ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags immortality , logic

Old 22nd November 2017, 07:15 AM   #201
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Before Kumar arrived, who had even heard of A&F?
I still have no idea what it means. I skim through the Kumar threads and keep seeing it, and I tried to search for the origin of it both here and on Google and failed. I just haven't bothered asking because I got the impression it wouldn't really have much of an impact on Kumar's arguments - that almost anything could be swapped out for "A&F" and it would be equally wrong.
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 08:06 AM   #202
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SOdhner View Post
.. that almost anything could be swapped out for "A&F" and it would be equally wrong.
AF right.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 08:26 AM   #203
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Why you want to continue with non A&F? Yes, one attribute of nature is destruction but it does not mean, wé should prefer it to keep on processing. The way, you anticipate suggest, you do not want ultimate levels. Is it so?
Firstly, Kumar, my vote is for reality. Where did I say destruction is an attribute of nature? (Nature can be seen as having myriad attributes, none of which are under discussion here.) "Ultimate levels"? Just how in Tunket can there be levels to "ultimate"? Again, still, as ever, you make less than no sense at all.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 01:10 PM   #204
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Kumar, who, other than you, has demanded that anything should be "A&F"? Please answer the question, with links to the posts where they did it.
All índirectly. As I indicated. I have very good rémberance,

Kumar, you are lying. Nobody has demanded that anything should be "A&F". That's why, despite your "very good rémberance", you are completely unable to link to posts where they have.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 06:38 PM   #205
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Kumar, you are lying. Nobody has demanded that anything should be "A&F". That's why, despite your "very good rémberance", you are completely unable to link to posts where they have.
It takes a very peculiar brand of - I'm not even sure whether words like enormous hubris and cognitive dissonance come close enough - of whatever you can call it to suggest that those of us who have hammered away for post after post in thread after thread saying there is no such thing as "A&F" and that the suggestion that anything be "A&F" is ignorant ill-educated baloney, have in any "indirect way" called for the very thing we condemn, berate and call utter nonsense.

Of course one must reckon with the ability of some posters to assert that black is white and true is false, so to call a person simply a liar might be too charitable an assessment of the problem. A liar does, after all, by definition, have some inking of what the truth is, and in this case, I regret to say that assumption is far from either absolute or final.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:23 AM   #206
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

You should remember. I already gave clues. If quotes are needed, we can never proceed but shall always move in circle. If you still want, search in all our interactions. But it is A&F that you demanded A&F type evidences.
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM   #207
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
It takes a very peculiar brand of - I'm not even sure whether words like enormous hubris and cognitive dissonance come close enough - of whatever you can call it to suggest that those of us who have hammered away for post after post in thread after thread saying there is no such thing as "A&F" and that the suggestion that anything be "A&F" is ignorant ill-educated baloney, have in any "indirect way" called for the very thing we condemn, berate and call utter nonsense.

Of course one must reckon with the ability of some posters to assert that black is white and true is false, so to call a person simply a liar might be too charitable an assessment of the problem. A liar does, after all, by definition, have some inking of what the truth is, and in this case, I regret to say that assumption is far from either absolute or final.
You do not know, how much they harshed me by rejecting all the evidences by this and that excuse. Indirectly they took benefit of doubt due to non A&F nature of evidences of other side inspite of anticipating science is neither A&F nor it can ever be. Even on Jainism, they are behaving similarily inspite of fact that many links and justification, may be of some non A&F nature, are provided. It is irrational egoistic scepticism and odd preception. Selfish Interests, I can not say.
Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM   #208
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
AF right.
Good, you have started recognizing A&F.
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM   #209
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

You should remember. I already gave clues. If quotes are needed, we can never proceed but shall always move in circle. If you still want, search in all our interactions. But it is A&F that you demanded A&F type evidences.
Because you were lying.
I don't think lying is a virtue in Jainism
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM   #210
Mojo
Mostly harmless

You should remember. I already gave clues. If quotes are needed, we can never proceed but shall always move in circle.

Providing evidence for your claims is not "moving in circles". You're just trying to make excuses for your inability to back up your false accusations.

Quote:
If you still want, search in all our interactions.

I have read them. Nobody, apart from you, has demanded "A&F type evidences".

Quote:
But it is A&F that you demanded A&F type evidences.

No, it isn't: it is a lie. The only person here who even thinks that "A&F" is possible is you.

That fact that people have pointed out that what you claim is evidence is at best very poor evidence, and often not evidence for the proposition you are arguing for, does not mean that they are demanding "A&F" evidence. Just good evidence.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; Yesterday at 06:33 AM. Reason: Typo.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM   #211
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

You do not know, how much they harshed me by rejecting all the evidences by this and that excuse. Indirectly they took benefit of doubt due to non A&F nature of evidences of other side inspite of anticipating science is neither A&F nor it can ever be. Even on Jainism, they are behaving similarily inspite of fact that many links and justification, may be of some non A&F nature, are provided. It is irrational egoistic scepticism and odd preception. Selfish Interests, I can not say.
Only dogs can hear the melody emanating from the world's smallest violin, yet it played all the same
Filippo Lippi is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM   #212
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

[quote=Mojo;12088000]Providing evidence for your claims is not "moving in circles". You're just trying to make excuses for your inability to back up your false accusations.
Depending on odd precption and irrational skepticism, one can be odd but do not consider himself accordingly. Mine demand for A&F evidences is always rejected but always demanded A&F from me. There are only two category, A&F or non A&F. More or less do not matter.

Quote:
I have read them. Nobody, apart from you, has demanded "A&F type evidences".

No, it isn't: it is a lie. The only person here who even thinks that "A&F" is possible is you.

That fact that people have pointed out that what you claim is evidence is at best very poor evidence, and often not evidence for the proposition you are arguing for, does not mean that they are demanding "A&F" evidence. Just good evidence.
As above.
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #213
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Filippo Lippi View Post
Only dogs can hear the melody emanating from the world's smallest violin, yet it played all the same
We also tend to see quantum particles i. e beyond our sensing capacity.
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #214
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Because you were lying.
I don't think lying is a virtue in Jainism
No. Face the fact.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #215
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

As above.
I've formed the hypothesis that you toss a certain number of phrases & indistinct terms into a randomly-directed word processor; you post the same garbled things in slightly different phrasings over and over and over.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM   #216
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

We also tend to see quantum particles i. e beyond our sensing capacity.
We see them but are not able to sense them, eh?
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #217
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Who are "they?" You claim that everyone here has demanded of you some kind of "A&F" because they don't accept your nonsense as true?

If you say in inch is a mile, it does not require an absolute to tell you you're wrong.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #218
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Mine demand for A&F evidences is always rejected but always demanded A&F from me.

Link to posts where this has been done, or withdraw your accusation.

Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM   #219
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Who are "they?" You claim that everyone here has demanded of you some kind of "A&F" because they don't accept your nonsense as true?

If you say in inch is a mile, it does not require an absolute to tell you you're wrong.
No, those demands were A&F type demands. When you can not achieve destination and lose all hopes to achieve it, one inch or one mile behind, do not matter.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #220
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Link to posts where this has been done, or withdraw your accusation.
Either way, not practical. You should remember and accept it. Otherwise I shall anticipate, you are intentionally avoiding.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #221
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
We see them but are not able to sense them, eh?
You measure them by math or by big machines. It can be an indirect seeing them without direct sensing.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy