arguing about how right you are based on these untestable, unverifiable equations and all the possible "unknown contributions" that you have no clue about or if they even exist.
Take it or leave it, the universe is BIG we are SMALL.
Small people must take small steps, otherwise you will end us as all the other mad circus you have in cosmology.
Rom was not drunk on one day, take it easy fellow..

Quote:
I should write a white paper on how adding unicorn feces to your gasoline improves your car's gas mileage and base it on a bunch of made up, unverifiable information.
The universe is also a bit larger as your car and the gasoline in the gas tank.
Live with it, you can not get all of the universe into a lab at the same time..
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:50 AM   #2684
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
As you offer NO testable hypotheses we are forced to leave it.

Why do you bother? Why do you keep wanking on about your physics themed fantasy when you have jack squat to offer beyond your hubris, ego, and demonstrable ignorance of real science?

What motivates your quixotic quest to win over SOMEONE?
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:37 AM   #2685
Gamolon
Master Poster

Small people must take small steps, otherwise you will end us as all the other mad circus you have in cosmology.

Between your poor English (I mean that in the nicest way possible) and your inability to provide any solid/coherent equations/explanations for your claims, it's really difficult, for me at least, to follow along with anything you're saying let alone agree with you.
Gamolon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:45 AM   #2686
Gamolon
Master Poster

Right.

You can't even supply a verifiable equation for figuring out the absolute/true speed of any object let alone anything else you claim, but that doesn't stop you from preaching that your claims are 100% correct and everyone else is wrong does it?

"I, Bjarne, am 100% correct about my claims even though they are based on unknowns and assumptions..."

What arrogance on your part.
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:56 AM   #2687
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

If that is the case, then I choose to leave your nonsense that you have continually failed to support in any real way.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:34 AM   #2688
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
If that is the case, then I choose to leave your nonsense that you have continually failed to support in any real way.
At this point Bjarne has admitted defeat. He simply cannot support his claims and he is, yet again, refusing to do so. He admits that it is not possible to prove his claims. He's not trying to change science, he's trying to start a cult where he is the guru.
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:57 AM   #2689
Crossbow

At this point Bjarne has admitted defeat. He simply cannot support his claims and he is, yet again, refusing to do so. He admits that it is not possible to prove his claims. He's not trying to change science, he's trying to start a cult where he is the guru.
Indeed so!

I expect that is why talking to sense to him is about as useful as trying to talk sensibly about evolution with a creationist.

Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 05:39 PM   #2690
jonesdave116
Graduate Poster

We need to update the title of this thread. It is 2018 already. Nearly half way through it. Looks to me like Einstein was right. Do we remember the neutron star merger, back in the dark old days of 2017? Seems to me that every year that passes, GR just seems to get more validated. Weird that, eh?

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:06 PM   #2691
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
We need to update the title of this thread. It is 2018 already. Nearly half way through it. Looks to me like Einstein was right. Do we remember the neutron star merger, back in the dark old days of 2017? Seems to me that every year that passes, GR just seems to get more validated. Weird that, eh?
No way that was a neutron star merger. Bjarne will explain why shortly.
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:08 PM   #2692
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

We need to update the title of this thread. It is 2018 already.
If we go back to the rather deluded OP ("periodic galaxy collapses"!) on 3rd February 2016, the source of the title is a 2014 article about the PHARAO atomic space clock being scheduled to launch in 2016. Bjarne never bothered to see what had happened in the 2 years since the article was published.
ISS Utilization: ACES (Atomic Clock Ensemble in Space) / PHARAO has
Quote:
July 25, 2014: ESA has welcomed the arrival of PHARAO, an important part of ESA's atomic clock experiment that will be installed on a platform outside to ESA's Columbus Laboratory of the ISS (International Space Station) in 2017.
That is a year delay and now the schedule is for 2018.

The first pages have gems like:
"Gravitational waves are never detected and never will" (3rd February 2016) when: The first observation of gravitational waves was made on 14 September 2015 and was announced by the LIGO and Virgo collaborations on 11 February 2016.[3][4][5]

A "No rather 100 years massive provaganda / brainwash" delusion.

Linking to his crank web site containing more ignorant assertions and lies.
For example a list of 29 orbit "Anomalies and mysteries" and a lie that "the theory solves" them. He has effects that we have never detected moving Jupiter and Saturn around in the Solar System !
A "1. Abstract" page staring with the lie "Two aspects of science has been overlooked / ignored" because the obscure fantasies of an Internet crank are not known by the scientific community.
A "2. Anisotropic Acceleration" page lying about it being detected.
A "3. Allais Effect" with just a "The cause of the Allais Effect is solved, no doubt about it." lie.
A "4. Relativistic Resistance - (RR)" page of gibberish.
A non-functional Dark Matter item.
A "6. Orbit Dynamics" page with no actual orbit dynamics (just his RR/DFA fantasies).
A "7. Mercury's Perihelion Precession" lying about explaining it.
A "8. Space Probe Anomalies" page with no space probe anomalies listed or explained or matched.
A "9. The Nature of Space" page which is his fantasy of "stretched space"..
A "10. Gravitational Lensing" page that ignores gravitational lensing! All it has is cartoons and "We say that space is curving. But it make more sense to say that space is stretching." fantasies.
A "11. Relativity & The Universe" page that is gibberish ignoring relativity and the universe!
A "12. Dark Energy" with idiocy of "Unification of Gravity & Dark Energy" (GR already explains dark energy, his gibberish on that page does not) + actually insane gibberish of "The Expanding Space – Supernova’s and the BigBang. The Sun consumes / absorbs / contracts the elastic space-..."; a stupid supernova caused by "space tension" idea, Big Bang same as supernova, etc.
A "13. Quantum Mechanics" page with "Comming soon" - a hint of even more ignorant delusions about QM.
A "14. Magnetism" page is a list of delusions about magnetism, e.g. how a compass works, the solar wind, etc. A "We don’t know why magnetars and pulsars creates very strong magnetic fields" lie.

A "RR can easy explain the perihelion precision anomaly" lie when he links to a web page whose text is
"7. Mercury's Perihelion Precession
Relativistic Energy and Motion.
Different orbit inclination relative to the Dark Flow is causing different interaction with DFA, and therefore perihelion precession anomalies.
Therefore object that following orbits of the solar system is not completely following geodesic paths.
Read more in the book “Modified Theory of Relativity”"

Last edited by Reality Check; 23rd May 2018 at 07:03 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 07:27 PM   #2693
halleyscomet
Philosopher

It really should be called the “Bjarne humiliation thread.” At this point he’s been so repeatedly and thoroughly spanked I’m inclined to think he has a humiliation fetish and he’s using this forum to get his kicks. Even the average mentally ill and deluded person would have moved on to fresh pastures by now.

He has achieved NOTHING and is now admitting he has no evidence and he doesn’t know how to produce any.
Old 24th May 2018, 05:04 AM   #2694
Crossbow

It really should be called the “Bjarne humiliation thread.” At this point he’s been so repeatedly and thoroughly spanked I’m inclined to think he has a humiliation fetish and he’s using this forum to get his kicks. Even the average mentally ill and deluded person would have moved on to fresh pastures by now.

He has achieved NOTHING and is now admitting he has no evidence and he doesn’t know how to produce any.
Oh gee whiz!

That is so funny. And it is funny because it is funny and it is funny because it is true.

By the way 'Bjarne', there are some other good web sites where one can engage in various fetishes, so you may want to use them in the future as opposed to the Forum.

Old 24th May 2018, 09:10 AM   #2695
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Oh gee whiz!

That is so funny. And it is funny because it is funny and it is funny because it is true.
Thank you.

By the way 'Bjarne', there are some other good web sites where one can engage in various fetishes, so you may want to use them in the future as opposed to the Forum.
Warning to my fellow thread participants: If you find Bjarne's FetLife account, do NOT post it here. That would be DOXing. It would also violate the FetLife TOS and could get you punted there as well. We only know his full name because HE has provided it to us.
Old 24th May 2018, 09:56 AM   #2696
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

So...

...is it dead yet?

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 10:04 AM   #2697
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
So...

...is it dead yet?

Nope, just hiding from Bjarne.
Old 24th May 2018, 10:15 AM   #2698
halleyscomet
Philosopher

So...

...is it dead yet?

If Bjarne is smart the thread is dead.

Relativity however is alive and kicking. Bjarne's assault was about as effective as throwing a paper airplane with a 20 foot range at a tank that's 60 feet away.
Old 24th May 2018, 10:29 AM   #2699
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

If Bjarne is smart the thread is dead.

Relativity however is alive and kicking. Bjarne's assault was about as effective as throwing a paper airplane with a 20 foot range at a tank that's 60 feet away.
Man, you sure hand out credit easily.

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 10:36 AM   #2700
Bjarne
Illuminator

So...

...is it dead yet?

We will see who was brain dead
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 11:06 AM   #2701
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Exactly when?

Hans
Old 24th May 2018, 11:14 AM   #2702
halleyscomet
Philosopher

By definition, nobody participating in this thread is brain dead. Dead people don't type posts.
Old 24th May 2018, 11:21 AM   #2703
Crossbow

For you to see people who are brain dead, then do you have to observe them from a 180 degree angle in order to avoid the ASM problems?

Old 24th May 2018, 12:21 PM   #2704
halleyscomet
Philosopher

For you to see people who are brain dead, then do you have to observe them from a 180 degree angle in order to avoid the ASM problems?

If he sees dead people (because a brain dead person is just that, dead) then that discussion belongs in "Religion and Philosophy" not "Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology."

Bjarne. Do you see dead people???

Old 24th May 2018, 08:58 PM   #2705
Bjarne
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Exactly when?

Hans
You mean collective brain-death ?
Well I think is was in 1905 it happen
Old Yesterday, 02:20 AM   #2706
halleyscomet
Philosopher

The Theory of Relativity will begin to fall apart in 2016/2017 - Part II

That’s just like, your opinion man. You like, ADMIT you’ve got nothing to back that up but your own say-so, and since we know you know squat about physics, we know that your say-so is worthless.

Like, TOTALLY worthless man. A literal poop train has more value than your opinion on physics. The contents of the poop train can at least be processed into fertilizer.

Last edited by halleyscomet; Yesterday at 02:29 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM   #2707
steenkh
Philosopher

Bjarne always claim that physics do not know what spacetime is made of, as if that is so bad when he cannot tell us what his own stretched space is made of. But physicists do concern themselves with such things, and we can read about in a popularized article in the latest edition of Scientific American: What Is Spacetime?.

As mentioned in the article, the idea that spacetime is broken up in minute quanta is an idea that breaks with 2,500 years of scientific and philosophical understanding - an obvious rebuttal for the claim that scientists are brain-washed and unable to think new thoughts.

Bjarne's reaction, if he ever reads it, will of course be "rubbish", because he does not understand it.

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #2708
Crossbow

So, according to your fine logic, you are the only person in the entire world who has realized the truth about this situation in the past 113 years.

If you actually do believe in such a thing, then you are a very exceptional person.

After all, since 1905 there have been hundreds of thousands of people studying Relativity, and vast amounts of money spent studying and verifying the various aspects of Relativity.

Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM   #2709
halleyscomet
Philosopher

OMFG. I checked out the link to his personal site he posted ages back. He's selling a dead tree format copy of his asinine "theory" for 35 euros.

http://science27.com/product/modifie...of-relativity/
Quote:
Only a limit part of the book can be read free here at the site. If you want to read the full version you can buy the 69 pages book. Choose between Paperback shipped by mail or or Digital PDF send by Email
Sweet Jesus on a Pogo stick, the hubris! He's charging 35 euros for a 69 page book. Who is paying half a Euro per page to read it?

Bjarne, how many copies of that pamphlet have you actually sold?

Quote:
Bulk Product Offers
Min Buy Max Buy Offer
1 Qty. 10 Qty. 35 EUR Fixed Price
11 Qty. 50 Qty. 30 EUR Fixed Price
51 Qty. 100 Qty. 25 EUR Fixed Price
101 Qty. - 20 % Discount
Christ almighty. He's offering bulk discounts. Under what circumstances would ANYONE buy 101 copies of this nonsense??????

Last edited by halleyscomet; Yesterday at 07:37 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #2710
Crawtator
Thinker

School teachers that are interested in showing their students the problems involved with every possible logical fallacy, maybe?
Crawtator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #2711
crhkrebs
Muse

Sweet Jesus on a Pogo stick, the hubris! He's charging 35 euros for a 69 page book. Who is paying half a Euro per page to read it?
So if I cut and pasted all his comments on this thread and assembled them into a smaller pamphlet, could I sell them for.....oh let’s say ...15 euros?
crhkrebs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #2712
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by crhkrebs View Post
So if I cut and pasted all his comments on this thread and assembled them into a smaller pamphlet, could I sell them for.....oh let’s say ...15 euros?
Not if you wanted anyone to BUY it.

Besides there are some copyright issues you'd need to work out with the International Skeptics first.
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #2713
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Bulk Product Offers
Min Buy Max Buy Offer
1 Qty. 10 Qty. 35 EUR Fixed Price
11 Qty. 50 Qty. 30 EUR Fixed Price
51 Qty. 100 Qty. 25 EUR Fixed Price
101 Qty. - 20 % Discount
Christ almighty. He's offering bulk discounts. Under what circumstances would ANYONE buy 101 copies of this nonsense??????

...when they could buy two lots of 51 copies, throw one away, and save themselves 278 Euros.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:26 AM   #2714
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
...when they could buy two lots of 51 copies, throw one away, and save themselves 278 Euros.

Yet more proof that things go badly for Bjarne when people do the math.
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #2715
steenkh
Philosopher

Yet more proof that things go badly for Bjarne when people do the math.
Actually, in this case it could be that Bjarne has expected that his customers would not be able to do the math.

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:37 AM   #2716
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
Actually, in this case it could be that Bjarne has expected that his customers would not be able to do the math.

True. People who accept Bjarne at his word without double checking him get screwed.

That said, I suspect anyone stupid enough to buy that many copies of his religious rant are going to bad enough at math to fall for the pricing.
Old Today, 07:34 AM   #2717
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

I would assume that such numbers are entirely academical.

Hans
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #2718
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
I would assume that such numbers are entirely academical.

Hans

Good point. The entire discussion is predicted on the idea that someone, somewhere, actually BOUGHT the damm thing.

He’d do better listing it on Amazon as an ebook for $0.99 and occasionally doing a “free book”’promotion.
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #2719
Gamolon
Master Poster

Take your arrogance elsewhere.

All these people challenging what you say and you cannot provide one ounce of solid, mathematical proof, yet today think you are correct.

What a joke.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology